The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Truss and Dave will outlast all comers on this forum! ATG 606ers!

+13
STC
Haito
milkyboy
Il Gialloblu
kingraf
Steffan
Union Cane
JabMachineMK2
Strongback
TRUSSMAN66
88Chris05
Adam D
azumah HOF
17 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Truss and Dave will outlast all comers on this forum! ATG 606ers! - Page 2 Empty Truss and Dave will outlast all comers on this forum! ATG 606ers!

Post by azumah HOF Fri May 31, 2013 9:32 am

First topic message reminder :

comment by hazharrison (U9728857)
posted Nov 18, 2008
BEST POSTER=there are a few who haven't had a shout, xman and budden are good posters as are the ones mentioned Geff, Azumah etc.
MOST KNOWLEDGEABLE MEMBER=Captain by a street but xman knows his onions.
MOST ANNOYING MEMBER=ceej/chris/philysmith/julius who are all of course the same fella.
ROOKIE OF THE YEAR=howthefook
MVP=LRR
FUNNIEST POSTER=Dave667
LIFE TIME ACHIEVMENT AWARD=Truss
| complain about this comment
.....................................................................................................

2008 to 2013 and still going strong... Truss do you think you have peaked like Floyd and your 36 year old legs might fail you against the young bulls on here! Lool!

azumah HOF

Back to top Go down

Truss and Dave will outlast all comers on this forum! ATG 606ers! - Page 2 Empty Re: Truss and Dave will outlast all comers on this forum! ATG 606ers!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri May 31, 2013 12:13 pm

Strongback wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Made it so obvious even you figured it out..

You denied it for long enough, 3 months of rear guard action with two accounts must have been a pain in the ass.

Okay..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Truss and Dave will outlast all comers on this forum! ATG 606ers! - Page 2 Empty Re: Truss and Dave will outlast all comers on this forum! ATG 606ers!

Post by Guest Fri May 31, 2013 12:28 pm

TRUSS is well used to rear guard action

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Fri May 31, 2013 12:32 pm

Can you imagine if LRR had come over to v2, and some of the run ins he'd have had with Azania on the issues of Marciano and Louis? They'd have made all of those spats he had with Ghosty on the same subjects look tame!

"Alas, Mr. In-zania, you are even more off the mark than Mr Ali's uppercut, and that you call the Alabama share cropper's son's footwork trundling and slow is the Everest of irony, given your ramblings on the matter.

Methinks that Big Pants Lar couldn't carry Rocky's jock, and I'll tell you why, lest your objectionable mind wish to be educated. I'm sure that Rocky could have made 20 defences too, had he decided to pad his record with bums of the lower rank like Zanon, Evangelista and Cobb.

I pray, do tell, what exactly was Mr. Big Pants doing when being one-punched in to oblivion by Mr . Snipes, probably a lesser fighter than his Hollywood namesake and fresh from completing a fourteen-hour shft as a roadsweeper in Palookaville? And only to be saved by a sympathetic referee, lest the tragedy continue!

So what if Rocky's arms were shorter and more stocky than your beloved Ali and Big Pants? What does that matter, when those beefy fists carried such belligerence? Sir, why the decapitation of Rocky in 1969 may be a myth, the decapitation of Larry had the pair ever met would, I'm sorry to say, have been a harsh reality - but not as harsh as the fact that Mr. Holmes' measly 48-0 shall forever be hanging on to the coat tails Rocky's 49-0 - a'pox on that charlatan Mr. Spinks, I hear you cry!"
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 31, 2013 12:49 pm

He's baaaaaack!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri May 31, 2013 12:52 pm

When he starts eulogizing over Leon Spinks...we'll know for sure!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by azumah HOF Fri May 31, 2013 2:34 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Windy passed away last year Mate..........Family posted a picture.....He was nothing like I pictured him..............Sorely missed....

Captain posts intermittently..........Haven't seen LRR since the "WAR" days..

