The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

England focus on the NZ in preparation for Wales....!

+24
Taylorman
lauriehow
robbo277
Cyril
kiakahaaotearoa
dragonbreath
gregortree
englandglory4ever
beshocked
thomh
Poorfour
nathan
Biltong
lostinwales
Hood83
fa0019
rainbow-warrior
Taffineastbourne
Casartelli
damage_13
AlastairW
RubyGuby
Geordie
maestegmafia
28 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

England focus on the NZ in preparation for Wales....! - Page 2 Empty England focus on the NZ in preparation for Wales....!

Post by maestegmafia Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:45 am

First topic message reminder :

An insight into England preparation for thei Grand Slam finale in Cardiff.

By Robert Kitson for The Guardian

It may sound bizarre in the final week of a Six Nations campaign but England have been talking more about New Zealand than Wales this week. The thinking in the visitors' camp is simple: if England play the way they did against the All Blacks in December they will be almost guaranteed a grand slam. Spend too much time worrying about Wales's strengths and the psychology becomes very different.

Hence the positive noises emerging from Bagshot before England's players departed for Cardiff, several of them driving their own cars rather than catching the team bus. The English management reckon the more composed side under the screeching pressure will emerge on top and Stuart Lancaster, the head coach, opted for a deliberately soothing tone after confirming his starting XV. "This week is more about relaxing everyone, rather than ramping them up," he stressed, fully aware that a packed Millennium Stadium and a tantalising title decider will be motivation enough.

For the full article link below

http://m.guardian.co.uk/sport/2013/mar/14/england-wales-six-nations

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

England focus on the NZ in preparation for Wales....! - Page 2 Empty Re: England focus on the NZ in preparation for Wales....!

Post by englandglory4ever Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:31 am

"PS...i wish we'd resign the NZ game to the history books. Yes it was a great notch on the board...but its gone...move on and focus on erm...Wales"

NO. England played a near perfect game that day with MIND and BODY. If you watch it you will see the almost serene composure of all the players particularly Farrell. He just carried a serious workmanlike face all game. Compare that with the French game where he appeared to get over-excited and almost lost it on one or two occasions. No England need to get back to those ways if they are to have any chance. The Welsh will be trying every trick in the book to unsettle them both on and off the pitch before the game.

englandglory4ever

Back to top Go down

England focus on the NZ in preparation for Wales....! - Page 2 Empty Re: England focus on the NZ in preparation for Wales....!

Post by beshocked Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:34 am

englandglory4ever as I said - the game vs Scotland too. Farrell had a really strong game vs them. I think it's because the forwards gave him a really great platform.

Against the French, the pack struggled which meant it was harder for Farrell - consequently his game suffered.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:35 am

Will Wales use the same catering company the ABs used in November ?
And remember that was before the donkeyburgers were outed.

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:38 am

gregortree wrote:Will Wales use the same catering company the ABs used in November ?
And remember that was before the donkeyburgers were outed.

Do people still believe thats the reason they lost? If NZ were still suffering they wouldn't of magically found energy just after the first half to put a couple of scores on the board.

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by thomh Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:39 am

...and dominated the last 5-10 minutes.

thomh

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:40 am

beshocked wrote:englandglory4ever as I said - the game vs Scotland too. Farrell had a really strong game vs them. I think it's because the forwards gave him a really great platform.

Against the French, the pack struggled which meant it was harder for Farrell - consequently his game suffered.

The welsh pack came out on top of the french too, they will not make life easy for England.

I agree that it is very much about focussed composure in preparation, referencing past periods of achievement is beneficial but this weekend will be hugely different. Wales are not the All Blacks, they play a different style. To be fair on the day England played the All Blacks even the All Blacks weren't themselves.

If you see your pinnacle performance as the result of your own hard work, and mitigating factors are not calculated into the mix, you might find yourselves under prepared when you focus for the larger prize.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:43 am

maestegmafia wrote:
beshocked wrote:englandglory4ever as I said - the game vs Scotland too. Farrell had a really strong game vs them. I think it's because the forwards gave him a really great platform.

The welsh pack came out on top of the frenchtoo, they will not make life easy for England.

I agree that it is very much about focussed composure in preparation, referencing past periods of achievement is beneficial but this weekend will be hugely different. Wales are not the All Blacks, they play a different style. To be fair on the day England played the All Blacks even the All Blacks weren't themselves.

If you see your pinnacle performance as the result of your own hard work, and mitigating factors are not calculated into the mix, you might find yourselves under prepared when you focus for the larger prize.

It doesnt matter what team you are, if you nail all your basics your likely to beat anyone.

