The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How many would the All Blacks beat a Rest of the World team by?

+18
OzT
glamorganalun
nganboy
wales606
kiakahaaotearoa
flyhalffactory
bsando
Biltong
majesticimperialman
offload
Sgt_Pooly
yappysnap
english warrior
The Great Aukster
Taylorman
t1000advancedprototype
RubyGuby
dallym
22 posters

Go down

3 test series. What would be the result?

How many would the All Blacks beat a Rest of the World team by? Vote_lcap31%How many would the All Blacks beat a Rest of the World team by? Vote_rcap 31% 
[ 10 ]
How many would the All Blacks beat a Rest of the World team by? Vote_lcap19%How many would the All Blacks beat a Rest of the World team by? Vote_rcap 19% 
[ 6 ]
How many would the All Blacks beat a Rest of the World team by? Vote_lcap0%How many would the All Blacks beat a Rest of the World team by? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
How many would the All Blacks beat a Rest of the World team by? Vote_lcap50%How many would the All Blacks beat a Rest of the World team by? Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 16 ]

Total Votes : 32

How many would the All Blacks beat a Rest of the World team by? Empty How many would the All Blacks beat a Rest of the World team by?

Post by dallym Sat 30 Mar 2013, 2:14 am

Greetings and salutations!

Everybody knows that the best rugby team on the planet is the All Blacks. The All Blacks are head and shoulders above everybody else, suffering only the occasional loss. Last year they lost on the End of Year tour for the first time in a decade. The ABs have held the Bledisloe over their arch rivals for a decade. Since the new milennium began, only in 2009 has the Springboks have had the edge over the All Blacks, and that was because of abysmal rule interpretations.

Last time a group of nations combined to face the All Blacks (the British and Irish Lions in 2005) the All Blacks comprehensively won, with the Lions struggling to avoid utter humiliation.

Last year was supposed to see the All Blacks fall back to the pack. World Cup winners traditionally have suffered a "hangover" in the following season, and the All Blacks were introducing a large amount of new ABs. But this hangover didn't eventuate as the All Blacks domination continued as it has for over a century.

Looking at the other countries, it is hard to fathom a rest of the world team coming close to beating the All Blacks. New Zealand have absolute class in every position.

So what would happen if there was a test series between the All Blacks and the Rest of the World (and with adequete preparation time to ensure both teams were at their peak). Would New Zealand win 3-0 or 2-1? And what would the Rest of the World XXIII look like?

dallym

Back to top Go down

How many would the All Blacks beat a Rest of the World team by? Empty Re: How many would the All Blacks beat a Rest of the World team by?

Post by RubyGuby Sat 30 Mar 2013, 8:44 am

It would largely depend on what they had to eat in the days before the Test matches thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

How many would the All Blacks beat a Rest of the World team by? Empty Re: How many would the All Blacks beat a Rest of the World team by?

Post by t1000advancedprototype Sat 30 Mar 2013, 10:05 am

They barely beat France at home and lost to England.

t1000advancedprototype

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Sat 30 Mar 2013, 10:12 am

I'd say theyd have a good chance as it wouldnt be a one off thumbsup

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great Aukster Sat 30 Mar 2013, 10:23 am

Fantasy teams stand no chance against settled Test units (that's why the Lions have hardly any chance of victory), so 3-0 home or away.

Of course if such a fantasy team played say 12/16 games before facing the Blacks then they would have a chance.

The Great Aukster

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Sat 30 Mar 2013, 10:29 am

Last time the ABs played the world xv in a test they lost one of 3 in 1992, the '6th' test side to beat NZ.

So I'll go with 2-1...again. thumbsup

Sat, 25 Apr 1992 TO 3 New Zealand v World XV 26-15 Eden Park, Auckland
Wed, 22 Apr 1992 TO 2 New Zealand v World XV 54-26 Athletic Park, Wellington
Sat, 18 Apr 1992 TO 1 New Zealand v World XV 14-28 Lancaster Park, Christchurch

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great Aukster Sat 30 Mar 2013, 10:34 am

In 1992 teams were only learning to be professional. That ABs team for all their heroes wouldn't compete with the current ABs team.

