The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

live stream from Floyds camp. interview and workout!

+6
rycoys
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
BALTIMORA
TRUSSMAN66
Scottrf
azumah HOF
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

live stream from Floyds camp. interview and workout! Empty live stream from Floyds camp. interview and workout!

Post by azumah HOF Wed 07 Sep 2011, 7:05 pm

'I'm not gonna be moving.... we going toe to toe..... its not going the disance' (Floyd quotes)

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content10702.html?PHPSESSID=e8b947280191bc1e844f9dc75f843d47

azumah HOF

Back to top Go down

live stream from Floyds camp. interview and workout! Empty Re: live stream from Floyds camp. interview and workout!

Post by Scottrf Wed 07 Sep 2011, 7:09 pm

Without sparring I guess?

Seen his grin and tap pads 100 times before. Anything more substantial?

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

live stream from Floyds camp. interview and workout! Empty Re: live stream from Floyds camp. interview and workout!

Post by azumah HOF Wed 07 Sep 2011, 7:34 pm

Well as a seasoned watcher you know Floyd never shows sparring... even pac's shown sparring is highly constrained. There is however a q and a with reporters which lasts over 30 mins..... some great stuff especially on Dela Hoya and Khan!

azumah HOF

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 07 Sep 2011, 7:38 pm

Cheers Az, I'll watch the interviews then.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 07 Sep 2011, 7:42 pm

What happened to the oh og article????

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Wed 07 Sep 2011, 7:46 pm

It's in M***y news.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by azumah HOF Wed 07 Sep 2011, 8:32 pm

http://www.esnewsreporting.com/

Although i really do not like Elle Sechback got to admit the guy keeps us on the pulse of boxing with his behind the scenes interviews. Check out the interview when you scroll down with Supe Zab Judah.

The most intersting point is his take on Floyds sparring thus far. He is predicting a Floyd KO because as he says Floyd is'doing something different in sparring, he is walking these guys down and pounding them out'. This is against 154 pounders!!!

azumah HOF

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed 07 Sep 2011, 8:35 pm

He was sparring with Lamont Peterson and Jesse Vargas and thei both 140lbs guys. Who else has he been sparring?
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by rycoys Wed 07 Sep 2011, 8:37 pm

dont matter want people think of him , he is class

rycoys

Back to top Go down

Post by azumah HOF Wed 07 Sep 2011, 8:45 pm

Peterson has got very little action .... peterson has primarily been there to get Vargas ready who is on the undercard. Vargas has definetly NOT been in any serious sparring with Floyd. Vargas has his own bout and wouldnt be risked.
The light middle DEandre the bull Latimore by all accounts has seen a lot of action as has the tough middleweight Kassim Ouma!

azumah HOF

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed 07 Sep 2011, 8:54 pm

Zoomy you got insider knowledge?

They 2 aren't bad sparring partners by all accounts. I thought Vargas done a fair bit of sparring with Floyd similar to Khan and Pac.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by azumah HOF Wed 07 Sep 2011, 9:02 pm

I got a mate over at ESB who is always in these camps!!! legend..... Vagas has moved with Floyd but its not balls out!!!! Khan and Pac are pretty much operating around same weights pre fight! I have also been led to believe from seasoned viewers that they feel Manny holds something back in these sessions!

azumah HOF

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric Da Cat Wed 07 Sep 2011, 9:03 pm

Azumah

I know you're a big Floyd fan but apart from him being a superb boxer, how can anyone actually want him to win a fight and be fantatical about him, he is possibly the most vulgar human sports athlete out there, the constant effing and blinding, burning money and being a total buffoon is cringe worthy. Ali said some dreadful unforgiving things but he was also magically charming, did you ever see Ali resorting to effing and blinding? Just modern day smut, from a vulgar chap, Like I said before Floyd will get his come tuppence one day and I can't wait to see it, vulgar criminal.

Eric Da Cat
Eric Da Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed 07 Sep 2011, 9:05 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if you were Roach would you want Manny knocking around your next biggest pay cheque?
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by azumah HOF Wed 07 Sep 2011, 9:10 pm

And as for Ouma and Latimore.... those kids are bloody strong aggrsive boxers. If Judah is riht and Floyd stayinng int th pocket and walking these boys out then wow!!! in the interview Seckbach actually tries to talk down the sparring in that Floyd is sorting them out...... Floyd shoots back that the boys are strong strong on the inside! so thas another insight..... Floyd is parring these boys a lot on the inside right in tht hitting zone.

