The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ongoing NFL discussion thread part 2

+18
Thomond
Lowlandbrit
crazy_dave23
sodhat
Bull
Number-25
mikeygnfl
Derbyblue
Good Golly I'm Olly
Take it to the house
twelve283
Pr4wn
Colan (niner)
CFCNick
cherriesfna
BamBam
NYJ
GSC
22 posters

Page 20 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Go down

Ongoing NFL discussion thread part 2 - Page 20 Empty Ongoing NFL discussion thread part 2

Post by GSC Thu 7 Mar - 17:02

First topic message reminder :

Since threads seem to go to 1000 posts

Free Agency:
Mike Wallace, Daniel Ellerbe to Miami
Martellus Bennett to Chicago
Paul Kruger to Cleveland
Greg Toler + 3 head to Colts
Andy Levitre to Tennessee

Last edited by GSC on Tue 12 Mar - 22:20; edited 2 times in total
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Ongoing NFL discussion thread part 2 - Page 20 Empty Re: Ongoing NFL discussion thread part 2

Post by GSC Tue 2 Apr - 22:52

Good luck, he can't tackle for crap and he can't play zone.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Ongoing NFL discussion thread part 2 - Page 20 Empty Re: Ongoing NFL discussion thread part 2

Post by Colan (niner) Tue 2 Apr - 22:57

GSC wrote:Whitner isn't particularly good anyway? He was always a hitter. Rogers could cover but had crap hands.

You'd figure more NFL teams would be in on such a fantastic risk free contract then. Not even Rob Ryan was that desperate. DRC had an attitude problem, Nnamdi's was physical. One is fixable.

Whitner has actually done very well, I know he looked poor at times in post season but he is solid. Rogers is a playmaker now so no idea why he had stone hands before. The whole point with Nnamdi is that he wanted to go to a contender so that means most teams were out the picture anyway. And the 49ers can offer him a straight forward scheme like he thrived in with the Raiders, not many teams have the personnel to offer that. Even if he has lost a step, he isn't done, if he is cut then we know there are issues but if he is on the roster and playing early in season, that point becomes void, a defense like ours wouldn't add a guy like that for no reason, especially with all the draft picks and the fact the cb group really isn't all that bad if you take out the SB

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Tue 2 Apr - 22:58

Wink I'm usually right with these predictions on player performance so I' have confidence I will be right. Don't think you have same success rate but I'll eat crow if he is cut

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 2 Apr - 23:02

606v2 was created in 2011, roughly around the time the 49ers picked themselves up off the floor so yeah, in that period predicting every player they pick up would have a career revolution would be right more times than not.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Tue 2 Apr - 23:04

Eagles will rise again soon and flatter to deceive. Nah but they will be back and I'm sure you won't hate their ex players as much.

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 2 Apr - 23:05

I don't tbh. I like DRC. I even like Cullen Jenkins even though hes a Giant. Nnamdi is just done.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Tue 2 Apr - 23:11

We will revisit this if he is on roster at start of the season.....

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Wed 3 Apr - 15:02

Impressed we managed to get anything for Colt McCoy even if it isn't much but better than nothing, yet another great return for a 3rd round pick. As long as James Harrison doesn't sign with in the NFC West he should be fine as a back up in SF.

Olly wrote:
Colan (niner) wrote:Trust any decision Harbaugh makes on a QB.

It's Colt McCoy. He's crap.
Fairly certain you were complementing him before last season as he had wins over Pats and Saints.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Wed 3 Apr - 15:25

Nmandi is average like the rest of the niners secondary, most overrated overhyped group in the league, the front 7 forces mistakes and the secondary lives off the front 7s work, and when the front 7 ain't doing good, well you've all seen the evidence
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Wed 3 Apr - 16:31

cherriesfna wrote:Nmandi is average like the rest of the niners secondary, most overrated overhyped group in the league, the front 7 forces mistakes and the secondary lives off the front 7s work, and when the front 7 ain't doing good, well you've all seen the evidence

Is that not the case for most NFL teams in a passing league though?

