The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RAW Results - 02/05/2011

+12
bernard black
Blade
JoshSansom
theanimal316
scfc1992
Marky
Dx Dan.
Holymiky
theundisputedY2D2
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
Adam D
David Tails
16 posters

Go down

RAW Results - 02/05/2011 Empty RAW Results - 02/05/2011

Post by Guest Tue 03 May 2011, 9:48 am

RAW Results:

Lillian Garcia returns for the night and she sings the Star Spangled Banner to a great ovation, then the Rock comes out and says he has one thing to say... "we got him!" He thanks the troops overseas and says he is proud to be an American, so there is one way he is starting the show, and says the Pledge of Allegiance with the crowd. He then says it is good to be in Miami, and talks about his life through college and WWE, and says he is ready to party, but gets interrupted by a GM email.

Cole laughs when he gets the email and starts reading, but Rock cuts him off and says if he has the nerve to interrupt him on his birthday, he should read it to the Rock's face. Cole declines and Rock says he knows he is scared, but he won his two matches so he should get it the ring, or sit in his box like a little drunk hobbit bitch. Cole says he isn't the same guy Rock used to throw t-shirts at, and he became a man, and he'll show him something right now. He says he is a winner, and he takes off his shirt to reveal a Celtics jersey. The crowd boos him and starts a "You're an Asshole" chant, then he gets in the ring and says Rock has to apologize to the GM and Cole, or the birthday party is over.

Rock says Cole is right, and Rock did disrespect the GM at Wrestlemania, and harassed Cole over the years, but he says he is sorry. Rock extends his hand and says they are live and he is apologizing like a man, so he either accepts it or he doesn't. Cole shakes his hand and Rock points at the jersey Cole is wearing, and says "Go Heat, Bitch!" then Rock Bottoms Cole! He throws up the "U" sign, and hits the People's Elbow, then tells them it's over yet, and introduces Miami's own Pitbull. Pitbull says happy birthday to Rock then performs a medley of his songs with the Miami Heat dancers.

John Morrison vs R-Truth

Truth comes out and nails Morrison from behind during his entrance, then throws him into the barricade and picks him up and hits a jumping STO on the floor. Refs come out to check on Morrison and get Truth to go to the back. Truth comes back out when they are near the top of the ramp and hits the move again on the stage. He leaves again as refs continue to check on Morrison.

Result - No Contest

Maryse vs Kelly Kelly

Kelly slams Maryse head against the mat then the match gets interrupted by Kharma! Kharma marches to the ring then grabs Maryse and hits an Implant Buster, and turns around and stares at Kelly. She smiles and leaves Kelly cowering in the corner as she heads back up the ramp and stares at Kelly Kelly. (I knew what was coming, but it is totally worth it!)

Result - No Contest

Miz asks where Riley was and he says he was fighting through the people that are celebrating the Rock's birthday. Miz asks him about last night too, and Riley says he was drafted, but Miz says he doesn't care about a draft. He says Riley will listen to him because Miz is the reason he is in WWE, and he is under a personal services contract. He says that overrides anything else, and he can prove himself tonight when he is in Miz's corner tonight and he takes back his title.

Rock is backstage at a birthday celebration (Zack Ryder in the crowd, WWWYKI) is telling the Divas a story about Michelle Obama, then he says hello to Teddy Long and Kozlov. Kozlov says he has a surprise for him, and Santino, Hornswoggle and Khali come out dressed like some of Rock's movie characters. He says he has the perfect person to say something, and points at Ron Simmons, who looks at Khali (dressed as a Tooth Fairy) and says DAMN!

WWE Championship
The Miz vs John Cena (c)

Miz attempts a headlock but Cena hits a bulldog and a hip toss and goes for a cover. Cena only gets two then punches away at Miz until Riley jumps on the apron, and Cena goes after him. Miz uses the distraction to knock Cena outside and Riley clotheslines him to the ground. Miz throws Cena into the ringsteps then rolls him in for a cover, but only gets a two count, and he hits a diving clothesline when Cena gets up. Miz goes up top and hits a double axe handle smash as we go to a commercial.

When we return, Miz is pounding on Cena in the corner and sets up for another clothesline but Cena ducks and starts hitting Miz with shoulder blocks and the Five Knuckle Shuffle. He tries to pick Miz up for the AA, but Miz slides out and kicks Cena right in the head to knock him down. Cena avoids another kick by Miz and applies the STF, but Miz makes it to the ropes the break the hold. Miz kicks Cena and hits a snapping DDT, but only gets two, so he tries taking a turnbuckle apart while the ref checks on Cena. Miz tries to slam his head into it, but Cena blocks it and goes for the AA again. Miz holds the top rope, and blocks a Cena clothesline and hits the neckbreaker/backbreaker combo.

