The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Micheal Lynagh... On the Ball As Usual

+29
fa0019
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
ME-109
George Carlin
Full Credit
asoreleftshoulder
SecretFly
trebellbobaggins
t1000advancedprototype
Pal Joey
Hookisms and Hyperbole
100%beefy
kiakahaaotearoa
Impossible Standards
offload
Icu
BigTrevsbigmac
littlejohn
Jhamer25
tecphobe
Biltong
Taylorman
ChequeredJersey
sensisball
belovedfrosties
GunsGerms
Geordie
gowershowerpower
thebluesmancometh
33 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Micheal Lynagh... On the Ball As Usual - Page 4 Empty Micheal Lynagh... On the Ball As Usual

Post by thebluesmancometh Fri 24 May 2013, 12:45 pm

First topic message reminder :

Firstly all the talk is about how amazing the Aussie Super teams skill levels are and how they are all playing immensely... Despite the league format proving otherwise, and all teams similar standings to last seasons finish.

He loves to highlight how goo players like AAC, Folau, and JOC are, despite 2 having poor games this morning showing little going forward and totally outclassed by Inman and English.

Then we talk about the strengths of the Aus team... The back row Shocked

Then Cooper will definately be named in the Aus team, despite him being told he has to defend in the front line to prove himself for international rugby and him not doing so much at all! Lynagh is convinced Cooper and Beale should be named and assessed at the camp, how can Beale be assessed where he is now? And surely for all Coopers weaknesses what he brings to any team isn't up for debate, it's his attitude toward everything, and Deans relationship!

And lastly Lynagh scoffs at the perceived weakness of the Aus scrum and physicality, as they beat both Wales and England in the Autumn and their scrum was the better despite being weakened...

Oh Mr Lynagh you sure know how to make astute observations.

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Micheal Lynagh... On the Ball As Usual - Page 4 Empty Re: Micheal Lynagh... On the Ball As Usual

Post by thebluesmancometh Wed 29 May 2013, 3:10 pm

ChequeredJersey wrote:I'm not sure there's evidence that JOC has been poor defensively. He has had a sternum injury, prior to that he had a 89% tackle completion rate and 60-odd tackles in a poor team

Tell that to Rene Ranger!

Linebreaker

Was it seriously that bad, I thought the diagnosis was 2 - 4 weeks, shame because as much as Ive slated his performances I wouldve loved to see him give one last hoorah to the Aus fans on the int stage, he seemed to disappear without a trace (well from what I saw) and never really got the send off he deserved.

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Micheal Lynagh... On the Ball As Usual - Page 4 Empty Re: Micheal Lynagh... On the Ball As Usual

Post by Pal Joey Wed 29 May 2013, 3:16 pm

They say he's a quick healer but there's only so many times you can bang the ligaments in your knee and I guess we'll have to wait and see how he recovers.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Wed 29 May 2013, 3:18 pm

Linebreaker wrote:They say he's a quick healer but there's only so many times you can bang the ligaments in your knee and I guess we'll have to wait and see how he recovers.

Fingers crossed he makes the squad, and features at some point, if nothing else his experience will be invaluable on the training paddock.

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Wed 29 May 2013, 4:15 pm

That's one match. Plus O'Connor clearly injured his sternum before that which would affect most people's performance - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTk4PszBxJE

Other than that game he has been in good defensive nick this season, and in the past for Australia, and has one-on-one tackled the likes of a full-pace Spies. If he is fit then he will make all his tackles, stats of 89% (8 missed tackles in total) even included the match where he played with a significant injury which would have changed both his willingness to go into contact and his approach/technique are actually very impressive. I hope he doesn't play because he is excellent at defence and attack (though maybe not as good as Sexton at game management)
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Wed 29 May 2013, 4:28 pm

ChequeredJersey wrote:That's one match. Plus O'Connor clearly injured his sternum before that which would affect most people's performance - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTk4PszBxJE

Other than that game he has been in good defensive nick this season, and in the past for Australia, and has one-on-one tackled the likes of a full-pace Spies. If he is fit then he will make all his tackles, stats of 89% (8 missed tackles in total) even included the match where he played with a significant injury which would have changed both his willingness to go into contact and his approach/technique are actually very impressive. I hope he doesn't play because he is excellent at defence and attack (though maybe not as good as Sexton at game management)

There are no question marks about any part of the guys game before the injuries, 2 years ago he was one of the best around, but this season he has been nowhere near the same guy yet. Yes the stats are impressive but he has been playing 10, and generally gets help in the tackle area, I think RP's defencive stats are pretty good too, despite him not being able to make a tackle.

