The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

*NEW* v2 Boxing podcast with Deontay Wilder

+9
tunes666
Strongback
tomfinneywalksonwater
TheMackemMawler
hampo17
spencerclarke
88Chris05
John Bloody Wayne
Adam D
13 posters

Go down

*NEW* v2 Boxing podcast with Deontay Wilder Empty *NEW* v2 Boxing podcast with Deontay Wilder

Post by Adam D Tue 19 Mar 2013, 9:46 pm

Hi all, on tonight's podcast I'm delighted to say that me, Paul and Chris were joined by unbeaten Heavyweight and 2008 Olympic bronze medal winner Deontay Wilder.

Deontay currently boasts a 27-0 professional record, all by knockout, and is considered by many (including Britain's own former WBA Heavyweight champion, David Haye) as America's leading Heavyweight and the man most likely to bring the Heavyweight title back to its traditional 'home' in the States.

Deontay talked to us about the visions he has for his career going forward, the criticism he's faced in some quarters regarding his opposition up until now and also shares his views on the other emerging Heavyweight contenders, as well as some fighters from eras gone by.

All in all, a great interview and Deontay has also vowed to return to the boxing podcast further down the line as he moves towards his goal of the world Heavyweight championship. You can follow Deontay on Twitter - @BronzeBomber

If you want to get in touch with the podcast team then make sure you email us at boxing@v2journal.com, or leave a comment here below. We're also on Twitter - @v2journal

So a big thank you to Deontay who was very generous with his time, and I'm sure the whole v2 team wishes him the best of luck for the future.

CLICK HERE TO LISTEN - http://v2journal.com/16/post/2013/03/v2-boxing-podcast-with-deontay-wilder.html

Previous shows:
Brian Rose - 3rd March
Tyson Fury - 21st Feb
Nathan Cleverly - 14th Feb
Martin Murray - 6th Feb
Frank Maloney - 22nd January
Alex Arthur - 10th January
Scott Quigg - 20th December
Eubank Jr - 5th December

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

*NEW* v2 Boxing podcast with Deontay Wilder Empty Re: *NEW* v2 Boxing podcast with Deontay Wilder

Post by John Bloody Wayne Tue 19 Mar 2013, 9:49 pm

Do you ask him the questions I put forward in the two questions thing??

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

*NEW* v2 Boxing podcast with Deontay Wilder Empty Re: *NEW* v2 Boxing podcast with Deontay Wilder

Post by 88Chris05 Tue 19 Mar 2013, 9:53 pm

John Bloody Wayne wrote:Do you ask him the questions I put forward in the two questions thing??

You'll have to listen to find out, JBW. But don't get your hopes up! Laugh
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Tue 19 Mar 2013, 9:57 pm

Excellent job again gents. Fantastic effort getting such names. Have you tried getting frank warren before? Im sure the board could pose quite a few interesting questions!

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Tue 19 Mar 2013, 9:58 pm

I'm the Ronald Mcintosh of this forum. Clearly the best, yet so under appreciated. Except not as good looking.

You have a sumptuous voice, by the way.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 19 Mar 2013, 9:59 pm

John Bloody Wayne wrote:I'm the Ronald Mcintosh of this forum. Clearly the best, yet so under appreciated. Except not as good looking.

You have a sumptuous voice, by the way.

Why thank you kiss

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 19 Mar 2013, 10:00 pm

spencerclarke wrote:Excellent job again gents. Fantastic effort getting such names. Have you tried getting frank warren before? Im sure the board could pose quite a few interesting questions!

I havent but I will.

I have got to say, that I wasnt expecting much from Deontay but he was such a nice guy. Great personality who didnt take himself too seriously.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Tue 19 Mar 2013, 10:04 pm

BOMB SQUAD!!!! Laugh

He was a really nice bloke, would be great to get him on again if he does fight Thompson.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue 19 Mar 2013, 10:43 pm

I'll second that, Hampo. Came across brilliantly and it's definitely the most I've enjoyed doing a podcast so far, or level-pegging with the Fury boys a few weeks back at least! Look forward to getting him back on.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMackemMawler Tue 19 Mar 2013, 10:47 pm

Well done for interviewing the future undisputed champion of the world!!!!
TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Tue 19 Mar 2013, 10:49 pm

I like that everyone interviewed so far has come across as genuine, sound people and having these interviews from our very own board keeps the sport a little more real. In sport now a days its more and more difficult to relate what with the money involved. So these interviews help the fans to connect with fighters

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by tomfinneywalksonwater Tue 19 Mar 2013, 10:53 pm

Favourite podcast yet, I have criticised his opponents in the past but I really hope he manages to step up and go on for a world title, think I am part of the bomb squad now!

tomfinneywalksonwater

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 20 Mar 2013, 7:14 am

tomfinneywalksonwater wrote:Favourite podcast yet, I have criticised his opponents in the past but I really hope he manages to step up and go on for a world title, think I am part of the bomb squad now!

