The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Intergender tag match planned for WrestleMania

+9
NickisBHAFC
kingraf
JJJohnson
Dr Gregory House MD
Amy
Crimey
Kay Fabe
x12x
VDT
13 posters

Go down

Another Intergender tag match planned for WrestleMania Empty Another Intergender tag match planned for WrestleMania

Post by VDT Wed 03 Apr 2013, 4:59 pm

WrestlingRumors.net are reporting that "The WWE Tag Team Championship match between Team Hell No and the team of Dolph Ziggler and Big E Langston at WrestleMania 29 will be changed to a six-person mixed-gender tag match.

WWE hinted at an AJ/Kaitlyn feud a couple weeks ago, though the Divas Champion was absent from this past week’s episode of RAW. It is possible the two ladies will be inserted into the match, at which point both titles would go to whichever team wins the match.

Though changes are constantly happening in terms of the show rundown, WWE is attempting to get things set just days from its biggest event of the entire year."

HOW EXCITING!!! Does this mean the Phat Jobbers match will be moved to the pre-show? Which will be disappointing Whistle
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Another Intergender tag match planned for WrestleMania Empty Re: Another Intergender tag match planned for WrestleMania

Post by x12x Wed 03 Apr 2013, 8:41 pm

This just goes to show how important the diva division is to the WWE, I know a lot of us joke about "toilet breaks" but WWE are hardly going to change that if they keep booking the division like this.

I miss the days of Lita, Trish and Chyna.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Another Intergender tag match planned for WrestleMania Empty Re: Another Intergender tag match planned for WrestleMania

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 03 Apr 2013, 8:53 pm

I don't, I couldn't give a monkey's about the womans division, never have never will, there is some extremely talented famales out there but womans Wrestling just doesn't interest me, use them for what they are, eye candy, valets, trouble making gf's ect...Wrestlers? Nope not for me

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Wed 03 Apr 2013, 8:55 pm

Can I ask why? As long as the wrestlers are talented gender shouldn't matter should it?

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 03 Apr 2013, 9:12 pm

I think I'm with Kay Fabe here, I find it extremely difficult to buy into female wrestling, it's most likely for the same reasons as why women's football is harder to watch than men's because over time and exposure men's wrestling has become a much better honed craft.

I also think women's matches are irritating with their screeching and you rarely see as good moves in a women's match as a men's.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Amy Wed 03 Apr 2013, 9:14 pm

Not all womens wrestling though, only wwe and TNA
Shimmer, Shine, Bellatrix etc are all awesome

Amy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 03 Apr 2013, 9:14 pm

I don't buy into them, simple, they don't interest me

How many tickets do you think a Diva's match will sell for WrestleMania? What about PPV buys?

Do you think many of 'the Universe' would buy a PPV or a ticket on the back of a feud between two woman?

I'd hardly think they percentage would reach 1%

Like I say, there's some seriously talented females out there, its just not my bag

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Wed 03 Apr 2013, 9:33 pm

I accept that and agree on some level but if WWE improved the talent of the division then I'd be happy to watch them and buy in to it...Shame that WWE hires looks over talent most of the time.

I'm worried that when Paige eventually makes her way to the main show's she'll be used as a valet for someone like Seth Rollins because they have that emo look that goes together instead of letting her show her talents.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Amy Wed 03 Apr 2013, 9:36 pm

she will be let to show her talents
Triple H likes her and if they were going to water her down they would have done so in NXT
just wont be moved up until she turns 21

Amy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Wed 03 Apr 2013, 10:58 pm

I really like female wrestling if done well (and womens football for that matter), there was a time when it could be argued that AJW delivered the best in-ring product in the world in the mid-90's.

I'm not going to quibble with people over whether it's there thing or not but I don't think it can be argued and has been shown (most recently by the great days of the Kim v Kong headlined TNA Knockouts) that a band of capable female workers, with unique personalities who are given time to show them, can get over with a large section of the crowd.

It's the same logic I think you could apply to Tags, Crusiers and any other neglected divisions that play second fiddle to the heavyweights in US companies, variety is key to wrestling and if done right I think women call fill an essential part on the card.

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Wed 03 Apr 2013, 11:59 pm

Boom!

Kaitlyn may be on the card after all, that's what I am talking about.

With all due respect it should be Team Hell No vs Ziggler/Big E and AJ vs Kaitlyn in seperate bouts but I'll take what I can get.

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 04 Apr 2013, 12:18 am

She looks like a right dirty!

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu 04 Apr 2013, 2:48 pm

Who is that girl that is apparently Snoop Doggs cousin? Surely that is an angle (potentially profitable one at that) waiting to be picked up?
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Thu 04 Apr 2013, 3:45 pm

All women's wrestling is boring, unless its bra and panties.

Toilet break time.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Thu 04 Apr 2013, 4:01 pm

Dr Gregory House MD wrote:I really like female wrestling if done well (and womens football for that matter), there was a time when it could be argued that AJW delivered the best in-ring product in the world in the mid-90's.

I'm not going to quibble with people over whether it's there thing or not but I don't think it can be argued and has been shown (most recently by the great days of the Kim v Kong headlined TNA Knockouts) that a band of capable female workers, with unique personalities who are given time to show them, can get over with a large section of the crowd.

