The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why we should be more lenient to steroid abusers in Boxing!!

+20
Valero's Conscience
J.Benson II
kingraf
rIck_dAgless
aja424
BoomBoomBaby
TopHat24/7
Strongback
Boxtthis
Rowley
Lumbering_Jack
bellchees
Seanusarrilius
Diamond in the rough
azania
hazharrison
88Chris05
JabMachineMK2
Rodney
TRUSSMAN66
24 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Why we should be more lenient to steroid abusers in Boxing!! - Page 2 Empty Why we should be more lenient to steroid abusers in Boxing!!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri May 03, 2013 6:31 am

First topic message reminder :

Let's look at steroids and there affects..........on the Boxer...........Rememebr steroids increase muscle..........

1. Punching is a snapping motion not a pushing motion...........Lifting weights is a pushing/ pulling motion.......Won't affect power at all...

2. Lifting weights reduces muscle relaxation capacity.......More muscle means you're slower...makes you stiff..........makes you tire out faster

3. The weight behing your punches is not your muscle........It's your bodyweight...

other reasons too why steroids are pretty much useless to a fighter.....but these are enough!!

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Fri May 03, 2013 6:36 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Why we should be more lenient to steroid abusers in Boxing!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Why we should be more lenient to steroid abusers in Boxing!!

Post by JabMachineMK2 Fri May 03, 2013 10:28 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:You don't know what's being used by different athletes............

Christie was done for Nandrolone...........as were others which shouldn't help a boxer .

Nandrolone is hugely popular.

And neither do you Truss, its ignorant to claim someone is wrong if you don't have the cold hard facts yourself. How do you know for a fact that boxers don't get anything from steroids?

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Why we should be more lenient to steroid abusers in Boxing!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Why we should be more lenient to steroid abusers in Boxing!!

Post by Rowley Fri May 03, 2013 10:31 am

JabMachineMK2 wrote: How do you know for a fact that boxers don't get anything from steroids?

Which leads back to my original question that if indeed they don't why would they take them?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by aja424 Fri May 03, 2013 10:40 am

Exacly- Most top level boxers have doctors working alongside them.
I'm sure that they have a much larger knowledge bank regarding whether a certain steroid has a positive effect on a boxer, than the stuff you have read about the matter in magazines such as 'Flex' and 'musclemag'.

aja424

Back to top Go down

Post by Diamond in the rough Fri May 03, 2013 10:43 am

I'm pretty sure if a boxer is taking these things they no fine well what effect they have which must benefit them or they wouldn't take it....

Diamond in the rough

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Fri May 03, 2013 10:45 am

This is utter gash, it really is...

You're assuming that they would use steroid for muscle growth only.

Have you considered recovery/training for longer and harder etc...

Awful stuff Truss. You're usually better than this type of cheap wind up material.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 03, 2013 10:46 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:Let's have a load of fighters off their face on steroids all belting each other in the face with plaster filled handwraps

Missing the point of the article and being a silly in the process..
Not really...Vince Phillips took a hellacious beating from Ricky Hatton and subsequently tested positive for banned substances. At the time the comentary team were asking how Phillips remained standing after the shots he took. It's not unreasonable to suggest that the substance he took was a contributing factor in his ability to go the full 12.

Now whilst he didn't win, there was the potential for him to cause an upset. Say Hatton hits him with the everything but the kitchen sink and starts to fade after 11 rounds but Phillips is still standing and goes on to stop an exhausted Hatton, isn't Phillips gaining an unfair advantage? Isn't he cheating? Shouldn't he be punished?

The fact that all he did was put his own health at risk by taking more punishment that he might normally have done so should not be an excuse for leniency.

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri May 03, 2013 10:55 am

I dont know how I would feel if my brother died in a fight with a dirty fighter. I mean imagine if Foreman had EPO!!!

Dont tell me they dont help per se.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Fri May 03, 2013 11:06 am

hazharrison wrote:There is a line of thinking (held by some pretty decent writers) that PEDS should be open to all.

Thats the view I hold.

The reason is because the notion of drug free sport in the modern day is just total fantasy.
No method of current testing is effective. Even the much heralded Olympic style testing is very ineffective in the overall scheme of things.
You have to remember that the fact that the term "steriods" is an umbrella term to describe hundreds of drugs. In order to make sport "clean", you would need to test the athletes on a weekly, if not daily basis...and you would have to test them for every substance and drug under the umbrella, some of which require advanced testing equitment. Its just impractical and would be far to expensive to monitor.

I disagree with Truss suggesting that steroids aren’t going to improve a fighter. Of course, it depends on what drugs we’re referring too. Some popular steroids amongst gym rats like Trenbolone would actually be a hindrance to a boxer – due to the cramps and strong pumps associated with the drug (which I can attest to).

