The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you think there will be any surprises in the Lions Test XXIII...?

+16
debaters1
kiakahaaotearoa
SecretFly
red_stag
thomh
Ozzy3213
fa0019
RubyGuby
GunsGerms
LondonTiger
bedfordwelsh
BigTrevsbigmac
t1000advancedprototype
HammerofThunor
doctor_grey
maestegmafia
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Do you think there will be any surprises in the Lions Test XXIII...? - Page 2 Empty Do you think there will be any surprises in the Lions Test XXIII...?

Post by maestegmafia Thu 13 Jun 2013, 11:18 pm

First topic message reminder :

Deliberations are nearing an end, its been 24 months of deliberations over that first test, now only just over 7 days away. Injuries, form, lack of form and call ups have thrust forward a number of which we , the journalists and the TV pundits are all coming to some similar very conclusions of who is a certainty in Brisbane for the first test.

But there is often the odd surprise, the call you didn't see being made in advance of the announcement and if anyone has any good suggestions, maybe that would soften the surprise a bit...?

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Do you think there will be any surprises in the Lions Test XXIII...? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you think there will be any surprises in the Lions Test XXIII...?

Post by debaters1 Fri 14 Jun 2013, 2:28 pm

Brennomac, I may be mixing things up, and apologies if I have gotten my wires crossed and am offending someone as a result, but didn't a Tour Captain in the late 80's/early90's hold his hand up to be dropped after a bad match in the first or second test? I have Calder in my head but I think that is wrong myself.

debaters1

Back to top Go down

Do you think there will be any surprises in the Lions Test XXIII...? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you think there will be any surprises in the Lions Test XXIII...?

Post by brennomac Fri 14 Jun 2013, 2:32 pm

Debaters you could be right about Calder back in 80-90's, have some vague recollection of it but not certain

brennomac

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Fri 14 Jun 2013, 2:36 pm

So you're 100 per cent about the sixties but something that happened at least two decades you're a bit iffy about. 

That leads me to conclude you were a late comer to the experimentalism of the 1960s and you really gave it a good go in the 1970s. Wink

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Allty Fri 14 Jun 2013, 2:39 pm

[quote="maestegmafia"]Deliberations are nearing an end, its been 24 months of deliberations over that first test, now only just over 7 days away. Injuries, form, lack of form and call ups have thrust forward a number of which we , the journalists and the TV pundits are all coming to some similar very conclusions of who is a certainty in Brisbane for the first test.

But there is often the odd surprise, the call you didn't see being made in advance of the announcement and if anyone has any good suggestions, maybe that would soften the surprise a bit...?

No I think the 22 Test players will come from the squad already in Australia[/quote]

Allty

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Fri 14 Jun 2013, 2:41 pm

Warburton wont be 'officially' dropped if he isnt playing - we know that much. If he doesnt make it - it will be down to an 'injury'.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 14 Jun 2013, 3:09 pm

Anyone else think that the Wallabies will kick a lot in behind our big backs. I expect a fair few up and unders and grubber kicks.

I think they will have a lot of success with it to, to such a degree that if they can get a decent platform in the set piece I think they will win all 3 tests.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by debaters1 Fri 14 Jun 2013, 3:51 pm

Really that worried Rodders? With 1/2p and say, Zebo, I'd have no problem with how we'll deal with kicks in behind or along the deck. Those guys are safe pairs of hands and good broken field runners too.

Now I know North and Cuthbert are big units and comparatively are not as adroit on the turn etc, but they're not oil tankers either. YOu could be right about the tactic btw, I just do not see it being that devatatingly effective over three tests matches. In fact, I'd back the Lions to make hay with any less than superb kick.

debaters1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2