The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rumour Mill - Mayweather to fight at Cowboys Stadium?

+15
oxring
Colonial Lion
azania
Young_Towzer
Imperial Ghosty
coxy0001
TRUSSMAN66
88Chris05
HumanWindmill
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
D4thincarnation
John Bloody Wayne
manos de piedra
Scottrf
BALTIMORA
19 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Rumour Mill - Mayweather to fight at Cowboys Stadium? - Page 2 Empty Rumour Mill - Mayweather v Ortiz to fight at Cowboys Stadium?

Post by BALTIMORA Tue 03 May 2011, 4:57 pm

First topic message reminder :

I can't-in fact I WON'T-vouch for the accuracy of this statement, because the site it's from is pretty bloody awful, although behind their terrible writing there's usually a nugget of truth. Anyway, link's here:

http://www.boxingnews24.com/2011/05/mayweather-to-fight-in-cowboys-stadium-by-end-of-summer-says-roger/#more-64787

Long story sport is that Roger Mayweather's apparently hinting at Floyd Jr fighting at the Dallas Cowboys stadium in late summer 2010. If true, the implications are obvious - pack the stadium more than a certain Filipino did, and restate your dominance as the so-called 'cash cow' of boxing.

Of course, uncle Roger could quite easily be saying something just to keep Floyd Jr's name in the media, but the other implication from this is that if Mayweather does fight at the Cowboys Stadium it's a clear precursor to setting the stage for a rubber match of negotiations, hopefully successful, between the Mayweathers and the representatives of the Filipino chap. I forget his name. Smile

Wait and see, eh?

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Rumour Mill - Mayweather to fight at Cowboys Stadium? - Page 2 Empty Re: Rumour Mill - Mayweather to fight at Cowboys Stadium?

Post by D4thincarnation Tue 03 May 2011, 5:56 pm

HumanWindmill wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:
The Cotto fight would have to happen at light-middle, so Floyd could move up knowing that Manny has said he won't fight there again.

That's your first attempt to disrupt this. Make it your last.

http://www.boxingnews24.com/2011/05/mayweather-to-fight-in-cowboys-stadium-by-end-of-summer-says-roger/#more-64787

Here is the article what the thread is about.

Roger says they will sell out the huge stadium, which seats 100,000 fans. Roger doesn’t say who Floyd will be fighting but Victor Ortiz and Miguel Cotto’s names have been mentioned as possible opponents. This would be a good chance for Mayweather to show how well he can draw in the stadium compared to Manny Pacquiao, who twice fought there but was only able to bring in just 40,000 each time out.

According to the examiner.com, Mayweather has a deal with the owner of the Cowboys stadium Jerry Jones to fight there. Roger says this bout would be a tune-up for a mega fight against Pacquiao.

Even if Floyd does fight in the summer, he still likely have to take another tune-up bout if he wanted to stay sharp because Pacquiao’s promoter Bob Arum has already made an offer to Juan Manuel Marquez to have him fight Pacquiao next. That fight will likely be Pacquiao’s last bout of the year.

Mayweather has been sidelined recently due to a string of legal woes. However, Roger says that he still plans on getting into the ring by summer to get people interested in the Pacquiao fight for later.

The article is about a potential tune up fight for a fight with Pacquiao, not just about how does Floyd deal with Ortiz and Cotto.

Floyd moving up to face Cotto, will make the fight with Pacquiao less likely, Floyd will know this. How is this not relevant on this thread?

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Rumour Mill - Mayweather to fight at Cowboys Stadium? - Page 2 Empty Re: Rumour Mill - Mayweather to fight at Cowboys Stadium?

Post by BALTIMORA Tue 03 May 2011, 5:58 pm

It's pretty irrelevant, really. Given that the talk is of Mayweather taking either fight as a PRECURSOR to a possible Filipino fight.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Tue 03 May 2011, 6:04 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:The article is about a potential tune up fight for a fight with Pacquiao, not just about how does Floyd deal with Ortiz and Cotto.

Floyd moving up to face Cotto, will make the fight with Pacquiao less likely, Floyd will know this. How is this not relevant on this thread?

Because the two paragraphs are mutually exclusive.

If it is Floyd's declared intention to fight either Ortiz or Cotto as preparation for a showdown with Pacquiao it is not for you to reinterpret that intention or apply spin to it. BALTIMORA's article concerns the declared intention, and you are not going to hijack this into ' Floyd is a ducker ' territory.

