The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

P.E.D.S issue....overeaction?

+5
jimdig
Diamond in the rough
hampo17
Strongback
ONETWOFOREVER
9 posters

Go down

P.E.D.S issue....overeaction? Empty P.E.D.S issue....overeaction?

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sat 30 Mar 2013, 12:21 am

Kendall Holt has issued this statement in light of the recent developments.

http://www.eastsideboxing.com/2013/statement-by-kendall-holt/

Sounds plausible enough for me that he ws not aware. I know some have been quick to label him a PED user but it seems either really odd or damn brave that he would request WADA testing for the fight with Peterson knowing full well Peterson's recent history with all things PED related.

Is boxing now witnessing a witch hunt? It seems we have a PED story every week now, a dramatic increase from about 8 or 9 months ago. Is this due to more rapid testing? or are the orginizations doing the testing shooting from the hip?

Is it not possible some people caught are innocent?

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

P.E.D.S issue....overeaction? Empty Re: P.E.D.S issue....overeaction?

Post by Strongback Sat 30 Mar 2013, 12:49 am

Sounds like Holt was a bit quick to label Peterson a cheat. If that's where the rumor started the control of information was pretty poor. Holt had a duty of care regarding this information and if his team released the bogus info on Peterson, knowingly or unknowingly, they made a bad error. Peterson could have grounds to sue considering his character took a hit.

In terms of if PED's are a major problem I think a lot of clean fighters must be asking themselves if their opponent is using. No fighter wants to go in at a disadvantage. Once this type of thinking takes hold it's a downward spiral.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sat 30 Mar 2013, 1:21 am

Yes but the way things are going those fighters who suspect that their opponents are using should be worried that THEY themselves will get gripped for something found in their system that they had no knowledge of.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sat 30 Mar 2013, 7:01 am

Didn't Peterson want WADA drug testing before the Khan rematch? Just because they want the tests doesn't mean they're not on anything, just means they don't think they'll get caught.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Diamond in the rough Sat 30 Mar 2013, 7:31 am

I pretty sure about 90+% of boxers do it! After the cycling news the most tested athletes in the world got away with it I would find it strange of more athletes are not doing the same and a boxers only get tested for fights there free to use rest of the time

Diamond in the rough

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sat 30 Mar 2013, 8:08 am

But a knee jerk reaction by the testing companies can do more harm then good. Boxers take supplements which have elements that may show up as banned substances but theres no intent to cheat.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sat 30 Mar 2013, 8:17 am

That's just stupidity then. Enzo Mac did it, bought something over the counter and tested positive. Just need to check what's in the product before you take it.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Sat 30 Mar 2013, 9:57 am

Boxers should be under the same responsibility as other professional athlete's. I.e 100% responsible for what enters their body. They need to know their business, what's on the list of band substances is part of that business.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sat 30 Mar 2013, 10:43 am

They should sign up to a particular brand and leave the onus of ensuring all their supplements are perfectly legit upon them. Same with a meat supplier. Both these things are where the usual problems (unless deliberately taken) arise from - meat from juiced up animals and contaminated supplements.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 30 Mar 2013, 10:45 am

90% + is way out.........But let's face it Boxers aren't known for there intellectual ability and they also are known for enjoying the benefits of strength and power......

Folly to think there isn't a big problem in the sport in the higher weight classes....

Not sure trying to make 122 or something.....steroids would be a good idea as they put on pounds of muscle which would be a nightmare to take off..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sat 30 Mar 2013, 11:25 am

EPO for endurance is apparently very useful for a fighter. Balco were allegedly giving that to fighters.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 30 Mar 2013, 11:27 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:90% + is way out.........But let's face it Boxers aren't known for there intellectual ability and they also are known for enjoying the benefits of strength and power......

Folly to think there isn't a big problem in the sport in the higher weight classes....

Not sure trying to make 122 or something.....steroids would be a good idea as they put on pounds of muscle which would be a nightmare to take off..

Yeah, the way that PEDs are nowadays and the advanced levels of sophistication that are put behind them I don't imagine its just muscles that are being enhanced to get bigger, plenty of other things that they cvan help with your body come fight night I'm imagining.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Makaveli Sat 30 Mar 2013, 12:28 pm

I think they help with stamina aswel if am not mistaken. For me there is no excuse wether you take anything knowingly or unknowingly, disclose every bit of information about any supplements or medication you have been taking and let the testers do the rest.

The best way around PEDS cheats is to have them tested once a month or something, monitier them all year around, that way they wont be able to take them undercover and then all of a sudden stop taking them a they get nearer the fight date,

Makaveli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down