The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

32 teams in 32 days: New England Patriots

2 posters

Go down

32 teams in 32 days: New England Patriots Empty 32 teams in 32 days: New England Patriots

Post by GSC Mon 04 Mar 2013, 11:08 am

Record: 12-4
Offensive Rank: 1st (Passing: 4th, Rushing: 7th)
Defensive Rank: 25th (Passing: 29th, Rushing: 9th)

What went well?

Brady carried the team. Welker accumulated passes. Ridley had his moments. Chandler Jones had a good first half of the season. Talib and McCourty at safety improved a weak secondary down the stretch.

What went badly?
The lack of explosiveness was apparent vs good defenses. Arrington is crap. McCourty isn't good at CB. Patriots struggled to generate a pass rush.

Prospects for 2013?
The Patriots are still an elite team, in a weak AFC East. Controlling the division shouldn't be a problem, however a down the field threat on offense, and some bite on D would help in January.

Projected 2013 Draft Pick?
Aqib Talib is a FA, Kyle Arrington needs replaced and McCourty is better at safety. The Pats could use a deep threat but they can get that later, Jonathon Banks gives them the kind of big CB they like.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

32 teams in 32 days: New England Patriots Empty Re: 32 teams in 32 days: New England Patriots

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 04 Mar 2013, 12:02 pm

Probably address the deep threat in Free Agency and the defence in the draft again I reckon.

Hopefully Jones can progress next season, injury halfway through derailed him. McCourty at safety is much better, but bar him we dont have anything back there (Talib going and Dennard being a pillock and possibly being jailed)

Fine at stopping the run. Wilfork is a beast.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down