The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The return of......... *payback spoiler*

+9
Dolphin Ziggler
Mr Video Man
Bluebird_ccfc
RinoGattuso
Dr Gregory House MD
Hero
XR
Crimey
adamk
13 posters

Go down

The return of......... *payback spoiler* Empty The return of......... *payback spoiler*

Post by adamk Mon 17 Jun 2013, 2:48 am

According to nodq and twitter RVD is returning at money in the bank and a promo was aired at payback tonight.

Thoughts ?

adamk

Back to top Go down

The return of......... *payback spoiler* Empty Re: The return of......... *payback spoiler*

Post by Crimey Mon 17 Jun 2013, 2:59 am

Bad move, RVD will always disappoint simply because he can't do what he used to be able to do and isn't a good enough wrestler to adjust his style.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The return of......... *payback spoiler* Empty Re: The return of......... *payback spoiler*

Post by XR Mon 17 Jun 2013, 12:04 pm

People still visit NoDQ? Jesus, what an awful website and worse forums

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Mon 17 Jun 2013, 12:08 pm

The last thing WWE need is an over the hill lazy botch machine that is RVD. Awful decision by whoever made it.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Mon 17 Jun 2013, 12:29 pm

picardpicardpicardpicardpicardpicardpicardpicardpicardpicardpicardpicardpicardpicardpicardpicardpicardpicardpicardpicardpicardpicardpicardpicardpicardpicardpicardpicardpicardpicardpicard

That about sums it up really

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by RinoGattuso Mon 17 Jun 2013, 1:26 pm

I wish they never announced it, the pop he would have gotten would have been fantastic, if they kept it secret, but hopefully its only the PPV he's back for.

RinoGattuso

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebird_ccfc Mon 17 Jun 2013, 1:39 pm

Its disappointing they have announced it already but its obviously done to try and get a few more buys of the PPV from fans who want abit of nostalgia. Even though we have plenty of that at the rumbles. Obviously he's not going to win it so if you ask me they must be running out of people who are prepared to throw themselves off high things.
Bluebird_ccfc
Bluebird_ccfc

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Video Man Mon 17 Jun 2013, 1:41 pm

I think its good that hes back ok he isn't a great wrestler but he isn't the worst either.  plus I can now do the pointing my thumbs at my shoulders thing again Smile
Mr Video Man
Mr Video Man

Back to top Go down

Post by RinoGattuso Mon 17 Jun 2013, 2:11 pm

Hopefully a few others might return, Shelton, MVP etc...

RinoGattuso

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Mon 17 Jun 2013, 2:19 pm

I don't want any yesteryear star to return now. Give me the NXT guys not some guy from the past that takes up a slot on the roster.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 17 Jun 2013, 2:23 pm

To be fair I think MVP and Benjamin could offer a lot more than RVD.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Mon 17 Jun 2013, 2:46 pm

RVD for me is over the hill, out of shape, uncharismatic, unmotivated and given his out spoken views on marajuina legalization hardly a great poster boy

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 17 Jun 2013, 10:14 pm

Not as desperately down on it as others. Got a huge reaction all night at the PPV, think he is on the goodbye tour and may well find an edge with some of the better performers in WWE. I think he may well up his game, especially in something like the MITB match cos its so spot heavy that you get to drift out of focus. Good for a few people to go over too, his name holds weight with many. Optimistic without expecting too much

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Awesome Giz Mon 17 Jun 2013, 11:02 pm

Apparently he's only joined on a short term deal.

Which to me means only one thing, a former money in the bank winners money in the bank ladder match at money in the bank. Barring Anderson and Edge.

I'm surprised he's passed a wellness test really.

The Awesome Giz

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon 17 Jun 2013, 11:40 pm

Wouldn't be a bad idea Giz. Edge could maybe select a superstar of his choosing though, that could be Christian and thats his return sorted as well.

So that would be

RVD
Jack Swagger
The Miz
Kane
Daniel Bryan
Alberto Del Rio - Already a Champion though
John Cena - Already a Champion though
CM Punk - Doubt he would be in it though
Dolph Ziggler - As Above.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Tue 18 Jun 2013, 2:49 pm

Am I the only one excited? I Frak loved RVD.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Tue 18 Jun 2013, 4:25 pm

Well since he has announced the return. Both live crowds have been going nuts of RVD chants!

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Tue 18 Jun 2013, 4:30 pm

And I doubt the WWE would take him back if he was as bad as everyone is making him out to be.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Video Man Tue 18 Jun 2013, 7:14 pm

Samo wrote:Am I the only one excited? I Frak loved RVD.

no your not I am too Smile The return of......... *payback spoiler* 3933776953
Mr Video Man
Mr Video Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 18 Jun 2013, 11:46 pm

Samo wrote:And I doubt the WWE would take him back if he was as bad as everyone is making him out to be.

They resigned Kevin Nash in 2011 and tried to put him into a massively high profile feud, despite it being obvious for at least 5 years he was in terrible shape. RVD was really bad towards the end of his run in TNA, even when he came back for the Rumble a few years back he was slow.

It's just the nature of his style of wrestling that he will inevitably get worse with age quicker than a guy whose style is a little less high-flying based.

I like is music though...

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Wed 19 Jun 2013, 12:54 am

Re-signed on short term deal as they have something specific in mind. WWE approached him as well not the other way around.

I agree with the MITB idea that it will be past winners:

RVD, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, CM Punk, Kane, Jack Swagger (if back), John Cena (or not), Miz, Del Rio.

So with Del Rio and Cena champs you could have a MITB match of:

RVD vs Bryan vs Ziggler vs CM Punk vs Kane vs Miz vs Jack Swagger

Wouldn't be a bad match...

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Wed 19 Jun 2013, 12:55 am

Also think he could actually stick around after as 'a Paul Heyman guy'

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 19 Jun 2013, 1:23 am

I think what could happen is he signs on a short-term wrestling deal, does Money in the Bank, gets a few spots and then signs a Legend's contract like Mick Foley, Kevin Nash, Bret Hart etc. So they can use his likeness etc. Think a lot of ex-WWE guys will end up doing the same when their careers wind down, like Angle.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Wed 19 Jun 2013, 1:48 am

NickisBHAFC wrote:Wouldn't be a bad idea Giz. Edge could maybe select a superstar of his choosing though, that could be Christian and thats his return sorted as well.

So that would be

RVD
Jack Swagger
The Miz
Kane
Daniel Bryan
Alberto Del Rio - Already a Champion though
John Cena - Already a Champion though
CM Punk - Doubt he would be in it though
Dolph Ziggler - As Above.

I reckon he will be, Lesnar takes Punk out of the match to help another 'Paul Heyman guy' building towards Summerslam

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down