JOC will do his job, but he isn't a destructive tackler by a long shot, and not as good defencively as Barnes IMO, and watching the likes of Tuilagi and Roberts going down the 10/12 channell all day will really hurt those 2, and the backrow for having to cover them time and time again.

JOC at his best this season has been a good club player but a shadow of his former self, is he able to raise his performance to test level, and to where he was 2 years ago in the next 5 weeks without test rugby? I'm not sure.

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by fa0019 Wed 29 May 2013, 4:30 pm

One very under-estimated tackler in the AUS backline is Adam Ashley-Cooper. If he plays 80mins for all 3 tests he's going to give either Manu or BOD a massive challenge.
He is never flashy but his basics are very very good.

fa0019

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Wed 29 May 2013, 4:36 pm

I think we are overestimating the worry that the Australian backs will see from Tuilagi or Roberts. They play very regularly against the likes of Nonu, De Villiers, F Steyn, played against SBW, every South African Centre ever and more. Physicality in the centres (Tuilagi adds a bit lot more in terms of an outside break) is something they are far better equipped to deal with than any NH side.

JOC this year has been playing with bad ball in a side that is incomparable in terms of the general quality to the Wallabies' full 15. Warburton and Roberts have been playing like gash at the Blues. Is that because they have become worse players or because it's harder to play well in a struggling team? I think we'll see, if he plays, a very fired up JOC that looks like the player of 2 years ago because he will be able to play like that
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Wed 29 May 2013, 4:38 pm

fa0019 wrote:One very under-estimated tackler in the AUS backline is Adam Ashley-Cooper. If he plays 80mins for all 3 tests he's going to give either Manu or BOD a massive challenge.

Usually, however he looked a bit ropy last weekend, he and Mitchell looked like strangers at times and AAC was outplayed by his opposite number. Poor day for him.

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Wed 29 May 2013, 4:39 pm

fa0019 wrote:One very under-estimated tackler in the AUS backline is Adam Ashley-Cooper. If he plays 80mins for all 3 tests he's going to give either Manu or BOD a massive challenge.

I dont under estimate his tackling. I know its first class. He can even tackle two guys at the same time. Did you see that clip v SA?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEt-TfB5amI

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Wed 29 May 2013, 4:43 pm

ChequeredJersey wrote:I think we are overestimating the worry that the Australian backs will see from Tuilagi or Roberts. They play very regularly against the likes of Nonu, De Villiers, F Steyn, played against SBW, every South African Centre ever and more. Physicality in the centres (Tuilagi adds a bit lot more in terms of an outside break) is something they are far better equipped to deal with than any NH side.

JOC this year has been playing with bad ball in a side that is incomparable in terms of the general quality to the Wallabies' full 15. Warburton and Roberts have been playing like gash at the Blues. Is that because they have become worse players or because it's harder to play well in a struggling team? I think we'll see, if he plays, a very fired up JOC that looks like the player of 2 years ago because he will be able to play like that

You make a very good point, however Warbs and Roberts and the rest of the squad will all have games under their belts, and should be better equippid to hit the ground running.

I'm not sure if you can 'overestimate' the threat of players, that is part of the analysis, underestimating someone could cause real problems however and I doubt Aus will be silly enough to do that.

Of the big SA players too, Tuilagi sat down both Steyn and De villies just last summer, and was a wrecking ball in the SA games, he can beat backs for fun given half the chance, and is one of the most physical presences ball in hand on the planet, remember how good a platform BOD gave Roberts last time out? How good can Tuilagi look with with very good ball players around him???