He goes for the Skull Crushing Finale, but Cena throws him off and inadvertently hits the ref too. Cena applies the STF and gets Miz to tap, but the ref is down on the outside and Riley brings the briefcase inside. He tries to hit Cena with it but he ducks and lifts Riley for the AA, but Miz grabs the briefcase and hits Cena with it. He continues by hitting the Skull Crushing Finale, but Cena kicks out and nails Miz with the AA. Miz surprisingly kicks out and grabs the title while the ref is distracted by Riley. He hits Cena with it, and makes the cover, and gets the pin! He hides the title from the ref and celebrates with Riley.

The ref sees Miz with the title already and says that Miz used the title to hit Cena. Miz denies it but the ref doesn't listen and he reverses the decision. Miz argues with Riley and shoves him, then Cena takes them out with clotheslines and Attitude Adjustments. He celebrates with his championship as Miz and Riley lay on the ground and King talks about the Rock and his birthday.

Winner and STILL Champion - John Cena

Rey Mysterio & Kofi Kingston vs Jack Swagger & Drew McIntyre

Swagger hits a belly-to-back and punches Rey, but Rey comes back with a hurricanrana and tags in Kofi, who works on Swagger in the corner. Kofi tries running the ropes but Drew knocks him down and Swagger starts to work on him in the corner. Drew tags in and works on him for awhile, then taunts him and gets a near fall. They continue to use quick tags until Kofi finally gets a hot tag off the ropes to Rey, and he kicks Drew, then he and Kofi take care of Swagger. Rey hits the 619 and and a top rope splash on Drew to pick up the win.

Winners - Rey Mysterio & Kofi Kingston

Alberto leaves the announcer's table and tries running in the ring, but Rey dropkicks him off the apron. (Are they really going to try and three month rule this like they never feuded on Smackdown most of last year???)

Rock congratulates Christian on his big win, then he says hi to Evan Bourne before Vickie and Dolph interrupt. Vickie says everyone forgot her birthday, but they still got him a present. They roll away a big cake and Mae Young is standing there, and she says happy birthday to the Rock. They start laughing and Rock says he is happy to see her, and she is more beautiful than Vickie will ever be.

The Rock kisses Mae and says he gets more pie than Dolph ever will, then turns around and sees John Cena standing there. He says he got the Rock a present, and holds up his championship. He says he is keeping the title until Wrestlemania 28, and he is giving the gift of making the biggest match ever even bigger. Rock tells him to just bring it and stares him down to end the segment.

Mason Ryan (w/ CM Punk) vs Kane

Ryan and Kane lock up and Ryan shoves Kane down to the mat, and then to the ringside floor. Ryan knocks him down again then bodyslams him, and whips him hard into the corner to continue the attack. Kane finally fights back and knocks Ryan back, but Punk grabs Kane and the ref throws the match out.

Winner by DQ - Kane

Kane tries to chokeslam Ryan, but Ryan grabs Kane's arm and forces him back and says it won't happen! Nexus starts beating on Kane when the Big Show runs out to make the save. He fights off some off the Nexus members but Ryan dives at him with a huge shoulder tackle and knocks Show out. Ryan leaves and goes up the ring without Nexus and they gather themselves at ringside and try to figure out what is going on.

The Rock comes back out and asks everyone if they had fun tonight, and he thanks them all for making it one of the greatest nights in his life. He thanks his family, and the WWE, and it will be the greatest birthday celebration in television history, and next year's Wrestlemania will be the People's Wrestlemania and it will be the greatest of all time. Vince McMahon comes out and thanks him for celebrating his birthday with them, and thanks him for his respect, humanity, love, and most of all, thank him for being the Rock. Vince says they put together a gift for him, and Vince thanks him for coming home.

After a video package plays, Rock gets a huge ovation and Justin Roberts announces Maya is there to sing happy birthday to the Rock. When she is done, the Rock thanks everyone and streamers come down from the rafters and it is followed by balloons and confetti. The Rock smiles and looks around then poses on the turnbuckle as the pyro explodes on the stage as RAW ends.

Back to top Go down

RAW Results - 02/05/2011 Empty Re: RAW Results - 02/05/2011

Post by David Tails Tue 03 May 2011, 9:56 am

So that's now 3 times that Rock has stopped Cole reading a GM email? (His return, Mania and last night).

Does that mean Rock is GM? Or does that mean Cole is GM? What's going on??