I think that pretty much sums up my attitude towards the interview as well - went in not expecting to like him but came out the other end a fan.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 20 Mar 2013, 8:40 am

Trying to get this on iTunes to make it easier to follow but in the meantime, you can do so here - http://boxing.podomatic.com/

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed 20 Mar 2013, 12:14 pm

That was good. Just being constructive when I say the questions could be more clearly articulated and pronounced when interviewing somebody from another country. The interviewee will not always understand English colloquialisms. There's also a balance between sounding show biz and doing a serious interview, it's ok at the moment.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Wed 20 Mar 2013, 12:15 pm

To be fair Strongback in a 40 minute interview there was one question he struggled with.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 20 Mar 2013, 12:17 pm

I was a bit wary of that, Strongback - not easy trying to tailor a thick Nottingham accent so that an American can understand it! But thanks for the feedback.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed 20 Mar 2013, 12:30 pm

It's not really the accent Chris. I was thinking of On The Ropes radio and how clearly and slowly the questions are asked. Eliminating erms and ahhs always makes it easier for the interviewee and the listener although this is easier said than done. I'm just thinking the questions could be slowed down. This is more a general comment on what I like to hear listening to radio than on this podcast.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 20 Mar 2013, 12:39 pm

Duly noted.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 20 Mar 2013, 1:31 pm

Thanks for the feedback Strongback - I was surprised I had to ask him a few times but I guess thats going to happen.

Glad you enjoyed it and just trying to tie up David Price for the next one now.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 20 Mar 2013, 1:34 pm

Have to admit, when Deontay started talking about Rocky Marciano I was thinking to myself, "God, I hope Azania hears this!" as I thought he was about to give a glowing appraisal of the Hard Rock from Brockton! He wasn't dismissive of him either, obviously, but aside from saying he'd have loved to fight him he never really made it clear how he rated Rocky the boxer.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Wed 20 Mar 2013, 11:43 pm

looks like a good podcast, do you not have a feed where I can download on my phone and tablet? I added a feed but it just comes up with a link to the website, with no option to download the podcasts directly to podcast player. You could be missing out on things like itunes reviews and charts, and advertising from people who search for boxing podcasts through their phones and so on....

Just saying.. Smile

Last edited by tunes666 on Thu 21 Mar 2013, 12:01 am; edited 1 time in total

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 20 Mar 2013, 11:45 pm

88Chris05 wrote:Have to admit, when Deontay started talking about Rocky Marciano I was thinking to myself, "God, I hope Azania hears this!" as I thought he was about to give a glowing appraisal of the Hard Rock from Brockton! He wasn't dismissive of him either, obviously, but aside from saying he'd have loved to fight him he never really made it clear how he rated Rocky the boxer.

Hard Rock from Brockton? Is that the Hard Rock Cafe franchise? You should go to the Park Lane Hard Rock.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sat 23 Mar 2013, 3:42 pm

You can now get the podcast on iTunes:

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/v2-boxings-podcast/id623860606?mt=2

Make sure you subscribe and like it on that book of face mathingymajiggy

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Sat 23 Mar 2013, 6:07 pm

Great job!

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Sat 23 Mar 2013, 10:01 pm

Could be the best yet. Getting polished. Completely surprised that all the boxers so far are down to earth guys. After that interview I hope wilder is the real deal, cause he seems like a guy you could root for. Keep up the great work lads. I hope the iTunes addition helps the podcast get the attention it deserves.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Sun 24 Mar 2013, 10:16 am

Great job with iTunes Adam. With the follow on interviews will it just be a case of you subscribe once and you get the new ones updated automatically when you log on?

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sun 24 Mar 2013, 10:17 am

Yeah. Once you've subscribed they appear on your play list.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Sun 24 Mar 2013, 10:29 am

Brilliant! That helps out the lazy ones of us! Smile

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Mon 25 Mar 2013, 1:53 pm

Awesome, intend to listen to this tonight. Well done all.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 25 Mar 2013, 3:03 pm

Shame this proposed fight with Audley wasn't announced before the podcast. Anyone known if there's any truth to the rumour or if it's just idle gossip.

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 25 Mar 2013, 3:07 pm

When we talked to him and his manager, they were still pushing for Price or thompson.

I guess the Audley stuff gets him a sellable match - Olympic champ vs Bronze medallist.

Sells itself really

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 25 Mar 2013, 3:10 pm

Wonder if Mayweather will agree to appear on the undercard of such a massive event.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down