The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kell Brook to move to 154?

+16
Mr Bounce
Strongback
thebawwse
Steffan
88Chris05
TRUSSMAN66
milkyboy
JabMachineMK2
Soldier_Of_Fortune
seanmichaels
BlakkMamba
joeyjojo618
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
TopHat24/7
hampo17
adamk
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Kell Brook to move to 154? - Page 2 Empty Kell Brook to move to 154?

Post by adamk Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:59 pm

First topic message reminder :

http://www.boxingnews24.com/2013/06/kell-brook-to-move-to-154-soon-says-hearn/#more-150706

By Scott Gilfoid: Undefeated welterweight contender Kell Brook’s time as a welterweight could be nearing the end. His next fight against Carson Jones (35-9-3, 25 KO’s) on July 13th will be taking place at a catch-weight of 150 lbs, according to Dan Rafael of ESPN.
Brook had problems training because of his injured foot that he sustained while trying to get ready for a bout against IBF welterweight champion Devon Alexander. That fight never happened because of Brook’s foot injury.
Brook’s promoter Eddie Hearn said to ESPN “I don’t want to put too much pressure on him to make the fight and he was restricted early in camp because of [his] foot; can see a move to 154 soon.”

Hearn tried to get the catch-weight of 150 changed to 152, but the Jones’ team said no to that. Jones isn’t a huge welterweight and it would have been asking a lot of him to fight at that weight.
Brook better enjoy his time at welterweight while he still can because if you put in with junior middleweights, I think he’s going to have problems. I can’t picture Brook being able to hang with the likes of Saul “Canelo” Alvarez, Austin Trout or even Sergiy Rabchenko.
Brook took a beating against the smallish Carson Jones last year in July. Can you imagine what would happen if Brook were fighting bigger, stronger and more talented fighters at 154? It would be a slaughter.
Brook dishes out the punishment okay, but when it came to him getting tagged back by these guys, it would be brutal and I couldn’t see him lasting more than five or six rounds tops.
Brook’s problem is he’s been matched so incredibly softly during his 9 years as a pro. It would be just too much for him if Hearn suddenly threw him in the ring with a good junior middleweight or even a good welterweight for that matter.
I’m not even sure if Brook’s feet or ankles would hold up under a training camp for a fight against someone at this point. I’m still wondering if Brook will be able to make it out of his training camp for Carson Jones without doing down with a fight-postponing foot or ankle injury.

What are peoples thoughts?

adamk

Back to top Go down

Kell Brook to move to 154? - Page 2 Empty Re: Kell Brook to move to 154?

Post by mobilemaster8 Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:30 pm

Canelo, Trout, Cotto, Lara, Angulo all smash his face in at 154

Khan, Mayweather, Pacquiao, Marquez, Bradley, Rios, Alexander all smash his face in at 147.

the guy struggled with P4P legend Carson Jones.

All noise. I hope he just falls off the seen.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:01 am

He struggled with jones when he gassed badly, he toyed with him for the first 6 rounds. The truth is he has question marks over how he would handle a top operator because he hasn't fought one. And, there are serious issues about his stamina which might be attitude/application and might be just a plain physicslity issue.

But he clearly has boxing ability and by way of example looked more accomplished against hatton than Canelo did. He needs to get his act together, who knows whether he ever will, but I wouldn't just write him off as a no hoper on the basis of the jones fight.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:22 am

Got to not only blame Brook but his trainer Ingle as well,the Ingle camp must know if Brook is struggling at welter bad management all round amateurish from top to bottom.
Brook needs to knuckle down and dedicate himself or end up a what might have been.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:51 am

Guys he obviously wanted to fight the top fighters, not his fault he got injured, it dropped his career back, he's just been unlucky, but obviously boxing fans can't think that and will just pi££ and moan.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:52 am

mobilemaster8 wrote:Canelo, Trout, Cotto, Lara, Angulo all smash his face in at 154

Khan, Mayweather, Pacquiao, Marquez, Bradley, Rios, Alexander all smash his face in at 147.

the guy struggled with P4P legend Carson Jones.

All noise. I hope he just falls off the seen.

Boxers struggle with certain styles......Hearns struggled with Randy shields....Spinks with Oscar Rivadenya...Hagler with Vito ......Wouldn't hold Carson Jones up as a reason he won't make it..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonbreath Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:58 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:You're lucky you still have yours.......without our $$$$ in WW2.........

Worst investment we ever made..

Oh I don't know you wasted a few bob on Vietnam and got your arses handed to you. thumbsup

dragonbreath

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:50 am

Kell Brook ‏@SpecialKBrook
For the record, ill fight any welterweight out there!

Laugh

As long as its in Yorkshire and your opponent isnt a top 10 ranked fighter hey Kell...

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:53 am

Noticed he tweeted Mosley earlier saying he'd beat him up. I'd love Mosley to hand him a lesson, can't see it though.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:56 am

Yeah I seen that as well. Matcroom are trying to build it up. A waste of time this fight if it happens

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:35 am

Steffan wrote:Kell Brook ‏@SpecialKBrook
For the record, ill fight any welterweight out there!

Laugh

As long as its in Yorkshire and your opponent isnt a top 10 ranked fighter hey Kell...

... And as long as those welters don't mind him coming in at light middle, because he likes a kebab on the way home from the night club and can't be arsed to run it off.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2