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Wed 29 May 2013, 4:45 pm

True. I guess we'll find out soon anyway
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Wed 29 May 2013, 4:52 pm

ChequeredJersey wrote:True. I guess we'll find out soon anyway

Yep, I have a wishlist of things I want to see down under...

1/ Roberts and Tuilagi partnership!

2/ Hogg at 10!

3/ A Kangeroo!

4/ Beale in a bar (the drinks will be on me)

5/ The lions v Aussie legends game!

6/ 6-7 thousand lions tourists who are all planning on driving up the coast between Melbourne and Sydney in the 7 days between test 2 and 3, and realising it's a holiday and all the hotels/camps are booked and full Laugh then standing around whinging in their flip flops and balancing a beer on their belly while wearing the replica top

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Wed 29 May 2013, 4:56 pm

Regrettably I shall be spend most of the next 2 months in the library, trying to make up for the time spent away from revision watching the Lions Matches and desperately hoping that my Pathology, Medical Specialties and PACEs exams have questions like "what is James O'Connor's tackle completion rate in the Super 15 this year?" or "Discuss the pros and cons of a Tuilagi-O'Driscoll partnership at centre". I fear they will not, unless JPR has been heavily involved in writing them
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Wed 29 May 2013, 5:01 pm

thebluesmancometh wrote:

2/ Hogg at 10!

3/ A Kangeroo!

6/ 6-7 thousand lions tourists who are all planning on driving up the coast between Melbourne and Sydney in the 7 days between test 2 and 3, and realising it's a holiday and all the hotels/camps are booked and full Micheal Lynagh... On the Ball As Usual - Page 4 810156456 then standing around whinging in their flip flops and balancing a beer on their belly while wearing the replica top

Hogg at 10?!? Did you get a belt on the head?

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Wed 29 May 2013, 5:04 pm

ChequeredJersey wrote:Regrettably I shall be spend most of the next 2 months in the library, trying to make up for the time spent away from revision watching the Lions Matches and desperately hoping that my Pathology, Medical Specialties and PACEs exams have questions like "what is James O'Connor's tackle completion rate in the Super 15 this year?" or "Discuss the pros and cons of a Tuilagi-O'Driscoll partnership at centre". I fear they will not, unless JPR has been heavily involved in writing them

If JPR is setting them you'd better know all your stats on how to beat drink drive tests too Wink

I'm looking at 2 months with nose to grindstone. I've already used up most of this year's annual leave on trips to NZ in Feb and Apr, and the remainder could well be spent on Christmas in NZ. It's my own fault for getting into an insanely long-distance relationship Doh
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Wed 29 May 2013, 6:00 pm

GunsGerms wrote:
thebluesmancometh wrote:

2/ Hogg at 10!

3/ A Kangeroo!

6/ 6-7 thousand lions tourists who are all planning on driving up the coast between Melbourne and Sydney in the 7 days between test 2 and 3, and realising it's a holiday and all the hotels/camps are booked and full Micheal Lynagh... On the Ball As Usual - Page 4 810156456 then standing around whinging in their flip flops and balancing a beer on their belly while wearing the replica top

Hogg at 10?!? Did you get a belt on the head?

He is third option according to Gatland and Sexton and Farell can't play every game, he's a strain or knock away from being a test 10 option of some sort, so I'd expect to see him get some gametime just in case!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Wed 29 May 2013, 6:00 pm

I watched Sexton vs Ulster the other day. He played well. I watched Cruden vs Carter and the Crusaders the other day. He was sublime. Against better foe and against the best 10 in history he completely outplayed him and at times embarrssed him.

To compare Sexton and Cruden is a joke. Sexton is 27, Cruden is 24. Cruden has already won as captain the U20 world champs, as back up 10 the actual World cup and was they key playmaker in the Chiefs super xv last year, and for this years so far leading Chiefs side again. Crudens career has been slightly curtailed by DC.

Sextons career has been heavily curtailed by ROG. Go figure that one out!
To go on to say Sexton is the next thing to DC when no one in the SH even bats an eyelid at the name is bordering on ridiculous. Like we in the SH say...you really need to get out more...its a big world out there...

