The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Webber to Join Porsche Le Mans Team Next Year?

2 posters

Go down

Webber to Join Porsche Le Mans Team Next Year? Empty Webber to Join Porsche Le Mans Team Next Year?

Post by dyrewolfe Fri 05 Apr 2013, 3:24 pm

Saw an article on the BBC's F1 gossip column which adds weight to the rumours this will be his last season in F1. The article they linked to was in Bild (and therefore in German). I ran it through Bing Translator and got this:

Escapes Webber to Porsche?

Still, they rush together in formula 1. However, since the get over dispute of Malaysia (25) Sebastian Vettel and Mark Webber (36) are at Red Bull more team enemies as team-mates.

That the Australians should get a new contract, image has already reported. Now comes out 2014 where he could go.

Webber plays the Stuttgarters on the list! The group starts from 2014 with a new prototype as a factory team in the "24 hours of Le Mans" and in the eight races long world sportscar Championship. Webber would be a top transfer in 2014.

The Australian has been in contact with Porsche and has expressed interest in the project, which currently is based in Stuttgart, Germany with 170-man on formula-1 level.

As a team-mate is an old acquaintance in the conversation: Nick Heidfeld (35). With the Webber ran in 2005 for BMW-Williams formula 1 in the same team.

At the same time has Red Bull top boss Dietrich Mateschitz a possible successor by Webber at Red Bull in the conversation brought: ex-champion Kimi Räikkönen, currently at Lotus and a buddy of Vettel.

Mateschitz praises at "speedweek.com": "Kimi is cool and fast and always a candidate."

I suppose all we can say for certain is that Bing Translator isn't all that great!
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Webber to Join Porsche Le Mans Team Next Year? Empty Re: Webber to Join Porsche Le Mans Team Next Year?

Post by Guest Fri 05 Apr 2013, 3:33 pm

Nice translation. I said it another post a few weeks back that Raikkonen would be shortlisted as his replacement. He's out of contract and has previous working relationship in rallying with his Red Bull sponsored Citroen.

Back to top Go down

Webber to Join Porsche Le Mans Team Next Year? Empty Re: Webber to Join Porsche Le Mans Team Next Year?

Post by CaledonianCraig Mon 08 Apr 2013, 9:08 am

I would advise Kimi to stear well clear. He would have more chance winning a world title at Lotus I mean we now know Seb runs Red Bull so Kimi would only be allowed in as rear gunner. Mark my words as long as Seb stays at Red Bull his next team-mate will be a lacky pulled from Torro Rosso or with previous Torro Rosso/Red Bull connections.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down