The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Undertaker vs Dean Ambrose confirmed to air on Smackdown this Friday!

+13
gaffer_reborn
Kay Fabe
Brilliant_yep
Mr Video Man
dyrewolfe
Azwethinkweiz
Shot 21 LCFC
owen10ozzy
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
Sara
Hero
GSC
BD21
17 posters

Go down

The Undertaker vs Dean Ambrose confirmed to air on Smackdown this Friday! Empty The Undertaker vs Dean Ambrose confirmed to air on Smackdown this Friday!

Post by BD21 Thu 25 Apr 2013, 12:05 pm

It was first thought that this would be the dark match but it has been confirmed that it will be aired on TV. Do you think this will get some ratings in for Smackdown?

BD21

Back to top Go down

The Undertaker vs Dean Ambrose confirmed to air on Smackdown this Friday! Empty Re: The Undertaker vs Dean Ambrose confirmed to air on Smackdown this Friday!

Post by GSC Thu 25 Apr 2013, 12:06 pm

Heros currently stocking up on vaseline and tissues
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

The Undertaker vs Dean Ambrose confirmed to air on Smackdown this Friday! Empty Re: The Undertaker vs Dean Ambrose confirmed to air on Smackdown this Friday!

Post by Hero Thu 25 Apr 2013, 12:18 pm

Seriously though how highly must he be thought of to be the 1st guy Undertaker has faced 1 on 1 outside of a PPV since 2010 and that was v Kane who obviously he has a huge amount of trust for ringwise.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sara Thu 25 Apr 2013, 12:20 pm

I agree, that's fantastic news - looking forward to it Smile

Sara

http://www.twitter.com/SaraLouP

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Thu 25 Apr 2013, 12:21 pm

Hero wrote:Seriously though how highly must he be thought of to be the 1st guy Undertaker has faced 1 on 1 outside of a PPV since 2010 and that was v Kane who obviously he has a huge amount of trust for ringwise.

Jobber?

MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Thu 25 Apr 2013, 12:22 pm

Will the outcome which occurred during the taping be the outcome of the match when it airs do we think or will it be edited (I could make this easier to understand but would be giving things away).

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Thu 25 Apr 2013, 12:45 pm

Hero wrote:Seriously though how highly must he be thought of to be the 1st guy Undertaker has faced 1 on 1 outside of a PPV since 2010 and that was v Kane who obviously he has a huge amount of trust for ringwise.

I think you have a point. Something I noticed on Raw as well which Im suprised nobody else spotted - The Undertaker did Old School on Dean Ambrose/ I cant remember the last time he did that to someone. He didnt even do it to CM Punk at Wrestlemania. He attempted a couple of times but Punk blocked. So to actually do the move on Ambrose shows he must have absolute trust.

Also whilst on this subject, when The Shield did their taped promo earlier on in the night did anyone notice how Ambrose was talking about Taker being the judge, jury and executioner for all the other wrestlers. Nice little insider reference to Takers actual backstage dealings.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Azwethinkweiz Thu 25 Apr 2013, 12:49 pm

Ambrose is going to rist to the top.

Just like custard tops a yummy pudding!

Azwethinkweiz

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Thu 25 Apr 2013, 2:52 pm

bluethruandthru wrote:Ambrose is going to rist to the top.

You're thinking of Ambrosia. Wink

Hmm...wonder if any wrestler has ever tried a custard gimmick before?
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Azwethinkweiz Thu 25 Apr 2013, 3:02 pm

dyrewolfe wrote:

with the stigma already attatched to Wrestling, i dont think a custard gimmick would be adviseable do you?! Shocked

Azwethinkweiz

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Video Man Thu 25 Apr 2013, 3:03 pm

dyrewolfe wrote:

nope. curry has been done before though with curryman and that didn't work out well
Mr Video Man
Mr Video Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Azwethinkweiz Thu 25 Apr 2013, 3:21 pm

sjh5678 wrote:
dyrewolfe wrote:

nope. curry has been done before though with curryman and that didn't work out well

The Curryman is awesome, the Underarm Baji was an epic move anly out done by the Saag Aloo Splash.

Azwethinkweiz

Back to top Go down

Post by Brilliant_yep Thu 25 Apr 2013, 3:44 pm

This is good news,possibly Undertaker will be passing a torch or two in the next few months?

Brilliant_yep

Back to top Go down

Post by Azwethinkweiz Thu 25 Apr 2013, 3:46 pm

Brilliant_yep wrote:This is good news,possibly Undertaker will be passing a torch or two in the next few months?

I would have thought so.

This smells like the dead man is decomposing.

