The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mayweather vs Ortiz in September 17th

+16
OasisBFC
Valero's Conscience
dangerous_mouse
licence_007
Lumbering_Jack
KO-KING
azania
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
David Tails
coxy0001
Imperial Ghosty
D4thincarnation
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
BALTIMORA
The Galveston Giant
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
20 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Mayweather vs Ortiz in September 17th - Page 2 Empty Mayweather vs Ortiz in September 17th

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Sat May 07, 2011 10:29 pm

First topic message reminder :

Thank god for a proper welterweight fight.

None of this Pacquiao vs Norris outta Corrie nonsense.

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_id=352&cat=boxer

Thoughts?
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Mayweather vs Ortiz in September 17th - Page 2 Empty Re: Mayweather vs Ortiz in September 17th

Post by BALTIMORA Sun May 08, 2011 12:02 am

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:So marg wasn't a ranked light middle fighter when manny fought him. Damn Filipino liars!!!

When's the last time he WAS? Hang on, let me just ask Jose Sulaiman.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Mayweather vs Ortiz in September 17th - Page 2 Empty Re: Mayweather vs Ortiz in September 17th

Post by BALTIMORA Sun May 08, 2011 12:04 am

The Mighty Atom wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:So marg wasn't a ranked light middle fighter when manny fought him. Damn Filipino liars!!!

He was on Boxrec

So you admit that Mayweather was ranked higher p4p by an impartial party?

Course he won't. He'll try and twist it somehow, same as always.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun May 08, 2011 12:04 am

D4thincarnation wrote:
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs wrote:So salido should be ranked higher than gamboa, despite gamboa beating salido convincinly not too long ago.

http://boxrec.com/ratings.php?country=&sex=m&division=Featherweight&status=A&SUBMIT=Go

He is.

what would you agree with

http://boxrec.com/ratings.php?country=&sex=m&division=Featherweight&status=A&SUBMIT=Go

or

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/ratings/featherweight

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Sun May 08, 2011 12:13 am

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs wrote:So salido should be ranked higher than gamboa, despite gamboa beating salido convincinly not too long ago.

He is.

or

Boxrec seems more accurate IMO in that circumstance.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun May 08, 2011 12:14 am

So you agree that Mayweather was #1 as has been pointed out earlier?

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Sun May 08, 2011 12:36 am

Yeah D4, If Mayweathe comes back and fights Ortiz and boxrec pit him back were he belongs, will you bow before our legendary floyd?
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun May 08, 2011 2:32 am

D4thincarnation wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:

He is.

or

Boxrec seems more accurate IMO in that circumstance.

WTF you are saying boxrec are right about Salido being above Gamboa. Either your on drugs or you haven't watched their fight. Gamboa was below par and outclassed Salido.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun May 08, 2011 10:58 am

D4thincarnation wrote:
The Galveston Giant wrote:Yeah i see it's all been merged into the one thread thumbsup

Seems to be a mistake by the mods, and that, because Mayweather fighting at Cowboys stadium rumour mill. Is a bit different from Mayweather's comback against Ortiz.

No mistake. The issue is that Mayweather may be comming back. The location and oppenent is irrelevant.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by KO-KING Sun May 08, 2011 2:58 pm

Ortiz wouldnt even beat khan forget mayweather

KO-KING

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun May 08, 2011 3:07 pm

KO-KING wrote:Ortiz wouldnt even beat khan forget mayweather

ortiz owns khan imo. Khan struggles with pressure fighters, fighters with an inside game and a heavy hitter. Ortiz is all three. He is a huge welter that will get in your face all night and keep the punches flying. Khan would have to throw loads and keep moving to keep ortiz off him which would leave him spent in the second half of the fight. We saw in the maidana fight that khan can't deal with uppercuts. Ortiz was destroying berto with his right uppercut. Ortiz is big and strong enough to walk through khans pitted patter punches unless he developed real meat into his punches. Ortiz can bang too, khans chin is still suspect and given oriz will be one of the quickest if not the quickest puncher out of all khans opponents I can see khan going down.