Here's a snippet on the DC Cruden comparison the other night...somehow being mentioned as a pointer for Deans and how he plays his 10's vs the Lions. Can't say Sexton is ever seen in the same light.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/waikato-times/sport/chiefs/8726301/What-Deans-could-learn-from-Cruden-v-Carter

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Wed 29 May 2013, 6:15 pm

Taylorman wrote:I watched Sexton vs Ulster the other day. He played well. I watched Cruden vs Carter and the Crusaders the other day. He was sublime. Against better foe and against the best 10 in history he completely outplayed him and at times embarrssed him.

To compare Sexton and Cruden is a joke. Sexton is 27, Cruden is 24. Cruden has already won as captain the U20 world champs, as back up 10 the actual World cup and was they key playmaker in the Chiefs super xv last year, and for this years so far leading Chiefs side again. Crudens career has been slightly curtailed by DC.

Sextons career has been heavily curtailed by ROG. Go figure that one out!
To go on to say Sexton is the next thing to DC when no one in the SH even bats an eyelid at the name is bordering on ridiculous. Like we in the SH say...you really need to get out more...its a big world out there...

Here's a snippet on the DC Cruden comparison the other night...somehow being mentioned as a pointer for Deans and how he plays his 10's vs the Lions. Can't say Sexton is ever seen in the same light.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/waikato-times/sport/chiefs/8726301/What-Deans-could-learn-from-Cruden-v-Carter

You mean by a certain few posters on this forum? I know a large amount os SH players and coaches who all rate Sexton as high as anyone in the game, he has recently commanded the biggest wage in europe, go figure that one out!

ROG never curtailed Sextons career, Kidney did that moreso as a Munsterman looking at a specific gameplan based around ROG's use of the boot (don't slate ROG whatever you do)

I have met plenty of SA fans who rate DC below Steyn, I have met Kiwi's who flat out refuse to acknowledge anything from the NH on principal (sound familiar to you Taylor) I have also met Aussies who will swear DC could never do what Cooper or Beale could.

To hold Crudens back up to DC as a plaudit, wow, that is inspirational stuff, except when you consider how bad a player Donald is who superceded Cruden at times and finished the RWC final Laugh Didn't Cruden also not get selected for Donald and Slade initially?

Comparisons are pretty futile of the players when you consider their club acheivements (if thats what you want to do?) Sextons playmaker role and key role for Leinster in winning every club competition the NH has to offer and Crudens Super win last season aren't too dissimilar.

I always think of it in selection purposes, if I were to select a world 23 right now to face a martion 23 DC would be my starter and Sexton my backup with Cruden and Lambie in reserve OK

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Wed 29 May 2013, 6:31 pm

Well luckily you arent selecting it then. Love to see which SA fans rate DC below Steyn...thats a first...all I've heard last 2-3 years is the wanting of Steyns head and they finally got it.

Lambies latest form will probably see him dropped for Steyn so no marks there either for your selction. When did Donald ever supercede Cruden. He was called in after his injury and left the Chiefs because he wouldnt remain the no. 1 10 with Cruden there. And its since the World cup that Cruden has flourished as a top 10. Before that, at 20, 21 etc it was all learning as you'd expect. And money in the NH is not proof of the best player.

All it means is more b)(*ms on seats to watch lesser quality matches. Sextons club titles also happen to be aided by an influx of talent and coaches from well.....here! Aint that a coincidence. I mean we only need to work on Lancaster and we'll be telling the entire home unions how to play as well as propping up half the clubs. Oh, and also maintain our own sxv and 4N sweeps while we're at it....geez it must be hard making argument without well...genuine...results Blues...

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Wed 29 May 2013, 6:46 pm

oh...and the little manner of both the Lions series coaches... Maitland on board after landing in the country only a few days ago after not securing an AB spot in years of trying here... perhaps we do underate NH players...but perhaps also you keep giving us a zillion and one reasons to do so...

