The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Streak (RAW spoliers)

+18
liverbnz
Shot 21 LCFC
hodge
Kay Fabe
dallym
Dr Gregory House MD
talkingpoint
Hulking_up
Aaronb33
Kenny
theundisputedY2D2
Dolphin Ziggler
Crimey
Mr H
JamesLincs
Mr Video Man
GSC
Adam D
22 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Is Punk likely to break the streak?

The Streak (RAW spoliers) - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%The Streak (RAW spoliers) - Page 2 Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 8 ]
The Streak (RAW spoliers) - Page 2 Vote_lcap80%The Streak (RAW spoliers) - Page 2 Vote_rcap 80% 
[ 33 ]

Total Votes : 41

The Streak (RAW spoliers) - Page 2 Empty The Streak (RAW spoliers)

Post by Guest Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:51 pm

First topic message reminder :

Is Punk likely to break the streak?

Reasons why and why not, some healthy debate would be appreciated. Don't start wumming though please!!!

Back to top Go down

The Streak (RAW spoliers) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Streak (RAW spoliers)

Post by MIG Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:31 am

If the GTS was done properly which it rarely is it would be a very decent way of knocking someone out imo.

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:44 am

I've always thought the GTS looks better when KENTA does it, possibly because he's always wrestling Jr Heavyweights

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:22 am

The GTS i feel is one of those moves which rely on the opponent properly selling it...it can come off as pretty poor but when sold correctly can look vicious.

For me The Rock when hit with the GTS during Punk's initial sneak attack months ago sold it perfectly. It looked fantastic and I had no doubt that had it been real life he'd have been knocked out cold.

However when he hits the Undertaker with it, which he inevitably will at some point, I won't for a second believe it will put Taker away. Especially given he has kicked out of a couple of pedigrees...Sweet Chin Music/Pedigree combo etc all in the past couple of years.

What I would love to see and really think Taker/CM Punk may decide to do at the wrath of Vince is see the Pepsi Plunge being hit. That would be insane and I think make a lot of people think the streak will be broken.

I also think that their should be a Hells Gate and Anaconda Vice reversal moment during the match...the moves fit into one another and could provide a perfect way to end the match.

With regards to people thinking the build up will be too short for Punk to sell the fact he could win this is one point I massively disagree with. If anyone can make people believe he can beat Taker in 5 weeks then it is Punk!!

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:11 am

5 weeks is long enough, UFC only build their PPV's a few weeks before the event and still manage to get that big fight feel about them. Punk has the ability to produce a pipe bomb at any time that changes the atmosphere and character of the feud. For me the emphasis is on Taker playing his part, how will he interact with Punk's character and will they have a synergy and dynamic that leaves people tuning in to next week's Raw for the next verbal exchange?

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:39 am

Would love Punk to take the streak. If they want to create the next Rock and Stone Cold they have the perfect chance to do so with Punk. He has it all but I'm sure Taker's streak will never be broken due to what it brings at Mania cash wise and buzz wise.

However, I think Punk would be the ideal man to break the streak. He's had his own streak with the belt and this would top off an unbelievable year and cement him as the man in the company whatever Cena does. Cena wins the belt from Rock, Punk takes the streak, setting up an unbelievable year for the two where the belt could change multiple times between the two, with a final encounter at next year's Mania.

The only way I could see Punk taking the streak moves wise to make it realistic Taker would be done would have to be a GTS from the top rope or something stupid like that, or, locks in the GTS and Taker simply passes out. Shows that Taker would never give up on the streak by giving up and shows just what Punk had to do to win.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2