Back to top Go down

Post by KO-KING Sun May 08, 2011 8:05 pm

KO-KING wrote:Ortiz wouldnt even beat khan forget mayweather

ortiz owns khan imo. Khan struggles with pressure fighters, fighters with an inside game and a heavy hitter. Ortiz is all three. He is a huge welter that will get in your face all night and keep the punches flying. Khan would have to throw loads and keep moving to keep ortiz off him which would leave him spent in the second half of the fight. We saw in the maidana fight that khan can't deal with uppercuts. Ortiz was destroying berto with his right uppercut. Ortiz is big and strong enough to walk through khans pitted patter punches unless he developed real meat into his punches. Ortiz can bang too, khans chin is still suspect and given oriz will be one of the quickest if not the quickest puncher out of all khans opponents I can see khan going down.

Similar talent but Khan heart<<<<Ortiz's heart

KO-KING

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun May 08, 2011 8:11 pm

How do you figure that one out?

Ortiz quit against Maidana, Khan rode the storm out and won the fight

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun May 08, 2011 8:14 pm

KO-KING wrote:Similar talent but Khan heart<<<<Ortiz's heart

How do you come to that conclusion? Ortiz quit against Maidana Khan never and beat him. Khan might be guilty of neglecting his skills in the ring but he proved in the Maidana fight he had heart.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun May 08, 2011 8:20 pm

The Mighty Atom wrote:How do you figure that one out?

true, but khan took one hard round off of maidana (or 2) and he looked like he could have caved in. Ortiz went through 6 rounds of the same intensity. Ortiz had to boil down more than khan had to(if he has too at all) so was completely spent. I think that the beating that oriz took from berto and getting up from two heavy KDs surpasses khan against maidana. I'm just saying that ortiz has really found a passion for boxing since
maidana.

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun May 08, 2011 8:21 pm

Did Khan quit like Ortiz though?

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun May 08, 2011 8:24 pm

true, but khan took one hard round off of maidana (or 2) and he looked like he could have caved in. Ortiz went through 6 rounds of the same intensity. Ortiz had to boil down more than khan had to(if he has too at all) so was completely spent. I think that the beating that oriz took from berto and getting up from two heavy KDs surpasses khan against maidana. I'm just saying that ortiz has really found a passion for boxing since
maidana.

Really Ortiz never looked like he had much passion for the sport in the 2nd half of his fight with Lamont Peterson.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun May 08, 2011 8:25 pm

maidana.

The point is, he didn't cave in. They both have heart. Step into the ring and preparing to get your senses knocked out shows huge grapefruits.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by KO-KING Sun May 08, 2011 8:27 pm

maidana.

Even in the prescott fight khan had no legs what so ever and was hurt as badly as you can get but still tried to get up. Ortiz showed heart in one fight thats it.

KO-KING

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun May 08, 2011 8:27 pm

prettyboykev wrote:

maidana.

Really Ortiz never looked like he had much passion for the sport in the 2nd half of his fight with Lamont Peterson.

Ortiz had to boil down to LWW. Look at his weight in the berto fight. How on earth he made LWW is beyond me. No wonder he didn't show passion. I'm surprised he stepped into the ring.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun May 08, 2011 8:28 pm

KO i'm confused who do you think has more Heart, Khan or Ortiz?

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by KO-KING Sun May 08, 2011 8:29 pm

KO-KING wrote:

maidana.

Even in the prescott fight khan had no legs what so ever and was hurt as badly as you can get but still tried to get up. Ortiz showed heart in one fight thats it-no other fight.

KO-KING

Back to top Go down

Post by KO-KING Sun May 08, 2011 8:29 pm

The Mighty Atom wrote:KO i'm confused who do you think has more Heart, Khan or Ortiz?
Khan

KO-KING

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun May 08, 2011 8:31 pm

Ahhhh that makes sense, your original post seemed to suggest the opposite mate

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun May 08, 2011 8:32 pm

I'm not trying to slate khans heart, I'm only saying that ortiz has showed he has the heart of a champion. I don't think either have a better one than the other. I think that when a fighter is comfortable at his weight he reacts better when they've been put down.