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by englandglory4ever Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:55 am

"It doesnt matter what team you are, if you nail all your basics your likely to beat anyone."

+1 That's why composure and keeping a clear head under pressure is so important in any sport. Its what makes Champions.

englandglory4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Casartelli Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:55 am

You can't generalise, in the modern game, in terms of a 'pack' getting 'on top' of another - it's much more complex than that now.

The Welsh set piece is generally okay, with the inevitable 5mins where both props will get penalised and the lineout will fall apart - the hookers spraying the ball more widely than a JD2 pass.

It's in contact we struggle. England, France and Ireland have forwards who can keep their legs moving in the tackle and always inch over the gainline. Done time after time this builds massive momentum. In Lydiate's absence we have nobody who can stop this.

At the same time, we have nobody who can do the same for us (Ian Evans tries hardest) - and thus although we are good at retaining the ball, we go through numerous phases, gaining no ground until someone hoofs it. This is frustrating as, for example, Faletau and Warburton, are good ball carriers when they run at space rather than opponents.

Casartelli

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:59 am

Casartelli wrote:You can't generalise, in the modern game, in terms of a 'pack' getting 'on top' of another - it's much more complex than that now.

The Welsh set piece is generally okay, with the inevitable 5mins where both props will get penalised and the lineout will fall apart - the hookers spraying the ball more widely than a JD2 pass.

It's in contact we struggle. England, France and Ireland have forwards who can keep their legs moving in the tackle and always inch over the gainline. Done time after time this builds massive momentum. In Lydiate's absence we have nobody who can stop this.

At the same time, we have nobody who can do the same for us (Ian Evans tries hardest) - and thus although we are good at retaining the ball, we go through numerous phases, gaining no ground until someone hoofs it. This is frustrating as, for example, Faletau and Warburton, are good ball carriers when they run at space rather than opponents.

This is something i think T. Youngs is excellent at.

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:07 am

nathan wrote:
Casartelli wrote:You can't generalise, in the modern game, in terms of a 'pack' getting 'on top' of another - it's much more complex than that now.

Casartelli must have missed the games last week. AWJ, Evans, Hibbard all carrying very well through the tuck making massive yards, the welsh pack were superb at stopping Scotland with low and decisive tackling.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:08 am

I thought Joubert was stopping Scotland, and everyone else too.

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:12 am

gregortree wrote:I thought Joubert was stopping Scotland, and everyone else too.
He is trying to change Union into League. Laugh
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:13 am

maestegmafia wrote:
nathan wrote:

Casartelli must have missed the games last week. AWJ, Evans, Hibbard all carrying very well through the tuck making massive yards, the welsh pack were superb at stopping Scotland with low and decisive tackling.

Wouldn't really say massive yards, especially with Evans;

AWJ: 12 Meters
Evans: 3 Meters
Hibbard: 13 Meters

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Casartelli Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:13 am

maestegmafia wrote:
nathan wrote:

Stop being sarky and put your reading glasses on old chap.

My nan could have stopped that exhausted looking Scotland team with low and decisive tackling. I SPECIFICALLY stated England, France and Ireland - you even highlighted it.

Stop trying to WUM or I'll report you. (Not to the mods - to Cardiff City Council for spraypainting that underpass). I've saved the link.

Casartelli

Back to top Go down

Post by Casartelli Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:16 am

"Wouldn't really say massive yards, especially with Evans;

AWJ: 12 Meters
Evans: 3 Meters
Hibbard: 13 Meters"

In fairness, we can all get confused by the difference between yards and metres.

Casartelli

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:19 am

nathan wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:

The welsh pack came out on top of the frenchtoo, they will not make life easy for England.

It doesnt matter what team you are, if you nail all your basics your likely to beat anyone.

Very true. That's what England did vs NZ and Scotland. Nothing particularly fancy but very effective.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:59 am

Casartelli wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:
nathan wrote:

Stop being sarky and put your reading glasses on old chap.

My nan could have stopped that exhausted looking Scotland team with low and decisive tackling. I SPECIFICALLY stated England, France and Ireland - you even highlighted it.

Stop trying to WUM or I'll report you. (Not to the mods - to Cardiff City Council for spraypainting that underpass). I've saved the link.

Reading 90% of your posts I would honestly think you were not a Welshman or a fan of our team.

What do you mean by Sarky?

Sarcastic? I am not being sarcastic. How on earth can you convey sarcasm through text without making it bluntly obvious, or do you guys have little picture things that mean you are being sarcastic. By the way I didn't highlight anything, Nathan highlighted, it was repeated by Quoting...!