David Tails

http://officerrahl.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 03 May 2011, 10:02 am

I havent seen the show but looking at the above the results were as follows:

No contest
No contest
Screwy finish where the belt was used and decision reversed.
Clean Win
DQ

If TNA had put on that, they would be getting pelters right now!1 Match out of 5 with a clean victory.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 May 2011, 10:06 am

Hobo wrote:I havent seen the show but looking at the above the results were as follows:

No contest
No contest
Screwy finish where the belt was used and decision reversed.
Clean Win
DQ

If TNA had put on that, they would be getting pelters right now!1 Match out of 5 with a clean victory.

To be fair, given the Bin Laden stuff and Rock's birthday, this was never gonna be a wrestling filled show. But each match progressed something, which never happens in TNA.

Truth continued his assault on JoMo.
Kharma continued her assault on the Divas.
We found out where ADR stands.
A potential new storyline for Mason Ryan and Punk.

I was surprised at the McMahon part though. Anyone else thinking Vince v Rock for a tune up?

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tails Tue 03 May 2011, 10:21 am

Have you read the spoilers for this weeks TNA yet Hobo?

I would read those before slating these Doh

David Tails

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 May 2011, 10:22 am

David Tails wrote:Have you read the spoilers for this weeks TNA yet Hobo?

I would read those before slating these Doh

HAHA!

Yeah, good point. I read them this morning! 🤦

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 03 May 2011, 10:28 am

Just read them now - 4 clean pins out of 5 and only 1 heel turn!

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2011/0502/539275/tna-impact/

They are getting better though!
I wasnt slating WWE - the point I was making is that people would have been slating it if it had been TNA. For all I know, last nights RAW could have been brilliant.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 May 2011, 10:30 am

Hobo wrote:Just read them now - 4 clean pins out of 5 and only 1 heel turn!

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2011/0502/539275/tna-impact/

They are getting better though!
I wasnt slating WWE - the point I was making is that people would have been slating it if it had been TNA. For all I know, last nights RAW could have been brilliant.

The heel turn is the biggest facepalm of them all.

I haven't watched RAW yet but all the right ups have been very positive. Apparently Vince was teary eyed when addressing The Rock.

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 03 May 2011, 10:31 am

The heel turn is the biggest "who cares" ever!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 May 2011, 10:32 am

Hobo wrote:The heel turn is the biggest "who cares" ever!

Wait...... did you just diss TNA?!?!?! Shocked Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Tue 03 May 2011, 10:34 am

Why the hell is WWE concerning itself with Bin Laden?

I didn't see Craig Bellamy leading Cardiff City in a singing of the national anthem last night in celebration of his death. Or John Higgins and Judd Trump holding hands and reciting the lord's prayer in gratitude.

World Politics is not the wrestling ring. This isn't a case of Barack Obama getting the three count over the biggest heel in the world. It shouldn't be paraded as such in an entertainment forum

MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 May 2011, 10:36 am

Electric Demon wrote:Why the hell is WWE concerning itself with Bin Laden?

I didn't see Craig Bellamy leading Cardiff City in a singing of the national anthem last night in celebration of his death. Or John Higgins and Judd Trump holding hands and reciting the lord's prayer in gratitude.

World Politics is not the wrestling ring. This isn't a case of Barack Obama getting the three count over the biggest heel in the world. It shouldn't be paraded as such in an entertainment forum

It's patriotism isn't it. A way of selling tickets and 'connecting' with the people. As i said on the OBL thread, there was a guy wearign a Hulkamania t-shirt celebrating outside the White House so i fully expect some sort of TNA angle.

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 03 May 2011, 10:37 am

Electric Demon wrote:Why the hell is WWE concerning itself with Bin Laden?

I dont ever remember the FA ever having a Iraq waving heel in their midsts either. Or have the undertaker attacked by hooded terrorists!

Although I agree in your sentiment, its not like WWE and politics have ever been exclusive. Vince would get his children to blade for money. Actually, he has done that.

And yes I dissed TNA - I always do! I just prefer it to WWE but I am fully aware of its faults and think it gets a undeserved hard time.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tails Tue 03 May 2011, 10:42 am

I actually failed to see any good from the TNA spoilers to be honest. Where are all of these feuds springing up from??

The heel turn 🤦 I didn't even think they were still on the roster.

David Tails

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Tue 03 May 2011, 10:57 am

Well this heel turn has SHOCKED THE WORLD and will change the face of professional wrestling FOREVER!

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tails Tue 03 May 2011, 11:00 am

I don't understand the Stip that has been added to the knockouts title match either.

