The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

*NEW* v2 Boxing podcast with David Price

+8
88Chris05
John Bloody Wayne
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
TRUSSMAN66
azania
Strongback
Seanusarrilius
Adam D
12 posters

Go down

*NEW* v2 Boxing podcast with David Price Empty *NEW* v2 Boxing podcast with David Price

Post by Adam D Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:55 pm

On this Easter Monday,, I had the pleasure of being joined by David Price after the announcement of his rematch with Tony Thompson on July 6th at the Liverpool Echo Arena.

During the interview, David talked about his expectations for the rematch and what he thinks went wrong in the first match - he also clears up why the punch knocked him down.

David also talks about the heavyweight scene, as well as looking at the amateur scene transition to the pro ranks.

The final part of the interview covers David courtship of the press compared to the likes of David Haye and Tyson Fury - David even has an uncharacteristic go at Tyson - maybe a sign of things to come from him!

Hopefully you enjoy the interview and will join me in wishing David well in his rematch.

You can now subscribe to the podcast on iTunes here https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/v2-boxings-podcast/id623860606?mt=2

If you want to get in touch with the v2 podcast team, please email us on boxing@v2journal.com and make sure to follow us on Twitter @v2journal

Click here to listen - http://v2journal.com/16/post/2013/04/v2-boxing-podcast-with-david-price.html

Dont forget to check out our other shows and let us know what you think of this weeks guest.

Previous shows:
Eddie Chambers - 27th March
Deontay Wilder - 19th March
Brian Rose - 3rd March
Tyson Fury - 21st Feb
Nathan Cleverly - 14th Feb
Martin Murray - 6th Feb
Frank Maloney - 22nd January
Alex Arthur - 10th January
Scott Quigg - 20th December
Eubank Jr - 5th December

http://v2journal.com/16/post/2013/04/v2-boxing-podcast-with-david-price.html

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

*NEW* v2 Boxing podcast with David Price Empty Re: *NEW* v2 Boxing podcast with David Price

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:57 pm

Another coup for the forum. Onward, upward, victory!

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

*NEW* v2 Boxing podcast with David Price Empty Re: *NEW* v2 Boxing podcast with David Price

Post by Strongback Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:24 pm

Another good interview. It's good to hear these guys away from the hype.

It was good that Price was talking at length without the interviewer feeling the need to ask lots of questions. Price had space to fill the time. Parkinson always said people open up more when they are allowed to talk.

Given Price chooses his words so carefully he's never likely to come out with a big revelation. He did seem very genuine about the Thompson fight not being about money, that will come later. Admitting he is taking a hell of a risk and saying he will be very nervous on the night was honest.

The improvements are obvious. The spoken intro needs work.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:37 pm

Well done lads. OK

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:48 pm

Thanks for the feedback.

As for the intro - I had to do two takes on it as it was! Price must have thought I was right nob! None of this fancy editing - its one take or nothing once it gets going!

Got a few more names lined up but its getting harder to get the big names now.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:54 pm

One take is hard.

Maybe the intro could be toned down a notch to avoid over egging it.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:57 pm

What do you mean toned down?

As in the music should be shorter/ quieter?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:12 pm

Like when an actor over eggs a performance. What I mean is maybe don't try too hard as it's probably easy to sound like a generic pop radio DJ without meaning to. Possibly play it a bit a cooler, it will sound more professional I think. The fighters are giving serious interviews so I reckon the tone of the intro should be similar. It's all show business, it just how its pitched.

BTW I can see you having a future in the media.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:18 pm

Strongback wrote:Like when an actor over eggs a performance. What I mean is maybe don't try too hard as it's probably easy to sound like a generic pop radio DJ without meaning to. Possibly play it a bit a cooler, it will sound more professional I think. The fighters are giving serious interviews so I reckon the tone of the intro should be similar. It's all show business, it just how its pitched.

BTW I can see you having a future in the media.

That would be the dream - my school career guidance guy said I would go on to be a gameshow host....

In all seriousness, I would love to do that but unfortunately, age is against me! I did a couple of interviews at the darts in Glasgow the other night which were fun.

I know what you mean about the intro now - not sure on how to respond. With someone like Price, it comes over as innapropriate as he isnt very animated himself but with someone like Wilder ("boooooomb Squad") it seemed to fit better. Not sure on how to play it - think it does need to have some energy but maybe not as much as I have been doing.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:21 pm

Flattery will get you everywhere Strongy!! Wink

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:38 pm

You never know. After you have built up a good collection of interviews maybe a Matchroom or Box Nation might give you an opportunity to do some freelance work. There is a lot of sports media on the internet but a lot of it is crap. The good stuff shines out.

Maybe you will develop a few different intro styles depending on the fighter. I still reckon its important not to try too hard, your voice sounds like a professional broadcaster without you have to try too much. The danger of over doing it is sounding cheesy.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:47 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Flattery will get you everywhere Strongy!! Wink

Just throwing out an opinion.

I'm impressed when people get up and do things. It's good to get a little feedback.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:54 pm

Okay......It wasn't a criticism..... raspberry Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:15 pm

Don't worry I won't be challenging your status as King of the Mod Butt Lickers.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:24 pm

You should...you're out of my league.. Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:26 am

Half way through the podcast you hear a light breeze and a massive thud followed by a dead dial tone.

Price caught cold again!!!
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:28 pm

That voice....

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:37 pm

John Bloody Wayne wrote:That voice....

As I know you're a podcast fan, JBW, I'm doing my best to pull some strings and get Ronald McIntosh on for you!
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:53 pm

Chris, please, please don't say it if you don't mean it.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by sweet_pea Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:31 pm

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:Half way through the podcast you hear a light breeze and a massive thud followed by a dead dial tone.

Price caught cold again!!!

at the start of the podcast, when prices phone rings, holds it to his ear **THUDDDD**

hello? .....helloo??
sweet_pea
sweet_pea

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:46 pm

Just added the iTunes Link to my android podcast app! Cheers!

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:57 pm

Just been catching up with the last few podcasts. Great work lads.

Nice to see that Price didn't really make any excuses and seems down to earth. Although to be fair nearly all of the interviewees have done so far.

Just a thought but have you tried to get Michael Buffer at all? That would be a very interesting interview.

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:20 pm

We have a few names we're working on at the moment. Some huge, some not so huge but suggestions are always welcome. I'll see how easy it is to get touch with Buffer.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:26 pm

Great stuff Paul. The list of people you have had on already is much more impressive than I think most of us expected when you guys started doing them. Just goes to show how far the site in general and the boxing section especially has come. Between the efforts put in here and the knowledge of older or obscure boxers from plenty of posters makes this place a pleasure to come to.

Keep up the good work.

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down