The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is Irish tribalism getting a foothold?

+19
The Great Aukster
Cyril
Monkeyan
Irish Londoner
SecretFly
debaters1
Saul Goodman
Notch
LordDowlais
Biltong
Hookisms and Hyperbole
red_stag
rodders
GunsGerms
Kingshu
Sin é
Artful_Dodger
Jenifer McLadyboy
Portnoy's Complaint
23 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Is Irish tribalism getting a foothold? - Page 3 Empty Is Irish tribalism getting a foothold?

Post by Portnoy's Complaint Thu 18 Apr 2013, 10:09 am

First topic message reminder :

Over the past couple of years has inter-provincial rivalry increased?

It seems to on the 606v2 board compared with the BBC original.

And if so, what's the reason?

Portnoy's Complaint

Back to top Go down

Is Irish tribalism getting a foothold? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is Irish tribalism getting a foothold?

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Fri 19 Apr 2013, 5:52 pm

Gibson wrote:
Kingshu wrote:Nah I don't think so really, I hope Munster win the H-cup now, just as much as I did 10 years ago. Hope Leinster pick up Almin, and hope Ulster win Pro 12.

If Ulster aren't going to win something, I hope Leinster, Munster or Connacht win it.

I think maybe because there isn't a stand out province at present it looks like more infighting, but its the same as normal we want our own province to win first and foremost, then the others. Just at present we're competing more against each other as all 3 make later stages of comps, so it seams that we're divided, whereas in the past only one would be left and it would appear we were all united behind it.

Love it. guinness

BTW, the Irish have always been provincially Tribal. We have been for eons now. Just add provincial rugby and we have even more Tribal craic. As the inter-pro rivalry gets even more closely contested, it escalates it all nicely.

It's so healthy. The Jeff, Scots and Welsh should try it sometime. It fills stadiums with colour and passion.

For me, SIN E and DOD are essential. If they didn't exist, I wouldn't bother me orse on here. Both experts in the craft of winding up Ulster and Leinster fans.
Thank Allah I'm a Paddy. And a Leinsterman. The Gene Pool has been ever so kind to one. I mean, imagine being a Noordie or a Culchie? Must hurt.

To the Four Proud Provinces of Ireland. OK
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaHMG_SvUkw
Just thinking of you. Someone mentioned a broodje kroket on Leinsterfans. Jaysis I'd focking murder one just now. Smile

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Is Irish tribalism getting a foothold? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is Irish tribalism getting a foothold?

Post by SecretFly Fri 19 Apr 2013, 5:54 pm

Divisive stuff from Gibbo as usual.
That man deserves a ban. Much too much joie de vivre for a snarly, prickly, hot-headed, paranoid and edgy forum such as 606V2..............

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Fri 19 Apr 2013, 5:57 pm

He called you a snarly pr1ck!! Shocked

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 19 Apr 2013, 6:04 pm

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:
Gibson wrote:
Kingshu wrote:Nah I don't think so really, I hope Munster win the H-cup now, just as much as I did 10 years ago. Hope Leinster pick up Almin, and hope Ulster win Pro 12.

If Ulster aren't going to win something, I hope Leinster, Munster or Connacht win it.

I think maybe because there isn't a stand out province at present it looks like more infighting, but its the same as normal we want our own province to win first and foremost, then the others. Just at present we're competing more against each other as all 3 make later stages of comps, so it seams that we're divided, whereas in the past only one would be left and it would appear we were all united behind it.

Love it. guinness

BTW, the Irish have always been provincially Tribal. We have been for eons now. Just add provincial rugby and we have even more Tribal craic. As the inter-pro rivalry gets even more closely contested, it escalates it all nicely.

It's so healthy. The Jeff, Scots and Welsh should try it sometime. It fills stadiums with colour and passion.

For me, SIN E and DOD are essential. If they didn't exist, I wouldn't bother me orse on here. Both experts in the craft of winding up Ulster and Leinster fans.
Thank Allah I'm a Paddy. And a Leinsterman. The Gene Pool has been ever so kind to one. I mean, imagine being a Noordie or a Culchie? Must hurt.

