The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nathan Cleverly could finally be facing somebody with a pulse!!!!!

+24
JabMachineMK2
ian_jamsie
88Chris05
Rowley
jimdig
lowpylord
RanjitPatel
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
John Bloody Wayne
DavidBlunkettsuppercut
bellchees
Strongback
bhb001
milkyboy
BoxingFan88
Boxtthis
seanmichaels
Union Cane
Steffan
TopHat24/7
thebawwse
mobilemaster8
hampo17
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
28 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Nathan Cleverly could finally be facing somebody with a pulse!!!!! Empty Nathan Cleverly could finally be facing somebody with a pulse!!!!!

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Fri 14 Jun 2013, 3:36 pm

Seen a few rumours floating around Twitter about this fight.

Warren and his team are expected to be annoucing a fight against Serge Kovalev who is known to us hardcore folk as the guy who tore Campillo a new one within 3 rounds a few months ago.

Fair play if Cleverly shares the ring against Kovalev who impressed a lot of people with his quick destruction of Campillo. He has seriously heavy hands and is unbeaten.

Heres a link to the story, lets hope its not another "Cleverly wants Hopkins" type template article and it gets made.

I promise I will give him a little credit.............for now hehe.

http://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/sport/10484345.Nathan_Cleverly_ready_to_put_world_title_on_the_line/

Thoughts??

Cheers

Dee
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Nathan Cleverly could finally be facing somebody with a pulse!!!!! Empty Re: Nathan Cleverly could finally be facing somebody with a pulse!!!!!

Post by hampo17 Fri 14 Jun 2013, 3:39 pm

A complete opposite to the other thread started today Laugh

Completely agree with you.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Nathan Cleverly could finally be facing somebody with a pulse!!!!! Empty Re: Nathan Cleverly could finally be facing somebody with a pulse!!!!!

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Fri 14 Jun 2013, 3:55 pm

I didnt even see that other thread mate.

Another WUM to add to the list by the look of things.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Fri 14 Jun 2013, 3:59 pm

Yeh mate was a winchester wannabe.

I agree with you. This is clearly a step up. Lets see how his chin holds against this fella....

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Fri 14 Jun 2013, 4:13 pm

"was" a Winchester wannabe?

Did he/she/it get banned then?

Anywhoooo, it is a big step up, Kolalev done a serious job on Campillo who just prior to that should have really been IBF champion after getting seriously mugged by Don King and Cloud's team.

Its an interesting fight.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by thebawwse Fri 14 Jun 2013, 5:32 pm

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:I didnt even see that other thread mate.

Another WUM to add to the list by the look of things.
your mum's a wum...cleverly is a sucka

thebawwse

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 14 Jun 2013, 5:47 pm

Why do you now post like a complete and utter tool whereas you used to be pretty reasonable/normal??

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri 14 Jun 2013, 5:53 pm

Wonder where this fight will be. Hopefully Cardiff as I could do with a boxing night out. That being said a trip up to Londres could be fun

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 14 Jun 2013, 6:25 pm

Hopkins Murat is off as the Yanks won't let the German into the country.

Might it be worth Frank giving Hopkins' people a call?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 14 Jun 2013, 6:39 pm

Steffan wrote:Wonder where this fight will be. Hopefully Cardiff as I could do with a boxing night out. That being said a trip up to Londres could be fun to see how the better half live.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri 14 Jun 2013, 6:43 pm

Better half? How is London another half of Wales?

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 14 Jun 2013, 7:06 pm

Your Prince, Queen etc live there (most of the time)?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri 14 Jun 2013, 7:27 pm

They sound like wonderful people thumbsup

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Fri 14 Jun 2013, 8:20 pm

A good fight for Cleverly - especially considering his laughable opposition so far. But I'll believe it when I see it: Cleverly has been nothing but talk for years "oh I want Hopkins, oh I'll need to fight this nurse first instead - he's really tough, honest".

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Fri 14 Jun 2013, 10:09 pm

Haha if reborn is happy with it, then it must be a good fight for Cleverly!

