The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lions forwards questions?

3 posters

Go down

Lions forwards questions? Empty Lions forwards questions?

Post by stevetynant Fri 14 Jun - 18:31

Is it surprising anyone that though the lions apparantly have a great pack of forwards and this would seem to be their trump card against the wallabies that so far they have not shown any area of complete supremacy against any of the sides they have played yet? I know they have dominated possession in most matches but have we once seen evidence that we have a powerful driving maul? We are not deploying the choke tackle which Ireland used to beat oz in the wc .the line out has been a worry, the scrum only dominates when Adam jones is there for example. When we play australa their back row will be much quicker to be loose ball than anything we've faced yet and it's starting to concern me that when up against he best oz has to offer what we are showing so far will not be cohesive enough. Perhaps warren is holding it back in training but so far I've been underwhelmed by our forward play which has surprised me to be honest.

stevetynant

Back to top Go down

Lions forwards questions? Empty Re: Lions forwards questions?

Post by Ifandorbut Fri 14 Jun - 19:12

Just a guess, but do the words not, showing and ones hand, ring any bells?

IAOB
Ifandorbut
Ifandorbut

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sat 15 Jun - 7:59

I think we need to see it today, no?  Personally, I would like to see a lot of up the jumper Rugby today.  Ge after exactly that dominance you mention from the pack.  Over and over.  Then get it out wider.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down