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 3 Apr - 20:48

Daryl Washington suspended for the first 4 games of the NFL season
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 3 Apr - 20:49

Derbyblue wrote:
Olly wrote:

Fairly certain you were complementing him before last season as he had wins over Pats and Saints.

I'm fairly sure it would have been in jest!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Fri 5 Apr - 12:34

Hope you all took the small amount of time to do my survey? If not can you please do it? http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/BBQP7Z7

To make this post slightly NFL related Star Lotulelei has passed numerous tests on his heart including two cardiac MRI's, how far he drops though will be down to what the individual team doctors say, still could go top 5 if a medical team gives him the all clear but equally could drop due to the health scare. http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/blog/rob-rang/22008890/nfl-draft-lotulelei-passed-gold-standard-of-heart-tests

Olly wrote:
Derbyblue wrote:
Olly wrote:

I'm fairly sure it would have been in jest!
Far too hard to tell over the internet, still think he didn't get a fair shot at the starting job in Cleveland but not exactly sad to see him go as he likely wouldn't have fit in the new scheme. Think if given the chance he could prove himself a good dual threat back up had 1,500+ yards and 20 TDs at Texas but only ran 90 times in Cleveland though obviously the concussions may put teams off running him too many times.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Fri 5 Apr - 12:51

Done the survey Derby OK

Are you training in accountancy then?

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Fri 5 Apr - 13:16

sodhat wrote:Done the survey Derby OK

Are you training in accountancy then?
Cheers, currently studying it at uni.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Fri 5 Apr - 13:21

Anthony Davis signed 5 year extension! One of if not the best RT in the NFL last two seasons and considering he was youngest drafted player since Okoye, and he is only 23, he will improve even more. Only 17m guaranteed too which is fine for an elite RT who I think will move to LT one day.

Iupati and Crabtree to get sorted out before the season too I hope, maye restructure Justin Smith's contract and add a year. And then Kap, Aldon Smith and Brown will be only priorities this time next season.

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 5 Apr - 23:46

McClain released by oakland

By next offseason the raiders will have $69 million of salary cap space to play around with

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Sat 6 Apr - 11:24

gazzyD wrote:McClain released by oakland

By next offseason the raiders will have $69 million of salary cap space to play around with

Yeah but do they have any players left for this year

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 6 Apr - 13:10

Nope

But still can't be as bad as last year

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 6 Apr - 14:33

45m of the Raiders cap is invested in players not on the roster
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 7 Apr - 11:43

True, but unfortunately we have to get rid of the crap before we can look at rebuilding. Get this year out of the way and we will be heading into the off season healthily for the first time since I can remember

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Sun 7 Apr - 18:01

gazzyD wrote:True, but unfortunately we have to get rid of the crap before we can look at rebuilding. Get this year out of the way and we will be heading into the off season healthily for the first time since I can remember

Hopefully you don't ruin it with poor picks in the draft, or any stupid trades. Hopefully your front office and everybody expect a poor season so you don't sack everybody.

Is anybody else nervous about what their team do in the draft?

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sun 7 Apr - 18:37

Yep, could go a lot of different ways, Dominik's drafting has been mixed. Last year he had two homerun picks (Martin and David), another solid pick in Barron (he had a good start, terrible middle, but a decent end) but nothing else after that. His other picks have been mixed, lot of wasted 2nd and 3rd round picks, his job may be on the line so he needs a good draft, lot depends on getting Revis or not, and what picks they have after that.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Sun 7 Apr - 20:32

"Okoye measured in at 6-foot-5 3/8 and 304 pounds, and he ran his two 40-yard dashes in 4.88 and 4.78 seconds. That kind of size and speed combination is highly unusual: At the Indianapolis Scouting Combine, only five defensive linemen ran faster than Okoye, and none of those five weighed more than 277 pounds." Considering the complete lack of experience it's hard to see him being drafted but a team may feel he's worth a 7th rounder to see what he's got. Another issue is he has said he would hope his NFL team would allow him to continue competing in the discuss though he did say he would focus on the NFL before going back to competing.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 7 Apr - 20:36

