The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

surrey vs sussex county championship

+6
MuchHappierSurreyFan
Carrotdude
guildfordbat
NickisBHAFC
thegooch7
jimbobgooner
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

surrey vs sussex county championship Empty surrey vs sussex county championship

Post by jimbobgooner Tue 23 Apr 2013, 2:33 pm

Team Director Chris Adams has named an unchanged thirteen man squad for the LV=County Championship match against Sussex starting on Wednesday at the Kia Oval.
The Surrey Squad to play Sussex in the LV=County Championship at the Kia Oval on Wednesday April 24th, Thursday April 25th, Friday April 26th and Saturday April 27th:
Graeme Smith (capt)
Rory Burns
Arun Harinath
Vikram Solanki
Zander de Bruyn
Steven Davies
Gary Wilson
Gareth Batty
Gary Keedy
Stuart Meaker
Chris Tremlett
Tim Linley
Jade Dernbach
keedy or tremlett the big decision for this game

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

surrey vs sussex county championship Empty Re: surrey vs sussex county championship

Post by thegooch7 Tue 23 Apr 2013, 2:46 pm

No room for King Carlos dog?!
I think we need 3 seamers for this one, so it's between 'Sick Note' Tremlett and the mighty Viscount in my book...........to replace Keedy obviously!

Well done jimbob...........again!

thegooch7

Back to top Go down

surrey vs sussex county championship Empty Re: surrey vs sussex county championship

Post by NickisBHAFC Tue 23 Apr 2013, 3:01 pm

Come on Sussex surrey vs sussex county championship 3559488474

Going to be a great game! Debating whether or not to sack of college tomorrow and head down to the oval for the 1st days play.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Tue 23 Apr 2013, 4:48 pm

thegooch7 wrote:No room for King Carlos dog?!
I think we need 3 seamers for this one, so it's between 'Sick Note' Tremlett and the mighty Viscount in my book...........to replace Keedy obviously!

Well done jimbob...........again!
Yes, Ralph the dog unlucky to miss out again.

I'm pretty sure that Tremlett will play. That was certainly the vibe being given on the last day of the Somerset match by Johnnny Barran and he normally knows how many beans make five!

If we again only play 4 frontline bowlers, I agree that Keedy will be the one to make way.

However, with Meaker having picked up a thigh strain last time out (presumably he's fit to play but won't be able to be overbowled) and a question mark always hanging over Tremlett's fitness, I wonder if we might go with 5 main bowlers and leave out a batsman. In that scenario, Keedy would retain his place or might still lose it to Linley .... all too complicated!

Thanks from me as well to JimBob for the thread. In London for a meeting tomorrow, hope to catch the last hour at the Oval.

EDIT - UPDATE: Adams has said that although a decision on Meaker's fitness won't be taken until the morning, he is ''unlikely to play this week''.
I suspect that will lead to Tremlett replacing Meaker and Linley coming in for Keedy - whilst there appears to be a desire to play Tremlett, I don't see his fitness being sufficiently trusted for him and Dernbach to be the only frontline seamers.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrotdude Tue 23 Apr 2013, 6:07 pm

Tremlett for Keedy and Linley for Meaker if he isn't able to play (which I suspect he won't be) is what I'd do.

Carrotdude

Back to top Go down

Post by MuchHappierSurreyFan Wed 24 Apr 2013, 9:08 am

Carrot has it right for me, Tremlett and Linley for Meaker and Batty/Keedy

This is the first time in ages Surrey have a game and Im off work, cant wait to put Churchy on the radio and head out into the garden!

MuchHappierSurreyFan

Back to top Go down

Post by thegooch7 Wed 24 Apr 2013, 11:00 am

As suspected Meaker unavailable and Sick Note replaces him. And Viscount for Keedy.
Surrey won the toss and will bat!
Sounds like a great day MHSF...............I'll have to keep in touch on Cricinfo in dreary work!

thegooch7

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed 24 Apr 2013, 11:01 am

Breaking news - Roy replaces Harinath who was injiured in the warm up. However, Roy is still in Derby with the seconds!!!i Yet again Roy now going at breakneck speed!

As expected, Trem and Viscount replace Meaker and Keedy.

Surrey won toss and bat ...

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by thegooch7 Wed 24 Apr 2013, 11:15 am

He'll have to be quick...............he's down to bat at 3 on Cricinfo!
Congrats to Smudger.............he gets his highest ever score for Surrey as he moves on to 3* clap Whistle

thegooch7

Back to top Go down

Post by thegooch7 Wed 24 Apr 2013, 11:21 am

and then gets out censored

thegooch7

Back to top Go down

Post by MuchHappierSurreyFan Wed 24 Apr 2013, 11:22 am

Damn SMith gone already, apparently ball is moving about a bit

MuchHappierSurreyFan

Back to top Go down

Post by MuchHappierSurreyFan Wed 24 Apr 2013, 11:45 am

Apparently Smith got one that rose sharply on him nothing he could do!!!

Jordan has just come on to bowl.