But I'll stop moaning about it on a Raw thread.

David Tails

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Tue 03 May 2011, 11:02 am

I think this sounds like a fantastic show, Happy Birthday Rock!

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Dx Dan. Tue 03 May 2011, 12:28 pm

Very enjoyable show IMO.
Rock's opening segment was good; loved it when he said 'WE GOT HIM!'
The reception he got was unbelievable!
Miz vs Cena was actually a highly enjoyable match, better than their Mania one IMO, was fairly suprised when missed kicked out of the AA after Cena scurried for the pin.
Don't know what the hell they are thinking regarding DelRio/Rey and CMPunk/BigShow fueds, they've both been done to death, and last night made it seem that they are restarting them!
Glad Mason Ryan was made to look strong, really like the look of him; surely they're not hinting towards a face turn already though?
Ending of the show was good, Vince was a nice suprise!, i can confirm that he had tears in his eyes as he introduced Rock's video!
Confetti and fireworks at the end were a nice touch.

Dx Dan.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue 03 May 2011, 1:04 pm

Was I the only one hoping for someone to come out and ruin the moment for Rock? Leading to a Summerslam match perhaps?

If Punk hadn't been used already it would have been perfect for him to interrupt Rock's birthday speech with Nexus beating him down, alas it was not to be.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by scfc1992 Tue 03 May 2011, 1:58 pm

Rubbish show IMO. Not enough matches and too many Poopie "singers".

scfc1992

Back to top Go down

Post by theanimal316 Tue 03 May 2011, 3:12 pm

Marky I thought it was a perfect opportunity for a p*ssed off Miz to come out and say the Rock was stealing his spotlight or something. I think Rock should maybe have few matches with miz befor he gets in the ring with Cena at Mania.

theanimal316

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Tue 03 May 2011, 3:37 pm

theanimal316 wrote:Marky I thought it was a perfect opportunity for a p*ssed off Miz to come out and say the Rock was stealing his spotlight or something. I think Rock should maybe have few matches with miz befor he gets in the ring with Cena at Mania.

Problem is that if they did that they would just have him buried a la Sheamus with HHH before WM and Drew McIntyre with Randy

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

RAW Results - 02/05/2011 Empty could be a possible spoiler for raw.......

Post by Blade Tue 03 May 2011, 4:13 pm

so cena comes out and says that now he's champ he's gonna hold it for a year till wrestlemainia, so the rock can fight for it.
hmmmmmmm will the wwe let him hold on to it for a year, the last time i remember any one holding it for that long was jbl i think.
and what did every one think of raw this week? me i thought it was going a tad over the top for the rocks birthday celebration party.nearly every secment was someone wishing the rock happy birthday, so what its his birthday get over it.
will they have a birthday celebration if it was cena's birthday? no i doubt it.
and whats going on with awsom kong/kharma?
is she going to be face or heel?
she hammerd michell mc cool and now marcy, they are both heels so my guess is that she will be a face, or is that just to trick us into beleaving that.
whats your thoughts on this weeks raw?
Blade
Blade

http://dellsrangers.createaforum.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post by bernard black Tue 03 May 2011, 4:16 pm

So RAW's young talent will be held back for another yet while Cena goes on another glorified run? God, I hope not.

bernard black

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Tue 03 May 2011, 4:20 pm

They could go 2 ways with Cena and the WWE title. Either they have him hold onto it till Wrestlemania and make it Cena/Rock for the belt - that way one of the titles doesn't get completely overshadowed, which it would otherwise - or else they have the Rock cost Cena the title near Wrestlemania. What his (kayfabe) reasoning for that would be, I have no idea.

The Kharma thing is strange in that she's only attacked heels so far, but I can't see it staying that way. She's a natural heel anyway.

Reading the results it seems that there was an awful lot of time given to the Rock segments, it sounded like overkill. It would have been nice for Christian to get more than a few seconds in one of the Rock segments but I guess they want to save his big address for Smackdown which makes sense, but why bother having him appear at all if that's the case?

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by theanimal316 Tue 03 May 2011, 4:32 pm

Cena has already had a 13 month title reign in 2006/2007 time, and was never beaten but gave up the title when injured, so it is possible. I hope not though, I can see him keeping it until July/August time and winning it back later in the year or at RR.

Raw was good this week but not great I thought. The Rock segments were overkill. For those who have seen it, what did you think of Vince McMahn coming out with tears in his eyes? My theory is the WWE was in a real bad way and the Rock's return has revived business to the extent that Vince was emotional and wanted to thank him for coming 'home'. Anybody else agree or can shed light on this? I didn't know him and Rock were that close.

