The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Australia vs British and Irish Lions - 22nd June : TEST 1 BUILDUP

+105
stlowe
tatterd
Sin é
Gretgael1
Rory_Gallagher
Thomond
theslosty
Heaf
gelodge
boomeranga
majesticimperialman
Knowsit17
Full Credit
Pal Joey
Fernando
Aelandor
profitius
McLaren
ultra
Shifty
BamBam
Frankston
littlejohn
GloriousEmpire
Scrumdown
Cumbrian
t1000advancedprototype
markb
GLove39
valtrepkos
RDW
Breadvan
Good Golly I'm Olly
formerly known as Sam
Hookisms and Hyperbole
Exiledinborders
The Saint
trebellbobaggins
RDSguru
AFewTooManyKnocks
ospreysboyo
Hood83
Scoped
hodge
LeinsterFan4life
Scrumpy
SecretFly
B91212
The Boss
kiakahaaotearoa
blackcanelion
yappysnap
jimmyinthewell68
nth
MarcusHalberstram
JmD
funnyExiledScot
Geordie
daiglass63
RuggerRadge2611
Cadair Idris
flyhalffactory
Artful_Dodger
Taylorman
Cyril
Manu's Boxing Coach
pete (buachaill on eirne)
munkian
GunsGerms
rodders
RubyGuby
OzT
andy powells minder
HammerofThunor
George Carlin
fa0019
Tattie Scones RRN
lostinwales
offload
broadlandboy
doctor_grey
Icu
kingjohn7
Pyleboy65
BlueNote
robbo277
ChequeredJersey
BigTrevsbigmac
R!skysports
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Rugby Fan
Goosestepper
maestegmafia
dragonbreath
wayne
Feckless Rogue
Duty281
nathan
LondonTiger
asoreleftshoulder
bedfordwelsh
glamorganalun
captain carrantuohil
jelly
wales606
109 posters

Page 17 of 17 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17

Go down

Australia vs British and Irish Lions - 22nd June : TEST 1 BUILDUP - Page 17 Empty Australia vs British and Irish Lions - 22nd June : TEST 1 BUILDUP

Post by wales606 Sat 15 Jun 2013, 7:00 pm

First topic message reminder :

So, it's only a week to go before the first Lions test for 4 years.

Gatland has a host of injuries and a game against the Brumbies to manoeuvre while deciding the 23 players who will take to the pitch next Saturday.

Christian Wade and Brad Barritt have both been called up to cover for injury concerns over Jamie Roberts, Manu Tuilagi, Tommy Bowe and George North

My team for Saturday

1. Maku Vunipola
2. Tom Youngs
3. Adam Jones
4. Alun Wyn Jones
5. Paul O'Connell
6. Tom Croft
7. Sam Warburton
8. Toby Faletau
9. Mike Phillips
10. Jonathan Sexton
11. George North (Simon Zebo)
12. Jonathan Davies
13. Brian O'Driscoll
14. Alex Cuthbert
15. Leigh Halfpenny

16. Richard Hibbard
17. Alex Corbisiero
18. Dan Cole
19. Richie Gray
20. Justin Tipuric
21. Ben Youngs
22. Owen Farrell
23. Manu Tuilagi/Stuart Hogg

Thoughts?
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Australia vs British and Irish Lions - 22nd June : TEST 1 BUILDUP - Page 17 Empty Re: Australia vs British and Irish Lions - 22nd June : TEST 1 BUILDUP

Post by GunsGerms Mon 24 Jun 2013, 9:13 pm

mystiroakey wrote:Its all well and good blaming the ref. but at the key times in that game both teams messed up..- the last 10 mins was an absoloute shocker by both teams

I think We played better overall. However if Aus had there kicking boots on we would have been beaten..

The ref gave Australia double the penalties that the Lions got while refusing to card or even penalise Australia for multiple indiscretions near their own line. The same thing happened v SA in the first test in '09. Guess what there was a Kiwi ref then too. That's the most annoying thing about these Lions series there is never a level playing field re refereeing. Sadly you have to beat both the home team and the ref.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Australia vs British and Irish Lions - 22nd June : TEST 1 BUILDUP - Page 17 Empty Re: Australia vs British and Irish Lions - 22nd June : TEST 1 BUILDUP

Post by HammerofThunor Mon 24 Jun 2013, 9:19 pm

GunsGerms wrote:
mystiroakey wrote:Its all well and good blaming the ref. but at the key times in that game both teams messed up..- the last 10 mins was an absoloute shocker by both teams

I think We played better overall. However if Aus had there kicking boots on we would have been beaten..