CHurchy just said all Sussex wicket takers in there opening win were ex Surrey players

MuchHappierSurreyFan

Back to top Go down

Post by MuchHappierSurreyFan Wed 24 Apr 2013, 12:56 pm

Jason Roy has arrived from his mad dash from Derbyshire

MuchHappierSurreyFan

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelsey93 Wed 24 Apr 2013, 1:03 pm

Sorry if I'm a little ignorant but can anyone here enlighten me as to why Mark Church is using the hashtag #wearetherey for Surrey matches??

Shelsey93

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed 24 Apr 2013, 1:08 pm

My London meeting was called off at short notice so no prizes for guessing where I am! Good recovery so far by Surrey after Smith went to a brute of a ball from the impressive Anyon - appeared to rise and move across him before catching the edge.

Both Burns and Wilson digging in as required by consistently good bowling from Sussex. Panesar especially keeping the batsmen thinking and giving little away. Burns appears more convincing than Wilson but the latter keen to take his chance higher up the order and still battling away.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed 24 Apr 2013, 1:12 pm

Shelsey93 wrote:Sorry if I'm a little ignorant but can anyone here enlighten me as to why Mark Church is using the hashtag #wearetherey for Surrey matches??
Just as Middlesex to some are The Middle, Surrey are The Rey.

Therefore, We Are The Rey from Churchy.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by thegooch7 Wed 24 Apr 2013, 1:28 pm

guildfordbat wrote:My London meeting was called off at short notice so no prizes for guessing where I am! Good recovery so far by Surrey after Smith went to a brute of a ball from the impressive Anyon - appeared to rise and move across him before catching the edge.

Both Burns and Wilson digging in as required by consistently good bowling from Sussex. Panesar especially keeping the batsmen thinking and giving little away. Burns appears more convincing than Wilson but the latter keen to take his chance higher up the order and still battling away.

Well done guildford!
Seems attritional stuff at the moment - hoping we can kick on a bit in the afternoon, or at this rate it'll be nil pwant for batting!

thegooch7

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed 24 Apr 2013, 1:33 pm

Goochie - yes, certainly attritional stuff but required by the loss of the early wicket and good consistent bowling. Interesting and enjoyable to watch - I appreciate less so following on cricinfo!!

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by thegooch7 Wed 24 Apr 2013, 2:23 pm

Half century for Gary Craig 'Harold, Drinks carrier, Volleyball' Wilson clap

thegooch7

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed 24 Apr 2013, 2:39 pm

Deserved half century for Wilson. Not particularly stylish but full of fight.
Solanki looking accomplished and has played some fine drives.
Jordan bowling from Pavilion end and generally on the spot. Hamilton+Brown has bowled 2 overs of slow medium dross from the Vauxhall end (8 byes conceded from balls outside leg) and just been replaced by Panesar.
Sun now out, should be a batting afternoon up to tea ...

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed 24 Apr 2013, 2:43 pm

afternoon all Smile

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by thegooch7 Wed 24 Apr 2013, 2:51 pm

Afternoon jimbob - been practising your Poznan salute for the champs and RVP's visit on Sunday?! Erm

thegooch7

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed 24 Apr 2013, 2:54 pm

sorry gooch who is this rvp chap Wink

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by thegooch7 Wed 24 Apr 2013, 2:57 pm

Apparently he's a 52yo IT consultant from India!

thegooch7

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed 24 Apr 2013, 3:05 pm

thegooch7 wrote:Apparently he's a 52yo IT consultant from India!
Laugh

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelsey93 Wed 24 Apr 2013, 3:08 pm

guildfordbat wrote:
Shelsey93 wrote:Sorry if I'm a little ignorant but can anyone here enlighten me as to why Mark Church is using the hashtag #wearetherey for Surrey matches??
Just as Middlesex to some are The Middle, Surrey are The Rey.

Therefore, We Are The Rey from Churchy.

Ah, knew it would be something obvious like that. Thanks thumbsup

Shelsey93

Back to top Go down

Post by MuchHappierSurreyFan Wed 24 Apr 2013, 3:10 pm

WEll I get back from an afternoon run to find Wilson still in on 67, I will be the first to admit I have reservations about Wilson but looks like he has dug in for a good solid innings well done son clap

MuchHappierSurreyFan

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Wed 24 Apr 2013, 3:18 pm

152-2

Good start to today's game by Surrey. Smith again going cheaply for 3, too much hype from Surrey, he isn't delivering yet but im sure he will.

Good to see Chris Jordan taking another wicket for the sharks, hope he can build on that.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by MuchHappierSurreyFan Wed 24 Apr 2013, 3:43 pm

50 up for Solanki clap

DOes he have a nickname yet???