OMG! What a shock and how very sad! Was an elderly chap. With his depth of knowledge I always imagined him to be! Great debater , true warrior! R.I.P

azumah HOF

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 31, 2013 2:36 pm

Nah, he was a left handed guitar player longish hair (to me everyone has long hair so make of that what you will)...he looked far, far cooler that the moth eaten cardigan and broken backed slippers wearing old pipe smoker we imagined him to be.

Back to top Go down

Post by azumah HOF Fri May 31, 2013 2:38 pm

88Chris05 wrote:Can you imagine if LRR had come over to v2, and some of the run ins he'd have had with Azania on the issues of Marciano and Louis? They'd have made all of those spats he had with Ghosty on the same subjects look tame!

"Alas, Mr. In-zania, you are even more off the mark than Mr Ali's uppercut, and that you call the Alabama share cropper's son's footwork trundling and slow is the Everest of irony, given your ramblings on the matter.

Methinks that Big Pants Lar couldn't carry Rocky's jock, and I'll tell you why, lest your objectionable mind wish to be educated. I'm sure that Rocky could have made 20 defences too, had he decided to pad his record with bums of the lower rank like Zanon, Evangelista and Cobb.

I pray, do tell, what exactly was Mr. Big Pants doing when being one-punched in to oblivion by Mr . Snipes, probably a lesser fighter than his Hollywood namesake and fresh from completing a fourteen-hour shft as a roadsweeper in Palookaville? And only to be saved by a sympathetic referee, lest the tragedy continue!

So what if Rocky's arms were shorter and more stocky than your beloved Ali and Big Pants? What does that matter, when those beefy fists carried such belligerence? Sir, why the decapitation of Rocky in 1969 may be a myth, the decapitation of Larry had the pair ever met would, I'm sorry to say, have been a harsh reality - but not as harsh as the fact that Mr. Holmes' measly 48-0 shall forever be hanging on to the coat tails Rocky's 49-0 - a'pox on that charlatan Mr. Spinks, I hear you cry!"

Lol! The only person that would have nightmares at the prospect of LRR pitching up is Truss. I mean, I had my moments with Truss when I had him rocking and a reeling, but he always managed to comeback off the ropes! LRR is the only poster I saw have Truss continuously on the Backfoot, dancing round the ring like a woosy! Hahaha

azumah HOF

Back to top Go down

Post by azumah HOF Fri May 31, 2013 2:40 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Nah, he was a left handed guitar player longish hair (to me everyone has long hair so make of that what you will)...he looked far, far cooler that the moth eaten cardigan and broken backed slippers wearing old pipe smoker we imagined him to be.

Amazing! I pictured him like a twin of Bert Sugar!

azumah HOF

Back to top Go down

Post by azumah HOF Fri May 31, 2013 2:45 pm

Strongback wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
azumah HOF wrote:
Union Cane wrote:azumah HOF = LESCARGO ???

chin

Union!!! How dare you. Truss was outed as Lescargo. To his credit he was only outed once, unlike me who was outed at least 3 times as lilhandsofstone, return of da mack and willydaworm. Hahahahahahaha

I offered up myself as LESCARGo..but hey don't let a good story stand in the way of the truth..as with Hatton-Mayweather....made it so obvious it was an alias and no one twigged...........Find there Is a lot of revisionism when it suits..

Me I always play it straight..

comment by TRUSSMAN55 (U14002968)
posted Jul 17, 2009

Never understood these muppets with aliases HTF....complete losers......even Azumah succumbed to the addiction...

Understood "Alias Smith and Jones" though......

TRUSSY

add comment | complain about this comment

comment by Strongback (U13851277)
posted Jul 17, 2009

Never understood these muppets with aliases
------------------------------------------------

What about Lescargo Truss he seems to have a homing device on your posts.....maybe some might think his homing device is just too good??????

add comment | complain about this comment

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/F14209118?thread=6763333

comment by TRUSSMAN55 (U14002968)
posted Oct 14, 2009

Anyway as it's my last post on here for a long time... I'll sign out with my alias LESCARGO who I tend to use on the cricket and Darts threads...............

Congratulations to STRONGBACK for being the first to catch on.....