The ref gave Australia double the penalties that the Lions got while refusing to card or even penalise Australia for multiple indiscretions near their own line. The same thing happened v SA in the first test in '09. Guess what there was a Kiwi ref then too. That's the most annoying thing about these Lions series there is never a level playing field re refereeing. Sadly you have to beat both the home team and the ref.
But unless he gave the Lions a yellow that's meaningless. Plenty of refs don't pull out the card quickly. Doesn't make them inconsistent or biased or even 'bad'. Just different.

If he had yellow carded one side and not the other then you can start picking at it.

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Mon 24 Jun 2013, 9:27 pm

HammerofThunor wrote:
GunsGerms wrote:

But unless he gave the Lions a yellow that's meaningless. Plenty of refs don't pull out the card quickly. Doesn't make them inconsistent or biased or even 'bad'. Just different.

If he had yellow carded one side and not the other then you can start picking at it.

I don't recall the Lions ever getting penalised while the Aussies were camped on the Lions line. Some of the penalties given against the Lions were absolutely ridiculous anyway so not sure what the yellow would have been for. Pollack was clearly influenced by Bob Dwyer's comments in the lead up to the game. Such a shame.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Mon 24 Jun 2013, 9:33 pm

HammerofThunor wrote:
GunsGerms wrote:

Interesting, contrasting views.

The Ref is  the most important player in the game. He is an essential &  integral part of what defines the game we love. He interprets the Laws in a split second. But, amongst the rugby-infidels, he will always get the blame.

Deal with its imperfection.  Its all part of it. It all evens out in the end.  Me, I love it.

Believe.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Mon 24 Jun 2013, 9:39 pm

The Grand Master G has spoken - How are you old fella? Hows the maionnaise on your fries over there - Too many emotions over the 6 Nations - I find this Lions stuff a bit easier. I think we'll be fine. I've discovered that most of 606 is more neurotic than half my patients. Every player is marmite according to the lot of them - They are either shoite or world class - We'll be fine, a secure platform and we'll go about our business in a Gatlandesque manner without needing to resort to anything too fancy. BOD talked a lot of sense after the game; I guess he's not a 606 poster - Mo Chara  thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 24 Jun 2013, 9:43 pm

I have a feeling you docs are more neurotic than your patients..

Anyway. 

It's a win and that is the only thing that truly matters. Still the lot of them bottled it in the end.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Mon 24 Jun 2013, 9:44 pm

RubyGuby wrote:The Grand Master G has spoken - How are you old fella? Hows the maionnaise on your fries over there - Too many emotions over the 6 Nations - I find this Lions stuff a bit easier. I think we'll be fine. I've discovered that most of 606 is more neurotic than half my patients. Every player is marmite according to the lot of them - They are either shoite or world class - We'll be fine, a secure platform and we'll go about our business in a Gatlandesque manner without needing to resort to anything too fancy. BOD talked a lot of sense after the game; I guess he's not a 606 poster - Mo Chara  thumbsup

Welsh? Doctor? Are you JPR?
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Mon 24 Jun 2013, 10:18 pm

ChequeredJersey wrote:
RubyGuby wrote:The Grand Master G has spoken - How are you old fella? Hows the maionnaise on your fries over there - Too many emotions over the 6 Nations - I find this Lions stuff a bit easier. I think we'll be fine. I've discovered that most of 606 is more neurotic than half my patients. Every player is marmite according to the lot of them - They are either shoite or world class - We'll be fine, a secure platform and we'll go about our business in a Gatlandesque manner without needing to resort to anything too fancy. BOD talked a lot of sense after the game; I guess he's not a 606 poster - Mo Chara  thumbsup

Welsh? Doctor? Are you JPR?

CJ. Son. Yerman  is the infamous  Shrink.

Talks far too much sense for a Taff.

Just markin yer card like. OK

Last edited by Gibson on Mon 24 Jun 2013, 10:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Mon 24 Jun 2013, 10:18 pm

Dig Deeper CJ and you might find that I used to play full back a while back thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Mon 24 Jun 2013, 10:21 pm

Anyways what you doing on here Gibson, it's not like it's 2 am in the morning - you been fired or what?

The Shrink! aghhh! if only I had that level of rugby insight, nous and wit I wouldn't be posting on here angel

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 17 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17