I can very well see a team using a 7th on him, top measurables, a project.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 8 Apr - 21:08

https://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=NJoyqdouNxg&feature=endscreen&buffer_share=569c0&utm_source=buffer

That is some serious punting #puntersarepeopletoo
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 9 Apr - 13:51

The Raiders have signed Mike Jenkins, famous for:

Ongoing NFL discussion thread part 2 - Page 20 Cowboys-DB-Mike-Jenkins-Embarrassing-Season-Summed-Up-In-46-Seconds
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Wed 10 Apr - 6:59

Eric Wright has restructured his contract to stay a buc.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Wed 10 Apr - 11:46

The "Love Boat" has set sail once again...
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000158650/article/vikings-love-boat-makes-debut-on-iowa-great-lakes

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Wed 10 Apr - 12:20

GSC wrote:The Raiders have signed Mike Jenkins, famous for:

Ongoing NFL discussion thread part 2 - Page 20 Cowboys-DB-Mike-Jenkins-Embarrassing-Season-Summed-Up-In-46-Seconds

He's still a better option than what we had.

Usama Young has been added at safety and we've re-signed Joselio Hanson too, so we're getting bodies in back there.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 10 Apr - 14:29

Patriots have submitted an offer sheet on Emmanuel Sanders. 1 year deal, will cost a 3rd.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 10 Apr - 16:16

In more Patriots WR news, they resigned Edelman
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Wed 10 Apr - 20:10

GSC wrote:Patriots have submitted an offer sheet on Emmanuel Sanders. 1 year deal, will cost a 3rd.

That would use up yet another of their picks... in fact NFL.com seemed to be infering they don't have a 3rd round pick to actually deal with, but I think they do

Is it just me, or have New England become a bit more lapse with draft picks recently. They used to just stockpile, but this year there down a bunch because they traded for Talib, Haynesworh (!!!) and OchoCinco Johnson (!!!)

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Wed 10 Apr - 20:14

I've been looking at this NFL.com series every so often and the San Diego Chargers Best/Worst draft picks of all time really made me chuckle...

I know it gets old but... Ryan Leaf...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000158860/article/san-diego-chargers-best-and-worst-draft-picks

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 10 Apr - 20:54

If we sign Sanders, we're trading out of the 1st round
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Wed 10 Apr - 21:39

crazy_dave23 wrote:
GSC wrote:Patriots have submitted an offer sheet on Emmanuel Sanders. 1 year deal, will cost a 3rd.

That would use up yet another of their picks... in fact NFL.com seemed to be infering they don't have a 3rd round pick to actually deal with, but I think they do

Is it just me, or have New England become a bit more lapse with draft picks recently. They used to just stockpile, but this year there down a bunch because they traded for Talib, Haynesworh (!!!) and OchoCinco Johnson (!!!)
If that gets accepted they'll be down to just 4 picks 1st, 2nd and 2 7th rounders, even if it doesn't go through think they could do with trading out of round 1.

Surprised nobody has linked to the latest quotes from Richard Sherman: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/10/richard-sherman-half-the-nfl-takes-adderall/ I'll be amazed if half the league is taking it and they aren't catching them.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 10 Apr - 22:56

Seahawks set to sign Antoine Winfield.

So the 49ers get Asomugha and the Seahawks get Winfield. Close one Wink
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Thu 11 Apr - 9:33

crazy_dave23 wrote:I've been looking at this NFL.com series every so often and the San Diego Chargers Best/Worst draft picks of all time really made me chuckle...

I know it gets old but... Ryan Leaf...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000158860/article/san-diego-chargers-best-and-worst-draft-picks

Ha that's brilliant

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Thu 11 Apr - 9:37

Actually, looking at that 1998 NFL draft, are the top 10 picks one of the least successful classes of all time...?

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Thu 11 Apr - 11:28

bluestonevedder wrote:Actually, looking at that 1998 NFL draft, are the top 10 picks one of the least successful classes of all time...?

Well there's Manning, Charles Woodson and Fred Taylor and thats about all... Leaf makes it so much worse.

