The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Genuine Q: Are Boxing Fans Simple People Who Enjoy Violence, Suffering And Pain?

+6
azania
ONETWOFOREVER
JabMachineMK2
TRUSSMAN66
Makaveli
davidemore
10 posters

Go down

Genuine Q: Are Boxing Fans Simple People Who Enjoy Violence, Suffering And Pain?  Empty Genuine Q: Are Boxing Fans Simple People Who Enjoy Violence, Suffering And Pain?

Post by davidemore Sat 27 Apr 2013, 3:00 pm

I mean we understand the beauty, sacrifice and science of the sport. We all understand how much of a journey boxers go on, in their soul, in life.

But do we also long for suffering, pain and violence?

We all love a brutal KO.

We all love watching our favorite fighters bloody another persons face.

We all love body shots that crack bones.

We all HW's that only need one punch to render someone sleepy sleep.

So, where do you stand on this issue?

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Genuine Q: Are Boxing Fans Simple People Who Enjoy Violence, Suffering And Pain?  Empty Re: Genuine Q: Are Boxing Fans Simple People Who Enjoy Violence, Suffering And Pain?

Post by Makaveli Sat 27 Apr 2013, 3:17 pm

To be quite frank with you, although i do love seeing a brutal knockout id much rather watch a a full 12 rounder that will test the fighters fitness, heart and adaptability, and recently weve had great examples of these, matthews vs corrola, donnaire vs rigondeux, even though people found it borin for me it was an entertaining fight. Even Chisora vs Vitali, i thouroughly enjoyed it, obviously the human nature in us wants to see knockouts bout theres more to boxing than just that. Im not to keen on the blood though, it doesnt put me off, but im never to happy when someones cut.

Makaveli

Back to top Go down

Genuine Q: Are Boxing Fans Simple People Who Enjoy Violence, Suffering And Pain?  Empty Re: Genuine Q: Are Boxing Fans Simple People Who Enjoy Violence, Suffering And Pain?

Post by davidemore Sat 27 Apr 2013, 3:20 pm

Me too, all that blood is unnecessary.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 27 Apr 2013, 3:53 pm

"We all love watching our favorite fighter bloody another face"

"Me too, all that blood is unnecessary"

ok...............

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Sat 27 Apr 2013, 4:00 pm

Again with the spammy topics

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sat 27 Apr 2013, 4:05 pm

Simple people watch golf

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Sat 27 Apr 2013, 4:18 pm

I'm conflicted like A-Force. This is not 'spammy' Jab machine. Jesus, you really do live up to your name, jab, jab, jab. What's wrong with you, are you unable to simply debate? You're like the George Bush of Boxing 606v2.

'We're going to terrorize the terrorists.'

Imbecile.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 27 Apr 2013, 4:22 pm

The more violent the better. We all loved Hagler/Hearns, MAB/ Morales because they were especially violent and both were hurt.

We all loved the Benn/Gman fight and all felt for Benn when he let out the primal scream after the fight was stopped. The more violent the fight, the more our caveman instincts are let out.

Deny that but don't tell me you prefer watching Johnny Nelson/Waring fight over the 2 mentioned above.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Sat 27 Apr 2013, 4:37 pm

I do enjoy a good bruising every now and again.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Sat 27 Apr 2013, 4:38 pm

I mean look at Rocky 1. We loved seeing his stupid mashed up face at the end., the way he seemed damaged, the cries for his partner. Hardly non-violence related, was it?

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sat 27 Apr 2013, 4:41 pm

It depends on your level of interest in the game. A moderate fan just wants to see war ans knockouts while more dedicated fans like myself wants to see skills employed and tactics executed to full effect.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 27 Apr 2013, 4:43 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:It depends on your level of interest in the game. A moderate fan just wants to see war ans knockouts while more dedicated fans like myself wants to see skills employed and tactics executed to full effect.

The two fights I mentioned were extremely highly skilled in the way they went about it.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sat 27 Apr 2013, 4:45 pm

Haglar gambled against Hearns and it paid off because it never made sense that anyone would try to chin check dangerous Tommy from round 1

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Sat 27 Apr 2013, 4:48 pm

I don't particularly like seeing someone get a sustained beating, I would much rather the ref step in when it gets too one sided. However back and forth wars are what boxing is all about.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sat 27 Apr 2013, 5:20 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:It depends on your level of interest in the game. A moderate fan just wants to see war ans knockouts while more dedicated fans like myself wants to see skills employed and tactics executed to full effect.

Spot on.

I feel the same way.

I have some friends who tune in to some fights just for a brutal KO and if it does not happen, they go home very unhappy and start preferring UFC.

I, on the other hand, love knockouts but would rather a very decent and close fight.

Fights like Mayweather vs De La Hoya, Khan vs Maidana, MAB vs Hamed. All 12 rounders with great skill on show, a knockdown here or there, endurance and technique (not to mention heart)

Donaire vs Rigondeux was brilliant as was Derry vs Matthews.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Sat 27 Apr 2013, 6:32 pm

The more you watch the more violence you want. By nature we push to extreme.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 27 Apr 2013, 6:56 pm

davidemore wrote:I do enjoy a good bruising every now and again.

I bet you do..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sat 27 Apr 2013, 7:12 pm

One of pet hates in any a sports, but more especially boxing because its so subjective, is the term "if you dont like XYZ's game/style you know nothing about boxing". I cant describe how moronic that argument is. Imagine a someone saying if you dont enjoy watching Shiv Chanderpaul graft a hundred you dont know nothing about cricket. Really, who died and made the aesthetics emperor?
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by KO-KING Sat 27 Apr 2013, 10:04 pm

I enjoy this side of the game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3zhSchfLp8

KO-KING

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down