The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can "Soulberg" reach the upper-card?

+4
Lowlandbrit
Dolphin Ziggler
Kay Fabe
kingraf
8 posters

Go down

Can "Soulberg" reach the upper-card? Empty Can "Soulberg" reach the upper-card?

Post by kingraf Wed 03 Apr 2013, 1:28 pm

Soulberg, in case you didnt know, is an alias for Big E Langston. I like the look of the guy.

Really cool looking finisher
Really intense image
Has a valet on speed dial (AJ)
Looks like Carlton from Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.

Whats not to like?
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Can "Soulberg" reach the upper-card? Empty Re: Can "Soulberg" reach the upper-card?

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 03 Apr 2013, 1:55 pm

: Calton from the Fresh Prince!!!! That's who the hell it is, that's been bugging me for months, thanks man OK

I don't like him, don't like his role, I also don't think he's that menacing looking, he's stacked but he looks a midget when he's put against someone over 5'10, he just seems out of place, I really don't like his finisher either to be honest, I can't see what damage its meant to do

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Can "Soulberg" reach the upper-card? Empty Re: Can "Soulberg" reach the upper-card?

Post by kingraf Wed 03 Apr 2013, 2:00 pm

I'm not completely sure what damage it does either, but its really cool looking, for me.
I mean, what damage is a firemans carry? It doesnt even have the element of suprise a la RKO.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 03 Apr 2013, 2:04 pm

Hey, you don't need to sell me on the lack of merit and AA has, I've been a critic of it for years, I don't think that move should be held as the barometer of what is and isn't acceptable though

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 03 Apr 2013, 2:09 pm

I'm a big fan personally, my favourite on NXT when I watched. Athletic and powerful, agile and strong, he mixed his moves well and dominated opponents without slowly grinding the win. He's also reasonably confident on the mic, even if the tone of some of his mic work so far hasn't settled well.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 03 Apr 2013, 2:11 pm

Then where would you hold the benchmark?
I can imagine a running clothesline from a 295lbs man (JBL) could knock a person out.
While RVD's mid-air direction change frog-splash was SICK.
the RKO, for me doesnt look overly painful, but I love the suprise factor.

Who can forget the all-powerful Hogan Leg-drop. It would look better in retrospect if The Big Show didnt use it almost every match without winning from it.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 03 Apr 2013, 2:13 pm

It's like people complaining about the people's elbow winning a match, you kind of have to accept that designated finishing moves are meant to hurt more. Zigglers finisher is particularly awful, yet whilst many of us ask him to use the superkick, why is one kick better than a running dropkick or a big boot?

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 03 Apr 2013, 2:17 pm

I can buy into the RKO as I feel its a stunning finisher and I always liked the Diamond Cutter, it should be remembered that its supposedly a kneckbreaker, if you keep that in mind its easier to buy into it as a finisher

I hated the big Leg drop, again though it is what it is, I didn't like anything about Hogan growing up, particularly the early 90s Hogan and I never seen why that move could keep anyone down, again though I'd not have held that finisher at the time as the benchmark

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 03 Apr 2013, 2:19 pm

chris.wilkerson13 wrote:It's like people complaining about the people's elbow winning a match, you kind of have to accept that designated finishing moves are meant to hurt more. Zigglers finisher is particularly awful, yet whilst many of us ask him to use the superkick, why is one kick better than a running dropkick or a big boot?

I don't mind the People's Elbow finishing a match if its delivered directly after a Rock Bottom, without a Rock Bottom though it looks cheap, I still feel Punk dropping the belt to Rock with an Elbow drop was a shambles and made no-one look good

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 03 Apr 2013, 2:22 pm

I'd pretty much agree, it only works as a winning move at the end of a long match with a lot of near falls or on a weak opponent (not that he has them nowadays)

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 03 Apr 2013, 2:27 pm

GTS- Now that looks concussive, no?

Rating my top 10 finishers
1) RKO
2) Frog splash
3) The Last Ride (screw the tombstone, this makes me mark)
4) Trouble in paradise (Its a busy finisher)
5) Miz figure four (I reserved judgement initially, but I decided I like it.)
6) Worlds Strongest Slam
7) White Noise
8) Del Rio's cross arm bar
9) Yes! Lock
10) Walls of Jericho

If I compiled this list while the E had a cruiserweight division, it would have been very different
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Wed 03 Apr 2013, 2:30 pm

He's a shorter, wider, less talented Cena. If they keep him as a hoss he won't make it, if he learns some new moves (pretty much all he can do right now is his finisher and running into people) he might get somewhere. Zeke 2.0 imo though.