On another thread, yesterday, I jumped in to support you in your assertion that Pacquiao is a factor in Floyd's career having been perceived as having taken a bit of a dive, so you can't say that I'm not even handed.

No, not eneven at all, and not stupid, either.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Tue 03 May 2011, 11:14 pm

The Mighty Atom wrote:One sided schooling, realistically don't see Ortiz or Cotto winning a round and wouldn't be surprised if Mayweather stopped Ortiz any time after the 6th.

You really think he stops Ortiz? He hasn't had a clean KO since super feather in '99 and Ortiz was a middleweight come fight night vs Berto.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Tue 03 May 2011, 11:49 pm

Supposing Floyd did move up to light-middle, and beat Cotto there decisively, that'd clearly exceed the last person who beat Cotto.

Anyway, realistically; points on both counts. I really wouldn't be surprised to see him do good numbers at the Cowboys Stadium, although can't see Cotto being his opponent. I doubt uncle Bob would like that.
I think 'uncle' bob would love that to be honest lol, i mean when Miguel held the WBA title, had just taken a 3 years younger Mosley to school Mayweather took a long, long vacation, Cotto would fight him tomorrow.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Tue 03 May 2011, 11:51 pm

And lose.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Tue 03 May 2011, 11:52 pm

One sided schooling, realistically don't see Ortiz or Cotto winning a round and wouldn't be surprised if Mayweather stopped Ortiz any time after the 6th.........................
Laughable, Ortiz and Cotto arent Marquez, both are much stronger fighters than Mayweather and would compete, which Marquez NEVER. He wouldnt fight a destructive correct puncher and young pup like Ortiz though, NO WAY!, all his fights are selective, as Emanuel Steward says.
Ortiz would give him nightmares, the way he bullied a big welterweight around the ring really caught my eye, his hand and footspeed was also much better than Berto who is also very fast.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 03 May 2011, 11:53 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:And lose.

Decisively.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Tue 03 May 2011, 11:54 pm

And lose.
oh yeah its that simple, a genuine great fighter like Cotto just loses eh Cox?! laughable

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 03 May 2011, 11:56 pm

Steven_89 wrote:And lose.
oh yeah its that simple, a genuine great fighter like Cotto just loses eh Cox?! laughable

You have been told several times Steven_89. Baltimora and coxy are not the same person. Kindly refrain from referring to them as such.

Consider this a formal warning.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Tue 03 May 2011, 11:57 pm

Decisively.
I wish Mayweather shared your enthusiasm then he may of fought Cotto from 2006 onwards, instead of fighting Judah who Cotto dealt with much more comfortably, and a journeyman in Baldomir who Cotto would also destroy

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Tue 03 May 2011, 11:58 pm

You have been told several times Steven_89. Baltimora and coxy are not the same person. Kindly refrain from referring to them as such.

you what?

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 03 May 2011, 11:59 pm

Steven_89 wrote:You have been told several times Steven_89. Baltimora and coxy are not the same person. Kindly refrain from referring to them as such.

you what?

Reading not your strong point?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Tue 03 May 2011, 11:59 pm

Steven_89 wrote:And lose.

He lost to Margarito. He's very good, but time will tel if he's great.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed 04 May 2011, 12:00 am

Mayweather v Judah was a fight in the pipeline for years. They were both young up and comers at the same time and slagged each other off in the press for years before the fight. Judah was the fight the public wanted to see.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Wed 04 May 2011, 12:05 am

@prettyboy kev
Judah had just lost clearly to a journeyman in Baldomir, the fight didnt make sense

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed 04 May 2011, 12:11 am

It shouldn't have happened but the American public wanted to see it so it made sense because it was guaranteed to make good money in PPV buys.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Wed 04 May 2011, 12:19 am

It really annoys me the way Mayweather gets credit for fights he hasn't even had! Cotto is a quality boxer and a physically stronger fighter than Mayweather, who has been troubled only by styles completely different to Floyd's, yet he's written off just because Mayweather looked effective in the past. That's where his last fight is after all, in the past. The only guys to beat Cotto, Floyd hasn't even fought. I'd pick Mayweather to UD Cotto to determine that it will a shut out as soon as it's mentioned is ridiculous.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Wed 04 May 2011, 12:31 am

@John bloody wayne
Mainly boyles down to football related fans imo john, i mean Ortiz would give him nightmares, i genuinely believe that but the football related Mayweather lickers would say 'Money', or 'Floyd' is the best, when they could name 1 fight he's had with Hatton, Ortiz or Cotto would give him a 5 times tougher fight than Marquez did, that i guarantee.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Wed 04 May 2011, 12:40 am

Well Southpaw the day you show an ounce of knowledge or respect do in fact accuse others of being football fans because they have an opinion that differs from yours.

