The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alan Wyn Lions Captain or Tool?

+19
ChequeredJersey
Geordie
Scarpia
fa0019
flyhalffactory
maestegmafia
Glas a du
irfon17
t1000advancedprototype
Taffineastbourne
George Carlin
Shifty
RubyGuby
wales606
welshboii15
mikey_philVIII
Knowsit17
wayne
dragonbreath
23 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Alan Wyn Lions Captain or Tool? - Page 2 Empty Alan Wyn Lions Captain or Tool?

Post by dragonbreath Sat 23 Mar 2013, 9:40 pm

First topic message reminder :

Just saw AWJ interviewed after the Ospreys game. When asked in a perfectly reasonable manner about all the talk surrounding his credentials as a potential Lions Captain, his response was unnecessarily rude and his attitude distastefully arrogant. Now I can understand why he would not want to answer such a question but to completely ignore the guy asking the question (making him look like a complete FOOL) and provide an answer to a question that wasn't even asked was pathetic. He was arrogant and disrespectful to a guy he probably knows well and was bang out of order.

AWJ came across like a complete Meat trombone soloist and for I one wouldn't want him as Lions Captain, He would be an embarrassment

dragonbreath

Back to top Go down

Alan Wyn Lions Captain or Tool? - Page 2 Empty Re: Alan Wyn Lions Captain or Tool?

Post by Sgt_Pooly Tue 26 Mar 2013, 1:09 pm

That kind of fits in with when the pack performs so does AWJ, you rarely see him step up in a dog fight.

It's not an anti Welsh thing as I'd take Evans but I've never rated AWJ.

Gray, Evans, Launchbury, Ryan and one of POC/Hamilton/Parling (POC hopefully)

Looking to start Ryan/Gray if both fit

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Alan Wyn Lions Captain or Tool? - Page 2 Empty Re: Alan Wyn Lions Captain or Tool?

Post by GunsGerms Tue 26 Mar 2013, 1:15 pm

Normally the Lions captain has been decided by now and announced in the next week or so. The last Lions captian was announced at the start of April. Do we know when the anouncement will be this time round?

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by fa0019 Tue 26 Mar 2013, 2:20 pm

Its not a question on whether or not he should tour or not... I think he has just as much chance as all the other locks... its a very level playing field bar say Evans who is standout.

Its a question on his captaincy and given his poor performance in the last lions tour and him never seeming to live up to his reputation I would be aghast if he were chosen as captain.

Especially given Gatland has been in charge of Wales for 4 years and has never thought about him as captain and chosen fellow forwards Ryan Jones, Rees & Warburton as his favoured captains..... if not then, then why now???

fa0019

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed 27 Mar 2013, 9:30 am

I must admit I am amazed that so many do not see the appeal of Alun Wynn Jones as a prime candidate for lock and Captain.

Mind you, i remember that many touted Courtney Lawes as the next Martin Johnson, we can't all be right all of the team.

Difference being that AWJ has been around a long while, has won and lost, but his impact when in the team makes a massive difference. This season more than any before.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Wed 27 Mar 2013, 10:15 am

Lions Captain - NO
Tourist - Good chance

Not quite sure of the relavance of a tour 2 years ago. None IMO - He's as good as most others mentioned on here and so he has a chance of touring. He is not Lions Captain material IMO.

As an aside, my first choice 2nd row pairing would be:

4: Evans
5: Hines

thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2