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 03 Apr 2013, 2:37 pm

He hasn't had a match properly on WWE TV and from the matches I watched on NXT he certainly has a decent moveset

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Wed 03 Apr 2013, 4:09 pm

I won't judge him until I see him wrestle but from what I've seen so far I like him.

As for finishing moves I've always been confused that a move like The Rock Bottom will put someone away but a superplex won't. There are loads of moves that I see and just think "so which part of that was the painful bit?"...for me the GTS is sold correctly is the most painful looking finisher (well, maybe second behind the Shattered Dreams).

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 03 Apr 2013, 4:25 pm

he had a very good match with Seth Rollins, to be fair.
Seth Rollins finisher is pretty awful, though
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Wed 03 Apr 2013, 4:55 pm

I'm not sure if you mean the Shiranui/Skywalker but it looks pretty cool here.
Though I saw it against Big E though and it didn't look as bad.

And the Blackout looks cool if done properly.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Wed 03 Apr 2013, 10:47 pm

I really like Big E, I don't know how far he can go as he's unusually short for a big man, but he's powerful yet agile and seems to have charisma, though as Chris said its not really been given any direction.

I wouldn't base anything about him off his Raw work though, he has as lowlandbrit said, been limited to his finisher (though it looked beasting on Kane the other night) and running into people, but he's looked very good on NXT, where he is champion, wrestling reasonably lengthed matches and getting over with a very dated gimmick (FIVE! FIVE! FIVE!)

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Thu 04 Apr 2013, 9:12 am

Dr Gregory House MD wrote:he's looked very good on NXT, where he is champion, wrestling reasonably lengthed matches
Most of his matches on NXT have been squashes, and even in his longer matches he's mainly running into the other guy. The only reason they got the title match with Rollins to run so long is because the Shield were beating him down for about 5 minutes straight. I'm not saying people are wrong for liking him, but let's not pretend he's a master technician.

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu 04 Apr 2013, 9:53 am

Oh, and
Batista
Mark Henry
Ryback
are?
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 04 Apr 2013, 10:34 am

I think for all the abuse Batista got and believe me I gave him more than most, he was on a different level to the soul man, he also had the benefit of working closely with Ric Flair and Triple H, that kind of experiance to a big raw guy is invaluable, he also didn't look like a midget with muscles or have a ridiculous babyface, one of the main reasons I don't think Bobby Lashley would ever make it to the top in the WWE

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu 04 Apr 2013, 10:53 am

But, Langston is country strong! I think that could be his making. He was a powerlifter, rather than a body builder before he joined the E. He is probably in the 99th percentile of strong men in Wwe history.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu 04 Apr 2013, 10:55 am

Besides Choc Lesnar is working with Ziggy. While not exactly Flair, I think he can learn a lot there
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu 04 Apr 2013, 11:19 am

kingraf wrote:Besides Choc Lesnar is working with Ziggy. While not exactly Flair, I think he can learn a lot there

Like how to sell choc ices?

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu 04 Apr 2013, 12:05 pm

I like Big E, but he does look like a midget in this photo

images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110326143328/prowrestling/images/thumb/b/be/Big_E._Langston.jpg/200px-Big_E._Langston.jpg
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Thu 04 Apr 2013, 12:15 pm

I just looked it up and his billed height is 5'11 but from what I remember don't they add a few inches to make people sound more imposing than they are?

If he is 5'11 then he's my height and no wonder his body ratio is a bit off haha

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Makaveli Thu 04 Apr 2013, 12:34 pm

I like his finisher but he jus doesnt have the looks to make him look like a hero or a heal, his got a baby face, and even my little cousins who are 10 and 8 respectivley both said to me he looks like a woman realy doubt he will get any where, this time next year hell be forgotten

Makaveli

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 05 Apr 2013, 4:52 am

He's not a technical magician but people are making him out to be some sort of Cena wannabe. He is surprisingly quick and agile, he certainly has it in him to put on some fantastic matches

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down