Sadly he wont be with us much longer Sad

Azwethinkweiz

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 25 Apr 2013, 5:35 pm

So he couldn't emerge for a year twice after a Triple H beating but a mere weeks after after going over CM Punk he's bitchslapping around the most dangerous group the WWE have to offer

I don't think they could have made Punk look worse of they let Taker take a dump on him from the top rope

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Azwethinkweiz Thu 25 Apr 2013, 7:02 pm

I hear that Mr Punk is not a happy man and is rather disgruntled with the powers that be the WWF.

Azwethinkweiz

Back to top Go down

Post by Brilliant_yep Thu 25 Apr 2013, 7:37 pm

I'm not happy with the WWF either, I adopted a tiger two years ago and it still hasn't turned up...

Brilliant_yep

Back to top Go down

Post by Azwethinkweiz Thu 25 Apr 2013, 7:44 pm

Brilliant_yep wrote:I'm not happy with the WWF either, I adopted a tiger two years ago and it still hasn't turned up...

Ha Ha Ha Ha

seriously though, Azwethinkweiz will not conform.

World Wrestling Federation

Azwethinkweiz

Back to top Go down

Post by Brilliant_yep Thu 25 Apr 2013, 7:47 pm

I prefer WWWF haha

Brilliant_yep

Back to top Go down

Post by Azwethinkweiz Thu 25 Apr 2013, 7:53 pm

Brilliant_yep wrote:I prefer WWWF haha

I'm more than happy with that too.

World Wide Wrestling Federation

Azwethinkweiz

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Fri 26 Apr 2013, 7:31 am

Get the F out.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sara Fri 26 Apr 2013, 12:23 pm

Shot 21 LCFC wrote:

I think you have a point. Something I noticed on Raw as well which Im suprised nobody else spotted - The Undertaker did Old School on Dean Ambrose/ I cant remember the last time he did that to someone. He didnt even do it to CM Punk at Wrestlemania. He attempted a couple of times but Punk blocked. So to actually do the move on Ambrose shows he must have absolute trust.

Also whilst on this subject, when The Shield did their taped promo earlier on in the night did anyone notice how Ambrose was talking about Taker being the judge, jury and executioner for all the other wrestlers. Nice little insider reference to Takers actual backstage dealings.

Good point, I didn't pick up on that. Ambrose is freaking awesome, I love how he is talking more and more in The Shield promo's now - that match on SD! should be fun to watch Smile

Sara

Back to top Go down

Post by gaffer_reborn Sat 27 Apr 2013, 9:53 am

Hero what did you think of your boys performance?

must of been emotional for you - not a dry eye or tissue in the house!

gaffer_reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Sat 27 Apr 2013, 10:10 am

Thought it was a great performance and apparently Undertaker was full of praise for him and the other Shield members backstage afterwards.

Believe in the Shield!!!!

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 27 Apr 2013, 10:12 am

Hero hasnt slept, hes been watching it over and over Whistle
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Sat 27 Apr 2013, 11:56 am

3 times now Laugh

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Sat 27 Apr 2013, 12:00 pm

This write up regarding Ambrose is worth posting here (I didn't do it!)

Dean Ambrose is the type of wrestler that when he fights, he does whatever he can to hurt the other guy, including hurting himself. He doesn’t move or act like anyone else on the roster. He’s everything the WWE needs and possibly unlike any superstar they have had. Ambrose is a hardcore Indy legend waiting for his “Pipebomb” moment on the WWE. His association with The Shield has given him the chance to step up to the main roster and not get lost in the shuffle and as we saw this week on share the same ring with The Undertaker.

Prior to joining WWE, Ambrose was wrestling as Jon Moxley. Between 2004 and 2011, he wrestled for many promotions including Insanity Pro Wrestling, Dragon Gate USA, Combat Zone Wrestling and a few other promotions.

In all these different independents, Ambrose left a trail of bodies in one violent match after another. Along the way, he racked up many titles. Among those were eight heavyweight championships and seven tag team titles.

In 2009, Ambrose competed in CZW’s Tournament of Death. This is an event in which a number of wrestlers compete in various deathmatches in (for the most part) a single-elimination tournament in a similar style to the King of the Ring tournament. This extremely violent tournament which includes weapons such as barbed wire, nails, thumbtacks, fire, and light tubes, etc. Are known for their large amount of blood loss.

One of the things that made him stand out along the way was his style of wrestling. Watching Ambrose wrestle on the independent scene was like watching a controlled car wreck. It was chaotic the way he would hurl himself at his opponent, leveling blows that smacked off their bodies or whipped their heads from side to side. Much like Mick Foley, Ambrose has never been afraid to use his body as a weapon. He would absorb punishment to try to inflict an equal amount upon the guy standing across the ring from him.

