The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which was Floyds best fight?

+6
ShahenshahG
Lance
bellchees
Strongback
sweet_pea
jimdig
10 posters

Go down

Which was Floyds best fight? Empty Which was Floyds best fight?

Post by jimdig Sun 03 Mar 2013, 12:59 am

Easy question with complex answer, which was Floyd Mayweather Juniors best fight? and why? for me Corrales or Hatton, systematic destruction. I love the way Floyd gives the false sense of security of giving away the first round (or 2) then ratchets up the pressure. Over to you guys and girls.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Which was Floyds best fight? Empty Re: Which was Floyds best fight?

Post by sweet_pea Sun 03 Mar 2013, 1:03 am

someone posted judah fight the other day so i went back n watched it. was quite impressive to see judah being dismantled after having some great success in the first 3/4 rounds, but judah coming into the fight wasnt that good.

corrales was impressive, prob that.
sweet_pea
sweet_pea

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 03 Mar 2013, 1:11 am

Probably Corrales for me, the guy was big, Strong & tough, making a name for himself & Floyd took him apart. Also Manfredy was a good win. He'd been beginning to make a name for himself, had the wins over Gatti & Floyd destroyed him. SFW was quite possibly his best weight. Hatton was a good win but WW not Hattons best weight, but after that not much for me.

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Sun 03 Mar 2013, 1:13 am

Funny, I went back and watched Judah too, after that thread, I had remembered the fight as close (live) which of course it wasn't, Floyd did his thing of letting the other fighter show what he had, then systematically breaking him down. The 10th round melee getting in the way of total destruction.
Just after watching the Baldomir fight, which made me post. Baldomir was crap though how Judah lost to him i'll never understand. Styles making fights just doesn't add up as an explanation for that.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sun 03 Mar 2013, 2:44 am

The most entertaining were probably the Castillo fights. Floyd had to dig a bit deeper. Watching him cruise to victory just looks like it's too easy. He also did well to come through the De La Hoya fight and that was a good achievement at 154 even if Oscar was getting on.

Last edited by Strongback on Sun 03 Mar 2013, 3:12 am; edited 1 time in total

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Sun 03 Mar 2013, 2:53 am

Corrales for me, just a perfect performance.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Sun 03 Mar 2013, 12:36 pm

agree corrales was his best performance. but hatton was by far the most entertaining. watching it in a packed club with a load of morons who thought hatton was winning and that the knockdown came from nowhere, it was classic.

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sun 03 Mar 2013, 12:53 pm

Corrales as well, complete mastery followed by Judah, really exposed his Mental frailties.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 03 Mar 2013, 1:11 pm

Lance wrote:agree corrales was his best performance. but hatton was by far the most entertaining. watching it in a packed club with a load of morons who thought hatton was winning and that the knockdown came from nowhere, it was classic.

They probably thought the ref was equally to blame as well. I heard a couple of guys say in a rematch with a different ref it could go the other way!

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 03 Mar 2013, 2:43 pm

I think Hatton was the best........Hatton was unbeaten and probably in his prime.....He had plenty of intimidatory tactics from Hatton before the fight at the weigh in etc...

He then proceeded to let Hatton tire himself out with ineffective offence and then dominate the fight...with a superb jab

Beautiful performance against a good/great fighter......After all plenty of people thought Hatton would beat him..

Hatton only lost to the best it has to be remembered!!

Forgetting the silly comeback

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Sun 03 Mar 2013, 2:52 pm

In terms of sheer virtuosity and punch-perfect boxing, then it was probably the Gatti fight, for me. Even allowing for the standard of opposition, it was still an amazing display by Floyd.

If we take everything in to account, though, I'd say either Corrales or Mosley. Granted, Shane had him in bother in the second round but after that point it was Floyd at his very best. The thing is, since going up to Welter, Floyd had often left a bit of his offensive arsenal behind, so it was great to see it back against Mosley.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 03 Mar 2013, 2:55 pm

Think DelaHoya was the most dangerous opponent he faced.....and he was smaller too....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sun 03 Mar 2013, 3:08 pm

In terms of his best performance I would say Gatti. Floyd looked several levels above that night. Gatti was confident but was taken apart.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Mon 04 Mar 2013, 12:41 pm

Performance: Corrales
Fight: Augustus/Burton anyone?

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down