Ive got a theory.... Floyd's ego. have no doubt Floyd was embarassed by those two shots from Shane. But this is typical Floyd ego... instead of that making him gun shy he wants to prove that he will go straight back and fight a beast in the pocket! Now in 24/7 and in this interview it is the second time i notice floyd has been interviewed with a visibly grazed lip.... more evidence of some brutal sessions going on????

azumah HOF

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Wed 07 Sep 2011, 9:14 pm

Could be a cold sore. Herpes maybe?

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed 07 Sep 2011, 9:17 pm

I think he won't move as much maybe tweaking his style because he is 34 now you can't expect the guy to have the hand speed and reflexes he did when he was 21. He used to get his sparring partners to come at him when he was on the ropes so if it's true then it seems we might see a change in his style.

I'm not sure about your theory although I wouldn't dismiss it he's an ego maniac. He proved he has a very good chin because those shots Mosley caught him with would have floored most of the 140 and 154lbs divisions. Mosley is a hell of a puncher.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed 07 Sep 2011, 9:18 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:Could be a cold sore. Herpes maybe?

If the lovely Ms Jackson had herpes would you still have a go?
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by azumah HOF Wed 07 Sep 2011, 9:23 pm

Eric Da Cat wrote:Azumah

I know you're a big Floyd fan but apart from him being a superb boxer, how can anyone actually want him to win a fight and be fantatical about him, he is possibly the most vulgar human sports athlete out there, the constant effing and blinding, burning money and being a total buffoon is cringe worthy. Ali said some dreadful unforgiving things but he was also magically charming, did you ever see Ali resorting to effing and blinding? Just modern day smut, from a vulgar chap, Like I said before Floyd will get his come tuppence one day and I can't wait to see it, vulgar criminal.

Eric i dont know how old you are sir and i dont know if its a generational thing in the way i view boxing mate. But i find you curiously too emtional in your judgements of fighters whislt i am very dispassionate about the character flaws that seem to rile you. I have been in and around boxing gyms since i was 14 and i am now 40. So i have known many amateur and pro boxers. as a an example i boxed as an amateur out of the old gainsford gym in st pancras kings cross and saw many of the pros like kirkland laing, michael watson and mugabi at close quaters amongst many.
Boxing is full of many rather undesirable and troubled young men. vulgar, brutal and very hungry.... all the things that turn u off are par for the course with many boxers. Im sorry but i have seen far worse than Floyd. The Ali/Clay argument is very weak...... Certainly Floyd has never demeaned and ruthlessly exploited an opponent for entertainment and to gain an edge as Ali did! Ali at least twice set out to deliberately torture a fellow pro in the ring rather than end it quickly, at least one of these attacks was undoubdetly racially motivated (lets call it as it is, akin to a racially motivated assualt) and i am a black man!!!!
Tyson...... often terrible, mitch green, vile, Duran absolutely disgusting in his private life, ibeabuchi..... enuff said.

I am however a bonafide fan of the sweet science and many of the names listed where brave and great exponents of the art. Floyd Mayweather will go down as a transformational boxer, i struggle to see how true fans cannot realise the glaringly obvious!

azumah HOF

Back to top Go down

Post by azumah HOF Wed 07 Sep 2011, 9:28 pm

prettyboykev wrote:I think he won't move as much maybe tweaking his style because he is 34 now you can't expect the guy to have the hand speed and reflexes he did when he was 21. He used to get his sparring partners to come at him when he was on the ropes so if it's true then it seems we might see a change in his style.

I'm not sure about your theory although I wouldn't dismiss it he's an ego maniac. He proved he has a very good chin because those shots Mosley caught him with would have floored most of the 140 and 154lbs divisions. Mosley is a hell of a puncher.

Kev i am really certain that Floyd could dance for 15 rounds if he chose too and if circumstances dictated in a fight he could go to that mode. he is perhaps the fittest guy in the sport the leg work he does, jumping rope the way he does etc suggest he could still do it.
So i am convinced this style is by choice. So why? simple Floyd has become a physical beast of a man at 147!!!! he has become so physically strong that he pushes a mosely around physically..... manny steward spotted it from round two of the fight! Floyd has filled out with his man strength and this has emboldened him to fight differnetly using his physical strengths

azumah HOF

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed 07 Sep 2011, 9:34 pm

azumah HOF wrote:
prettyboykev wrote:I think he won't move as much maybe tweaking his style because he is 34 now you can't expect the guy to have the hand speed and reflexes he did when he was 21. He used to get his sparring partners to come at him when he was on the ropes so if it's true then it seems we might see a change in his style.

