The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Truss and Dave will outlast all comers on this forum! ATG 606ers!

+13
STC
Haito
milkyboy
Il Gialloblu
kingraf
Steffan
Union Cane
JabMachineMK2
Strongback
TRUSSMAN66
88Chris05
Adam D
azumah HOF
17 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Truss and Dave will outlast all comers on this forum! ATG 606ers! Empty Truss and Dave will outlast all comers on this forum! ATG 606ers!

Post by azumah HOF Fri 31 May 2013, 9:32 am

comment by hazharrison (U9728857)
posted Nov 18, 2008
BEST POSTER=there are a few who haven't had a shout, xman and budden are good posters as are the ones mentioned Geff, Azumah etc.
MOST KNOWLEDGEABLE MEMBER=Captain by a street but xman knows his onions.
MOST ANNOYING MEMBER=ceej/chris/philysmith/julius who are all of course the same fella.
ROOKIE OF THE YEAR=howthefook
MVP=LRR
FUNNIEST POSTER=Dave667
LIFE TIME ACHIEVMENT AWARD=Truss
| complain about this comment
.....................................................................................................

2008 to 2013 and still going strong... Truss do you think you have peaked like Floyd and your 36 year old legs might fail you against the young bulls on here! Lool!

azumah HOF

Back to top Go down

Truss and Dave will outlast all comers on this forum! ATG 606ers! Empty Re: Truss and Dave will outlast all comers on this forum! ATG 606ers!

Post by Adam D Fri 31 May 2013, 9:34 am

There will always be question marks about Truss' GOAT status as the level of opposition he has faced has been remedial at best (Davide, D4, Az, jab) Cool

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Truss and Dave will outlast all comers on this forum! ATG 606ers! Empty Re: Truss and Dave will outlast all comers on this forum! ATG 606ers!

Post by Guest Fri 31 May 2013, 9:36 am

As and when I get a "proper" job, I may hang 'em up but the chances of anyone taking me seriously enough to employ me in an environment that requires intelligence and hard work along with time-keeping and an appropriate attitude seem further away than ever.

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Fri 31 May 2013, 9:41 am

DAVE667 wrote:As and when I get a "proper" job, I may hang 'em up but the chances of anyone taking me seriously enough to employ me in an environment that requires intelligence and hard work along with time-keeping and an appropriate attitude seem further away than ever.

Can't Rowley get you a job working for the council, Dave?

88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by azumah HOF Fri 31 May 2013, 9:43 am

Adam D wrote:There will always be question marks about Truss' GOAT status as the level of opposition he has faced has been remedial at best (Davide, D4, Az, jab) Cool

Truss it galls me to say actually has to be mr606. If he were to truly leave the forum, and I say truly because ont eh old forum he quit at lest 6 times, he would be huge loss!
He certainly knows his stuff does Truss! But he also knows full well that his ability to goad and be controversial keeps him on top of the game, JUST LIKE FLOYD! He'll like that lol.

azumah HOF

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 31 May 2013, 9:46 am

88Chris05 wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:As and when I get a "proper" job, I may hang 'em up but the chances of anyone taking me seriously enough to employ me in an environment that requires intelligence and hard work along with time-keeping and an appropriate attitude seem further away than ever.

Can't Rowley get you a job working for the council, Dave?

Worked for the Council years ago, I was in my early 20's. They expected me to turn up EVERY DAY, ON TIME, SOBER AND DO A FULL DAY'S WORK.

Where would we be if we all did that? Germany, that's where!

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 31 May 2013, 10:14 am

azumah HOF wrote:
Adam D wrote:There will always be question marks about Truss' GOAT status as the level of opposition he has faced has been remedial at best (Davide, D4, Az, jab) Cool

Truss it galls me to say actually has to be mr606. If he were to truly leave the forum, and I say truly because ont eh old forum he quit at lest 6 times, he would be huge loss!
He certainly knows his stuff does Truss! But he also knows full well that his ability to goad and be controversial keeps him on top of the game, JUST LIKE FLOYD! He'll like that lol.