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Wed 29 May 2013, 6:47 pm

Taylorman wrote:Well luckily you arent selecting it then. Love to see which SA fans rate DC below Steyn...thats a first...all I've heard last 2-3 years is the wanting of Steyns head and they finally got it.

Lambies latest form will probably see him dropped for Steyn so no marks there either for your selction. When did Donald ever supercede Cruden. He was called in after his injury and left the Chiefs because he wouldnt remain the no. 1 10 with Cruden there. And its since the World cup that Cruden has flourished as a top 10. Before that, at 20, 21 etc it was all learning as you'd expect. And money in the NH is not proof of the best player.

All it means is more b)(*ms on seats to watch lesser quality matches. Sextons club titles also happen to be aided by an influx of talent and coaches from well.....here! Aint that a coincidence. I mean we only need to work on Lancaster and we'll be telling the entire home unions how to play as well as propping up half the clubs. Oh, and also maintain our own sxv and 4N sweeps while we're at it....geez it must be hard making argument without well...genuine...results Blues...

Laugh Theres a reason kiwi fans get branded as arrogant Laugh

Did you say the Leinster team was propped up by kiwi talent, can you name that kiwi talent because aside from 2 cheap squadmen options I don't recognise them! But then of course you'll claim Thorne as a NZ product, Nacewa too I suppose?

I think what you mean by 'propping up' is that the market is influxed with cheap NZ products who will fill a role to a certain for a club, then move on to 3/4 more clubs before returning home, I hasten to make comparisons to Polish migration into Ireland but hey...

With regards to Cruden, who was named in the original NZ squad for the World cup? DC, and Slade? Does winning the World cup make you the best player in your position? Because Donald had more gametime than Cruden...

You can claim the top 14 is 'lesser quality' all you like, but Carter certainly didn't think so and infact didn't he mention a shock of how intense it was catching him by surprise, and attributing to his injury that coincidentally saw him injured for the rest of his time at Perpignan, after being passed on by Tolouse who it is rumoured claimed had learnt a very valuable lesson in paying him that much?

Not that I'm slating the guy, but he went from Tolouse to Perp for much less money, and a pay per play contract, which started to damage his reputation as the best 10 on the planet.

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Wed 29 May 2013, 7:06 pm

Only in your eyes Blues. fact is DC gets injured, more here than there, and usually for trivial reasons like goal kick practice- that doesnt make anyone less of a player. Anyway, DC's rep doesnt need defending- from what I hear he's far and beyond any 10 to ever live and breathe so why waste time there. I thinks hes often overated anyway. But certainly no more than Sexton is. The level of 10 in the last 10 years in the NH has been particularly low so I can understand how you might think the only good one is talented

In the SH, he's average. The AB's dont blink at the name, and they did with Cooper, and took specific steps to counter his impact...and did. For me thats the measure of a player. If there is a player last year we were more interested in BOD's impact than Sexton, as unlike Sexton, BOD has caused us a few moments, getting over the line when it looked unlikely, and commands more respect here than any Irish player. <Insert Mealamu Umaga incident here> to save anyone else doing the obvious.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Wed 29 May 2013, 7:45 pm

Taylorman wrote:Only in your eyes Blues. fact is DC gets injured, more here than there, and usually for trivial reasons like goal kick practice- that doesnt make anyone less of a player. Anyway, DC's rep doesnt need defending- from what I hear he's far and beyond any 10 to ever live and breathe so why waste time there. I thinks hes often overated anyway. But certainly no more than Sexton is. The level of 10 in the last 10 years in the NH has been particularly low so I can understand how you might think the only good one is talented

In the SH, he's average. The AB's dont blink at the name, and they did with Cooper, and took specific steps to counter his impact...and did. For me thats the measure of a player. If there is a player last year we were more interested in BOD's impact than Sexton, as unlike Sexton, BOD has caused us a few moments, getting over the line when it looked unlikely, and commands more respect here than any Irish player. <Insert Mealamu Umaga incident here> to save anyone else doing the obvious.