What has Ortiz done to prove he could beat Mayweather, his style doesn't match up well, he's easy to hit and is prone to getting knocked down hence why I think Mayweather with his under rated power would stop but please call me a football fan again. As for Cotto I simply haven't seen anything from him in his past 4/5 fights that suggests he's the great fighter he once was.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Wed 04 May 2011, 12:51 am

Something about Cotto seems like he's somewhat damaged goods, sadly. He's a great boxer (albeit not yet a boxing great), but in his lasts fights three have taken a good bit out of him. Shame on Arum for lining up the Margarito rematch.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Wed 04 May 2011, 12:55 am

My issue is that the fights haven't happened, and Floyd gets credit anyway!

Floyd throws increasingly less as he goes up in weight classes, he doesn't unleash combos so much these days and Otiz looks so strong at welter, have we seen Floyd fight an Ortiz? When? Yet he just gets automatic benefit of the doubt that he PROBABLY would win. Tyson PROBABLY would KO Douglas early...

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Colonial Lion Wed 04 May 2011, 12:55 am

BALTIMORA wrote:Something about Cotto seems like he's somewhat damaged goods, sadly. He's a great boxer (albeit not yet a boxing great), but in his lasts fights three have taken a good bit out of him. Shame on Arum for lining up the Margarito rematch.

Who would you have him fight out of curiosity?

The Margarito rematch makes sense in a number of ways and avenging his first defeat would do Cottos career a world of good. I would warrant the beatings Margarito suffered to Pacquaio and Mosely not to mention his ban see him in far worse stead.

Colonial Lion

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Wed 04 May 2011, 12:58 am

My issue is that the fights haven't happened, and Floyd gets credit anyway!

Floyd throws increasingly less as he goes up in weight classes, he doesn't unleash combos so much these days and Otiz looks so strong at welter, have we seen Floyd fight an Ortiz? When? Yet he just gets automatic benefit of the doubt that he PROBABLY would win. Tyson PROBABLY would KO Douglas early...
He hasnt fought nobody as ferocious, young, fast, ring savvy as Ortiz in years, wont happen. It's a risk

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Wed 04 May 2011, 12:59 am

Colonial Lion wrote:
BALTIMORA wrote:Something about Cotto seems like he's somewhat damaged goods, sadly. He's a great boxer (albeit not yet a boxing great), but in his lasts fights three have taken a good bit out of him. Shame on Arum for lining up the Margarito rematch.

Who would you have him fight out of curiosity?

The Margarito rematch makes sense in a number of ways and avenging his first defeat would do Cottos career a world of good. I would warrant the beatings Margarito suffered to Pacquaio and Mosely not to mention his ban see him in far worse stead.

I agree, Margarito suffered a much worse beating from Pacquiao. From Mosley...I dunno, psychologically Margarito may be able to convince himself he has an excuse. What I meant was that after Margarito's last three fights, his year off and the reason for that hiatus, Arum has a cheek throwing Margarito another title shot. Out of principle, it's wrong. It'll sell well, and Cotto must surely be feeling confident after seeing Margarito exposed as a cheat and beaten decisively, but it just doesn't sit well with me.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Colonial Lion Wed 04 May 2011, 1:04 am

I think Mayweather is acutely aware of his rivalry with Pacquiao now and therefore I could not see him face Cotto at welterweight as Pacquiao has done that and Mayweather would not want to be seen to be picking on leftovers. Perhaps the fight could happen at Light Middle but I still feel Mayweather will look to put one over Pacquiao if he returns to the ring.