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Thu 11 Apr - 11:34

It's only really Ryan Leaf that stops JaMarcus Russell being the biggest bust of all time...

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by TM Moot Thu 11 Apr - 11:56

sodhat wrote:It's only really Ryan Leaf that stops JaMarcus Russell being the biggest bust of all time...

and instead of JaMarcus Russell (1) you could of had Calvin Johnson (2), Adrain Petersen (7) or Darielle Revis (14) instead... Shocked

TM Moot

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Thu 11 Apr - 12:41

Yeh, it's only really those 3 that have made it to be honest. Wandsworth was unlucky with injuries, but put up some decent numbers in limited appearances, Curtis Ennis did nothing, Wistrom had 1 or 2 great seasons, and Turley had a few issues, then tried returning as a TE.

Not the best.

I agree that if Leaf weren't there, Russel would be the greatest bust of all time! But, is there time for him to turn it around now? Hmmm......

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Thu 11 Apr - 15:01

Colan (niner) wrote:Got same response when we signed Rogers, Whitner and Goodwin really and look how that turned out. Obviously you are bias but most fans of other teams would, if honest, be happy to take on Nnamdi on such a risk free contract. I said at the start of this offseason that DRC and Asomugha will be pro bowlers this year and that is before the 49ers were linked. I stand by that and think good coaching and being where he wants to be will show the mess he has been in the last few years is over

Sorry, realise this is a week old but have been busy of late and am just catching up. There was no problem with Carlos Rogers' play in Washington with the exception of his stone hands. He could cover and was still playing well enough in his last season with us. He just grew tired of losing and we grew tired of his sulking and didn't want to pay him the money it would have taken to keep him. He shouldn't be claimed as some sort of 49ers restoration job though cos there was nothing wrong with the way he was playing in Washington.

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 11 Apr - 15:10

At least Russell's nearest competition was Brady Quinn. the Chargers put Leaf on the same level as Peyton
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 11 Apr - 15:10

Eagles traded Dion Lewis to Cleveland for Emmanuel Acho. Decent backup Lewis, just not as good as Brown.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Thu 11 Apr - 15:14

Sherman definitely DIDN'T say half the NFL was is/was on Adderall... if by DIDN't you mean, he DID but he decided he was MISQUOTED.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000159155/article/richard-sherman-i-was-misquoted-on-nfl-adderall-use

Also Dennard goes to jail, confirming his slide to round 7 from last year, though he won't miss games an therefore seems quite a bargain risk for old Bill Patriot...
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000159160/article/alfonzo-dennard-sentenced-to-jail-time-probation

and in other jail related news...
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000159169/article/daquan-bowers-wont-face-felony-charge-for-having-gun-in-airport

Bowers becomes yet another sports person to dodge conviction probably because he's a sportsperson... If you take a gun into an airport (loaded) you should get more than a $250 fine!

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 11 Apr - 15:17

Someone, I suspect if I brought a gun into an American airport, I'd be in Guantanamo Bay
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Thu 11 Apr - 18:29

Number-25 wrote:
Colan (niner) wrote:Got same response when we signed Rogers, Whitner and Goodwin really and look how that turned out. Obviously you are bias but most fans of other teams would, if honest, be happy to take on Nnamdi on such a risk free contract. I said at the start of this offseason that DRC and Asomugha will be pro bowlers this year and that is before the 49ers were linked. I stand by that and think good coaching and being where he wants to be will show the mess he has been in the last few years is over

Sorry, realise this is a week old but have been busy of late and am just catching up. There was no problem with Carlos Rogers' play in Washington with the exception of his stone hands. He could cover and was still playing well enough in his last season with us. He just grew tired of losing and we grew tired of his sulking and didn't want to pay him the money it would have taken to keep him. He shouldn't be claimed as some sort of 49ers restoration job though cos there was nothing wrong with the way he was playing in Washington.

I remember looking on Redskins forums at the time and fans were partying when he left. That is why I was a bit worried about signing him

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Thu 11 Apr - 20:25

Saints have signed Jason Smith, the human turnstile.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next