The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Very worried about the Wawrinka match

3 posters

Go down

Very worried about the Wawrinka match Empty Very worried about the Wawrinka match

Post by socal1976 Thu May 16, 2013 12:24 am

Have to say it Stan has been playing great and after that epic where he really did outplay Novak for most of that match and since his recent drubbing of murray, this will be a big test for Djokovic. Novak's ankle is still bothering him from that silly sojourn in Boise. He took an MTO in the dimitrov match and stated that he hadn't been able to practice at all after MC due to the ankle. He says that it isn't bothering him I am aware of those quotes but yet he is playing with a brace and he confessed that between MC and Madrid he could not practice. Also the way Stan is playing on what I think is his best surface he can be a bear of an opponent with his heavy swings. I really see this as being at best a 60/40 shot that Djokovic will get by an inform and dangerous Wawrinka. I also do not like the fact that he is playing with a brace and has acknowledged that he couldn't practice prior to Madrid, despite his victory over Nadal at MC I feel like his Davis cup misadventure is going to prove itself costly. This will be a very hard match and Wawrinka is the kind of opponent on current form who can beat Djokovic.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Very worried about the Wawrinka match Empty Re: Very worried about the Wawrinka match

Post by Born Slippy Thu May 16, 2013 1:40 am

Yes, Stan's a fine player. If he hadn't withdrawn before his match with Dolgo he might have really caused Novak some problems...

Born Slippy

Back to top Go down

Very worried about the Wawrinka match Empty Re: Very worried about the Wawrinka match

Post by socal1976 Thu May 16, 2013 2:52 am

Whoops I am 24 hrs behind with time difference and the 10 hrs back log on my DVR, certainly have egg on my face should watch the results before I do this type of thread. Thanks.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Thu May 16, 2013 5:43 am

I was about to write you should worry about Fognini in Djoko's draw [Ala Nadal's quarter] which symbolizes Djoko not gonna win the title.

Would be lovely if both Djoko and Nadal bow out tomorrow Very Happy , but neither gonna happen.

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down