TRUSS
LES
[strike]

Hahhaha! Strongly I love it! The memories . You just wouldn't be denied. Got to say though Truss, Lescargo was fun. Technically inept and very crude style but thoroughly entertaining!

azumah HOF

Back to top Go down

Post by azumah HOF Fri May 31, 2013 2:48 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Always got the feeling LRR didn't like me much.. Cool

Really!!! Cant say I ever noticed! Rolling Eyes

azumah HOF

Back to top Go down

Post by azumah HOF Fri May 31, 2013 2:50 pm

There's only one thing left to add. LOoking at the original list, as much as D4 got a terrible press I have to say I have never come across a worse poster than Ceej! He was delightfully dumb!

azumah HOF

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 31, 2013 3:31 pm

Only thing I thought would last longer than me was Lennox Lewis's dreads. Just been looking at an article on the BBC about David Price and Lewis has shaved off his trademark locks.

The world is a strangely sadder place Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Fri May 31, 2013 3:38 pm

You still got your dreads Dave Wink

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri May 31, 2013 4:58 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Only thing I thought would last longer than me was Lennox Lewis's dreads. Just been looking at an article on the BBC about David Price and Lewis has shaved off his trademark locks.

The world is a strangely sadder place Crying or Very sad

There's a short video on there as well, there's a great bit near the beginning that tickled me, Lennox is holding up the pads and calls "Right!" and Price paws out a left jab.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:26 am

Like many an old man, looking back through Dewey eyed nostalgia, i look at a thread like this, and liken it to a discussion on all time greats where only post war fighters are discussed, due to lack of video evidence.

There are a few out there who frequented the original bbc board, before all the best posters moved to boxing banter in a sulk over the beeb changing the site. It was the gold panning, frontier days of Internet boxing forums, and life and death battles were just a part of daily survival. Whichever, a new bbc site was born and along came truss like a beefster from the ashes. To some of us, he's still just a new kid on the block.

God I 'm old.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Haito Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:49 pm

the old 606 for 3 or so years had the perfect blend of quality posters, newbies and WUM's to make it a pretty special forum to be part of, so many top draw threads, arguments and banter. Quality posters then started to leave and the WUM's became more needy and it started to slip.

This V2 forum is probably the best of the newer bunch but from what i gather from my infrequent visits is that amongst the good folk i remember their are a few kids playground posters here that degrade it.
Haito
Haito

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:53 pm

Not enough Benn fans either.. Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Haito Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:58 pm

ha, that aswell Truss!.
Haito
Haito

Back to top Go down

Post by STC Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:37 pm

azumah HOF wrote:There's only one thing left to add. LOoking at the original list, as much as D4 got a terrible press I have to say I have never come across a worse poster than Ceej! He was delightfully dumb!

He sure was, but he was very good at disappearing for 5 minutes to research a fighter and then come back claiming to know everything about him. He did impress a few gullible types.
STC
STC

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:47 pm

Ah look who it is. Good to see ya.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by STC Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:52 pm

Cheers pal.

Thought I'd drop in and say "Hello"
STC
STC

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:03 pm

What ever happened to N1979 or whatever his name was, the Cantona guy?

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by STC Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:24 pm

He stopped posting on ESB a while back. It wasn't the same without him. Think he may post on CHB from time to time.

I still speak to him on FB every now and again. Top bloke he is.
STC
STC

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:34 pm

I was a regular on the old 606 - I bet nobody guesses who.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:35 pm

Alex Daman? One Bomb?

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:39 pm

Come on now, Fists - we all know that you were One Bomb!
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:48 pm

I wish I had such an imagination, Chris.

How about Frankie Pie? He was another certifiable lunatic in his formative stages.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:52 pm

I am shocked and dismayed. I wasn't memorable, however I should take offense you think I was a "certifiable lunatic"

First Adam cutting me deep, now Fists?

Cry

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:54 pm

Wink

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:55 pm

boxing

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:58 pm

Jabby was Frankie Pie? You and your revelations, Jabby!

I remember the Pie man well (calling me a "pre-menstrual tart" over something or other upon his arrival!). Was a WUM at the start and then settled down to become a really good poster.