The Great Aukster

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Sat 30 Mar 2013, 10:42 am

Didnt say they would. And the 1992 team isnt playing the current team in this scenario. Its just an 'instance' of a similar occurrance of the op.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by english warrior Sat 30 Mar 2013, 11:15 am

Well even if the rest of the world won, the AB's would claim victory because no AB team is ever beaten, they only lose due to factors beyond thier control such as the oft quoted 'Food poisoning' which accounts for 90% of all AB losses and is my personal favourite, Wayne Barnes even if he wasn't officiating would be trotted out and the tilt of the earts axis may well be invoked.

So 3- 0 for the AB's whatever the result. 'suzie the waitress' will always come to the AB's help and deliver a win, or a Moral victory at worst! Rolling Eyes

english warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Sat 30 Mar 2013, 11:23 am

english warrior wrote:Well even if the rest of the world won, the AB's would claim victory because no AB team is ever beaten, they only lose due to factors beyond thier control such as the oft quoted 'Food poisoning' which accounts for 90% of all AB losses and is my personal favourite, Wayne Barnes even if he wasn't officiating would be trotted out and the tilt of the earts axis may well be invoked.

So 3- 0 for the AB's whatever the result. 'suzie the waitress' will always come to the AB's help and deliver a win, or a Moral victory at worst! Rolling Eyes

Cool...glad someone finally gets it. thumbsup

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Sat 30 Mar 2013, 11:55 am

Insightful and fact based analysis by English Warrior as per usual.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 30 Mar 2013, 11:57 am

The Great Aukster wrote:Fantasy teams stand no chance against settled Test units (that's why the Lions have hardly any chance of victory), so 3-0 home or away.

Of course if such a fantasy team played say 12/16 games before facing the Blacks then they would have a chance.

Agree with that.

We could just put the England XV out and settle for series win Smile

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by offload Sat 30 Mar 2013, 12:34 pm

Well who knows - the AB's could choke (again!), cheat (as usual), or moan about having to do their little dance in the changing room (where it belongs).

So who knows - and let's face it, who the hell cares.
offload
offload

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Sat 30 Mar 2013, 12:41 pm

I guess it would all depend on who is in the rest of the world team. abd of course if you all talking about the current day All Blacks. Or an All Black team in the future.

This current All Black squad, would in my opinion lose to the rest of the world, if they (pick the best of the rest )of the world that is.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sat 30 Mar 2013, 12:52 pm

offload wrote:Well who knows - the AB's could choke (again!), cheat (as usual), or moan about having to do their little dance in the changing room (where it belongs).

such a negative comment on an otherwise positive thread.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Sat 30 Mar 2013, 1:35 pm

1. Tendai mtawarira
2. Bismark Du Plessis
3. Sekope Kepu
4. Eben Etzbeth
5. Nathan Sharpe (Capt) (he may have recently retired but he's my fav lock)
6. Dave Dennis
7. Justin Tipuric
8. Louis Picamoles
9. Will Genia
10. Patrick Lambie
11. Tim Visser
12. Ben Tapuai
13. Adam Ashley Cooper
14. James o'connor
15. Stuart Hogg

16. Thomas Domingo
17. Richard Hibbard
18. Dan Cole
19. Alan wyn Jones
20. Josh Strauss
21. Nickola Matawalu
22. Leigh Halfpenny
23. Bryan Habana

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Sat 30 Mar 2013, 5:31 pm

Biltong wrote:
offload wrote:Well who knows - the AB's could choke (again!), cheat (as usual), or moan about having to do their little dance in the changing room (where it belongs).

such a negative comment on an otherwise positive thread.

