The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scotland's permanent coach

+35
George Carlin
Imperialbigdave
EWT Spoons
shaun.mahon.9
Shifty
EST
cakeordeath
aitchw
DrTreasure
Taylorman
alive555
GLove39
RDW
Scrumdown
Biltong
flyhalffactory
Pat_Mustard
reallybored
marty2086
beshocked
RuggerRadge2611
Manky-Flanker
tigertattie
bsando
Poorfour
Tattie Scones RRN
Solid8
funnyExiledScot
IanBru
TJ1
Cryptoyourisan
21st Century Schizoid Man
RubyGuby
NeilyBroon
39 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Scotland's permanent coach - Page 4 Empty Scotland's permanent coach

Post by 123456789 Wed 13 Mar 2013, 6:49 pm

First topic message reminder :

Scott Johnson has produced an interesting set of results and has the player's backing and I reckon that if Scotland win on Saturday the SRU will sign him up forever but is this the right decision?
I personally think that wins over a very poor Italy side and an injury ravaged Ireland team have papered over a few cracks, in fact I believe this team should be beating a second class Ireland team by more than four points on the other hand the same Italy side only lost by seven to England and the Ireland team drew with France. I do not doubt that it has been an improvement and we have clearly missed a true open side, despite this I think Johnson should be kept as backs coach and if possible Ryan as forwards coach but I'd like somebody new to oversee things.

However finding somebody to coach the team may be difficult, there are very few candidates, Robbie Deans may be available if the Lions win in the summer, Gregor Townsend will be mentioned if Glasgow win but I think he should be allowed to keep control of Glasgow for five years and try to push towards Heineken cup progress before he can be linked with Scotland aside from that there are very few candidates.

Back to top Go down

Scotland's permanent coach - Page 4 Empty Re: Scotland's permanent coach

Post by SecretFly Wed 20 Mar 2013, 9:28 pm

Imperialbigdave wrote:

Youre putting words into my mouth, I never said he apologised and I didnt expect him to, I said he denied it happened. And when one of our players is being accused of attempted murder, it was a long time. He wasnt unconcious for a whole year.

AGAIN though, its not the point.

He wasn't the one who needed to tell a truth, or retell a lie, or admit to a truth, or say sorry for not saying so earlier. He wasn't the one of the many players in that pile who needed to do anything, Imperial, either then or a year in advance, as he was the player in most danger and the one who was unconscious in the middle of it.

Where were the other players? Scottish and Irish? Where were they? They were all conscious as it happened. Did any of them do any talking, considering they were the bulk on top of him that could quite easily have killed him. He was the one in most trouble that day, not Hines for being wrongfully accused of willfully endangering his life.

The point is your argument is for O'Sullivan who wasn't in the centre of it and who still assumed he knew what went on.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Solid8 Tue 26 Mar 2013, 1:09 am

Thought that I would be better off resurrecting this than starting another new thread. It would appear that the SRU are actually doing something right:

http://www.espnscrum.com/scotland/rugby/story/179382.html

While we appear to be a long way off actually having confirmation of the new national coach, they are warding potential suitors away from Johnson who it appears will take the national team to SA in the summer, which I was unaware of.

Solid8

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue 26 Mar 2013, 5:46 am

Solid - SJ was always appointed manager for the 6N and the summer tour - something I didn't realise myself until someone told me in February.

As you say, at least the SRU have the stones to tell everyone else to get lost until they've made their mind up. It does seem to point towards the fact that they want to keep SJ as attack coach but bring in a more experienced head coach.

July should be exciting. New kits for all teams, two wins against Samoa and those powderpuff Bokke laydeeboys and Glasgow's Rabo league victory will have started to sink in by then. OK
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NeilyBroon Tue 26 Mar 2013, 5:04 pm

it'll be interesting to see if this McKenzie rumour is true. Personally I'd like a bit more of a mixed coaching team rather than just aussies, although I guess it may work well. Not heard much about him as a coach otherwise though, any ideas?

I think Dean Richards would be a good coach, although I'm not sure if he'd want such a high profile job after his fairly recent experiences.

Either that or we take on a Scot, but I dunno any who are available/appropriate right now!

Either way, looking forward to seeing how we get on this summer and what the following months bring!

NeilyBroon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4