The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Charlie Haas no longer a member of the ROH roster?

+6
Hero
Nakatomi Plaza
kingraf
Aaronb33
Kay Fabe
Sarsippius
10 posters

Go down

Charlie Haas no longer a member of the ROH roster? Empty Charlie Haas no longer a member of the ROH roster?

Post by Sarsippius Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:35 pm

Charlie Haas is no longer a member of the ROH roster after a backstage altercation with Grizzly Redwood last Saturday at ROH's house show in North Carolina.

According to sources, tension had been building between the underneath talent and Haas for a long period of time. A lot of the underneath talent considered Haas a bully. The problem was said to have been Haas, who is used to the WWE style of doing things backstage where there’s a pecking order as opposed to the ROH way of doing things where all the guys help and motivate each other, trying to bring that WWE philosophy to the ROH locker room.

Saturday in N.C., Haas was said to have not been himself and he appeared to be intoxicated backstage.

The story is that Haas and Redwood had gotten into an argument several weeks ago. They then got into a backstage argument during intermission on Saturday and ROH booker Hunter Johnson (Delirious) yelled at both guys and Haas went crazy. Kevin Kelly tried to calm things down, but indications are that Haas turned on him as well. Management did not want Haas to wrestle, but they felt they could not stop him from going to the ring.

Several people that attended the event live said they could hear the commotion going on backstage right before Haas was set to come out and wrestle Jeff Neal after intermission. Haas came out for his match and announced his retirement. According to sources, management turned off his mic, but Haas could still be heard taking shots at Johnson and Kelly. Haas ended up changing the finish of his match and lost to Neal. Live reports coming out of the event indicated that Haas was crying during the match and appeared to be intoxicated.

After the match, Haas tried to cut another promo, but management refused to give him a mic. Haas then shouted his promo without a mic and announced his match this weekend on ROH’s “Supercard of Honor” iPPV was off and took shots at Kelly and Delirious before leaving the ring.

According to one source, a lot of the wrestlers are disappointed in Haas’s actions. Redwood is a popular figure backstage and it was said to have made Haas look bad for allegedly bullying someone much smaller than him. Another source also noted that Haas was likely fired before going out in front of the fans and making a “retirement speech” in order to save face.

According to Chris Shore of Prowrestling.Net, Haas changed clothes and left the building quickly in an agitated state. Shore also noted the situation was addressed with the locker room after the show was over.

Source: pwtorch.com

Sarsippius

Back to top Go down

Charlie Haas no longer a member of the ROH roster? Empty Re: Charlie Haas no longer a member of the ROH roster?

Post by Kay Fabe Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:51 pm

I heard about this, I always felt Hass was one of the nicer guys, strange what can often happen to guys when they feel as if they're a bog fish in the smaller pond, Hass is what he is, I'd have a guy like Hass on my roster every single day but he'd be a Tag Team guy, no more no less, the kind of guy who as part of a team go out and get the crowd warmed up for the bigger stars on the card.

I don't believe he's done with Wrestling, unless he's got a pretty good explanation for his actions though he might have burned more bridges than he'd care to realise though

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Charlie Haas no longer a member of the ROH roster? Empty Re: Charlie Haas no longer a member of the ROH roster?

Post by Aaronb33 Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:37 pm

I read that at some point in all of this, Haas said he was going to "Beat the hepatitis out of Nigel McGuinness." On a scale of 1-10, how wrong is it that I laughed my nads off at that?

Aaronb33

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:39 pm

I hope he did say that, since Nige is clear now I'm lookinf for any excuse to try and get his juices for the business flowing again

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:48 pm

so whatever happened to Shelton Benjamin?
(I apologise, but I cant think of these two as seperate people, when I hear about one, I wonder about the other)
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:05 pm

I read that Shelton's on the ROH roster. He was supposed to wrestle Haas in New York over the WrestleMania weekend.

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:35 pm

I thought that was part of why Haas quit?
Shelton left ROH in hope of a return to WWE, that didn't materialise and Haas wanted ROH to resign him to reform WGTT, they weren't forthcoming and he went off on a drunken rant.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:46 pm

Well, I hope they do. These two could have been a great tag-team. Maybe there is enough time for them to be a very good one?
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:50 pm

ROH fans aren't really sure what to make of it yet, as there has been whispers that this was a work (I know, some effort right!) in some effort to refuse taking part in his match against long time friend and tag partner Shelton Benjamin. I've also heard that with the recent passing of Flair JR, this was enough for him to sit back and evaluate how much longer he wants to continue. Either way though, the timing of this was very strange to say at the least but I guess we'll find out on Friday.

With the match at SCOH, it could either go 1 or 2 ways. He could return running in attacking Shelton with the match going on as planned or they could bring in a last minute replacement, there's plenty of wrestlers on hand so this will not be a major issue.

For the record, Shelton is no longer contracted to ROH, he asked for his release, but still continues to work for ROH, on special appearence basis just like Homicide and Rhino do. There's no doubt that he's still trying to get into WWE

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:00 pm

Benjamin is currently in new japan

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:54 pm

The_Enigma wrote:ROH fans aren't really sure what to make of it yet, as there has been whispers that this was a work (I know, some effort right!) in some effort to refuse taking part in his match against long time friend and tag partner Shelton Benjamin. I've also heard that with the recent passing of Flair JR, this was enough for him to sit back and evaluate how much longer he wants to continue. Either way though, the timing of this was very strange to say at the least but I guess we'll find out on Friday.

With the match at SCOH, it could either go 1 or 2 ways. He could return running in attacking Shelton with the match going on as planned or they could bring in a last minute replacement, there's plenty of wrestlers on hand so this will not be a major issue.

For the record, Shelton is no longer contracted to ROH, he asked for his release, but still continues to work for ROH, on special appearence basis just like Homicide and Rhino do. There's no doubt that he's still trying to get into WWE

Im sure he could just ring up his old room mate Brock Lesnar and ask him to put in a good word. After all Benjamin taught him everything he knows!

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cena's Speech writer Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:47 pm

I work in a bar in Houston, and we had Hassan Assad (MVP) in shortly after the place opened a few months back. I tried to be professional, but couldn't help but ask who was the toughest guy in the locker room when he was with the WWE - and I was surprised when he said the Undertaker, and Shelton Benjamin!

John Cena's Speech writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down