Well BOD's abilities as a 13 are up there with the best if not unrivalled, obviously he would be a danger man, similarly I bet Ireland would prepare for DC far more than they would Weepu, or Aaron Smith, similarly the lions will see Genia as a far larger threat than any other Aus player.

The talk of Sexton might be that he's the best of a bad NH bunch in NZ, but globally the talk is generally that he is as good as anyone around right now, I have Aus kiwi and SA friends who all rate him highly (although some also rate the HC as the best club tournament on the planet) and some people I have met refuse to acknowledge much outside of their own borders.

From what Ive seen of Cruden so far he is a good club player who thrives off probably the best international platform, and quality centres on the planet, he isn't a match winner on the int stage, but then I don't rate Dagg as super human like you do I bet either!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Wed 29 May 2013, 8:15 pm

Blues. I'm sure your friends would rate him even if they actually don't. And funny...unlike halfpenny Dagg is a winner on the international stage...over...and over...and over. Halfpenny sat in the boot while others won on the small stage...sorry...dont count...and was a LOSER on the big stage..his penalty miss from inside the French half COSTING Wales the final.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by 100%beefy Wed 29 May 2013, 8:35 pm

Taylorman...why do you bother commenting on this board...reading between the lines isn't hard, according to you SH is better than NH across the board so it just comes across as consistently boring gloating about how much better your players are than ours in every department.
Do you need reminding that your team had their butts kicked by england 6 months ago?

Last edited by 100%beefy on Wed 29 May 2013, 8:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

100%beefy

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Wed 29 May 2013, 8:48 pm

Taylorman wrote:Only in your eyes Blues. fact is DC gets injured, more here than there, and usually for trivial reasons like goal kick practice- that doesnt make anyone less of a player. Anyway, DC's rep doesnt need defending- from what I hear he's far and beyond any 10 to ever live and breathe so why waste time there. I thinks hes often overated anyway. But certainly no more than Sexton is. The level of 10 in the last 10 years in the NH has been particularly low so I can understand how you might think the only good one is talented

Of course the Kiwi's rate Cooper. He is a Kiwi, what do you expect.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Wed 29 May 2013, 8:56 pm

I'd actually forgotten that...he plays like an ozzie...

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Wed 29 May 2013, 9:38 pm

Taylor Ive lost a lot of respect for your opinion because of our discussions today (or should I say the rudeness of me doing anything other than cry for the lack of anything the NH can produce and you insulting me)

When your feeling in a less precious and emotional mood and would like to actually discuss issues as opposed to insult my character, knowledge, or personal intileect get back to me OK

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Hookisms and Hyperbole Wed 29 May 2013, 9:47 pm

Loud noises!

Hookisms and Hyperbole

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Wed 29 May 2013, 10:02 pm

Taylorman wrote:I'd actually forgotten that...he plays like an ozzie...

That's a bit harsh on Aussies.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Wed 29 May 2013, 10:33 pm

thebluesmancometh wrote:Taylor Ive lost a lot of respect for your opinion because of our discussions today (or should I say the rudeness of me doing anything other than cry for the lack of anything the NH can produce and you insulting me)

When your feeling in a less precious and emotional mood and would like to actually discuss issues as opposed to insult my character, knowledge, or personal intileect get back to me OK

Fair comment, wasnt enjoying it myself. I'll tone it down then.
Hug
Must be the nerves going into the next week or two as there is one huge amount of International rugby about to blow onto the international stage. I actually think the series will be close but perhaps for different reasons..

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Wed 29 May 2013, 10:35 pm

GunsGerms wrote:
Taylorman wrote:I'd actually forgotten that...he plays like an ozzie...

That's a bit harsh on Aussies.

Its more the way he gets that flat wide pass going. Happens all the time in league and you'd (well I would) think he's actually a league convert the way he runs the backline, yet he's never played it. Its certainly an influence on him.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Wed 29 May 2013, 10:37 pm

Taylorman wrote:
thebluesmancometh wrote:Taylor Ive lost a lot of respect for your opinion because of our discussions today (or should I say the rudeness of me doing anything other than cry for the lack of anything the NH can produce and you insulting me)

Fair comment, wasnt enjoying it myself. I'll tone it down then.
Hug
Must be the nerves going into the next week or two as there is one huge amount of International rugby about to blow onto the international stage. I actually think the series will be close but perhaps for different reasons..

