The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lets talk about Wales!

+58
whocares
Toadfish
Scrumdown
GunsGerms
Cyril
rainbow-warrior
wrfc1980
kiakahaaotearoa
nlpnlp
nganboy
LordDowlais
XR
The Saint
mystiroakey
Sin é
munkian
BigTrevsbigmac
bedfordwelsh
jimmyinthewell68
Liam
Casartelli
littlejohn
Luckless Pedestrian
Norfolklass
BlueNote
pioden gorllewin
nobbled
profitius
Taylorman
Dontheman
dragon4life
doddieman
sirtidychris
SecretFly
RuggerRadge2611
maestegmafia
gavstar
Hound of Harrow
bsando
Newsilure
Exiledinborders
Metal Tiger
captain carrantuohil
rodders
patersonismyhero
majesticimperialman
wales606
RubyGuby
flyhalffactory
Knowsit17
GavinDragon
Jhamer25
GloriousEmpire
DeludedOptimistorjustDave
Taffineastbourne
Biltong
Brendan
Shifty
62 posters

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Lets talk about Wales!   Empty Lets talk about Wales!

Post by Shifty Sat 06 Jul 2013, 6:08 pm

We knew Wales can win European grand slams and championships, but the monkey on the back of the players was for them to win in the Southern hemisphere. In all fairness that has now been accomplished.

So many of them have played a huge part in this series, surely now Gatland and these players can go to the next level?

15 Leigh Halfpenny
14 Alex Cuthbert
13 Jonathan Davies
12 Jamie Roberts
11 George North
9 Mike Phillips
8 Toby Faletau
7 Sam Warburton
6 Dan Lydiate
4 Alun-Wyn Jones
3 Adam Jones
2 Richard Hibbard

It's quite incredible that all of these players have now started a test game and won in Australia. While Gethin Jenkins probably would of played some role had he stayed fit.

This could be a massive shot in the arm to these players and maybe a new golden era dawn for us! Hug 
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Lets talk about Wales!   Empty Re: Lets talk about Wales!

Post by Brendan Sat 06 Jul 2013, 6:16 pm

Shifty wrote:We knew Wales can win European grand slams and championships, but the monkey on the back of the players was for them to win in the Southern hemisphere.  In all fairness that has now been accomplished.

So many of them have played a huge part in this series, surely now Gatland and these players can go to the next level?

15 Leigh Halfpenny
14 Alex Cuthbert
13 Jonathan Davies
12 Jamie Roberts
11 George North
9 Mike Phillips
8 Toby Faletau
7 Sam Warburton
6 Dan Lydiate
4 Alun-Wyn Jones
3 Adam Jones
2 Richard Hibbard

It's quite incredible that all of these players have now started a test game and won in Australia.  While Gethin Jenkins probably would of played some role had he stayed fit.  

This could be a massive shot in the arm to these players and maybe a new golden era dawn for us! Hug 

I think it was at 10 that ye lost the games in the AIs. If biggar can progress ye should do better.

One key will be fitness of the top players as 2nd choice is a step down in most positions.

Also Gats needs to let 1/2 and others do more in open play and make Wales less predicable

Brendan

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sat 06 Jul 2013, 6:32 pm

It was still the Lions, not Wales that won the series. Wink 
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Sat 06 Jul 2013, 6:35 pm

Biltong wrote:It was still the Lions, not Wales that won the series. Wink 
If we had lost I think one or two would have disagreed with you;) 

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by DeludedOptimistorjustDave Sat 06 Jul 2013, 6:36 pm

On our day!

DeludedOptimistorjustDave

Back to top Go down

Post by GloriousEmpire Sat 06 Jul 2013, 6:39 pm

I thought Farrell really got the Backline going when he came on and that SOB was the star flanker of the series.

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Sat 06 Jul 2013, 6:42 pm

GloriousEmpire wrote:I thought Farrell really got the Backline going when he came on and that SOB was the star flanker of the series.
I hope England persevere with Farrell.

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sat 06 Jul 2013, 6:47 pm

Taffineastbourne wrote:
GloriousEmpire wrote:I thought Farrell really got the Backline going when he came on and that SOB was the star flanker of the series.
I hope England persevere with Farrell.