I think that styles make fights and ortiz beats khan relatively comfortably imo

Back to top Go down

Post by KO-KING Sun May 08, 2011 8:36 pm

The Mighty Atom wrote:Ahhhh that makes sense, your original post seemed to suggest the opposite mate
'Similar talent but Khan heart<<<<Ortiz's heart' 1st post that i compared the two

KO-KING

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun May 08, 2011 8:38 pm

To say Ortiz lacks heart is way off the mark. You are not heartless if you can pass a gut check like the berto fight. Who knows the effect weight draining has on a boxers spyche.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun May 08, 2011 8:39 pm

azania wrote:
prettyboykev wrote:

maidana.

Ortiz had to boil down to LWW. Look at his weight in the berto fight. How on earth he made LWW is beyond me. No wonder he didn't show passion. I'm surprised he stepped into the ring.

I'm not doubting he was drained he looked huga at WW. The fact he fought for so long at LWW doesn't look good for his trainer tbh. They should know what their fighter is capable of. He clearly wasn't capable of fighting at his best at LWW anymore. He was poor against Peterson though.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Sun May 08, 2011 8:43 pm

azania wrote:To say Ortiz lacks heart is way off the mark. You are not heartless if you can pass a gut check like the berto fight. Who knows the effect weight draining has on a boxers spyche.

He quit, that shows a distinct lack of heart...

The fact he has passed a tough test against Berto is irrelevant, he still quit vs. Maidana.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun May 08, 2011 8:44 pm

prettyboykev wrote:
azania wrote:
prettyboykev wrote:

maidana.

I'm not doubting he was drained he looked huga at WW. The fact he fought for so long at LWW doesn't look good for his trainer tbh. They should know what their fighter is capable of. He clearly wasn't capable of fighting at his best at LWW anymore. He was poor against Peterson though.

Agreed. Its bad management. Boxers are hardly the sharpest tools in the box and do as they are told. Whoever advised him to move up to WW should be praised.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by licence_007 Sun May 08, 2011 8:44 pm

KO-KING wrote:
The Mighty Atom wrote:Ahhhh that makes sense, your original post seemed to suggest the opposite mate
'Similar talent but Khan heart<<<<Ortiz's heart' 1st post that i compared the two

Yeah you have the symbol the wrong way. Khan's heart >>> Ortiz's heart, is what you were looking for.

licence_007

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun May 08, 2011 8:46 pm

azania wrote:
prettyboykev wrote:
azania wrote:
prettyboykev wrote:

maidana.

Agreed. Its bad management. Boxers are hardly the sharpest tools in the box and do as they are told. Whoever advised him to move up to WW should be praised.

I'm suprised De La Hoya never noticed this before. He knows a bit about weight drainin and the affects it can have on a fighter.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun May 08, 2011 8:46 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:
azania wrote:To say Ortiz lacks heart is way off the mark. You are not heartless if you can pass a gut check like the berto fight. Who knows the effect weight draining has on a boxers spyche.

The fact he has passed a tough test against Berto is irrelevant, he still quit vs. Maidana.

Duran quit. Many boxers have quit. Why risk his career and possibly life so some numpties can say how brave he is. What he did was use his brains. He came back and proved himself.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun May 08, 2011 8:49 pm

In the macho world of boxing you can't expect to quit and have no questions asked about you, Duran had proven and would go on to prove time and time again the heart he had, one fight against Berto goes some way to restoring his reputation but he still has a lot of work to do.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun May 08, 2011 8:50 pm

azania wrote:
Lumbering_Jack wrote:

Duran quit. Many boxers have quit. Why risk his career and possibly life so some numpties can say how brave he is. What he did was use his brains. He came back and proved himself.

