The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taker(spoiler)

+5
x12x
Aaronb33
Hero
Mr H
Korankye88
9 posters

Go down

Taker(spoiler) Empty Taker(spoiler)

Post by Korankye88 Tue 26 Feb 2013, 12:51 pm

Why did wwe show a tout video of taker returning to a house show? Does that not ruin the big hype of when he actually does return?
Korankye88
Korankye88

http://www.korankye-entertainment.com

Back to top Go down

Taker(spoiler) Empty Re: Taker(spoiler)

Post by Guest Tue 26 Feb 2013, 12:51 pm

Perhaps he isn't returning, time is running short now

Back to top Go down

Post by Korankye88 Tue 26 Feb 2013, 12:53 pm

How longs left now? 4/5 weeks? If he isn't gonna return what are they gonna do with punk?
Korankye88
Korankye88

http://www.korankye-entertainment.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Tue 26 Feb 2013, 12:58 pm

Time isnt running short, there are still 5 or 6 Raw's before Mania and considering Taker is unlikely to actively compete in those 5 or 6 Raw's all we're going to see are promo's.

5 weeks worth of promo's is enough to build the match. I expect after Punk's loss to Cena that we might indeed see Taker next week.

Punk's promo on Raw this week could be interpreted as calling out Taker without even mentioning his name.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 26 Feb 2013, 1:00 pm

I thought it was more calling out Mick Foley!

'I am God'

'Erm no, the people of 'insert town name for cheap plug' seem to think that Mrs Foley's baby boy is God, Bang Bang!'

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaronb33 Tue 26 Feb 2013, 1:22 pm

Have Taker appear at a house show, it gets people talking about Raw. More people talking about it means more people watching it.

Show a 15 second video this week, and people watch next week to see him (hopefully) return.

They're trying to spike the ratings before WM.

Aaronb33

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Tue 26 Feb 2013, 1:30 pm

It teases the fans who were expecting the comeback last night, it got people more excited about the awesome Cena v Punk match and it got people excited about Wrestlemania.

As people have said there are quite a few Raw's left before Wrestlemania and I can't imagine Taker being able to fight every week, so leaving it till as close to WM as possible seems like a sensible idea...also how long would it really take to build this match up?

The moment people hear his theme they'll go crazy for it!

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Statto00 Tue 26 Feb 2013, 2:14 pm

xviperx wrote:how long would it really take to build this match up?

The moment people hear his theme they'll go crazy for it!
How about no build at all? Have Punk out whining that he doesn't have a match, the gong hits, out comes Taker, Punk hits a piledriver on him 1-2-3, streak over? Yahoo

Statto00

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Tue 26 Feb 2013, 2:41 pm

While that would be exciting the WWE know the draw of Punk v Taker and if/when the match gets confirmed they'll promo it within a inch of it's life.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Statto00 Tue 26 Feb 2013, 3:11 pm

If it were to go down that way, however, (a) Punk would be cemented as the stellar superstar, (b) it would be talked about as one of the biggest WM moments ever, and (c) think how many people would buy the re-runs!

Statto00

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Tue 26 Feb 2013, 4:04 pm

Yeah I guess, however they're going to do it, it will sell but as someone mentioned on a different post does a streakless Undertaker hold the same draw?

20-1 does not sell t-shirts or DVD's.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by VoiceOfTheVoiceless Tue 26 Feb 2013, 4:09 pm

Having already made a 20-0 DVD though maybe that's a sign that there willing to let it go.

Unless people who bought the 20-0 DVD are really going to be stupid enough to buy another DVD with 1 extra match on it...

VoiceOfTheVoiceless

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Tue 26 Feb 2013, 4:16 pm

haha I've not watched wrestling for a while and didn't know 20-0 was made...I guess it could be the end and then they can make another DVD about the streak ending.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Tue 26 Feb 2013, 4:18 pm

There's 5 RAWs before now and WM. For me, ending the streak will be one of the biggest storylines in the history of the WWE and 5 episodes is not enough give it the build that would do it justice.

Punk has just come off 2 defeats against someone who has rarely wrestled in 9 years so I'm not sure how they would make it believable that he could beat The Undertaker at WM wit so little time to work with.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by VoiceOfTheVoiceless Tue 26 Feb 2013, 4:38 pm

Surely they can use smack down to build it aswell, would even help boost the ratings for both shows!

VoiceOfTheVoiceless

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Tue 26 Feb 2013, 4:44 pm

VoiceOfTheVoiceless wrote:Surely they can use smack down to build it aswell, would even help boost the ratings for both shows!

I suppose that's an option but is Smackdown used as proper build for the main events matches these days? I ask as I genuinely don't know.

I still think it would be too short though. I don't think Punk and Undertaker have enough back story to make it work (ending the streak that is). They can definitely pull-off some good build and I think Punk can drag Undertaker to a very good match, but not enough for a streak-ender.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by VoiceOfTheVoiceless Tue 26 Feb 2013, 4:48 pm

As far as I'm aware in punks run as WHC didn't undertaker make comments about the way punk presented himself as a champion (the way he dressed etc.) to which punk made comments which upset big players in the back and lost the title to taker not long after. He has broken the 4th wall before they should let him do it again bringing this up and maybe build from there...

VoiceOfTheVoiceless

Back to top Go down

Post by Price Check On Jackass Tue 26 Feb 2013, 4:48 pm

If indeed they are going with Punk v Taker, I really don't know how they expect us to believe Punk can take the streak off the back of a clean loss to Cena last night. Would have made more sense after Punks promo for Taker to come out during the main event and cost him, setting it up and Punk only losing to Cena after a distraction.

Everyone on the chatbox I was in expected that to happen though so maybe WWE got wind of it, changed their plans and that was the reason for the tout video before the match?

Price Check On Jackass

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Tue 26 Feb 2013, 4:51 pm

When you think back to how the seed for HBK v Taker II was planted before the Royal Rumble and the epic build up to that match you have to say that 5 weeks isnt long enough to put Punk over as a legitimate threat. They could go with it and book the match but liverbnz is right - there is no way the streak would end based on a 5 week build up.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 26 Feb 2013, 9:42 pm

Price Check On Jackass wrote:If indeed they are going with Punk v Taker, I really don't know how they expect us to believe Punk can take the streak off the back of a clean loss to Cena last night. Would have made more sense after Punks promo for Taker to come out during the main event and cost him, setting it up and Punk only losing to Cena after a distraction.

Everyone on the chatbox I was in expected that to happen though so maybe WWE got wind of it, changed their plans and that was the reason for the tout video before the match?

In regards to Undertaker costing Punk the match v Cena wouldn't that though come across as heel? Interrupting a feud without a real reason to cost someone a chance to main event Mania, generally not the actions of a face.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down