TBH I definately think the fact I'm travelling on my first ever lions tour is allowing me to get carried away, I don't want to say my judgement is clouded but we'd definately 3-0 NZ right now, and the scoreline would get embarassing for them.

I am currently looking through the scheules of the summer tours and U20 world cup and trying to work out where i'll be on what dates, what tickest to which games I have and still need, and what routes are best to take...

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Wed 29 May 2013, 11:00 pm

Yes I've been reading that here and there, should be a great trip...nothing but rugby, rugby and more rugby...in between everything else...Can't see why I'd possibly be jealous having to work through it all...

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Wed 29 May 2013, 11:02 pm

Taylorman wrote:Yes I've been reading that here and there, should be a great trip...nothing but rugby, rugby and more rugby...in between everything else...Can't see why I'd possibly be jealous having to work through it all...

Sadly not all rugby though, there will be a copious amount of visiting the missus differing family members as always, poxy Irish theyre like cockroaches, all over the place they are!!!

I will hopefully get some climbing and mountain biking in though thumbsup

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 29 May 2013, 11:42 pm

thebluesmancometh wrote:
Taylorman wrote:Yes I've been reading that here and there, should be a great trip...nothing but rugby, rugby and more rugby...in between everything else...Can't see why I'd possibly be jealous having to work through it all...

Sadly not all rugby though, there will be a copious amount of visiting the missus differing family members as always, poxy Irish theyre like cockroaches, all over the place they are!!!

May I suggest the Breadknife in the Warrumbungles? Well worth a climb! Some great bike trails there too.

http://www.environment.nsw.gov.au/NationalParks/parkWalking.aspx?id=N0035

You could also visit nearby Mt Kaputar and see the Triboniophorous graeffei, also known here as the Scarlet Cannibal Slug. Erm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2332545/The-bizarre-blood-slugs-cannibal-snails-remote-mountain-region-Australia.html

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Thu 30 May 2013, 8:07 am

The Warrumbungles.Very Happy

You guys are the best.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 30 May 2013, 8:18 am

Them there volcanic plugs you know... Smile

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Thu 30 May 2013, 9:54 am

Bluesman you're definitely getting carried away if you think the Lions would 3 0 NZ but we'll let you away with it as you're supporting your team and we don't want your spirits dampened before you've seen any rugby played.

Positions are being stoutly defended and inadvertently battle lines have been drawn. Fair play. That's what these contests are all about. It's a tough calendar year for NZ but losing against England doesn't detract from the fact we lost in September 2011 the time before and June 2003 the time before against England. That's a proud record and we're proud of that record. This year we face tough challenges but we wouldn't have it any other way. We welcome those challenges.

PS be careful what you wish for. If you see a roo make sure you watch out for the big ones. They can be stroppy and lethal. And emus are pure evil!

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Thu 30 May 2013, 10:20 am

Linebreaker wrote:
thebluesmancometh wrote:

May I suggest the Breadknife in the Warrumbungles? Well worth a climb! Some great bike trails there too.

http://www.environment.nsw.gov.au/NationalParks/parkWalking.aspx?id=N0035

You could also visit nearby Mt Kaputar and see the Triboniophorous graeffei, also known here as the Scarlet Cannibal Slug. Erm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2332545/The-bizarre-blood-slugs-cannibal-snails-remote-mountain-region-Australia.html

I am definately going to check these out! Do you know anywhere that'll hire mountain bikes out? I fouund a few places but the type of equipment they hire isn't really suitable to what I want them for, doesn't have to be anything special, but a roadbike jaunt around the town type thing will fall to peices in minutes.

I was reading about the slug the other day, feeds on other slugs and snails doesn't it, can't wait to find one!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 30 May 2013, 10:46 am

'will' or won't fall to pieces? Wink

If you go to that site I'm sure they'll know somebody who hire out bikes fit for the purpose. I have no idea about cost to hire but it shouldn't be that much. Maybe you'll have to pay a small bond which gets refunded when you return it.