Mayweather has a knack of choosing opponents whos stock is on a high but are ultimately vunerable underneath. I think Ortiz fits this bill at present and if Ortiz could perhaps avenge his Maidana loss and eradicate the memory of that then I think his stock would be at the crest of a wave which would suit Mayweather perfectly both financially and reputationally aswell as blazing new ground ahead of Pacquiao.

Ortiz stock has jumped massively and he looks so much better at welter but realisticlly if Mayweather is still even 80% of the fighter he was that beat Mosely then he has more than enough to beat Ortiz.

He was at the Berto v Ortiz fight also and this may have been more than just a pleasurable outing.

Colonial Lion

Back to top Go down

Post by Colonial Lion Wed 04 May 2011, 1:12 am

Steven_89 wrote:My issue is that the fights haven't happened, and Floyd gets credit anyway!

He hasnt fought nobody as ferocious, young, fast, ring savvy as Ortiz in years, wont happen. It's a risk

Ferocious - no more so than Hatton or Mosely or De La Hoya
Fast - really?
Young - and inexperienced
ring savvy - again, are you sure? hes an energitic come forward fighter. Not particularly ring savvy and not on Mayweathers stratusphere.

Ortiz isnt a million miles away from Hatton or De La Hoya that Mayweather beat. In fact he doesnt have Oscars pedigree or size and he hasnt proven himself to be better than the Hatton Mayweather faced.

Another case of the public building a boogeyman in my opinion.

Colonial Lion

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Wed 04 May 2011, 1:39 am

Ortiz isnt nearly as slow or predictable as Hatton, de la hoya, didnt i say years ago as well? hence meaning it was years ago he fought them, your not listening, honest.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Colonial Lion Wed 04 May 2011, 2:03 am

Steven_89 wrote:Ortiz isnt nearly as slow or predictable as Hatton, de la hoya, didnt i say years ago as well? hence meaning it was years ago he fought them, your not listening, honest.

What has years got to do with anything?

Ortiz hasnt proven himself to be better than the Hatton Mayweather beat. He doesnt have De la Hoyas class or strength. He hasnt proven hes better than any of Mayweathers last 4 opponents. You are building him into something hes not and then claiming the likes of Hatton and De la Hoya are slow and predictable by comparison? Its the classic case of retrospectively dismissing Mayweathers opponents while finding some new pretender and building him up into something he blatantly hasnt proved.

His style is similar to the pressure De la Hoya and Hatton apply. Hes just as hittable if not more so and has been down numerous times already as testemant to this. The examples are relevant as to Mayweathers ability to deal with Ortiz style and Ortiz has done nothing to show hes better than either to date. Unless you think Floyd has diminished so far past his performance against Mosely then there is little Ortiz has that Floyd has not proved he can cope with and beat.

Colonial Lion

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Wed 04 May 2011, 5:49 am

What has years got to do with anything?

Ortiz hasnt proven himself to be better than the Hatton Mayweather beat. He doesnt have De la Hoyas class or strength. He hasnt proven hes better than any of Mayweathers last 4 opponents. You are building him into something hes not and then claiming the likes of Hatton and De la Hoya are slow and predictable by comparison? Its the classic case of retrospectively dismissing Mayweathers opponents while finding some new pretender and building him up into something he blatantly hasnt proved.

His style is similar to the pressure De la Hoya and Hatton apply. Hes just as hittable if not more so and has been down numerous times already as testemant to this. The examples are relevant as to Mayweathers ability to deal with Ortiz style and Ortiz has done nothing to show hes better than either to date. Unless you think Floyd has diminished so far past his performance against Mosely then there is little Ortiz has that Floyd has not proved he can cope with and beat.
No i never said they were slow i said it was years ago, your not listening, honest. I said anyone he's faced for years, a rusty Mosley and an overrated lightweight dont compare to a young hungry lion who's just won his old title, what as years got to do with out? read what i said anyone he's fought for years was what i said.

his last 4 opponents, surely your not trying to tell me that Ortiz wouldnt pose more of a threat than a journeyman in Baldomir and Marquez? (at welter, because thats the title Ortiz holds and what weight any fight would be at), Ortiz would compete, Marquez never he's 1 of his last 4, Ortiz should go for this fight, Mayweather isnt a destructive puncher anyway and if he lost he could come again, i think with Joe Frazier fighting more often these days than Mayweather, Ortiz could cause him nightmares.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Wed 04 May 2011, 11:14 am

Mayweather has resurfaced again, not surprising with Pacquiao fighting this weekend.