He was young why risk injury or worse when you can come back and fight another day.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun May 08, 2011 8:51 pm

azania wrote:
Lumbering_Jack wrote:

While I'm not sure how much Ortiz did or didn't quit, I do agree Az that there's nothing smart or brave about staying in the ring too long. Just look at Jeff Lacy, Margarito, Ali, Jermain Taylor...hell, even Mosley.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Sun May 08, 2011 8:52 pm

azania wrote:
Lumbering_Jack wrote:

Dont make this bigger than it is. He was winning the fight and quit to protect his looks.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun May 08, 2011 8:53 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:
azania wrote:
Lumbering_Jack wrote:

While I'm not sure how much Ortiz did or didn't quit, I do agree Az that there's nothing smart or brave about staying in the ring too long. Just look at Jeff Lacy, Margarito, Ali, Jermain Taylor...hell, even Mosley.

Ali v Holmes is one of the best examples of that. I watched that once and couldn't watch it again.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Sun May 08, 2011 8:54 pm

He did quit against Maidana, But more than proved his heart against Berto.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun May 08, 2011 8:55 pm

Sorry but we can't compare Ortiz to Ali, it wasn't the smartest thing to do to carry on like he did but he was a fighter through and through, the heart of a lion compared to him Ortiz doesn't even deserve consideration.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun May 08, 2011 8:57 pm

prettyboykev wrote:
BALTIMORA wrote:
azania wrote:
Lumbering_Jack wrote:

Ali v Holmes is one of the best examples of that. I watched that once and couldn't watch it again.

Exactly. I don't think anyone's gonna be complaining or calling Enzo Mac a gutless püssy if he decides to quit.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Sun May 08, 2011 8:57 pm

Ortiz has come through tougher challenges in his life than he has faced in the ring.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun May 08, 2011 8:59 pm

The Mighty Atom wrote:Sorry but we can't compare Ortiz to Ali, it wasn't the smartest thing to do to carry on like he did but he was a fighter through and through, the heart of a lion compared to him Ortiz doesn't even deserve consideration.

Principle's the same though. There's being a fighter and not being smart enough to not end up living out your fifties and sixties in nappies and covered in your own fluids.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun May 08, 2011 8:59 pm

What happens outside the ring doesn't bother me, once you step inside the ring I don't expect to see someone quit

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun May 08, 2011 9:00 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:
azania wrote:
Lumbering_Jack wrote:

Dont make this bigger than it is. He was winning the fight and quit to protect his looks.

And you know it was to protect his looks?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Sun May 08, 2011 9:00 pm

For the record I do think Ortiz has a heart, certainly proved it vs Berto... its the manner in which he quit against Maidana. If he was taking a beating the fair enough but he just seemed to lose his desire.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun May 08, 2011 9:01 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:
The Mighty Atom wrote:Sorry but we can't compare Ortiz to Ali, it wasn't the smartest thing to do to carry on like he did but he was a fighter through and through, the heart of a lion compared to him Ortiz doesn't even deserve consideration.

Principle's the same though. There's being a fighter and not being smart enough to not end up living out your fifties and sixties in nappies and covered in your own fluids.

Did Ortiz show the same kind of heart as Ali, of course not

You run those risks by being a boxer in the first place, it's heartless to quit mid fight

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Sun May 08, 2011 9:02 pm

azania wrote:
Lumbering_Jack wrote:
azania wrote:
Lumbering_Jack wrote:

He said something along those lines after the fight, i'll try find the quote.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun May 08, 2011 9:03 pm

The Mighty Atom wrote:What happens outside the ring doesn't bother me, once you step inside the ring I don't expect to see someone quit

The health of the boxer is paramount. The fact that he came back stronger proves that he was at the wrong weight and he has grapefruits. If a boxer has had enough, he's had enough. Many questioned Vitali when he quit against Byrd even though all he had to do was remain upright and retain his belt. He was correct.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun May 08, 2011 9:03 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:
azania wrote:
Lumbering_Jack wrote:
azania wrote:
Lumbering_Jack wrote:

He said something along those lines after the fight, i'll try find the quote.

Please do. Ad the context it was said in.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun May 08, 2011 9:05 pm

The Mighty Atom wrote:
BALTIMORA wrote:

Did Ortiz show the same kind of heart as Ali, of course not

You run those risks by being a boxer in the first place, it's heartless to quit mid fight

Duran must be heartless then. In the macho latino culture, you dont quit. Is he therefore heartless?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next