Who'd have thunk it?
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:05 pm

Yeah he was a strange one. Does anyone remember Ollie Stone, the guy who presumably purposely spelled every single word incorrectly?

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:36 pm

Jabby wasn't frankie pie.............

Frankie could give as good as he got.........Didn't go crying to the mods..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:45 pm

Oh here we go, Trussy getting all pent up - time of the month Beefster?

At no point did I go to the mods about you, think you'll find if you were approached then it was off their own back - pretty sure we covered this elsewhere where we somewhat made amends in our hostility. If you're kicking it off again then lets ride cowboy! thumbsup

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:46 pm

Wink Cool ...Kid the amount of times I've ben told "Cut it Truss he's making our lives hell"...

But okay I believe you............

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:52 pm

You call me a kid, yet as I've said enough times, you can't argue and you can't debate properly. I think you'll find I make their lives hell because they're chasing us around having arguments. You really are like my nephew. You hide your toys when you lose.

The Truss mindset:

"Blah blah blah......(bad grammar)...blah blah. (something about Duran being awesome and the GOAT)"

Someone else;

"Wait...no...you're wrong there Truss"

Oh god. What do I do? Someone has questioned my authority?

Do I
a) Call them a child and tell them to go away?
b) Use an old insult towards them?
c) Question their integrity?
d) All of the above.

Usually its a) - mainly because you can't debate.

But anyway, happy posting.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:53 pm

That's pretty good.............chuck in rolled like a drunk and dumbass.........

and you have the Truss blueprint....

Now give us a kiss........... raspberry

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:55 pm

boxing

We'll never have a "happy" time in the Oyster Truss, but god love you - it wouldn't be the same without you.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:10 pm

Some serious sexual tension on here...... #bromance

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:51 pm

88Chris05 wrote:Can you imagine if LRR had come over to v2, and some of the run ins he'd have had with Azania on the issues of Marciano and Louis? They'd have made all of those spats he had with Ghosty on the same subjects look tame!

Didn’t LRR continue posting under the guise of Professor Albertus Lion or something like that? Basically an exaggerated version of his former self.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:24 pm

Someone mentioned this before but I believe the consens was that it was a pale imitation of the original

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:01 pm

STC wrote:He stopped posting on ESB a while back. It wasn't the same without him. Think he may post on CHB from time to time.

I still speak to him on FB every now and again. Top bloke he is.

He's a clever man, very funny.

Call in again Steel Town.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:36 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Someone mentioned this before but I believe the consens was that it was a pale imitation of the original

Their opinions were pretty much identical. Liked and disliked the same boxers and also big cycling fans. Could have been an imposter but I think its likely that they were the same guy.
Its sometimes easy to spot an alias account as they usually would hold identical views and possess a similar writing style to their other avatar. Although he denies it now, I think Fists of Fury and One Bomb were also the same guy for this reason. You also had: steven89 (youngtowzer) and ceej (hitmansam) etc.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:38 pm

Almost sure Perfessor was Windy's alias.............

Stopped when Windy left us............

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:44 pm

J.Benson II wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:Someone mentioned this before but I believe the consens was that it was a pale imitation of the original

Their opinions were pretty much identical. Liked and disliked the same boxers and also big cycling fans. Could have been an imposter but I think its likely that they were the same guy.
Its sometimes easy to spot an alias account as they usually would hold identical views and possess a similar writing style to their other avatar. Although he denies it now, I think Fists of Fury and One Bomb were also the same guy for this reason. You also had: steven89 (youngtowzer) and ceej (hitmansam) etc.

Steven89 was a quality wum. He annoyed so many people. His side kick Hozumi's Hook was equally as good. The explanations for their predictions were hilarious.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:58 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Almost sure Perfessor was Windy's alias.............

Stopped when Windy left us............

Nah Truss, the Perfessor was banned some time prior, at the behest of numerous members.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:14 pm

was scottrf banned or did he just leave when it got sh1t?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:41 pm

Think he just got bored and reckoned the grass was greener elsewhere. Did run into him elsewhere but not sure where he posts now.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:48 pm

seemed to leave around the time you came back..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next