However, I don’t see how a boxer would see anything BUT benefits from certain other drugs – low dosages of Testosterone (higher end of HRT) will strengthen the boxer making him more powerful (especially useful in clinches and for boxers whose natural testosterone productions are declining with age). Deca (aka Nanandrolone) builds strength without adding much size and is known to help lubricate the joints. Low dosages of GH aid recovery thus making training more efficient and injuries less costly. Insulin after training to help nourish the body. EPO is the holy grail for any athlete that requires endurance and stamina. Oral steroids like Cheque Drops and Halotestin provide an instant strength boost, not too mention a rapid boost in aggression and adrenaline. Then you’ve got diuretics like the infamous DNP that will quickly aid weight loss and powerful stimulants like ephedrine.
All this doesn’t even include the obvious advantages drugs would have for boxers who are moving up in weight class and looking to add muscle while increasing power and maintaining speed.

The overall benefits are very easy to see.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 03, 2013 11:17 am

So are you trying to level the playing field by saying that Mayweather's opponents are allowed to take drugs in order to make the fight a bit more even handed?

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Fri May 03, 2013 11:20 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Seanusarrilius wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Let's look at steroids and there affects..........on the Boxer...........Rememebr steroids increase muscle..........

1. Punching is a snapping motion not a pushing motion...........Lifting weights is a pushing/ pulling motion.......Won't affect power at all...

2. Lifting weights reduces muscle relaxation capacity.......More muscle means you're slower...makes you stiff..........makes you tire out faster

3. The weight behing your punches is not your muscle........It's your bodyweight...

other reasons too why steroids are pretty much useless to a fighter.....but these are enough!!

America, land of the cheat

Nothing like cheap stereotyping..............

Sorry, America, where cheats are argued for

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri May 03, 2013 11:25 am

Lumbering_Jack wrote:This is utter gash, it really is...

You're assuming that they would use steroid for muscle growth only.

Have you considered recovery/training for longer and harder etc...

Awful stuff Truss. You're usually better than this type of cheap wind up material.

Got it off the internet and it backed up my opinion...That most steroids are pointless for boxers..

I thank you not to question my motives...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri May 03, 2013 11:29 am

Rowley wrote:
JabMachineMK2 wrote: How do you know for a fact that boxers don't get anything from steroids?

Which leads back to my original question that if indeed they don't why would they take them?

Tribulus ws a popular substance taken by bodybuilders to promote muscle......Turns out tests show it did nothing at all..............Tests show the athletes that took the placebo got more muscle.........people often assume things work..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Fri May 03, 2013 11:29 am

Why we should be more lenient to steroid abusers in Boxing........because most of your favorite fighters have probably done it at one point in their career!

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyjojo618 Fri May 03, 2013 11:30 am

To those suggesting that PED's should be open to all; do you mean all sports? Wouldnt that mean that some sporting contests could potentially be decided on who was prepared to take the most severe course of PED's during training? And doesnt something like EPO massively increase the risk of strokes and heart attacks? I can imagine certain less scrupulous countries might force their young athletes to do dangerous things to their bodies to get an edge.

Boxing is different in that the boxer is solely responsible for what goes in, but I could still see it spiraling dangerously if we let the floodgates open.

joeyjojo618

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri May 03, 2013 11:30 am

Valero's Conscience wrote:Why we should be more lenient to steroid abusers in Boxing........because most of your favorite fighters have probably done it at one point in their career!

Are you asking me or telling me..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri May 03, 2013 11:33 am

I would never buy a Nike shoe again if it were revealed that it wasnt the shoes, just the juice that was responsible for a victory
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Fri May 03, 2013 11:35 am

You haven't backed up anything Truss. It is a subject you are quite obviously clueless on. Have a read of Bensons post, it may teach you a thing or two.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri May 03, 2013 11:40 am

I've got my results from clinical study reports on the internet....

Benson's good.........but I'll trust the experts..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri May 03, 2013 11:41 am

Besides I've took them....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Fri May 03, 2013 11:43 am

Your argument is pretty laughable actually.

"Steroids are bad because they give you more muscle and hinder stamina."

If that's the best you've got fat lad it's not looking good for you.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri May 03, 2013 11:45 am

Never said they were bad............Just rsults were negligible for Boxers..

Why don't we agree to disagree as you're starting to insult me...

and I get hurt easily..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri May 03, 2013 11:48 am

Lets all calm down.
The question is, would you knowingly get into the ring with a kid on the sauce
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri May 03, 2013 11:49 am

I'm nice and calm...

I would.........Boxing is hitting without being hit...Isn't it!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Fri May 03, 2013 11:50 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Valero's Conscience wrote:Why we should be more lenient to steroid abusers in Boxing........because most of your favorite fighters have probably done it at one point in their career!

Are you asking me or telling me..

Telling you. I think it's far more wide spread than reported for all sports including boxing. Not steroids in particular but PED's.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri May 03, 2013 11:51 am

I think it is too... but you're being harsh on my favorite fighters ............