Try the Visitor Centre first: +61 2 6825 4364

Otherwise pick one up in Sydney (more expensive?) or Coonabarabran.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Thu 30 May 2013, 10:49 am

Bluesman, if you want to escape Sydney for a few days for a nice beach break but not go too far I recommend Copacabana. Its really nice. Great unspoiled not over crowded beaches, really chilled out, savage bush walks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copacabana,_New_South_Wales

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Thu 30 May 2013, 10:52 am

Linebreaker wrote:'will' or won't fall to pieces? Wink

If you go to that site I'm sure they'll know somebody who hire out bikes fit for the purpose. I have no idea about cost to hire but it shouldn't be that much. Maybe you'll have to pay a small bond which gets refunded when you return it.

Try the Visitor Centre first: +61 2 6825 4364

Otherwise pick one up in Sydney (more expensive?) or Coonabarabran.

I had looked at picking some equipment up in Sydney and bringing it with on tour, but the van isn't very big, and with kitbags and the possibility of stow aways there is very little room.

I'll check out the links though, cheers butt OK

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 30 May 2013, 10:53 am

Copa is the next beach down from where Icu lives in Avoca Beach. Smile Beautiful place.
I also like MacMasters Beach at the southern side of the lagoon.

Last edited by Linebreaker on Thu 30 May 2013, 10:55 am; edited 1 time in total

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Thu 30 May 2013, 10:54 am

GunsGerms wrote:Bluesman, if you want to escape Sydney for a few days for a nice beach break but not go too far I recommend Copacabana. Its really nice. Great unspoiled not over crowded beaches, really chilled out, savage bush walks.

Barry Manilow?

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Thu 30 May 2013, 10:55 am

GunsGerms wrote:Bluesman, if you want to escape Sydney for a few days for a nice beach break but not go too far I recommend Copacabana. Its really nice. Great unspoiled not over crowded beaches, really chilled out, savage bush walks.

Not going to get much time in Sydney mate, land and 2 days later heading down to Canberra, Melbourne and then return for the last test and legends game, so really get 4/5 days at most, with the sky walk, bridge walk and Manly visit plus having to go visit the gypsies rels time will be tough, I'll check that out though mate, looks lovely (if the weathers there)

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Thu 30 May 2013, 10:57 am

Linebreaker wrote:That's the next beach down from where Icu lives. Smile Beautiful place.

I really love it. So chilled out. Lorikeets on the balconies and bush turkeys roaming the streets, bliss. Such a chilled place.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 30 May 2013, 11:00 am

It was kind of balmy today. 22 degs but felt slightly warmer. Still haven't switched my heater on at 8pm yet... just like the last few days. Weather can change pretty quickly but unless we get one of those intense lows off the Tasman, I think we are in for a very pleasant winter. I can't remember the last time there's been a howling wind... last year?? Barely a few drops of rain but it doesn't last long.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Thu 30 May 2013, 11:01 am

thebluesmancometh wrote:
Not going to get much time in Sydney mate, land and 2 days later heading down to Canberra, Melbourne and then return for the last test and legends game, so really get 4/5 days at most, with the sky walk, bridge walk and Manly visit plus having to go visit the gypsies rels time will be tough, I'll check that out though mate, looks lovely (if the weathers there)

Yeah forgot it will be "winter".

Love Manly, love taking the ferry there.

Never done the bridge walk cause it is crazy expensive. Was told that the best time to do it is sunrise or sunset, dont know though.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Thu 30 May 2013, 11:02 am

Linebreaker wrote:It was kind of balmy today. 22 degs but felt slightly warmer. Still haven't switched my heater on at 8pm yet... just like the last few days. Weather can change pretty quickly but unless we get one of those intense lows off the Tasman, I think we are in for a very pleasant winter. I can't remember the last time there's been a howling wind... last year?? Barely a few drops of rain but it doesn't last long.

In comparison I havn't been able to cut my grass through wet all week, and the wind blew my bird table down and damaged my new deck steam

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next