It certainly is nice to be appreciated by a fellow connoisseur.............and I echo your sentiments!! Wink

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Fri 31 May 2013, 10:25 am

I take it Azumah approves of Trussy's conversion to full on Floyd disciple!

Seems Trussy did actually learn something from Zoomy even if he spent years resisting.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Fri 31 May 2013, 10:26 am

Don't forget, also, that Truss is a v2 four-weight world champion; boxing board, weightlifting board, film board and news & current affairs board.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Fri 31 May 2013, 10:32 am

I'm put in the same category as Davide and D4?

Well then, thats me sufficiently insulted.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 31 May 2013, 10:34 am

azumah HOF = LESCARGO ???

chin

Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri 31 May 2013, 10:37 am

People like you lot on this forum need people like me

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 31 May 2013, 10:39 am

Surely I get the Rookie of the Year nod? In fact I think Im a shoo-in. Its been a shut out.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 31 May 2013, 10:39 am

Steffan wrote:People like you lot on this forum need people like me
You forgot to add "to make themselve scarce for a prolonged period of time!"

Back to top Go down

Post by azumah HOF Fri 31 May 2013, 10:42 am

88Chris05 wrote:Don't forget, also, that Truss is a v2 four-weight world champion; boxing board, weightlifting board, film board and news & current affairs board.

Is there a darts board on here! One of the stand out moments on the old board was when steel town cobra outed Truss as a Northerner on the darts board! So much for Dallas born and bred lol

azumah HOF

Back to top Go down

Post by azumah HOF Fri 31 May 2013, 10:44 am

Union Cane wrote:azumah HOF = LESCARGO ???

chin

Union!!! How dare you. Truss was outed as Lescargo. To his credit he was only outed once, unlike me who was outed at least 3 times as lilhandsofstone, return of da mack and willydaworm. Hahahahahahaha

azumah HOF

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri 31 May 2013, 10:46 am

DAVE667 wrote:
Youve never liked me have you Dave

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by azumah HOF Fri 31 May 2013, 10:47 am

Strongback wrote:I take it Azumah approves of Trussy's conversion to full on Floyd disciple!

Seems Trussy did actually learn something from Zoomy even if he spent years resisting.

Over time Truss has come adopt every single position I have taken. He's a good boy really kiss

azumah HOF

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 31 May 2013, 10:52 am

Steffan wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
Youve never liked me have you Dave
You've never quit the boards. Give it a go, I may grow extremely fond of you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 31 May 2013, 10:53 am

JabMachineMK2 wrote:I'm put in the same category as Davide and D4?

Well then, thats me sufficiently insulted.

Was hoping you would bite Laugh

Notice that Winchester wasnt in with you!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 31 May 2013, 11:10 am

azumah HOF wrote:

chin

Union!!! How dare you. Truss was outed as Lescargo. To his credit he was only outed once, unlike me who was outed at least 3 times as lilhandsofstone, return of da mack and willydaworm. Hahahahahahaha

I offered up myself as LESCARGo..but hey don't let a good story stand in the way of the truth..as with Hatton-Mayweather....made it so obvious it was an alias and no one twigged...........Find there Is a lot of revisionism when it suits..

Me I always play it straight..

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Fri 31 May 2013, 11:13 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri 31 May 2013, 11:15 am

Trusscargo

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Gialloblu Fri 31 May 2013, 11:18 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Me I always play it straight..

Except when in the Oyster. Wink
Il Gialloblu
Il Gialloblu

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 31 May 2013, 11:18 am

Always regarded LES as my Andy Kaufman's Tony Clifton personality............

