The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

32 teams in 32 days: Atlanta Falcons

5 posters

Go down

32 teams in 32 days: Atlanta Falcons Empty 32 teams in 32 days: Atlanta Falcons

Post by GSC Tue 05 Mar 2013, 10:55 am

Record: 13-3
Offensive Rank: 8th (Passing: 6th, Rushing: 29th)
Defensive Rank: 24th (Passing: 23rd, Rushing: 21st)

What went well?

Ryan took a step forward under Koetter. White and Julio provided the best 1-2 punch at WR in the league. Gonzalez rolled off the years. Asante gave the defense some swagger on the backend, and the Falcons racked up some turnovers.

What went badly?
Run game was non existent, protection was shoddy at times. Defense struggled to get after the QB, and didn't hold up so well without turnovers

Prospects for 2013?
The NFC South figures to be less crap this season, though the Falcons return as the most complete team in the division. Defense could use more bite if the Falcons are to get over the hump. Retaining Grimes is a must.

Projected 2013 Draft Pick?

The Falcons need more bite up front, but I think this is more likely to come via FA. Jaquizz Rodgers is a nice relief back, but really shouldn't see extended time as a starter, Eddie Lacy gives the Falcons a guy who can run in between the tackles and contribute out of the backfield.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

32 teams in 32 days: Atlanta Falcons Empty Re: 32 teams in 32 days: Atlanta Falcons

Post by mikeygnfl Tue 05 Mar 2013, 2:47 pm

It will be interesting to see if they draft at RB and TE or whether they go for Steven Jackson off the free agency and bring Tony Gonzalez back out of retirement?
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

32 teams in 32 days: Atlanta Falcons Empty Re: 32 teams in 32 days: Atlanta Falcons

Post by Forward Pass Tue 05 Mar 2013, 3:48 pm

Much as i think Sjax is a good RB ,better than Turner anyway
his wages are high for a player on the gradual decline

there D is ok but not good enough come play offs
so pass rusher in the 1st round & an RB in round 2 or 3

Look likely to win division again though
Forward Pass
Forward Pass

Back to top Go down

Post by NYJ Tue 05 Mar 2013, 3:58 pm

Sjax is going to hit the wall sooner rather than later. I fear for any team willing to give him a multi-year contract.

If I had to guess, I'd say Gonzalez comes back for one more year. They still need to draft a TE IMO, because this is a great draft class. What better way to develop a rookie?
NYJ
NYJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 05 Mar 2013, 6:34 pm

Don't think they will take a RB first round, think they need defence first, and RB's can be found later in the draft
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down