The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nature abhors a vacuum

2 posters

Go down

Nature abhors a vacuum Empty Nature abhors a vacuum

Post by Portnoy's Complaint Wed 27 Mar 2013, 4:28 pm

Moderation in everything doesn't quite work.
As a principle it's an aspirational goal.
In practice it's unachievable.

Moderation in the v2 sense means toleration of the eccentric whilst rebuffing some of the eclectic.

Posters like Hersh have been driven out since when the vacuum has been filled.

Conversely some erstwhile posters have apparently gone off-606 to create their own 'v03' somewhere. I wonder if they're having modding issues now?

I'd applaud v2 if it was less heavy-handed on the popular but concentrated on the extreme.

If a poster is not to a reader's taste he has an 'off' button option.
However if a poster like GreyGhost is excluded, does that improve matters?

Nature abhors a vacuum.

As we currently see.

Portnoy's Complaint

Back to top Go down

Nature abhors a vacuum Empty Re: Nature abhors a vacuum

Post by dummy_half Wed 27 Mar 2013, 4:33 pm

GT

Moderating these boards must really be one of the most thankless tasks around - you've heard the phrase 'you can't please all of the people all of the time'. Well, these boards take it to the extreme.

I think generally the modding is pretty good. If anything I'd be a bit harsher on those posts that are pure wind-ups and that are created solely to get a reaction out of opposition fans. Nothing wrong with humour and banter, but there are some posters I tend to skip past because I know that there is no substance behind the vitriol.

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy's Complaint Wed 27 Mar 2013, 5:08 pm

but there are some posters I tend to skip past because I know that there is no substance behind the vitriol.

Exactly and precisely.

GG and Hersh got banned precisely because a few 'Daily Mail' readers couldn't help themselves from reading and complaining.

Meanwhile some broadsheet readers humphed and harred in their beards to recreate a no doubt no less factional new establishment.

Unfortunately the World is populated by a myriad of characters. In real life we soon learn to listen (even befriend) some whilst we choose to ignore others.

Portnoy's Complaint

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down