MuchHappierSurreyFan

Back to top Go down

Post by MuchHappierSurreyFan Wed 24 Apr 2013, 3:44 pm

Nick

On the commentry they said Smith got a corker, a ball that jump up sharply off a good length and there bwas not alot he could do about it!!! Very Happy

MuchHappierSurreyFan

Back to top Go down

Post by MuchHappierSurreyFan Wed 24 Apr 2013, 3:46 pm

181 for 2 at Tea, great effort from the lads after Smith went early especially WIlson and Roy who dug in for what sounded like a very uncomfortable hour

MuchHappierSurreyFan

Back to top Go down

Post by MuchHappierSurreyFan Wed 24 Apr 2013, 3:48 pm

Sorry WIlson and Burns

MuchHappierSurreyFan

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed 24 Apr 2013, 3:49 pm

guildfordbat wrote:Deserved half century for Wilson. Not particularly stylish but full of fight.
Solanki looking accomplished and has played some fine drives.
Jordan bowling from Pavilion end and generally on the spot. Hamilton+Brown has bowled 2 overs of slow medium dross from the Vauxhall end (8 byes conceded from balls outside leg) and just been replaced by Panesar.
Sun now out, should be a batting afternoon up to tea ...
thumbsup

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed 24 Apr 2013, 4:26 pm

stick a flake in it wilson on 99 Fingers Crossed

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by MuchHappierSurreyFan Wed 24 Apr 2013, 4:27 pm

WIlson!!!!!!!! Yahoo

MuchHappierSurreyFan

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed 24 Apr 2013, 4:28 pm

100 for wilson clap clap clap

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed 24 Apr 2013, 5:13 pm

wilson goes for a excellent 124 clap

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed 24 Apr 2013, 5:22 pm

surrey colllapse has started 3 wkts for 13 runs Sad

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed 24 Apr 2013, 5:57 pm

time for batty to go batty drumroll

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed 24 Apr 2013, 6:11 pm

3rd batting point Yahoo

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed 24 Apr 2013, 9:14 pm

Fascinating day. Full of twists and turns.

Highlight was clearly an excellent century from Gary ''needs another new nickname'' Wilson. Supplied in two parts. A real battling performance in the morning session after Smith's early exit. After that, far more stylish with a range of shots as the sun came out and his confidence grew.

Burns and Solanki batted well but very disappointing to see them fall respectively in the first over after lunch and tea. Even more disappointing to see Davies, Roy and de Bruyn dismissed in the last hour not long after Wilson.

The odd wide and loose ball as ever from Jordan but generally he was on the money as were the other Sussex bowlers. They stuck at it and bowled well as a unit.

The game is still well poised but Sussex will be the happier with 5 wickets in the final session.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Wed 24 Apr 2013, 9:44 pm

Pleased to see Solanki get some runs, and of course Wilson. Le Roi's king crown looking suitable wobbly. Not sure how realistic but would be good if Batty and co could push us up to 350.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed 24 Apr 2013, 10:21 pm

Corporalhumblebucket wrote:Pleased to see Solanki get some runs, and of course Wilson. Le Roi's king crown looking suitable wobbly. Not sure how realistic but would be good if Batty and co could push us up to 350.

Corporal - Solanki played well with several lovely cover drives. Unlucky / daft for someone of his experience [you choose] to get out first ball after tea to a dreadful delivery from Anyon well down the leg side.

Feel sorry for Roy but appreciate that doesn't count for much. He scored a half century yesterday for a combined Surrey & Hants second team away against Derbys. Travelled from there at full throttle this morning only to get out to Magoffin in the best over he bowled all day. He got Davies lbw bang in front, a ball or two later had Roy fishing at one just outside off and then sent his off stump cartwheeling over.

I agree that 350 should be our aim although feel that's a tad optimistic.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by thegooch7 Thu 25 Apr 2013, 9:19 am

A 350 score is probably about par.
Really pleased for Gary Wilson yesterday, even more so when I read that he also had to deal with the death of his mum last year.

thegooch7

Back to top Go down

Post by MuchHappierSurreyFan Thu 25 Apr 2013, 9:38 am

350 has to be the goal but hope that we arnt so fixed on getting it we crawl towards it at 2 runs an over. Give me 30 runs in the first 6-7 overs than crawling for 45 runs for the same result

MuchHappierSurreyFan

Back to top Go down

Post by MuchHappierSurreyFan Thu 25 Apr 2013, 11:22 am

Looks like Batty has read my posts and isnt going to hang about.

Tremlett has just been hit for the second time hope Pilkington doesnt shatter him

MuchHappierSurreyFan

Back to top Go down

Post by MuchHappierSurreyFan Thu 25 Apr 2013, 11:30 am

Norahs gone for 37, but he was caught at at deep long leg hooking a short ball off Jordan which shows how he batted this morning clap

MuchHappierSurreyFan

Back to top Go down

Post by MuchHappierSurreyFan Thu 25 Apr 2013, 11:33 am

11 runs away from that batting point

MuchHappierSurreyFan

Back to top Go down

Post by MuchHappierSurreyFan Thu 25 Apr 2013, 11:52 am

344 for 9 the Viscount bowled by Jordan, SUrrey still need six more for the bonus point

MuchHappierSurreyFan

Back to top Go down

Post by MuchHappierSurreyFan Thu 25 Apr 2013, 11:53 am

Apparently we only have 8 balls to get those six runs hope Tremlett has a go at Monty!!!

MuchHappierSurreyFan

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next