The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's not the first time....

5 posters

Go down

It's not the first time.... Empty It's not the first time....

Post by John Cena's Speech writer Wed 03 Apr 2013, 11:22 pm

Sorry to start a new Undertaker / Punk match thread, but I was wondering if anyone can remember the Big Show / Big Boss Man feud from back in the '90's, when Big Show interrupted the Boss Man's funeral (I think). I guess his father wasn't actually dead, or someone else would have drawn the comparison by now, but at the time, when there weren't as many dirtsheet websites around, would we have known back then?

Obviously I accept that even if he did pass away, they didn't interrupt the actual funeral.

Was that as shocking or tasteless as the current Paul Bearer angle? I honestly can't remember, it might have been during a time when I was taking a break from the 'E.

John Cena's Speech writer

Back to top Go down

It's not the first time.... Empty Re: It's not the first time....

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Wed 03 Apr 2013, 11:26 pm

It's my understanding that Big Shows father had died sometime previous, that is probably secondry to how awful the angle was anyways

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Wed 03 Apr 2013, 11:36 pm

yeah his dad did actually die, but i dont remember if it was before or after this feud

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Wed 03 Apr 2013, 11:42 pm

A WWF Title match in the midst of the Attitude Era between Big Show and Bossman is shocking to even consider.

Think it lasted about five minutes and was a complete squash.

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Wed 03 Apr 2013, 11:42 pm

That was when Big Show was towing the coffin with a car and Boss Man jumped on top. That, along with Boss Man feeding a dog to Al Snow (and the resulting Kennel in Hell match) are what I use to remind myself that not everything in the Attitude Era was as great as we sometimes think!

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Wed 03 Apr 2013, 11:43 pm

bossman has to have the worst history of pushes. his 5 minutes hell n a cell with undertaker at mania! i really thought he was gunna take the streak that year. the streak that stood at about 6 at that point

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Wed 03 Apr 2013, 11:44 pm

Enforcer wrote:That was when Big Show was towing the coffin with a car and Boss Man jumped on top. That, along with Boss Man feeding a dog to Al Snow (and the resulting Kennel in Hell match) are what I use to remind myself that not everything in the Attitude Era was as great as we sometimes think!

that was the other way round. bossman drove off and show desperately clung on to the coffin haha

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Wed 03 Apr 2013, 11:46 pm

It was such an embarrassing storyline. To think that the next PPV (Royal Rumble) featured Cactus Jack vs HHH in the Street Fight for the title just shows how poor the booking of Show's title reign was.

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Wed 03 Apr 2013, 11:49 pm

lol didnt bossman give a eulogy?

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Wed 03 Apr 2013, 11:52 pm

Yeah he did, god I have that PPV on DVD and I just hate the whole premise of that match.

To think that the main event featured HHH vs Vince in a street fight with the Stephanie swerve involved, I don't know why they didn't just do HHH vs Big Show for the Championship and do the swerve from there.

Have Stephanie align with HHH and DX to screw Vince and Show, instead they did it on Raw a couple of weeks later.

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down