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Fri 14 Jun 2013, 11:18 pm

BF and believe me, it's very rare that I'm happy!!!
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sat 15 Jun 2013, 8:53 am

Really doesn't smell right. Why make a career out of fighting no marks and then out of the blue pick a dangerous live opponent that brings no name or money to the table?

He is still with frank warren, right?

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Sat 15 Jun 2013, 9:59 am

Okay, so what happened to Braehmer, his mandatory? I have been told on here that Cleverley must be given slack because he faced his mandatory last time out, even though this was someone he had signed to fight several months earlier (called off because of injury?) while ducking his more dangerous mandatory at that time (if that isn't double dutch!). Now his mandatory (a shadow of his former self, but still a name) has been forgotten again! Smell BS to be honest, with a "no one wants to fight me" punch line followed by a fight with a no name / no pulse challenger "to keep myself busy". Come on Cleverly!! You are so much better than that!! I would be happy with him fighting Kovalev, but as this man fought and won last night, does his mean we have to wait another six months for a match to actually come about? Fight decent opposition in the next four months or leave Frank or stop boring me.

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sat 15 Jun 2013, 11:35 am

Frank is very active at the moment, also offering Matchroom Cleverly v Froch and Frampton v Quigg. I'll believe these fights are happening when I see the fighters stepping into the ring.

Franks generating s bit of publicity all the same, you'd nearly be forgiven for believing you are seeing a phoenix rising from the flames.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Sat 15 Jun 2013, 11:45 am

Bhb to be fair he fought last night but barely broke a sweat. Fight could be made for the next 2 months probably if it had to be.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Sat 15 Jun 2013, 11:48 am

Just watched the Kovalev fight from last night. The commentator said that the winner would become mandatory for Hopkins belt after Murat pulled out so I don't expect Cleverly to fight either of them any time soon. Also Kovalev would not let Cleverly see past the half way mark, he throws fast and powerful combinations and Cleverly is just there to be hit, eventually that very very solid chin of his would break. Link to last night fight below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1DZoz2_XRg

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sat 15 Jun 2013, 11:56 am

bhb001 wrote:Okay, so what happened to Braehmer, his mandatory? I have been told on here that Cleverley must be given slack because he faced his mandatory last time out, even though this was someone he had signed to fight several months earlier (called off because of injury?) while ducking his more dangerous mandatory at that time (if that isn't double dutch!). Now his mandatory (a shadow of his former self, but still a name) has been forgotten again! Smell BS to be honest, with a "no one wants to fight me" punch line followed by a fight with a no name / no pulse challenger "to keep myself busy". Come on Cleverly!! You are so much better than that!! I would be happy with him fighting Kovalev, but as this man fought and won last night, does his mean we have to wait another six months for a match to actually come about? Fight decent opposition in the next four months or leave Frank or stop boring me.

Braehmer is scheduled to fight Stefano Abatangelo in August, I would expect Cleverly would want a fight around the same time.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Sat 15 Jun 2013, 12:03 pm

My guess for Cleverlys next fight would be Doudou Ngumbu, highly ranked by the WBO but he can't punch and is of course absolute guff. But he's available.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidBlunkettsuppercut Sat 15 Jun 2013, 12:17 pm

bellchees wrote:My guess for Cleverlys next fight would be Doudou Ngumbu, highly ranked by the WBO but he can't punch and is of course absolute guff. But he's available

Yes that sounds about right, Ngumbu is also a part time hairdresser so that fight will be ideal for warrior clev.
DavidBlunkettsuppercut
DavidBlunkettsuppercut

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidBlunkettsuppercut Sat 15 Jun 2013, 12:23 pm

I actually think Clev will get stopped against Kovalev who has serious KO power Clevs chin is there to be hit,  his career will never recover.
DavidBlunkettsuppercut
DavidBlunkettsuppercut

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sat 15 Jun 2013, 12:25 pm

I think ngumbo would be a step forward. Clev's other opponents have all been doudou, but this would be the first one to openly admit it.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Sat 15 Jun 2013, 12:31 pm

He just beat Cornelius White TKO in the 3rd round! Cornelius White dominated Dimitri Sudhotsky, who was the opponent we were crying out for Cleverly to fight.