Still Windy did have that LRR ripoff alias so I was in good company..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 31 May 2013, 11:20 am

No one agreeing with my "Rookie of the Year" claim? Well thats okay, I'll focus on the fact that no one disputed the claim and will now be called "The Undisputed Rookie of The Year".
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by azumah HOF Fri 31 May 2013, 11:20 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
azumah HOF wrote:

chin

I offered up myself as LESCARGo..but hey don't let a good story stand in the way of the truth..as with Hatton-Mayweather....made it so obvious it was an alias and no one twigged...........Find there Is a lot of revisionism when it suits..

TRUSS U WERE OUTED SHAMELESSLY!! Deal with it! Many also had you down as Ceej and Julius! Fair bit of evidence to back this up.... I remin undecided ! Wink

azumah HOF

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 31 May 2013, 11:21 am

WBO rookie of the year..........Kingy.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by azumah HOF Fri 31 May 2013, 11:22 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Always regarded LES as my Andy Kaufman's Tony Clifton personality............

Still Windy did have that LRR ripoff alias so I was in good company..

Utter bunkum!!! LRR was a one off. Windy was too much of a gent to adopt an alias!

azumah HOF

Back to top Go down

Post by azumah HOF Fri 31 May 2013, 11:23 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:WBO rookie of the year..........Kingy.

Not worthy of a proper belt yet then! Truss, u are naughty Smile

azumah HOF

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 31 May 2013, 11:24 am

azumah HOF wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
azumah HOF wrote:

chin

TRUSS U WERE OUTED SHAMELESSLY!! Deal with it! Many also had you down as Ceej and Julius! Fair bit of evidence to back this up.... I remin undecided ! Wink

I'm not embarrassed by being outed........Came out of the closet years ago!! Cool ...But Mate I gave up Lescargo as I was bored with him........

I mean you've got me down as not being a Floyd fan and for picking Hatton to beat Floyd...........

So I'm not surprised you have got it wrong...........Returndamack.......... Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Fri 31 May 2013, 11:28 am

Ha ha, I've thought now and then about who Windy's alias on the old 606 might have been, Zoomy.

He did say once the BBC pulled the plug on the site that he planned to tell everyone who it was on the final day, but then v2 was formed and he decided to keep it a secret as he knew he wasn't going to be rid of us all any time soon!

Judging by the fact that he planned to leave it until the big farewell leads me to believe it might have been a bit of a shocker!

That said, I think it kind of adds to Windy's aura that we'll never know. There's something becoming about that kind of thing, being so, so close to the truth or the peak of a mountain, but never quite getting there, leaving people to speculate forever more.

Bradman's average falling agonozingly short of 100, the mystery of what was in the briefcase in 'Pulp Fiction', who really shot JFK......And then the mystery of Windy's alias, which far outstrips them all!
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by azumah HOF Fri 31 May 2013, 11:28 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
azumah HOF wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
azumah HOF wrote:

chin

I'm not embarrassed by being outed........Came out of the closet years ago!! Cool ...But Mate I gave up Lescargo as I was bored with him........

I mean you've got me down as not being a Floyd fan and for picking Hatton to beat Floyd...........

So I'm not surprised you have got it wrong...........Returndamack.......... Cool

Floyd fan picking Canelo after Floyd turns the clock back in his last fight!!, Whistle

azumah HOF

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 31 May 2013, 11:31 am

I'm a Curry fan and picked him to lose to Norris........

Blind loyalty is no way to judge a contest..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by azumah HOF Fri 31 May 2013, 11:31 am

88Chris05 wrote:Ha ha, I've thought now and then about who Windy's alias on the old 606 might have been, Zoomy.

He did say once the BBC pulled the plug on the site that he planned to tell everyone who it was on the final day, but then v2 was formed and he decided to keep it a secret as he knew he wasn't going to be rid of us all any time soon!

Judging by the fact that he planned to leave it until the big farewell leads me to believe it might have been a bit of a shocker!

That said, I think it kind of adds to Windy's aura that we'll never know. There's something becoming about that kind of thing, being so, so close to the truth or the peak of a mountain, but never quite getting there, leaving people to speculate forever more.