He bound to go quiet again once Pacquiao calls him out yet again.

http://www.boxingscene.com/mayweather-resurfaces-blasts-pacquiao-take-test--38789

He has denied he will be making a summer comeback, he ask Pacquiao to take the test, contradicting himself from a previous interview.

And he want Shane to win this weekend even though that will mean he will miss out on the biggest purse he will ever earn.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Wed 04 May 2011, 11:17 am

D4thincarnation wrote:Mayweather has resurfaced again, not surprising with Pacquiao fighting this weekend.

He bound to go quiet again once Pacquiao calls him out yet again.

http://www.boxingscene.com/mayweather-resurfaces-blasts-pacquiao-take-test--38789

He has denied he will be making a summer comeback, he ask Pacquiao to take the test, contradicting himself from a previous interview.

And he want Shane to win this weekend even though that will mean he will miss out on the biggest purse he will ever earn.

It's all in the game, though, isn't it ? With an ego such as Floyd's it's inevitable that he's going to be irked at not being in the limelight.

Much ado about nothing, methinks.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Wed 04 May 2011, 11:21 am

So...what's wrong with Mr P just taking the test..?

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Wed 04 May 2011, 11:25 am

Don't wish to be a killjoy, fellas, since we've debated a couple of ' Floyd ' topics in VERY good spirit over the last couple of days, but I really think we need to stay off the Manny stuff, here.

Would be a shame to spoil everything.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Wed 04 May 2011, 11:27 am

BALTIMORA wrote:So...what's wrong with Mr P just taking the test..?

Mayweather has said in a previous statement that it was not an issue anymore.

Can we believe anything he says when he constantly contradicts himself.

Why does Mayweather want Mosley to win for?

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Wed 04 May 2011, 11:29 am

And again, guys, let's keep the goodwill and build on it. It's been a breath of fresh air to see these debates being conducted so respectfully, lately.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Wed 04 May 2011, 11:32 am

D4thincarnation wrote:
BALTIMORA wrote:So...what's wrong with Mr P just taking the test..?

Mayweather has said in a previous statement that it was not an issue anymore.

You don't believe anything he says anyway, so why berate him for going back on his prior statement?

D4thincarnation wrote:Can we believe anything he says when he constantly contradicts himself.

Why does Mayweather want Mosley to win for?

Quite obvious really. Mosley beating Mr P will reinstate Mayweather above Mr P in the many people's rankings, without him even having to fight.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Wed 04 May 2011, 12:35 pm

HumanWindmill wrote:And again, guys, let's keep the goodwill and build on it. It's been a breath of fresh air to see these debates being conducted so respectfully, lately.

Seconded. This isn't strictly about Pacquiao - so if we could try to avoid old ground please and keep on topic.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Wed 04 May 2011, 4:20 pm

Don't wish to be a killjoy, fellas, since we've debated a couple of ' Floyd ' topics in VERY good spirit over the last couple of days, but I really think we need to stay off the Manny stuff, here.

You mention Mayweather, Manny's name comes up, you mention Manny, Mayweather's name comes up, there rivals, it would be the biggest fight of all time, i dont mean to be a killjoy either but if you talk to any boxing fans they mention Mayweather v Manny, end of. Because were all excited by the prospect of a fight between the two. And when people mention a fight with Cotto, who Mayweather's ducked numerous times and Manny's destroyed, the names will automatically come together.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Wed 04 May 2011, 4:25 pm

Steven_89 wrote:Don't wish to be a killjoy, fellas, since we've debated a couple of ' Floyd ' topics in VERY good spirit over the last couple of days, but I really think we need to stay off the Manny stuff, here.

You mention Mayweather, Manny's name comes up, you mention Manny, Mayweather's name comes up, there rivals, it would be the biggest fight of all time, i dont mean to be a killjoy either but if you talk to any boxing fans they mention Mayweather v Manny, end of. Because were all excited by the prospect of a fight between the two. And when people mention a fight with Cotto, who Mayweather's ducked numerous times and Manny's destroyed, the names will automatically come together.

Well, I am aware of the history, Steven, but thank you for your concern.

I'm also aware of the trouble caused when we veer off topic, and how difficult it can be to keep the peace, so unless you are going to do that job for me I'll ask you to stay on topic.