Kev i am really certain that Floyd could dance for 15 rounds if he chose too and if circumstances dictated in a fight he could go to that mode. he is perhaps the fittest guy in the sport the leg work he does, jumping rope the way he does etc suggest he could still do it.
So i am convinced this style is by choice. So why? simple Floyd has become a physical beast of a man at 147!!!! he has become so physically strong that he pushes a mosely around physically..... manny steward spotted it from round two of the fight! Floyd has filled out with his man strength and this has emboldened him to fight differnetly using his physical strengths

He has looked a lot bigger since his return after Hatton. If he wants to stop moving around the ring so much he could become a very dangerous fighter although he has hand trouble so would a higher punch output suit him?

I'm not sure it's held him back from finishing a fight early before.

SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric Da Cat Wed 07 Sep 2011, 9:38 pm

I guess we'll agree to differ Azumah, I prefer a gentleman, leave the cocky obscene blighters in football, just a shame the one of two faces in boxing is so hard to admire as much as he has the ability.

Enjoy the fight and thanks for addressing my post all the best
Eric Da Cat
Eric Da Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by azumah HOF Wed 07 Sep 2011, 9:52 pm

Eric Da Cat wrote:I guess we'll agree to differ Azumah, I prefer a gentleman, leave the cocky obscene blighters in football, just a shame the one of two faces in boxing is so hard to admire as much as he has the ability.

Enjoy the fight and thanks for addressing my post all the best
Respect Eric! good man!!!

azumah HOF

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 07 Sep 2011, 10:07 pm

See azumah's arrival has coincided with D4's......

Both ends of the spectrum........

I want Floyd to win and am sure he will but sooner or later all this ring rust and time off will catch up with him....

Ortiz isn't skilled enough to exploit an 80% Floyd though..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed 07 Sep 2011, 10:12 pm

Once a quitter, always a quitter Vicky Ortiz will be outclassed and humiliated.
Cant stand him. C'mon money!

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed 07 Sep 2011, 10:13 pm

Truss he said on the HBO face off that he would stay active and was looking to fight again in December or January although I will believe it when I see it. I think it could be another 12+ months before we see him again after Ortiz.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed 07 Sep 2011, 10:17 pm

He will fight Manny and call it a day.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 07 Sep 2011, 10:20 pm

Prettyboy he's at the stage of his career where only a challenge interests him...

After Ortiz there is only Khan and I'm not sure he's big enough.....

Ortiz has a hispanic following....not sure Khan can match him in interest..Can't see Floyd coming to England.

Think it's manny next and then goodbye win or lose...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by azumah HOF Wed 07 Sep 2011, 10:30 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:See azumah's arrival has coincided with D4's......

Both ends of the spectrum........

I want Floyd to win and am sure he will but sooner or later all this ring rust and time off will catch up with him....

Ortiz isn't skilled enough to exploit an 80% Floyd though..
i am insulted that you compare me with your mate D4..... seems this based on me being an admirer of one of the best skilled boxers i have had the privilege of seeing.
might i remind you that i have enough balance to also really like Pac, infact i remember the days in your wisdom you crossed swords with me on the old forum as you were convince Hatton would slay Manny and told me ad nauseum that i must be drunk predicting a Manny crushing victory.
Name the boxing topic old boy and i will dissect it and show depth that would leave you awed!!! then again this is like preaching to the converted really isnt it....... oh the demons are coming floooding back Hug

azumah HOF

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 07 Sep 2011, 10:33 pm

No comparison.......just stating both ends of the spectrum are represented..

Returndamac or lilhandsof stone would never have been so sensitive..

I enjoy your stuff always have.....................

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed 07 Sep 2011, 10:33 pm

Name the boxing topic old boy and i will dissect it and show depth that would leave you awed!!! then again this is like preaching to the converted really isnt it....... oh the demons are coming floooding back

azumah HOF

Who killed Sonny Listen?

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 07 Sep 2011, 10:35 pm

Lee harvey oswald's ghost????

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbag_puncher Wed 07 Sep 2011, 10:37 pm

I don't see Flyod getting him out of there. He's stopped 1 person at WW or above and that was Hatton. The same Hatton who was wobbled all over the shop by Lazcano and then absolutely pancaked by Pacquaio. Granted guys like Mosley and OLDH have excellent chins but should have got Marquez outta there.

Ortiz doesn't have a bad chin and I don't think Flyod's pot shotting will be enough to stop him. I cant see him suddenly coming out all guns blazing a la Hagler Vs Hearns. He doesn't hit as hard as Maidana or Berto even and Ortiz is looking like a big strong WW. PBF UD all night long.

paperbag_puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by azumah HOF Wed 07 Sep 2011, 10:37 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:No comparison.......just stating both ends of the spectrum are represented..