Bradman's average falling agonozingly short of 100, the mystery of what was in the briefcase in 'Pulp Fiction', who really shot JFK......And then the mystery of Windy's alias, which far outstrips them all!

Did windy,klute, steel town cobra or the captain ever come on the new forum?

azumah HOF

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 31 May 2013, 11:32 am

Windy passed away last year Mate..........Family posted a picture.....He was nothing like I pictured him..............Sorely missed....

Captain posts intermittently..........Haven't seen LRR since the "WAR" days..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 31 May 2013, 11:35 am

Truss- I'll take it, long as the term "undisputed" is emphasised!!
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri 31 May 2013, 11:35 am

Steel Town Cobra posts on ESB. Never comes on here I dont think

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 31 May 2013, 11:36 am

Interim WBA champ as well Kingy!! Wink

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 31 May 2013, 11:40 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Windy passed away last year Mate..........Family posted a picture.....He was nothing like I pictured him..............Sorely missed....

Captain posts intermittently..........Haven't seen LRR since the "WAR" days..

It was actually a year last week that Windy passed.

I still get the odd message from his widow which always makes me feel sad but at the same time happy that he had someone who obviously loved him so much.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 31 May 2013, 11:40 am

WBA? Nah, too many sanctioning fees, although if they call me the "Super Interim Rookie" I could take it
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Fri 31 May 2013, 11:44 am

Haven't seen Klutey for over a year or so on here either, sadly. Shame, as he was a great, great poster. Had the knack of getting his points across in ten words when others (me included!) would have needed about fifty, and in terms of being able to add something to any debate, regardless of weight class, era or fighter, his overall knowledge was as good as anyone's I've debated with on either 606.

I'm still hopeful that he and STC will return one day.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 31 May 2013, 11:46 am

Wonder what Windy would make of Winchester? Mincemeat, probably

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri 31 May 2013, 11:48 am

Windy always used to say to me that even though he was a West Ham fan he wanted to Cardiff City to get promoted. And this year we did

Feel a bit sad though that I cant message him and say 'We finally got there'

A top bloke

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 31 May 2013, 11:49 am

A top bloke
At least we agree on something Steffan Hug

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Fri 31 May 2013, 11:56 am

Adam...poor show sir.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Fri 31 May 2013, 12:00 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
azumah HOF wrote:

chin

comment by TRUSSMAN55 (U14002968)
posted Jul 17, 2009

Never understood these muppets with aliases HTF....complete losers......even Azumah succumbed to the addiction...

Understood "Alias Smith and Jones" though......

TRUSSY

add comment | complain about this comment

comment by Strongback (U13851277)
posted Jul 17, 2009

Never understood these muppets with aliases
------------------------------------------------

What about Lescargo Truss he seems to have a homing device on your posts.....maybe some might think his homing device is just too good??????

add comment | complain about this comment

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/F14209118?thread=6763333

comment by TRUSSMAN55 (U14002968)
posted Oct 14, 2009

Anyway as it's my last post on here for a long time... I'll sign out with my alias LESCARGO who I tend to use on the cricket and Darts threads...............

Congratulations to STRONGBACK for being the first to catch on.....

TRUSS
LES
[strike]

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 31 May 2013, 12:02 pm

Made it so obvious even you figured it out..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Fri 31 May 2013, 12:07 pm

There's a London Ring Rule's on ESB but he doesn't seem in any way deranged so I'm not sure it's the same person. Steel Town is on ESB and spends his days making people laugh in their Lounge. I'm 99% sure McClusky was in their two but drifted off, very funny poster. IJK said they had a second child and didn't have the time to post.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 31 May 2013, 12:09 pm

Always got the feeling LRR didn't like me much.. Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Fri 31 May 2013, 12:12 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Made it so obvious even you figured it out..

You denied it for long enough, 3 months of rear guard action with two accounts must have been a pain in the ass.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next