The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

State of Our Union

5 posters

Go down

State of Our Union Empty State of Our Union

Post by davidemore Mon 29 Apr 2013, 9:46 pm

I've been thinking about boxing lately. Really thinking, and for some reason I feel that it is on the up.

Week after week of big fights, with various promoters, huge crowds in several continents come fight night, promoters finally putting their fighters on the line in the name of the sport-- 50/50 style.

BAJINGA!

Characters emerge from the HW division and i tell myself to calm down. No one knows for certain what THE FURY might do next, say next, pull next. But isn't that what we crave in the division of men big? In the marquee division of the sport we need personality more now than ever. MORE NOW THAN EVER. The Drones cannot bore us forever. And here it is in the shape of Tyson Fury, a man willing to face anyone, a man willing to... sing. Oh, and here it is again in the name of Deontay "Bomb Squad" Wilder. I'll take these two in my arms and smother them in adulation if it gets me what I want, what i need.

Big mouthed big fights in the big division.

GBP grew balls this year, Eddie Hearn grew a stable, and the stars of the sport put it on the line, for us, the purest fans in sport, the most violent.

Saul Canelo, the one I once called yellow, stood up at twenty-two and put it on the line this year. I admire thee and bow to such braveness at such a tender age, for he is a true red blooded fighter.

And what of the one we once called Pretty Boy? He is back after serving at the displeasure of the American justice system. What is left of him? How will he be against the ironically nicknamed ghost ? A man sure to be very visible come fight night. Very engaged. tomato

Something tells me glory is coming men. Something tells me that huge fights with huge purses and tens of thousands in attendance will soon be the common theme come fight night. Stars are not only born, they are supernova's ready to blow. Do we not love the combustion as much as the magnetic force?

Sergio Martinez will soon be gone, we know this. But wont we watch him when he falls? Wont we hail Adrien Broner's skills, while secretly hoping that Paulie finds power, any power, and silences the foul mouthed boy who acts like a boy we once knew?

We have much to be thankful for this year, much to applaud and many boxing spoils to share. Possibly none finer than in the clinic, where Rigo came out clean and proven, glorious and brilliant. Donaire will come again, but will he come once again for the Cuban?

Men of men, I ask you to stand and await the Warrior's Call. A night of boxing that will surely epitomize all that is right, all that is righteous in our sport. May 25th will soon be here.

As the USA take early blood from the UK, who will be the first true Brit to destroy Yank pride on boxing's biggest night? Lee Purdy? We shall see.

The state of the game may never have been finer in recent years. Not even when RJJ still had sense was there so much to lose and even more to gain for boxing's current finest neck veined, clubbing maniacs. Glorious.

This game we enjoy today, well... well... WELL... it makes me want to hug you all. heart

davidemore

Back to top Go down

State of Our Union Empty Re: State of Our Union

Post by eddyfightfan Mon 29 Apr 2013, 9:58 pm

fury just beat a american.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by ChelskiFanski Mon 29 Apr 2013, 10:28 pm

Gave up reading halfway. Stop trying to be a "character" and just be yourself. That applies to the real world too.

ChelskiFanski

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 30 Apr 2013, 2:38 pm

Must have taken you about half an hour to write this...

More content and less bollox....Get to the juice quicker....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by All Time Great Tue 30 Apr 2013, 9:25 pm

I enjoyed reading that.

But yes, boxing seems to be going through a dramatic recovery as a sport this year. We've had some huge fights and many of them 50:50.

Filling the O2 is no mean feat, so credit where it's due to Froch.

All Time Great

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Wed 01 May 2013, 10:42 am

Thanks All Time Great, really has been a great start and now we have MAYWEATHER coming up!

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down