Recurring nightmares for some..... wry smiles over a cold beer for other!!!! Very Happy

Been there, done that, made the t shirt..... all in a very easy days work........

Think its time to saddle up again Les!! Wink Wink

azumah HOF

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed 07 Sep 2011, 10:39 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:No comparison.......just stating both ends of the spectrum are represented..

What's happened to you man? Read a few of your posts you sound like a patsy.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 07 Sep 2011, 10:39 pm

We all have our baggage.....

goodnight old friend..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 07 Sep 2011, 10:40 pm

Patsy.......More of a Diane...at weekends anyway.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by azumah HOF Wed 07 Sep 2011, 10:40 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:Name the boxing topic old boy and i will dissect it and show depth that would leave you awed!!! then again this is like preaching to the converted really isnt it....... oh the demons are coming floooding back

azumah HOF

Who killed Sonny Listen?

Easy..... Budinin Brown, brother rahhem X and the black moslems!!!

azumah HOF

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 07 Sep 2011, 10:42 pm

That's cleared it up for you onetwo..

Budinin Brown....brother of binin laden...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed 07 Sep 2011, 10:42 pm

paperbag_puncher wrote:should have got Marquez outta there.

Marquez may have been down a few times in his career but he has never been stopped.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed 07 Sep 2011, 10:43 pm

You know what I mean. Wings been clipped or something?

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 07 Sep 2011, 10:44 pm

Sorry strongy I'm not myself today Mate..

Still in awe at your intellectually brilliant "What round will Adamek fall in" thread...

I'll get over it though..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 07 Sep 2011, 10:45 pm

In all seriousness though I have had more pms than Downing street you could say! Wink

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbag_puncher Wed 07 Sep 2011, 10:51 pm

prettyboykev wrote:
paperbag_puncher wrote:should have got Marquez outta there.

Marquez may have been down a few times in his career but he has never been stopped.

I'm well aware of that. But Marquez was really a LW moving up to WW. He's a great fighter but had nothing to trouble Flyod. Didnt have the power to discourage PBF. He didnt have the speed needed to outbox him. If there was ever a time to see this supposed aggressive side of Flyod it should a been here. He had him down and should have put him away. I can't see Flyod suddenly coming out and blowing away a natural WW. We haven't seen anything like that since he moved to WW and I can't see it here.

paperbag_puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed 07 Sep 2011, 10:57 pm

He might not need to blow Ortiz away. Ortiz might quit!
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed 07 Sep 2011, 10:57 pm

I was working on the K.I.S.S principle for the Adamek thread. 50 hits for no effort ain't bad though.

PM's are popular then. Does that explain the licky lickyness.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbag_puncher Wed 07 Sep 2011, 10:59 pm

prettyboykev wrote:He might not need to blow Ortiz away. Ortiz might quit!

Pretty sure he won't.

paperbag_puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed 07 Sep 2011, 11:02 pm

paperbag_puncher wrote:

Pretty sure he won't.

He done it before. Maidna has been taunting him over twitter about it for weeks now. Ortiz just ignores him. He seems to think if he says he doesn't remember it we will all forget about it. He had a pop at Kellerman on the HBO face off because Kellerman had an opinion on it at the time.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 07 Sep 2011, 11:08 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:In all seriousness though I have had more pms than Downing street you could say! Wink
2?

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbag_puncher Wed 07 Sep 2011, 11:23 pm

prettyboykev wrote:
paperbag_puncher wrote:

Pretty sure he won't.

He done it before. Maidna has been taunting him over twitter about it for weeks now. Ortiz just ignores him. He seems to think if he says he doesn't remember it we will all forget about it. He had a pop at Kellerman on the HBO face off because Kellerman had an opinion on it at the time.

He's quit once in 29 fights doesn't mean he's liable to quit in every successive fight. I think he was pretty green against Maidana, made some silly errors and couldn't adjust but I'm sure he's learned from that. I'm ready to forget about the Maidana fight and let him get on with his career. He took some huge right hands in that fight. They would have KO'd lesser fighters and we wouldn't hear of it again. I don't think Flyods capable of dishing out that kind of immediate punishment. Sure he'll have too much and may give Ortiz a sustained beating in the 2nd half of the fight but don't think he'll get him out of there. I'm pretty sure Ortiz would hammer Maidana if they met again. Do you think Flyods gonna KO him?

paperbag_puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next