It's the same logic I think you could apply to Tags, Crusiers and any other neglected divisions that play second fiddle to the heavyweights in US companies, variety is key to wrestling and if done right I think women call fill an essential part on the card.

Agree completely.

I think a lot of the naysayers haven't watched the TNA Knockouts. True, they get limited exposure, but I've been watching for a few years now and reckon the best female wrestlers are at least as talented and good to watch as all but the best male wrestlers. Can't really say much about character development and acting ability as far as selling storylines goes due to the aforementioned limited exposure, but in the ring they are just fine and get over well with the audience.

If more effort was put into developing the female wrestling scene I'm sure we'd be raving about them as much as the heavyweights.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Thu 04 Apr 2013, 4:24 pm

dyrewolfe wrote:
Dr Gregory House MD wrote:I really like female wrestling if done well (and womens football for that matter), there was a time when it could be argued that AJW delivered the best in-ring product in the world in the mid-90's.

Agree completely.

I think a lot of the naysayers haven't watched the TNA Knockouts. True, they get limited exposure, but I've been watching for a few years now and reckon the best female wrestlers are at least as talented and good to watch as all but the best male wrestlers. Can't really say much about character development and acting ability as far as selling storylines goes due to the aforementioned limited exposure, but in the ring they are just fine and get over well with the audience.

If more effort was put into developing the female wrestling scene I'm sure we'd be raving about them as much as the heavyweights.

I actually think TNA are just as bad for neglecting womens wrestling than the WWE, in fact I'd say they were worse given how much critical acclaim they came in for when they had that division running properly, at least in fairness to the WWE they've never cared

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Thu 04 Apr 2013, 4:29 pm

kingraf wrote:Who is that girl that is apparently Snoop Doggs cousin? Surely that is an angle (potentially profitable one at that) waiting to be picked up?

I think Sasha Banks in NXT is Snoop's cousin. If they were going to use it as an angle, they could use the Funkadactyls, as Brodus Clay used to be one of his bodyguards.

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by HitmanOwl Thu 04 Apr 2013, 4:33 pm

If they can't get the men's division right,what's the chances of a women's being right?

HitmanOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Thu 04 Apr 2013, 4:40 pm

HitmanOwl wrote:If they can't get the men's division right,what's the chances of a women's being right?

Who are we talking about here? Because I don't think either company is doing an awful job right now, not everything is perfect but thats wrestling

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by HitmanOwl Thu 04 Apr 2013, 4:47 pm

It's a fact.

HitmanOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Thu 04 Apr 2013, 4:50 pm

HitmanOwl wrote:It's a fact.

Oh well sorry about that, I didn't realise it was a fact, I'll move along then

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by HitmanOwl Thu 04 Apr 2013, 5:21 pm

Well can't argue that point really. Why should I care about the women's division when the e clearly doesn't?

HitmanOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Thu 04 Apr 2013, 5:31 pm

HitmanOwl wrote:Well can't argue that point really. Why should I care about the women's division when the e clearly doesn't?

Sorry I didn't realise you were reffering to the women's division, that is a fact

I thought your comments on the heavyweights were a little harsh though, would you like to expand on them?

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by HitmanOwl Thu 04 Apr 2013, 7:17 pm

The ic,us titles mean absolutely nothing. The whc hasn't meant nothing for years,the tag team division is nowhere to be seen( hence why ziggler has been thrown into it just to get him on the card)

Wwe championship is a prop tbh Cena has barely mentioned it in the feud where's it should be the primary objective

HitmanOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Thu 04 Apr 2013, 8:42 pm

HitmanOwl wrote:The ic,us titles mean absolutely nothing. The whc hasn't meant nothing for years,the tag team division is nowhere to be seen( hence why ziggler has been thrown into it just to get him on the card)

Wwe championship is a prop tbh Cena has barely mentioned it in the feud where's it should be the primary objective

I agree about everything apart from the WWE Title being a prop, it's important but to get the story across then Cena needs to go on about redemption and getting one back on The Rock...it helps show Cena's state of mind and tease the fans with a heel turn getting them interested.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Thu 04 Apr 2013, 8:51 pm

I think that's a fair assessment of the belts situation. That's why I loved Punk's reign so much because it was ALL about the belt and nothing else. Ok a little bit about gaining respect but that was because of him carrying the belt and not getting respect. I think they should go back to the days where you would get the belts defended on raw/smackdown and have much more title changes. Its keeps things fresh and enhances the show and the belt as a whole. I used to love watching smackdown when there was a belt on the line between 2002-06.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by HitmanOwl Thu 04 Apr 2013, 9:04 pm

Ok a prop is going to far but the only guy who carries the belt well is Cena purely because its in the main event every single time. Punks reign was alright but he always played second fiddle to Cena all the way through it unfortunately

On a side note living colour will be playing for punk to and from the ring.

HitmanOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Thu 04 Apr 2013, 9:10 pm

Ah sweet I was hoping they would do it at some point. Like when motorhead played in Triple H I think it just adds something.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Thu 04 Apr 2013, 9:28 pm

To AND from, normally the guy losing doesn't get music as they leave the ring so that makes me think one of two things...either he gets the win OR WWE will try and run with the respect ending (can't see either though really).

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by HitmanOwl Thu 04 Apr 2013, 9:56 pm

That's the point TO and FROM,just punk being arrogant and cocky heel I guess.

HitmanOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down