Yes its interesting where the little green man pops up every now and then. Mind you...the OP would draw that sort of thing. Not as bad as I thought it would be actually.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by flyhalffactory Sat 30 Mar 2013, 8:02 pm

green eyed monster!!

Tumbleweed

bah Cry Drool
flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Sat 30 Mar 2013, 9:44 pm

The ABs recently don't know how to lose to Australia. Even when we play badly.

I too thought the OP would attract more bites. Don't know if I would like to see a World XV match series against the Abs. Would prefer a 3 match series in Sa for example.

The barbarians beat us the last time we played them. It was a very handy side but I don't get excited for those kinds of matches anymore. It just feels like a tag on match. Maybe if it were a series it would hold more intrigue. But I prefer traditional 3 match series.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sat 30 Mar 2013, 10:10 pm

bsando wrote:
15. Stuart Hogg

Big claim there, I don't think the Lions will see it that way
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Sat 30 Mar 2013, 10:25 pm

kiakahaaotearoa wrote:The ABs recently don't know how to lose to Australia. Even when we play badly.

I too thought the OP would attract more bites. Don't know if I would like to see a World XV match series against the Abs. Would prefer a 3 match series in Sa for example.

The barbarians beat us the last time we played them. It was a very handy side but I don't get excited for those kinds of matches anymore. It just feels like a tag on match. Maybe if it were a series it would hold more intrigue. But I prefer traditional 3 match series.

Agree. The national pride thing and this history of competition matters in test matches. Fans and players identify with it more.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by dallym Sun 31 Mar 2013, 2:09 am

bsando wrote:1. Tendai mtawarira
2. Bismark Du Plessis
3. Sekope Kepu
4. Eben Etzbeth
5. Nathan Sharpe (Capt) (he may have recently retired but he's my fav lock)
6. Dave Dennis
7. Justin Tipuric
8. Louis Picamoles
9. Will Genia
10. Patrick Lambie
11. Tim Visser
12. Ben Tapuai
13. Adam Ashley Cooper
14. James o'connor
15. Stuart Hogg

16. Thomas Domingo
17. Richard Hibbard
18. Dan Cole
19. Alan wyn Jones
20. Josh Strauss
21. Nickola Matawalu
22. Leigh Halfpenny
23. Bryan Habana

go through that list, and maybe Bismarck, Genia and JOC are better than the All Black opposing them. Maybe the Beast too if Woody's form continues to slip

dallym

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Sun 31 Mar 2013, 2:16 am

wales606 wrote:
bsando wrote:
15. Stuart Hogg

For his attacking ability Wales606 Wink and his ridiculously long boot. He was epic against Munster this weekend, a crazy try and some really nice kicks, plus he caught some really nice high balls. HP is super consistent but isn't as amazing in attack as Beale and Hogg imo, which I think you'd need in your fullback if you wanna beat AB's.

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Sun 31 Mar 2013, 2:23 am

Dallym - Yeah the AB's are just ridiculously good aren't they? Their new players coming through just ow are unreal. Savea I think it is, he looked like a freak when I saw him score a few vs Scotland last year, stunning to watch.

But they do have off days, seen Wallabies outclass them several times, I think they're the only team that consistently challenge the AB's really hence why I think you'd need a lot of them in the rest of the world team.

It would be so cool if they actually did a series like this. I would definitely pay a lot to see it.

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 31 Mar 2013, 10:13 am

1. Domingo
2. BdP
3. Mas
4. Etzebeth
5. Gray

I think that front 5 could do some serious damage to the AB's. As good as they are I think only Whitelock would push for a start in world XV.

Backrow is harder with McCaw & Read arguably the best in their respective positions. Perhaps:

6. Ferris
7. Pocock
8. Parrisse

Could run them close, AB's miss a top 6 with Kaino away.

