The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

how much of raw did you watch? (spoilers)

+14
Ent
Hero
GSC
Statto00
MIG
NickisBHAFC
Hulking_up
Shot 21 LCFC
Dolphin Ziggler
bretmeharty
Bluebird_ccfc
Dr Gregory House MD
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
JamesLincs
18 posters

Go down

how much of raw did you watch? (spoilers) Empty how much of raw did you watch? (spoilers)

Post by JamesLincs Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:01 pm

i read the spoilers and searched for bryan asking taker for a hug and regals entrance, but thats it. first time ive not watched it for years

Last edited by JamesLincs on Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:49 pm; edited 2 times in total

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

how much of raw did you watch? (spoilers) Empty Re: how much of raw did you watch? (spoilers)

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:03 pm

I'm not watching it this week Lincs.
Sounds crap

Back to top Go down

how much of raw did you watch? (spoilers) Empty Re: how much of raw did you watch? (spoilers)

Post by JamesLincs Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:04 pm

normally i give in if ive got nothing else to do, but i havent felt the urge to watch

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:05 pm

Though I do actually prefer 3 hours - it does make it tough to fit in.
It's definitely become more missable of late.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:16 pm

I'd advise you guys to look up the 6 man

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebird_ccfc Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:44 pm

I tend to watch the highlights on wwe.com and if I hear something is good on here but isn't shown in the highlights I watch the live show when I'm around the parents house (as I can't afford sky sports on my own)
Bluebird_ccfc
Bluebird_ccfc

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:44 pm

Ive watched about the first hour of it so far and ill watch the rest later (debatable), and so far its the worst show.

I've already seen recap after recap of various segments over the past 2 weeks of raw and smackdown.

I've also seen Clay, Rhodes Tensi and Sandow twice. As well as Cesaro and who ever he faced because I cant remember all in throw away filler matches.

A half decent match bewteen Ziggler and Y2J with the crowd doing their fangdango dance when his music played.

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:57 pm

ill give the 6 man tag a watch. ive probably missed out there tbh

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:02 pm

Bull has got to all of you. Bunch of miserable sods! Both the 6 man tag and the dolph v Jericho match were enthralling. Ryback section at the end was very good too.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:03 pm

Yeah you are defo missing out if you havent watched it.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Hulking_up Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:12 pm

I stopped watching RAW after the second 3 hour show.
Haven't missed it one bit.
I just read the spoliers now.

Hulking_up

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:18 pm

trust me, i havent been influenced by anything bull says. hes the same on the footy boards if youve read them

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:29 pm

I'm an ardent supporter of Raw.
I always stick up for Raw when it's of slightly poorer quality

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:41 pm

I'm happy to give Raw a shoe-ing but only when I feel it's justified.

There were good opening and closing segments, sandwiching a night of good wrestling, highlighted by a PPV main event quality 6 man tag match.

It wasn't perfect but it was far from a bad Raw.

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:16 pm

Exactly. As mentioned by others, the people who thought this was a horrible Raw should probably just give up watching wrestling altogether.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:19 pm

It was definitely a decent Raw. Even the two matches I wouldnt care for, Tons of Funk singles matches, were midcard tag feuds and everyone moans when we dont have them. Highlight of it being that TV edited out the botched finish to the Sandow match and then after Cody's match Sandow carried him up the ramp in his arms like a baby

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:26 pm

Shot 21 LCFC wrote:Exactly. As mentioned by others, the people who thought this was a horrible Raw should probably just give up watching wrestling altogether.

This. I would love to know what people actually expect!

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:06 pm

Please change the title of this thread to wwe fanboys only.

It was a pretty poor raw to be honest. Im not sure if it being in the uk has clouded people's judgement.

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:19 pm

Why do you still bother watchin it then? If I shared the same opinion as many on this board I would have stopped watching wrestling about a decade ago...

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:22 pm

So if you like it you're a WWE fanboy. If you don't like it then you need to stop watching wrestling.
Whatever happened to just being able to have opinions?

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:28 pm

I havent said either to be fair, I do think theres a certain amount of misery guts about it though. I loved it watching it there and then I liked it watching it at home. So, fanboy me up the little fanhole

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Statto00 Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:34 pm

If it was a two-hour episode, with the recaps and dross cut out, it would've been a decent show.

Statto00

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:38 pm

MIG wrote:So if you like it you're a WWE fanboy. If you don't like it then you need to stop watching wrestling.
Whatever happened to just being able to have opinions?

My comment was more aimed at the people who are ALWAYS moaning and saying "Raw was horrible this week" etc. Obviously there are going to be some rubbish episodes every now and then. But if you constantly watch and think "this is rubbish" every single week then it must be time to stop watching it. Not because I tell you to, but because you are wasting 2 and a half hours of your life watching something that you dont enjoy.

If I ever get to that stage I will stop watching it.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:07 pm

Its hard to get over on here, but it was more tongue in cheek that comment,

I did enjoy parts of raw but overall it didn't further much with a lot of quick matches for a 3 hour show with a lorry load of recaps, and saw too much of the announce table, but that's just my opinion.

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:13 pm

I think we can all agree the recaps take the p!ss. Far too many!!!

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:19 pm

There are a lot of crappy raws to miss.

This wasn't one of them
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:41 pm

Yeah like i said in my review the recap's have pis*ed me off from day one. Everyone on here gets angry about that and rightfully so.