Just thinking of you. Someone mentioned a broodje kroket on Leinsterfans. Jaysis I'd focking murder one just now. Smile

Broodje kroket eh? Frikandel as well. Major munchy-fodder.

My sons mates and all my nieces & nephews, go mental for FEBO(know it?), when they go out of a night in the Dam. Spend hours eating shoite out of glass-door walls. I wonder why? Man.

I love De Dam.

Huge game tonight. Fancy Connacht to cause a major upset there. Shame they are missing a few...

Glasgow v O's as well. That will decide so much.

Bring it on!

I can still see Leinster winning this League proper.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 19 Apr 2013, 6:09 pm

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:He called you a snarly pr1ck!! Shocked

Fair enough. Man has a valid point there.

But only when we're losing ja?
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 19 Apr 2013, 6:13 pm

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:He called you a snarly pr1ck!! Shocked

You misquote me Wink I say Gibbo doesn't fit in with most of us...we're the snarly prIcks....

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful_Dodger Fri 19 Apr 2013, 6:31 pm

Gibson wrote:

Love it. guinness

Ah yes the Pogues - I have it from a reliable source that Leo Cullen was kicked out of the Pogues for being too good looking.

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 19 Apr 2013, 6:51 pm

Ah Jaysus that's terrible Dodge. Leo is gorgeous. In his own little Plug-esque way.

Captain! My Captain!

His missus is a total roide btw. guinness

Spoiler:

Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great Aukster Fri 19 Apr 2013, 7:09 pm

Gibson wrote:Ah Jaysus that's terrible Dodge. Leo is gorgeous. In his own little Plug-esque way.

Captain! My Captain!

Spoiler:

You can tell her eyes aren't the best - she was supposed to be wearing white socks and missed with both feet.

The Great Aukster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 19 Apr 2013, 7:57 pm

The Great Aukster wrote:
Gibson wrote:Ah Jaysus that's terrible Dodge. Leo is gorgeous. In his own little Plug-esque way.

Captain! My Captain!

Spoiler:

You can tell her eyes aren't the best - she was supposed to be wearing white socks and missed with both feet.

Ah that's harsh, she's not a Northcider, in all fairness.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great Aukster Fri 19 Apr 2013, 10:50 pm

Gibson wrote:
The Great Aukster wrote:

Captain! My Captain!

Spoiler:

You sure??? OK she is a bit scrumpy.

The Great Aukster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Fri 19 Apr 2013, 11:15 pm

Gibson wrote:

Broodje kroket eh? Frikandel as well. Major munchy-fodder.

My sons mates and all my nieces & nephews, go mental for FEBO(know it?), when they go out of a night in the Dam. Spend hours eating shoite out of glass-door walls. I wonder why? Man.

Febo was there 30 years ago. First time I ever saw automatic for the people. Was so "space age" back then. Eating out of a glass yoke for a Guilder.

Prefer the Broodje kroket to the frikandel. Great fast food. PM me one over willyah?

Major pressure on that Leinster team now for Sunday. Could have done with a few more big names in the forwards. Need BP. Otherwise we are depending on Connacht to deny Glasgow one AND we have to beat the Os.

Only good thing is Os have fock all to play for now. Unless........ The Scarlets slip up tomorrow.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy's Complaint Sat 20 Apr 2013, 11:23 am

The Great Aukster wrote:
Gibson wrote:
The Great Aukster wrote:

Captain! My Captain!

His missus is a total roide btw. Is Irish tribalism getting a foothold? - Page 3 1145808659

Spoiler:

You sure??? OK she is a bit scrumpy.

Bloody hell. I had no idea how handsome Lee O'Cullen was. He scrubs up well when forced into his best bib and tucker.

That's what comes of attending the finest of English finishing schools Cool.

Portnoy's Complaint

Back to top Go down

Post by Feckless Rogue Sun 21 Apr 2013, 4:21 pm

People keep talking about new fans coming to the game, as if there are truck loads of new fans arriving weekly. I don't think attendances are growing at the RDS or Thomond. They exploded in the mid/late 00's but they've been stable for years now.
Feckless Rogue
Feckless Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3