9. Genia
10. Sexton

Pivot a strong area for the AB's, Carter & Cruden are arguably the best 2 in the world. Genia a class above Smith though.

12. Fofana
13. Tuilagi

Pace and power, I think this pairing could give the AB's a good game.

11. North
14. Habana
15. JOC

AB's immense in the back 3 but this combo could be devastating in open play.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great Aukster Mon 01 Apr 2013, 9:20 am

Taylorman wrote:Didnt say they would. And the 1992 team isnt playing the current team in this scenario. Its just an 'instance' of a similar occurrance of the op.

In a less professional era the gap between the ABs and the rest of the world team is likely to be less than today. There are more tests now and far more opportunities to practice together ergo the modern settled Test side should win every game against a scratch side.

The Great Aukster

Back to top Go down

Post by nganboy Wed 03 Apr 2013, 6:12 pm

One thing that people go on about is how rarely the ABs lose. But the reality is that they pretty much lose one or two games every year. Henry ended up with something like 85% wins. That means 15% loses or. draws (same in my mind).
Even last year people talk about the loss to England but what about the draw with Aus and the scraping past Ireland in the 2nd test.
nganboy
nganboy

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Wed 03 Apr 2013, 7:57 pm

England is the closest to the rest of the World team, the AB's got stuffed in that match so ROW 3-0.

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Apr 2013, 10:35 pm

If Chris Robshaw was captain the rest of the world would win by at least 50 points

Back to top Go down

Post by OzT Wed 03 Apr 2013, 11:43 pm

glamorganalun wrote:England is the closest to the rest of the World team, the AB's got stuffed in that match so ROW 3-0.

Smile

OzT

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Thu 04 Apr 2013, 5:52 am

The Great Aukster wrote:
In a less professional era the gap between the ABs and the rest of the world team is likely to be less than today. There are more tests now and far more opportunities to practice together ergo the modern settled Test side should win every game against a scratch side.

Thats an ominous statement Aukster, given the upcoming Lions tour, effectively a scratch side that doesnt even include the stronger nations, and, as of today, have never played or trained together.

If you're correct then its a prediction of ...doooooom!

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Thu 04 Apr 2013, 9:13 am

wales606 wrote:
bsando wrote:
15. Stuart Hogg

Yay. The Hogg Vs 1/2p arguement again!

Hogg is the better attacker, 1/2p is the better defender. It will purely come down to how Gatland wants to play the game! I think we will see 1/2p start the first test as he is solid and Gats can use him to see what the Ozzies do. I think you wil then see Hogg start the 2nd test and then depending on who plays well, either man starting the 3rd test!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Thu 04 Apr 2013, 9:23 am

tigertattie wrote:
wales606 wrote:
bsando wrote:
15. Stuart Hogg

Yay. The Hogg Vs 1/2p arguement again!

Hogg is the better attacker, 1/2p is the better defender. It will purely come down to how Gatland wants to play the game! I think we will see 1/2p start the first test as he is solid and Gats can use him to see what the Ozzies do. I think you wil then see Hogg start the 2nd test and then depending on who plays well, either man starting the 3rd test!

Which translated means...play Hogg and take the game to the Ozzies, play 1/2p and let the Ozzies take the game to the Lions...hmmm...which to choose Gatts chin

Its a toughey...

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by GloriousEmpire Thu 04 Apr 2013, 9:30 am

I can't believe it's snowing in April. What in the name of the redeemer is going on?

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Thu 04 Apr 2013, 9:33 am

glamorganalun wrote:England is the closest to the rest of the World team, the AB's got stuffed in that match so ROW 3-0.
It's because Wales are playing all the English players. It must be weird to watch your side full to the brim of English lads.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by disneychilly Thu 04 Apr 2013, 12:35 pm

If I were to pick a team to play NZ Dusautoir would be the first name on the list. Talk about a bete noire. Or bete bleue in this case (now that Nike isn't there to make the jerseys clash any more).

disneychilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down