The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What happens to Lydiate now?!!!!!!!

+9
maestegmafia
bedfordwelsh
irnbrew
gboycottnut
doddieman
Knowsit17
Pyleboy65
Shifty
t1000advancedprototype
13 posters

Go down

Who originates from Krypton?

What happens to Lydiate now?!!!!!!! Vote_lcap17%What happens to Lydiate now?!!!!!!! Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 1 ]
What happens to Lydiate now?!!!!!!! Vote_lcap33%What happens to Lydiate now?!!!!!!! Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 2 ]
What happens to Lydiate now?!!!!!!! Vote_lcap50%What happens to Lydiate now?!!!!!!! Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 6

What happens to Lydiate now?!!!!!!! Empty What happens to Lydiate now?!!!!!!!

Post by t1000advancedprototype Sat 16 Mar 2013, 9:03 pm

Warburton is amazing..
Tipuric isn't human, just a pure freak...

How lucky are we in Wales? What on earth will happen when Lydiate returns?

t1000advancedprototype

Back to top Go down

What happens to Lydiate now?!!!!!!! Empty Re: What happens to Lydiate now?!!!!!!!

Post by Shifty Sat 16 Mar 2013, 9:08 pm

If fit he goes to Japan!

But Ryan Jones, Faletau, Tipuric and Warburton are all strong contenders for Lions spaces. no way is Lydiate going as well.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

What happens to Lydiate now?!!!!!!! Empty Re: What happens to Lydiate now?!!!!!!!

Post by Guest Sat 16 Mar 2013, 10:08 pm

I think it will do him good to go to Japan and not be pushed into a Lions tour after his injury and other ankle problems. Maybe as captain, depending on who we have with the Lions. I don't think he should tour with the Lions, but obviously Gatland knows what he offers already.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyleboy65 Sat 16 Mar 2013, 10:12 pm

He will be on standby for any back row injuries and if called upon will not let anyone down

Pyleboy65

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Sat 16 Mar 2013, 10:34 pm

I'd say count our blessings rather than lament the selection headache when everyone's fit. Back a couple of years we could only have dreamed having this many stand-out performers in the back row. I'd say that's the difference, you wouldn't have seen us retaining the title without the likes of Warbs, Tips, Faletau, Lydiate etc shoring up the breakdown and contact area.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Sat 16 Mar 2013, 10:37 pm

And Ryan Jones obviously, can't exclude his contribution.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by doddieman Sat 16 Mar 2013, 10:43 pm

Good to have selection headaches, finally got some strength in depth. At best we have 5 backrow for 3 spots, 5 second row for 2, 2 hookers,and 5 props for 2 spots none of which I feel would greatly affect the quality of the team.

doddieman

Back to top Go down

Post by gboycottnut Sun 17 Mar 2013, 12:17 am

What about having Lydiate as the number 8 with Faletau moving to the second row to partner Ryan Jones?

gboycottnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Sun 17 Mar 2013, 12:43 am

And where would that leave one of our biggest workhorses (literally and figuratively) in Evans? One of the unsung heroes behind this and last year's title imo, is never going to enjoy the limelight like a back but catches, tackles, carries and rucks, does them all exceptionally well.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by irnbrew Sun 17 Mar 2013, 8:59 am

If Lydiate fit and playing well why would you not take him there is non better 6,s playing .non in Scotland or Ireland or England playing 6.to discard Lydiate on the basis of the game yesterday is madness.After watching the other games i would say there is more reason to take him not less Australian back row will pose a lot more problems than what we have seen in the 6 nations.

irnbrew

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sun 17 Mar 2013, 9:03 am

If fit I would take and make no bones about it he would always be first name on my team sheet but that said also maybe rushing him back might not be good for him.

Let him go to Japan and be on stand by
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun 17 Mar 2013, 9:33 am

Just like everyone else, if you play well you earn your spot. Form comes and goes. I think a few of you mentioned a few months ago that warburton should be know where near that welsh squad, many were annoyed when Howley gave him his chance.

The regions and WRUhave worked tirelessly to improve the strength, depth and ability of our squad. It is definitely starting to pay dividends and show results

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Taffy Sun 17 Mar 2013, 9:35 am

He'll give anyone a run for there money to get his place back. He is quality. Time might not be on his side now though so the best he could hope for is a call up from Japan ala Ryan Jones in 2005...

Cardiff Taffy

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sun 17 Mar 2013, 9:36 am

maes,

I dont think it was a case of not being near the squad more he seemed to be getting picked regardless of his form or Tipurics
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Taffy Sun 17 Mar 2013, 9:36 am

He'll give anyone a run for there money to get his place back. He is quality. Time might not be on his side now though so the best he could hope for is a call up from Japan ala Ryan Jones in 2005...

Cardiff Taffy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Taffy Sun 17 Mar 2013, 9:36 am

Cardiff Taffy

Back to top Go down

Post by Welshmushroom Sun 17 Mar 2013, 12:06 pm

In order to drive standard you need players to push each other. Wales look in good shape in the backrow with Falatau, Warburton, Tipuric, Lydiate & Jones competeting aganst each other.

If we can just fine some strength to cover Tighthead now as I cant see Adam Jones making it to the next world cup. So by my reckoning we need 2 to step up to cover us there.

Welshmushroom

Back to top Go down

Post by Welshmushroom Sun 17 Mar 2013, 12:07 pm

In order to drive standard you need players to push each other. Wales look in good shape in the backrow with Falatau, Warburton, Tipuric, Lydiate & Jones competeting aganst each other.

If we can just fine some strength to cover Tighthead now as I cant see Adam Jones making it to the next world cup. So by my reckoning we need 2 to step up to cover us there.

Welshmushroom

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Taffy Sun 17 Mar 2013, 12:12 pm

Cardiff Taffy wrote:He'll give anyone a run for there money to get his place back. He is quality. Time might not be on his side now though so the best he could hope for is a call up from Japan ala Ryan Jones in 2005...

Didn't meant to repeat myself, I must still be drunk Erm

Cardiff Taffy

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sun 17 Mar 2013, 12:20 pm

Lydiate does the same as Ferris, Corbisiero and co, gets back to full fitness plays for his club and prepares for a possible summer tour with his country!!!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sun 17 Mar 2013, 2:43 pm

gboycottnut wrote:What about having Lydiate as the number 8 with Faletau moving to the second row to partner Ryan Jones?
So where do Ian Evans, AWJ, Bradley Davies, Luke Charteris, and Andrew Coombs go? Doh
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by tatterd Sun 17 Mar 2013, 8:50 pm

Welshmushroom wrote:In order to drive standard you need players to push each other. Wales look in good shape in the backrow with Falatau, Warburton, Tipuric, Lydiate & Jones competeting aganst each other.

Welshmushroom PLEASE tell me you are joking. Adam has got to make it - he's only 32 isn't he?? 34 is ok for a THP isn't it? Please reassure me - without Adam at RWC15 we're doomed - DOOMED I tells ye!

tatterd

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down