Ambrose has a look that makes him stand out and its not his head-to-toe black attire, he doesn’t need a bright colored almost superhero-esqe attire to stand out. It’s the crazed look in his eye when he’s in the ring, the slight tilting of the head as if something isn’t quite right upstairs. He paces in the ring, his hands twitch and his face twists in unflattering ways. He’s not what a WWE Superstar typically looks and acts like. But that’s what makes him great for the company, especially at this time. WWE has been in the midst of a long, slow transition, where big muscle men are no longer the norm. Guys like Daniel Bryan, CM Punk and Dolph Ziggler are all excelling and you just have to see the crowd reaction a superstar like Daniel Bryan can get from being as entertaining out of the ring as in it. You could say Ambrose fits in with the “regular” guys in this regard as he is equally engaging in entertaining fans with his antics and drawing them in with his willingness to brawl, But Ambrose also sets himself apart from the others with his mannerisms and the way he sacrifices his body. He’s different. When he’s in the ring, he gives off the impression that he’s out of control.

That is what keeps people talking long after the match is over and what will make Ambrose not just The Shields breakout star but also the next great WWE Superstar.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by psycho-gooner Sat 27 Apr 2013, 2:49 pm

Would WWE let him go with a ''Im just a sick guy'' kind of gimmick given it would be too similar to Orton?

psycho-gooner

Back to top Go down

Post by BD21 Sun 28 Apr 2013, 11:14 pm

Just watched it and I was very impressed. Great beat down at the end too. All that needs saying about the future of Ambrose is this:

His first one on one match on WWE was against The Undertaker.

Just let that sink in for a minute.

BD21

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun 28 Apr 2013, 11:15 pm

Finally watched it! Is this the way to write Taker out for awhile or carry the feud on?

Hero, am I sensing Taker returning around January for revenge. Say, a certain member of The Shield versus the Streak?

I love the rub The Shield are getting, I love that they are the dastardly heels of WWE now Punk is out. They have been given his position. WWE have yet to ruin this and I'm amazed. Good match too, I am really excited to see what is set up for The Shield come Extreme Rules

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Sun 28 Apr 2013, 11:46 pm

I just watched the match too,

It was a good match but the beatdown at the end was exceptional, does anyone at the WWE ever bother to tell Lillian Garcia when someones going to be thrown in her direction? Either that or she sells it really well every time.

Good to see the Sheild branching out into singles, keep them developing.

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Mon 29 Apr 2013, 8:28 am

Ambrose tapped out. Thats all his momentum killed. I no longer believe in him or The Shield. Fully expect them to start turning into comedy jobbers. After every time they get beat, they will be holding onto the ankles of whoever beats them like "believe in The Shield, please!!! Believe in us please!!!"

Nah only joking. No shame at all in tapping to the Hells Gate. And the battering they gave The Undertaker at the end just confirmed that at this moment, The Shield are running the WWE.

Hopefully some of Takers critics lay off him a bit. Just by him appearing in a mini programme with The Shield on Raw and Smackdown he has taken them to a whole new level.

Believe in The Shield? If you didnt before, you certainly should now!!

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by psycho-gooner Mon 29 Apr 2013, 9:33 am

I do worry though that Ambrose' ability to sell may work against him in the future like it has for Ziggler.

psycho-gooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Video Man Mon 29 Apr 2013, 10:01 am

psycho-gooner wrote:I do worry though that Ambrose' ability to sell may work against him in the future like it has for Ziggler.

seems to have worked well for the showoff. hes world champion at the minute some guys in wwe will go their whole careers and never win the world title like heath slater
Mr Video Man
Mr Video Man

Back to top Go down

Post by psycho-gooner Mon 29 Apr 2013, 10:55 am

sjh5678 wrote:
psycho-gooner wrote:I do worry though that Ambrose' ability to sell may work against him in the future like it has for Ziggler.

seems to have worked well for the showoff. hes world champion at the minute some guys in wwe will go their whole careers and never win the world title like heath slater

I had that in mind when i wrote the comment. But his build up and how he's being booked at the moment has been terrible. Some think his ability to sell is what makes it too easy for creative to book him to job to everyone.

psycho-gooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sara Mon 29 Apr 2013, 12:23 pm

Finally watched the match too, a couple of times. I thought it was excellent and not a bad opponent to have your first singles match against. The beatdown was fabulous; I applauded throughout, lol. Also, really enjoyed the promo earlier in the night. BELIEVE................ Very Happy

Sara

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Mon 29 Apr 2013, 3:47 pm

psycho-gooner wrote:
sjh5678 wrote:

I had that in mind when i wrote the comment. But his build up and how he's being booked at the moment has been terrible. Some think his ability to sell is what makes it too easy for creative to book him to job to everyone.

From what I heard he was being beaten by a few people so that they'd have a lot of options for feuds for him to have and a lot of people could claim that they should have a shot at the title due to beating him before he was the champion.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 29 Apr 2013, 10:27 pm

Okay, I am watching my first WWE action since about 2004. Since when has Taker stolen Hogan's big boot and leg drop Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down