I was referring to hard yards through the middle, did you honestly expect those to be in the high teens or twenties...?

Through the middle works well, Italy exploited england there and we did the same to the Scots. The fringes are too well marked.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:17 am

boxing oh dear, no need to fight boys

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by Casartelli Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:31 am

gregortree wrote: boxing oh dear, no need to fight boys

Yeah, nice one Maes. If the English press get hold of this they'll have a field day.

Let's get back on message. Lift the mood music a tad. Sing from the same hymn sheet and stop making claims that leave us seriously exposed by anyone with access to Ian Evans's Accenture match stats.

Very Happy

Casartelli

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:33 am

gregortree wrote: boxing oh dear, no need to fight boys

You are right, no need at all.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonbreath Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:42 am

AlastairW wrote:
GeordieFalcon wrote:
This week is more about relaxing everyone, rather than ramping them up

All very well in the build up...but when they walk on to that pitch i want them coming out like rampaging Rhinos....

PS...i wish we'd resign the NZ game to the history books. Yes it was a great notch on the board...but its gone...move on and focus on erm...Wales Erm

S'ok apparently North wants a 'bloodbath':

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/21795152

F'ck it. Let's just arm everyone do away with the ball. Rolling Eyes - North's bloodbath comments put Ashton's 'I want to hurt people' comment to shame in terms of thuggery. I'm sure he will be defended to the hilt with the Welshers though.

With attitudes and comments like this from sports 'role models' i'm sure it won't be too long until Rugby is ruined by wendyball tribal violence.

Did Ashton really say that, that is hillarious

dragonbreath

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:47 am

All I'll say is that if Wales have the novo virus on the weekend SL should be more subtle about his tactics. Whistle

I see his comments as a sign of respect for Wales. Effectively he's saying that England will have to be on top of their game to get a result. Wales have an excellent scrum and good defence. In their big wingers they have an attacking threat and on halfpenny they have a reliable goal kicker who will punish poor English discipline. So I see his comments as a means of preparing them for a big game and putting the players in the frame of mind for the nz game is an astute move.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:12 am

kiakahaaotearoa wrote:All I'll say is that if Wales have the novo virus on the weekend SL should be more subtle about his tactics. Whistle

I see his comments as a sign of respect for Wales. Effectively he's saying that England will have to be on top of their game to get a result. Wales have an excellent scrum and good defence. In their big wingers they have an attacking threat and on halfpenny they have a reliable goal kicker who will punish poor English discipline. So I see his comments as a means of preparing them for a big game and putting the players in the frame of mind for the nz game is an astute move.

Very astute. As has been pointed out elsewhere, the win over the ABs is the biggest achievement of this group of England players. It has to be the rallying call for them.

Though as you say, other factors were possibly at play.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:15 am

It's not really about NZ or Wales.

It's about how England executed their play, had very few mistakes and punished the opposition without mercy. It just so happened England did that against NZ.

It's just about replicating that spirit and performance.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:16 am

That was tongue in cheek. We lost and there are never any excuses.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:18 am

kiakahaaotearoa wrote:That was tongue in cheek. We lost and there are never any excuses.
Was that a reply to me? I didn't say you were making excuses.

I just think that (as usual) the focus by the media has shifted the comments and it should be all about replicating the composure, performance and attitude.

It's not about comparing NZ and Wales. There is no comparison really.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by robbo277 Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:26 am

England went up against a McCaw led New Zealand without "an out-and-out seven" and won. This week England will be up against a Wales back row boasting two "out-and-out sevens" to England's three blindsides. England will need to play the same kind of strategy to beat Wales.

The keys for England are:

Get a good clear out on your own ball. England have a very mobile back row and they'll need to clear out Warburton and Tipuric early to secure their own possession.

Do not compete for opposition ball. If you aren't playing with a turnover king, you don't build your gameplan around turning over ball. With referees favouring attacking sides in the majority of situations, it's inviting trouble to try and turn over every ball. If you're first there have a go, if not just leave it.

However, if you're not putting pressure on the ball at ruck time, you have to pressurise it elsewhere. For England, it's the line-speed and making tackles behind the gain line that creates defensive pressure.

A lot has been made of England's high number of missed tackles, but as Farrell (Sr) said earlier in the week, a player can miss a tackle, but if a team mate makes the tackle half a second later then there has been no detrimental effect to the team. England's high speed press makes it harder for an initial tackler, but as long as the England defence works for each other then there is less of an issue.