Cena's match with miz was better than mania match. I think Punk is going to ditch Nexus soon and be put in the title picture. He has to.

theanimal316

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 03 May 2011, 4:33 pm

does the match really need the title?

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tails Tue 03 May 2011, 4:40 pm

Maybe Kharma is just destroying the heels because she wants to be the top heel. Taking out the competition.

David Tails

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Tue 03 May 2011, 4:44 pm

David Tails wrote:Maybe Kharma is just destroying the heels because she wants to be the top heel. Taking out the competition.

Or just destroying everyone with fake boobies...

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by theanimal316 Tue 03 May 2011, 4:59 pm

Or just destroying everyone with fake boobies....

The entire Diva roster, and possibly Masters?

theanimal316

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Tue 03 May 2011, 5:01 pm

theanimal316 wrote:
Or just destroying everyone with fake boobies....

The entire Diva roster, and possibly Masters?

If that's the case then maybe we have found out that Kelly Kelly's assets are all her own...

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by theanimal316 Tue 03 May 2011, 5:15 pm

I pray that is the case Josh but looks like she became altered sometime after her debut

theanimal316

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Tue 03 May 2011, 5:18 pm

theanimal316 wrote:I pray that is the case Josh but looks like she became altered sometime after her debut

My guess would be that had she had fake ones put in that she would have gone quite a bit larger... I would guess (hope) at copious padding in her ring gear.

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 May 2011, 6:36 pm

Just watched it at home....

The Vince/Rock segment was very good and you could tell Vince meant every word of it, Rock seemed truely humbled.

Mason Ryan is an absolute beast!!! He flattened Big Show, when he hit him Big Show actually got air! Very impressive.

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Tue 03 May 2011, 7:21 pm

Just finished watching and it was a pretty awful show IMO. Mason Ryan is an actual monster. I don't think I've ever seen someone floor Big Show so good. I reckon he could have a pretty good future in the E. A feud with Batista will probably be on the cards at some point I reckon.

Does anyone think that R Truth is playing a pretty decent heel?

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Blade Tue 03 May 2011, 7:24 pm

yeah I think R-truth is playing a decent heel, and if booked correctly he could go far.
Blade
Blade

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Tue 03 May 2011, 7:45 pm

I saw Raw earlier. Was impressed with Vince's words for The Rock. R-Truth I don't think can cut it as a heel. Mason Ryan is looking good and I am hoping he has the mic skills to match. The matches were poor. I am hoping that this Kharma storyline will go to the point that Beth Phoenix will join the mix.

Raw is truly appalling at the moment. Rock is not going to ever be full time and it is silly Cena having any meaningful feud as it will be difficult for anyone to be put over and it will squash after squash.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Blade Tue 03 May 2011, 9:23 pm

Is Kharma a heel or face?

I mean she hit on Michelle mccool, when she lost and then she hit Marcy and left the lovely Kelly Kelly alone.

Mccool and Marcy are heels so makes me think that she is a face,but is this a trick or do you think she is really a face?
Blade
Blade

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Wed 04 May 2011, 9:19 am

It appears to me, probably wrong that Layla was meant to turn face off of it and i believe Kharma is a face too.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 May 2011, 9:21 am

Holymiky wrote:It appears to me, probably wrong that Layla was meant to turn face off of it and i believe Kharma is a face too.

It appears that way, unless it's a swerve and everyone she doesn't attack is gonna turn heel?!

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Wed 04 May 2011, 9:26 am

Spoiler:

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by Dx Dan. Wed 04 May 2011, 9:27 am

She's bloody disgusting!, I hate her!
She doesn't deserve to even touch the likes of Maryse! Sad

Dx Dan.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 May 2011, 9:30 am

Dx Dan. wrote:She's bloody disgusting!, I hate her!
She doesn't deserve to even touch the likes of Maryse! Sad

It's ok, Dan. Tatsu called her during NXT to make sure she was ok.

Back to top Go down

Post by uberkiwi Wed 04 May 2011, 9:37 am

Watched last night, absolutely awful show.

Not keen on this whole 'No wrestling, but entertainment slant'.

uberkiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 04 May 2011, 9:43 am

KI would change the result of this weeks smackers main event!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tails Wed 04 May 2011, 10:36 am

She's lulling all of the faces in to a false sense of security and taking out all of the other heels so she is instantly the number one heel.

David Tails

Back to top Go down

Post by Blade Wed 04 May 2011, 10:39 am

good thinking dt.
Blade
Blade

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content