Thank you.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed 04 May 2011, 10:41 pm

Back on topic don't see Mayweather fighting in the Cowboys stadium he loves Vegas he hangs out there a lot when he isn't fighting. Not going to happen imo. TBH wouldn't listen to much of what Floyd Snr and Roger Mayweather say they talk sh!t more often than not.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Wed 04 May 2011, 10:49 pm

They do that, but I can see the logic behind it if Mayweather WERE to fight there. Beat the figures set by...oh, no-one in particular, and Bob's your next opponent's crooked promoter.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed 04 May 2011, 10:53 pm

See the point in it but the fact one of the crazy brothers said it makes me think it's bullshit. If the fight with that guy (I forget his name) was to happen I don't think it would be anywhere but Vegas.

Floyd loves Vegas it's his kind of city. Gambling, woman and movie stars right up the money mans street.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Wed 04 May 2011, 11:01 pm

Oh yeah, THAT fight would no doubt be Vegas, but Mr Mayweather's certainly not above a bit of one-upmanship. Still, it WAS mentioned by his uncle, so...I'm not holding my breath

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Thu 05 May 2011, 2:37 am

Well Southpaw the day you show an ounce of knowledge or respect do in fact accuse others of being football fans because they have an opinion that differs from yours.

What has Ortiz done to prove he could beat Mayweather, his style doesn't match up well, he's easy to hit and is prone to getting knocked down hence why I think Mayweather with his under rated power would stop but please call me a football fan again. As for Cotto I simply haven't seen anything from him in his past 4/5 fights that suggests he's the great fighter he once was.
Cotto's a great fighter, no your getting me all wrong people are allowed an opinion with me, i dont think Marquez is great at all and think he's overrated so if you think Cotto's not great that's fine by me, no i've spoke to many a footy fan who say 'Floyd's' this, he's that and can name 1 fight he's had, its laughable, i didnt refer to anyone as a football fan. And i have knowledge of boxing cheers, laughable that you say an ounce of knowledge, seems to me your the one refusing people a view, i boxed amateur and have been brought up around boxing fans, and seen thousands of fights and followed the sport throughout my life, so to say i have not an ounce of knowledge is laughable

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Thu 05 May 2011, 7:37 am

Southpaw your logic has holes in it so large a bus could fit through. Marquez is overrated you say, but that overrated boxer has only a single point separating him from the p4p number one, over 24 rounds. Wanna contradict yourself any more? I think an ounce of knowledge is being generous.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Thu 05 May 2011, 4:20 pm

Southpaw your logic has holes in it so large a bus could fit through. Marquez is overrated you say, but that overrated boxer has only a single point separating him from the p4p number one, over 24 rounds. Wanna contradict yourself any more? I think an ounce of knowledge is being generous.
Hahaha, same old from you, i dont rate him as high as you do, nothing you can do will change that, i've seen all his big fights. He lost and drew, McDermott took Fury to school did he win?. He never won neither fight anyway and definitely never got the nod, the same 'great' who was utterly shocking and way, way out of his depth against Mayweather, is Hatton a great? did he look as pathetic? no did he hell he gave it a go for a few rounds and he was also fighting at a weight he was uncomfortable at, put Marquez in with Bradley, Tim will eat him and get some respect, a little fat lww against a young hungry Yank, Bradley will destroy him.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Thu 05 May 2011, 4:31 pm

You talk so much rubbish it's unreal. Your McDermott argument just reinforces my point about Marquez. Hatton fought Mayweather he was uncomfortable at? He'd fought there before though, and it wasn't two weights above his norm.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Rumour Mill - Mayweather to fight at Cowboys Stadium? - Page 2 Empty Mayweather vs Ortiz Cowboys Stadium September 17th

Post by D4thincarnation Thu 05 May 2011, 6:42 pm

Looks like this fight could be in the works but is this isn't the fight Mayweather should be taking.

Knowing Floyd he well announce this this weekend.

What do people make of this.

Ortiz is still inexperiened, easy to hit and relies more on heart and determination that guile and technique, easy to see why Floyd is plumping for this fight.

Will you want to watch this fight?

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Thu 05 May 2011, 6:45 pm

Probably means Pacquiao has pencilled Ortiz in for this time next year then. Assuming Mayweather wins of course.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next