If this fight goes ahead there can be no qualms in my opinion, a very good and strong opponent.

Whether or not it does, is another matter altogether.....

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sat 15 Jun 2013, 12:40 pm

Well lets just hope the fight happens then against Kovalev rather than all this 'Clev will fight so and so because he is rubbish' or 'Clev is ducking Braehmer' or 'Clev only wants Braehmer because he is shot' nonsense when we all know Clev was due to fight Braehmer for the title 3 years ago and Braehmer kept pulling out hence Clev won the belt out of the ring

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Sat 15 Jun 2013, 12:43 pm

I'd be impressed but surprised if he signed to fight Kovalev. Style wise Clev should have a better chance against Hopkins, who might just get old and gas. Against Kovalev he's more than likely gonna get either stopped or take some punishment on the way to a loss.

I'd rather see Kovalev v Adonis!

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sat 15 Jun 2013, 12:44 pm

Wont happen, Warren doesn't want to have him in with anyone decent and Cleverly doesn't seem to care

Kovalev hits like a mule, and he isn't crude with his work. Fast combo's set up by the jab and decent footwork and alright defence he got through his amateur experiance

Cleverly relies too much on his chin and doesn't have the power to stop Kovlaev walking through him. Last night he was punching through White's guard with so much ease and a Clev fight would be similar

Warren can say what he wants and show emails but no-ones buying it, and Cleverly needs to have a serious think about where his career is going as he's a bit of a laughing stock to boxing fans and an unknown I america

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Sat 15 Jun 2013, 12:44 pm

That was an impressive performance from Kovalev, he destroyed him.

Forget Braehmer, Kovalev is the guy he should be fighting, he is also known in the United States now as well.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Sat 15 Jun 2013, 12:45 pm

John Bloody Wayne wrote:I'd be impressed but surprised if he signed to fight Kovalev. Style wise Clev should have a better chance against Hopkins, who might just get old and gas. Against Kovalev he's more than likely gonna get either stopped or take some punishment on the way to a loss.

I'd rather see Kovalev v Adonis!

Adonis might be able to hit, but I don't think he likes getting hit.

Great fight though!

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sat 15 Jun 2013, 2:22 pm

Frank is announcing more fights that a Michael Buffer highlights video.

Seems to be throwing big money at every Hearn fighter he can. Eddie isn't biting. Be funny if he did bite and Frank didn't have the cash.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Sat 15 Jun 2013, 2:30 pm

The fight not happening three years ago may have been Braehmers fault. A decent match up in three years has to be laid at the door of Clev and Frank. Kovalev only had a 3 rounder yesterday. I am sure he will be up for a fight in 4 months. This will be a decent test so no more nurses or hairdressers please. I say again, Cleverly is better than that but needs to prove it.

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sat 15 Jun 2013, 7:56 pm

Anyway even if Clev does step up and fight someone decent you would all be cheering on the opponent anyway so I guess none of you really care who he fights

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Sat 15 Jun 2013, 9:12 pm

Dry your eyes Steffan, he has brought it on himself for abusing the Health Service
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by RanjitPatel Sat 15 Jun 2013, 9:25 pm

Kovalev looks the part and has real power. Tough fight for Cleverly. I still get the feeling that Clev will go up a level when he fights someone like Kovalev or someone good. If he doesn't then he will lose.

With regards the fight I think blowing all these fighters out early may work against Kovalev and he may gas middway against Clev. Clev to win as a result of Kovalevs gassing after surviving a war.

RanjitPatel

Back to top Go down

Post by lowpylord Sat 15 Jun 2013, 9:26 pm

If your Welsh or Russian.... this.... is..... THE..... fight of the year! For the rest of us it's one to look forward too. Styles make fights and these styles MESH!! Kovalev isn't going to be spring any surprises (he's predictable, but heavy handed enough not require tactics or surprise)..... Every shot is hurtful (at least early)....... the longer Clev takes this the better chance he has.

