The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When Cuthbert chose the Winners!

+18
lostinwales
Knowsit17
Jimpy
Biltong
Breadvan
munkian
fa0019
rainbow-warrior
RuggerBoy
Cyril
RubyGuby
dragonbreath
LordDowlais
yappysnap
flyhalffactory
thebluesmancometh
SecretFly
mikey_philVIII
22 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

When Cuthbert chose the Winners! - Page 3 Empty When Cuthbert chose the Winners!

Post by mikey_philVIII Thu 04 Apr 2013, 5:56 pm

First topic message reminder :

I had always wondered what links Alex cuthbert had to Wales, I found that it was through his Welsh mother from the following article. http://www.walesonline.co.uk/rugbynation/rugby-news/2013/03/14/england-was-never-for-me-insists-wales-wing-alex-cuthbert-91466-32982808/

He is one of a few born outside of Wales but each of them show this very same passion and determination. I don't see why some people need to question it and in particular the media having to refer to players as "the South African born" or "kiwi born."

Alex is quoted as saying:
“Mum always told me that I’m Welsh and from a rugby perspective I’ve always been in the Wales environment,” he said.

“I’ve come through the sevens set-up here and I am very happy and privileged to play for Wales.

“England never crossed my mind."

And the rest they say, is history!

mikey_philVIII

Back to top Go down

When Cuthbert chose the Winners! - Page 3 Empty Re: When Cuthbert chose the Winners!

Post by lostinwales Mon 08 Apr 2013, 10:07 am

Welsh assembly actually spends money on promoting Welsh in Argentina. FACT.

Actually its not just Welsh in Argentina. I remember a story from long ago of someone going there to research a German dialect that doesnt exist in Germany anymore

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

When Cuthbert chose the Winners! - Page 3 Empty Re: When Cuthbert chose the Winners!

Post by rainbow-warrior Mon 08 Apr 2013, 10:18 am

lostinwales wrote:Welsh assembly actually spends money on promoting Welsh in Argentina. FACT.

Actually its not just Welsh in Argentina. I remember a story from long ago of someone going there to research a German dialect that doesnt exist in Germany anymore

What's your point?
rainbow-warrior
rainbow-warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3