But week in week out, we do see the same names on here pop up and say "Rubbish episode" and fair enough if an episode was bad or if it was just your opinion fair enough. But im getting the feeling a fair few people on here are just moaning for the sake of it and doing it just to annoy others.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:16 pm

I honesty didn't think it was a good show, it felt very long and drawn out seeing the same faces all night long, every one who was on raw we saw them at least 2, 3 times.

Off the top of my head there was no Orton, Sheamus, Barrett, Miz, Big show, Punk, Brock, and if I really thought about it I prob could name 1 or 2 more that's a fairly big list of guys.

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:22 pm

Out of the list you gave though Bret who would you have cared about seeing? Punk - well we already know he's on a sabbatical
Brock - yeah like he was going to fly to the UK

The rest?

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:27 pm

I do feel its almost a good thing we didnt see a few people. It kind of saturates their appearances and doesn't give anyone any time to wrestle if they try cram too many in. I wouldn't want it every week, but occasionally the Smackdown lot only appearing on Smackdown won't do any harm, just to keep from over exposure

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:33 pm

I knew this was going to be a counter question just didn't think it would be from you Hero,

I do like Orton and Sheamus, Miz is ok at times as well, but to be honest even just to have them on there to make the show more worth while and interesting for me would of done.

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:39 pm

I would agree Chris had the case been we saw decent matches all night but apart from the awesome 6 man tag and Y2J Zigggler match the rest were pointless.

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:53 pm

The 6 man tag was brilliant, the jericho/ziggler match was good and I liked the continuation of the Jericho Fandango feud

As for the rest of the show, I didn't appreciate seeing two matches pitting members of Tonnes of funk up against sandow and Rhodes, divas matches are toilet breaks and the constant recaps were annoying.

I would probably enjoy the ToF rhodes/sandow feud more if it were over the tag titles, but it's for absolutely nothing which begs the question that surely Rhodes and Sandow could be better suited in singles action going for the US or IC titles. The fact that the mid card title doesn't even get a look in, but this does is quite frustrating as well

It would have been nice to see a few more faces on the card like Barrett, Sheamus, Orton etc, but I can hardly complain that a UK card featuring the Undertaker lacks star power

I will admit, I already miss Punk.

Cena v Ryback just doesn't interest me. Cena is irritating and Rybacks heel turn has been rushed, I would have preferred seeing a face Ryback taking on a face Cena, and then maybe snapping later in the feud and beating Cena down for the heel turn

Like a few on here I'm unhappy to see Cesaro lose again. But I still think he'll get one of the briefcases at MITB and this is a swerveball ahead of a huge push later in the year

Also does anybody know whats happened to The Miz? I know he isn't everybodies cup of tea but he looked to be in for abig push and then all of a sudden has disappeared

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:18 pm

It's Miz's fault Mania was so crap.

No seriously, what has he done, he was on the posters for the UK tour and TV ads - strange he wasnt there.

I haven't watched Raw for an age, 3 hours is too long and it is crap most weeks - you'd never watch another show every week if there were only 1 or 2 good 10 minute sections per week. I read spoilers and check the highlights if something good is mentioned.

Watched SS, TLC, Rumble, EC and Mania.

Mania was just such an absolute flop I'll probably take a rest whilst keeping an eye on spoilers for when to return.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by HitmanOwl Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:04 pm

I just check the spoilers then chose to watch I want from that. I haven't seen the 3 main events from mania yet which probably tells you all you need to know where I'm at.

HitmanOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:08 pm

HitmanOwl wrote:I just check the spoilers then chose to watch I want from that. I haven't seen the 3 main events from mania yet which probably tells you all you need to know where I'm at.

6th of April?

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:43 pm

how much has everyone watched so far, if any? and are there any highlights? i hear orton v rhodes is match of the night? ant promos or segments catch anyones attention?

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:52 pm

Lincs, Just watch it for the Orton v Rhodes match and catch the ending due to something very unheard of happening...

Apart from that it was a cringe fest RAW filled with awful backstage segments...in ring segments and plenty of filler to do with Make A Wish....truly one of the worst RAW's in a very very long time in my opinion;

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:58 pm

I can't really remember, I definitely watched the first bit and then wasn't really paying attention after the Rhodes-Orton match, I watched The Shield promo and the Shield match and the tug of wars(!) I skipped through a lot of the WHC contenders' matches because they were pretty boring to be honest, I'm not a huge fan of any of the three guys involved.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Wed May 01, 2013 9:23 pm

owen10ozzy wrote:Lincs, Just watch it for the Orton v Rhodes match and catch the ending due to something very unheard of happening...

Apart from that it was a cringe fest RAW filled with awful backstage segments...in ring segments and plenty of filler to do with Make A Wish....truly one of the worst RAW's in a very very long time in my opinion;

I have just watched it. Which bit was very unheard of?

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Wed May 01, 2013 9:55 pm

Cena being pinned cleanly!!!

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Thu May 02, 2013 12:45 am

owen10ozzy wrote:Cena being pinned cleanly!!!

He still has the "injury" to fall back on for why he lost but it was nice to see him being pinned and it not be because of something illegal happening.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Thu May 02, 2013 10:17 am

owen10ozzy wrote:Cena being pinned cleanly!!!

Oh sorry I thought you meant the end of the Orton v Rhodes match.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down