(Campillo is pants anyway so there no reason to lick Kovalevs dangleys)

lowpylord

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Sat 15 Jun 2013, 9:47 pm

So what fight would you use to lick Cleverlys dangleys?
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by lowpylord Sat 15 Jun 2013, 9:56 pm

I don't lick cleverlys or anyones dangleys and if i came across as though i did then that's a reflection on you rather than me.

lowpylord

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Sat 15 Jun 2013, 10:06 pm

lowpylord wrote:Campillo is pants anyway so there no reason to lick Kovalevs dangleys

Campillo is by no means great, but he's still better than anyone Cleverly has faced (perhaps Murat excluded - although I wouldn't agree with that personally), which, for a 'world champion' with multiple defenses, is a bit of a joke.

I'd be happy to support Cleverly, as I do all UK fighters, but the run of opponents he's had is laughable and is a clear portrayal of one of the main problems in boxing - the best don't face the best. Until he faces someone top 5 then he deserves all the criticism he gets.

Although we've no real notion of how good Clev really is (owing to the fact that he's never fought anyone) I'd actually give him a decent shot at beating Adonis Stevenson, or Kovalev, or Cloud, or even of managing to outwork Hopkins (although 'Nard would still be fave). He just needs to stop talking about good fights and actually compete in good fights. Not much to ask from a boxer, is it?

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Sat 15 Jun 2013, 10:07 pm

lowpylord wrote:I don't lick cleverlys or anyones dangleys

Nice to know....

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by lowpylord Sat 15 Jun 2013, 10:11 pm

Boxtthis wrote:
lowpylord wrote:I don't lick cleverlys or anyones dangleys

Nice to know....

lowpylord

Back to top Go down

Post by lowpylord Sat 15 Jun 2013, 10:13 pm

A few people came up to me in the town centre and randomly asked if i licked clev dangleys, I assumed I must have one of those faces so thought i'd clear it up.

lowpylord

Back to top Go down

Post by lowpylord Sat 15 Jun 2013, 10:15 pm

If Clev beats Kovalev then he is the real deal.

lowpylord

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Sun 16 Jun 2013, 7:17 am

hampo171 wrote:
bhb001 wrote:Okay, so what happened to Braehmer, his mandatory? I have been told on here that Cleverley must be given slack because he faced his mandatory last time out, even though this was someone he had signed to fight several months earlier (called off because of injury?) while ducking his more dangerous mandatory at that time (if that isn't double dutch!). Now his mandatory (a shadow of his former self, but still a name) has been forgotten again! Smell BS to be honest, with a "no one wants to fight me" punch line followed by a fight with a no name / no pulse challenger "to keep myself busy". Come on Cleverly!! You are so much better than that!! I would be happy with him fighting Kovalev, but as this man fought and won last night, does his mean we have to wait another six months for a match to actually come about? Fight decent opposition in the next four months or leave Frank or stop boring me.

Braehmer is scheduled to fight Stefano Abatangelo in August, I would expect Cleverly would want a fight around the same time.

Exactly. So why didn't them two fight in August?

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 17 Jun 2013, 10:40 am

He is not very realistic is Bernard Hopkins

He can box, yes. But he is far too old to think that he can beat Cleverly

Is that a fact? Yes. And it could be a painful one

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Mon 17 Jun 2013, 10:44 am

If Clev beats Kovalev then he is the real deal.

I agree with this. Big if and a real challenge. Let's hope he takes it up.

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Tue 18 Jun 2013, 7:06 am

Kovalev is the mandatory for Hopkins in murats absence. Purse bids ordered. Warren back to the drawing board.

Reference, ESPN boxing.

Last edited by jimdig on Tue 18 Jun 2013, 1:25 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add ref)

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Tue 18 Jun 2013, 8:00 am

Jimdig wrote:Kovalev is the mandatory for Hopkins in murats absence. Purse bids ordered. Warren back to the drawing board

The cynical part of me believes that Frank knew this and so thought it safe to tout the fight out there. From Kovalev's point of view, which will make him the most money; Hopkins or a kid from wales who hasn't fought anyone of note yet. Has to be his usual tricks and spin.

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next