Nothing to suggest Honeyghan and Duran ever took them..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Fri May 03, 2013 11:57 am

I don't obviously have proof but as it appears a problem in most sports I see no reason to exclude boxing.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri May 03, 2013 12:08 pm

It is interesting, that your boy Floyd wouldnt partake in the pay-per-view extravaganza, because he wanted OSDT, and yet you dont seem to mind a little Hot Sauce, Truss. Of course a fan doesnt need to share a fighters convictions (Im a Pacquiao fan and a huge Martinez fan, and Im not catholic), Im just suprised you diverge on this particular matter.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri May 03, 2013 12:09 pm

Up to Floyd the stipulations he makes.........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri May 03, 2013 12:13 pm

No, of course it is, Im just honestly suprised
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri May 03, 2013 12:14 pm

Dope isb for dopes! So many devices and legal ways to get the same results
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Fri May 03, 2013 1:10 pm

very simplistic view on a very complex issue, haven't had time to read through the posts but why are you just concentrating on what one form of performing enhancing drugs do, the sport is rife with many forms. stuff like EPO has nothing to do with gaining muscle but increases the amount of red blood cells in the body which increases endurance and recovery. likewise these so called steroids that just build muscle enable athletes to train much harder because the recovery period is a lot less. this doesn't just mean weight lifting, it also enables athletes to work harder on their cardio

boxing has one of the worst drug testing procedures out of all the sports when really it should have one of the best considering the risks involved

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri May 03, 2013 1:12 pm

Boxing is the art of hitting..without getting hit.......

Drugs aren't as much of an issue as in other sports...

Which is my main point.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 03, 2013 1:35 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Boxing is the art of hitting..without getting hit.......
Drugs aren't as much of an issue as in other sports...

Which is my main point.
So if a fighter using is PEDS and has an encreased endurance/workrate as a result, does this not mean he's able to throw and land more shots thus increasing the liklihood of injury to his opponent?

That in itself seems to give cause for concern

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Fri May 03, 2013 1:35 pm

one of the best forms of defence is speed getting in and out of range and hitting him before he can hit you (Boxing is the art of hitting..without getting hit.....), something which PED's help with, yes they might not teach you a savvy defence like a hopkins or a mayweather. but how many boxers out there would consider defence their best attribute? and how many would win despite giving all the physical advantages away to a boxer who's juiced?

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri May 03, 2013 1:36 pm

Depends which kind of peds you take.............

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Fri May 03, 2013 1:40 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Depends which kind of peds you take.............

are you suggesting we allow some cheats to get away with while we ban others? all PEDs are banned for good reason. of course they have different affects but they ALL give an advantage over an opponent who isn't taking them

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri May 03, 2013 1:43 pm

Leniency in the sports where use isn't the real deal............

Boxing is all about hit and not getting hit......Not a sprint or an endurance race......per se.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Fri May 03, 2013 1:48 pm

you can not be hit for four rounds straight and hit him plenty but if that one punch he hits you with his powerful enough to knock you out because he's been doping then its a game changer.

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri May 03, 2013 1:50 pm

Steroids don't increase punch power...........

Hearns was a stick insect at 147

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Fri May 03, 2013 1:53 pm

of course they do!! they build body mass, the bigger and stronger you are the harder you hit. you trying to tell me that manny hits harder than a klitschko? or perhaps its just that wlad has the better technique!!!!

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Fri May 03, 2013 1:55 pm

if you dont believe me please take a look at Alistair overeem's career in mma, pretty poor light heavy goes away to japan and juices up to a monster then comes back as a knock out machine at heavy

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Fri May 03, 2013 1:56 pm

after Why we should be more lenient to steroid abusers in Boxing!! - Page 2 2Q==

Last edited by compelling and rich on Fri May 03, 2013 2:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri May 03, 2013 1:57 pm

compelling and rich wrote:of course they do!! they build body mass, the bigger and stronger you are the harder you hit. you trying to tell me that manny hits harder than a klitschko? or perhaps its just that wlad has the better technique!!!!

Why I said below heavyweight they are of little imporatnce as one has to make weight..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Fri May 03, 2013 2:01 pm

it does if a lanky lightweight steps up and bulks out to be a middleweight knock out merchant. like my example above, he went from a division below and pretty poor one at that to the division above and one of the best!

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Fri May 03, 2013 2:02 pm

forgot to put the before picture

Why we should be more lenient to steroid abusers in Boxing!! - Page 2 9c95a0105c77318f11c8a11ff6387bd1

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by winchester Fri May 03, 2013 5:57 pm

They should just allow steroids in sports.

winchester

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat May 04, 2013 1:28 pm

Might come a time when they'll have so many abusers....They might have to think about it.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Sat May 04, 2013 1:34 pm

This thread IS A COMPLETE JOKE!

Fighters can kill each other, and you accept PED's in the sport, Truss?

Awful thread, actually, quite sickening when you think about it. Just as bad as those taboo race ones, IMO.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat May 04, 2013 1:35 pm

Never said I wanted PEDs in the sport..........Behave yourself..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Sat May 04, 2013 1:35 pm

heart

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next