The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nadal Says The 25 Second Rule Will Harm The Fans

+20
super_realist
bogbrush
summerblues
time please
User 774433
barrystar
Chydremion
Josiah Maiestas
laverfan
Danny_1982
TRuffin
lydian
Haddie-nuff
gboycottnut
socal1976
Jeremy_Kyle
carrieg4
lags72
JuliusHMarx
hawkeye
24 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Nadal Says The 25 Second Rule Will Harm The Fans - Page 4 Empty Nadal Says The 25 Second Rule Will Harm The Fans

Post by hawkeye Tue 12 Feb 2013, 3:15 pm

First topic message reminder :

This is what Nadal had to say about the new 25 second rule. I was wondering when he would be asked about it.

“People want to see long matches, competitive rallies and amazing shots. For me to play in a high level for four hours, I need more than 25 seconds,” said the Spaniard, famous for taking long between serves. ”I don’t think players are happy with the new rule. The umpire will have to decide when it’s up to follow it or not. Because if it’s something mathematical, it will harm the fans.”

http://www.tennispanorama.com/archives/35199/rafael-nadal-tennis-panroama-news

Quite right too!

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Nadal Says The 25 Second Rule Will Harm The Fans - Page 4 Empty Re: Nadal Says The 25 Second Rule Will Harm The Fans

Post by Haddie-nuff Thu 14 Feb 2013, 10:51 pm

lags72 wrote:Chydremion - you should not deny socal his pleasures .....!

I can only imagine that fans of Federer have worn with a similar "badge of honour" the ridicule and criticism of their favourite player that has been directed at both Federer, and themselves, over many years by - amongst others - supporters of Nadal and Djokovic ; and that they too have enjoyed him being the "arch villain", most notably when targeted by the likes of Uneducated Biased and Catalan Power on the old 606 and then continuing here (eg on the infamous sportsmanship thread).

So enjoy it socal ..... You're finally getting just a taste of what those Fed fans must have been enjoying for so very long.

Spread the love ...... heart

I can say this lags with my hand on heart I have taken more from Federer fans than they have ever received from me... because its not something I do. So I hope that is not a "blanket" statement about all Nadal fans.

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Nadal Says The 25 Second Rule Will Harm The Fans - Page 4 Empty Re: Nadal Says The 25 Second Rule Will Harm The Fans

Post by lags72 Thu 14 Feb 2013, 11:46 pm

No, certainly not a blanket statement H-n.

To automatically label all those who criticise one player as diehard fans of another has always been rather irrational and lazy IMO.

What I was trying to imply (perhaps not as effectively as I had hoped !) is that objectivity and fairness is just as likely to be lacking in those who cheerlead for Djokovic or Nadal as in those who align themselves to Federer or Murray - or indeed any other player, past or present.

lags72

Back to top Go down

Post by User 774433 Thu 14 Feb 2013, 11:47 pm

Don't worry Lags, I will stay as objective as I have been in the last few months.

User 774433

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Fri 15 Feb 2013, 12:52 am

lags72 wrote:Chydremion - you should not deny socal his pleasures .....!

I can only imagine that fans of Federer have worn with a similar "badge of honour" the ridicule and criticism of their favourite player that has been directed at both Federer, and themselves, over many years by - amongst others - supporters of Nadal and Djokovic ; and that they too have enjoyed him being the "arch villain", most notably when targeted by the likes of Uneducated Biased and Catalan Power on the old 606 and then continuing here (eg on the infamous sportsmanship thread).

So enjoy it socal ..... You're finally getting just a taste of what those Fed fans must have been enjoying for so very long.

Spread the love ...... heart

Excellent post lags I can't say fed doesn't have his detractors although few and far between. Unbiased educator was hilarious. I do take the animosity towards djoko and his tennis as a compliment. In 2009 and 2010 he was simply not talked about much on tennis sites. How remarkably times have changed. Myself I can't resist having a go at fed's edberg awards or weak era discussions, in the words of de Niro in untouchables a man must have enthusiasms

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Fri 15 Feb 2013, 1:19 am

Chydremion wrote:
socal1976 wrote:If djokovic wins three slams in a row and lets say he is playing nadal in the uso final I bet there will be a lot of new nadal fans on this forum. Emancipator and bb may even buy a poster of nadal with his shirt off to hang in their bedroom

Really?? I will support Djokovic against Nadal as long as he has less than 12 slams.

EDIT: Oh didn't read three in a row. Well we can't have Djokovic winning all slams in same year. Not because we hate him. but because deluded Djokovic fans (don't mean you Social) will always use that as opportunity to declare Djokovic unrightfully GOAT above Federer.

Great post and very honest. That is precisely why we saw some nadal hatahs cheering for him in fo 2012.

I hope you get such an opportunity to cheer for nadal, although I doubt it will happen but whoever plays djoko in that final will be the second most popular player on 606v2

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Fri 15 Feb 2013, 5:34 am

socal1976 wrote:but whoever plays djoko in that final will be the second most popular player on 606v2
Federer hatah Wink

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4