If England can stick to the core principles that gave New Zealand trouble then they can give Wales the same troubles. It's highly likely that Warburton and Tipuric will win a few turnovers with their breakdown prowess, but England will look to win turnovers by forcing mistakes or loose kicks with their line-speed and accuracy in defence. But it requires the whole team to work hard and work together to the plan, as they did against New Zealand. If they do, they can neutralise Wales without worrying about particular threats.

robbo277

https://twitter.com/#!/robbo277

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:27 am

No mate to maes. On my phone so couldn't be bothered changing the post.

I agree with your view. SL knows he will need a good performance to win against a side that has climbed out of the abyss and has momentum and confidence similar to England and have home advantage.

Nz started England's current winning streak and was their most complete performance. A grand slam is akin to facing the all blacks and so the comparison is apt but like you say the manner of the victory is what's relevant rather than the opponents.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:35 am

Agreed kia.

It's about England performing to that level again and taking any kind of Welsh performance out of the equation.

They won't be able to live with us if we play near to that level.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:40 am

They won't be able to live with us if we play near to that level. Yahoo I do admire you Cyril, honest thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:42 am

Ruby, you're truly getting boring now. We're discussing sensibly. Just feck off with your emoticons.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:44 am

Trust me Cyril, we will be able to live with you, in fact I think we might have beaten you on the last 2 occasions home and away, now that's living alright thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:47 am

It's a sign of a side with confidence and belief. You can pay lip service to your opponents but you can only worry about your own performance because that's all you can control. Once you start focusing on what the opposition can do to you you're conceding that you have concerns. If you say if we play well we win it sends a powerful message to your opponents. NZ uses that tactic a lot to psych out their opponents before the match has even started.

Wales know they can beat England so its effect is lessened but it does remind them of what they can be up against. Some coaches are masters of per match talk. SL seems to me quite clued up as to knowing when to talk up your opponent and when to talk up your own team.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by lauriehow Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:00 am

Ruby .....£5.60 to cross the Severn bridge! That was a few years ago, it's £6.20 now. The WUMs on G North are pathetic - look at what he said, and you will see he was saying that it was not hate but admiration and recognition of how good England are that drives the Welsh fans to spur the team on. And in my view it is the simple fact that unless we do play and/or beat England, we just are not mentioned in the papers. Last Saturday's Times i recall having two pages on the Sunday game v Italy and a tiny para on Wales v Scotland. We are a minnow next to a whale and we want at least our rugby team to be recognized as a force.

lauriehow

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:26 am

lauriehow wrote:Ruby .....£5.60 to cross the Severn bridge! That was a few years ago, it's £6.20 now. The WUMs on G North are pathetic - look at what he said, and you will see he was saying that it was not hate but admiration and recognition of how good England are that drives the Welsh fans to spur the team on. And in my view it is the simple fact that unless we do play and/or beat England, we just are not mentioned in the papers. Last Saturday's Times i recall having two pages on the Sunday game v Italy and a tiny para on Wales v Scotland. We are a minnow next to a whale and we want at least our rugby team to be recognized as a force.

Well I've known that for over 40 years - what's your point thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:22 pm

I think using the NZ game as a motivation is foolish. Firstly, it sets them in a frame of mind that they will win, and convincingly. They might think its about setting the same standards of performance and preparation but in the end the win and win well win be key in their minds, not the preparation, and thats when things can go pear shaped onfield.

Fact is England have won, but slipped well below their AB performance in the 6N. Pretty sure the ABs would have played the same matches better than England did, certainly would have scored more tries.

Englands motivation shouldnt be about performance, it should be about winning, getting over the line any way they can. And building a mental picture of a perfect performance in their minds is recipe for disaster, as you can be sure winning against NZ, rather than a perfect performance would have been the plan before the NZ game.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by lauriehow Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:23 pm

"Yes, it really was a remarkable performance. What was also apparent was that unusually the kiwis fell off tackles, dropped balls, missed kicks and struggled at the set piece."

Yes - Kiwis were knackered and weak through the runs etc,ready to go home.
Can't wait to see their revenge - next Autumn?

lauriehow

Back to top Go down

Post by lauriehow Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:27 pm

"Well I've known that for over 40 years" - my point Ruby is that you appear not to have been to Wales by car for over 40 years. No point in quoting an exact figure such as £5.60 unless you get it right, as it looks silly to those who know the truth, and thus devalues anything else you may say.

lauriehow

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-warrior Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:17 pm

Cyril on 606v2 wrote:Agreed kia.

It's about England performing to that level again and taking any kind of Welsh performance out of the equation.

They won't be able to live with us if we play near to that level.

Hahahaha Hohohohohoho and if Wales find their magic they will stuff your lot up easier than it is going to be at the moment good boy.

6 Nation chokers and 5 Nation chokers too, the same as NZ used to be in the World Cup (still could be never won it on the road Smile ) Cyril remember England spout off all the time but you have never been a threat to Wales Smile
rainbow-warrior
rainbow-warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:40 pm

England have only been out muscled by two teams in two seasons so far. One a crazed hyped Australia side that pretty much ignored all of their old attacking style to brutalise us as much as possible, and it worked.

Two South Africa, which isn't much of a shock as they always, every year out muscle us. Wales aint South Africa, obviously they'll be tough and I don't expect them to wilt ala Ireland last yar, but I don't think they'll dominate us in anyway.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-warrior Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:08 pm

yappysnap wrote:England have only been out muscled by two teams in two seasons so far. One a crazed hyped Australia side that pretty much ignored all of their old attacking style to brutalise us as much as possible, and it worked.

Two South Africa, which isn't much of a shock as they always, every year out muscle us. Wales aint South Africa, obviously they'll be tough and I don't expect them to wilt ala Ireland last yar, but I don't think they'll dominate us in anyway.

We will just like last season IN England. No worries here, the Welsh lads are relaxed and will fire up for the game. Seems to be our opposition that is bricking it now and rightly so.
rainbow-warrior
rainbow-warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:11 pm

Taylorman wrote:I think using the NZ game as a motivation is foolish. Firstly, it sets them in a frame of mind that they will win, and convincingly. They might think its about setting the same standards of performance and preparation but in the end the win and win well win be key in their minds, not the preparation, and thats when things can go pear shaped onfield.

Fact is England have won, but slipped well below their AB performance in the 6N. Pretty sure the ABs would have played the same matches better than England did, certainly would have scored more tries.

Englands motivation shouldnt be about performance, it should be about winning, getting over the line any way they can. And building a mental picture of a perfect performance in their minds is recipe for disaster, as you can be sure winning against NZ, rather than a perfect performance would have been the plan before the NZ game.

It was said after England beat NZ that if they could do what the ABs did, to the other home nations last autumn, in this six nations then that victory would be ratified as not a fluke due to exceptional circumstances.

So far England have not proved as good as the ABs, struggling to beat Ireland, France and Italy.

There is a lot more to this game than just a one off test, an elusive Grand Slam is at stake, a first win over Wales in 18 months, a triple crown and beating that final hurdle that has so many times eluded England.

England are a good side, they will deserve their expected victory. But Wales will be wanting to do something they haven't done since 1979, retain the championship.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:13 pm

The spouting off has been all one way all this week...
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by lauriehow Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:13 pm

Wales have simply out-muscled France, Italy and Scotland, forcing their way up the pitch, playing the opponent's end, and defending really well when they had to. Shipping no tries in 3 away games is something special. The whole thing a preparation for the England match tomorrow in my estimation. So they are now as battle-hardened and determined as I have ever seen them. It's not pretty though.

lauriehow

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:16 pm

lauriehow wrote:Wales have simply out-muscled France, Italy and Scotland, forcing their way up the pitch, playing the opponent's end, and defending really well when they had to. Shipping no tries in 3 away games is something special. The whole thing a preparation for the England match tomorrow in my estimation. So they are now as battle-hardened and determined as I have ever seen them. It's not pretty though.

True they haven't conceded any tries, but the opposition attacks weren't really very threatening either.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:19 pm

Biltong wrote:
lauriehow wrote:Wales have simply out-muscled France, Italy and Scotland, forcing their way up the pitch, playing the opponent's end, and defending really well when they had to. Shipping no tries in 3 away games is something special. The whole thing a preparation for the England match tomorrow in my estimation. So they are now as battle-hardened and determined as I have ever seen them. It's not pretty though.

True they haven't conceded any tries, but the opposition attacks weren't really very threatening either.

That's due to a good Welsh defence closing their options Bill.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-warrior Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:23 pm

maestegmafia wrote:
Biltong wrote:

Well said Maes, all well and good criticising Wales for the poor quality of the opposition, which it WAS NOT, Wales defence it outstanding, 3 away victories on the bounce and NO tries conceded excellent.
rainbow-warrior
rainbow-warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:27 pm

rainbow-warrior wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:
Biltong wrote:

Well said Maes, all well and good criticising Wales for the poor quality of the opposition, which it WAS NOT, Wales defence it outstanding, 3 away victories on the bounce and NO tries conceded excellent.

Aye a great deal of credit has to go with that feat though our rivals tomorrow also achieved it last year.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:37 pm

maestegmafia wrote:
Biltong wrote:

yes, of course Maes, but you also need to concede to the fact that the attacks this season has been pretty damned predictable.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next