I think all of Wales does! Whistle 
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Jhamer25 Sat 06 Jul 2013, 6:56 pm

In all fairness we did make the majority of the contribution to the team but honestly Parling, Corbs, Sean O'Brien all played major roles in todays game and would have struggled without them.
Then you have the likes of Conor Murray, Tom Youngs and Sexton who also contributed a huge amount to the game today.
All in all i hope all this petty squabbling had stopped and that we can enjoy this series win together. SO well done the lions (not just Wales).
Still gutted Gethin Jenkins didn't play a part in this tour because he like O'Connell, O'Driscoll and Adam Jones deserve it. He would have had to be on top of his game though to push out the amazing Corbisiero. Corbs has really impressed me this tour and even though Gehtin and Cian were injured deserved to wear that Loosehead Jersey

Jhamer25

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Sat 06 Jul 2013, 7:01 pm

irrespective of todays result, Wales should be aiming to push on and turn small defeats into victories. As much as I disagree with the WRU milking the cash cow that is the welsh public and adding a 4th test in the autumn it gives the welsh lads who toured (and those who are playing well next season) a chance to back up the momentum that welsh rugby has at the moment....

with no disrespect to any other NH team our aspiration has to be higher than just winning or performing well in the 6n (although I think England's development along with scotland will make next years competition more competitive again- ireland will be strong too despite being in transition)...

can we kick on? Id like to think we are starting to build a bit of strength in depth and I think as long as Gats is at the helm to make the ruthless calls in player selection Welsh rugby should continue to do well

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 06 Jul 2013, 7:01 pm

Lets not get ahead of ourselves - not wanting to be a party pooper but the Lions got better when Phillips went off (he was clapping from the side lines when Sexton went over, the turning point). What was the team towards the end? More like half welsh than 2/3 so pretty stretching it to read anything into Wales from this Lions win.

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Sat 06 Jul 2013, 7:04 pm

Griff wrote:Lets not get ahead of ourselves - not wanting to be a party pooper but the Lions got better when Phillips went off (he was clapping from the side lines when Sexton went over, the turning point). What was the team towards the end? More like half welsh than 2/3 so pretty stretching it to read anything into Wales from this Lions win.

agreed griff and 9 does seem to be a problem at the moment with few of the other 9's in Wales putting up their hands to challenge Mike....who do you see as his successor?

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Sat 06 Jul 2013, 7:09 pm

Whether Jenkins would have done as effective a job dismantling the Aussie front row as Corbs is highly questionable. Sure Jones can do it but it was both combining that really put that area to bed.

Nevertheless I feel Wales can take some encouragement and can learn a lot from this tour. At the very least the bulk of the starting XV have now seen what it takes to win down there, from a Welsh perspective the next step is to use that experience to produce legitimate wins over SH sides and not merely semi-wins together with different squads thumbsup 

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Sat 06 Jul 2013, 7:10 pm

GavinDragon wrote:
Griff wrote:Lets not get ahead of ourselves - not wanting to be a party pooper but the Lions got better when Phillips went off (he was clapping from the side lines when Sexton went over, the turning point). What was the team towards the end? More like half welsh than 2/3 so pretty stretching it to read anything into Wales from this Lions win.

agreed griff and 9 does seem to be a problem at the moment with few of the other 9's in Wales putting up their hands to challenge Mike....who do you see as his successor?
9 and 10 are an issue for Wales which is really odd as these are two positions that we have been strong during my lifetime,yet we have choices at 2nd row where we normally have one and AN Other.
We need to fast track the under20's scrummie sharpish!

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Sat 06 Jul 2013, 7:13 pm

to be fair i dont feel we need to go that far down the pecking order, IMO the form scrum half in Wales (behind a largely beaten pack for most of the season) was overlooked for the tour to Japan. Perhaps with a more competitve pack the Dragons Jonny Evans will have front foot ball to show just how good he is

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Jhamer25 Sat 06 Jul 2013, 7:13 pm

Knowsit17 wrote:Whether Jenkins would have done as effective a job dismantling the Aussie front row as Corbs is highly questionable. Sure Jones can do it but it was both combining that really put that area to bed.

Nevertheless I feel Wales can take some encouragement and can learn a lot from this tour. At the very least the bulk of the starting XV have now seen what it takes to win down there, from a Welsh perspective the next step is to use that experience to produce legitimate wins over SH sides and not merely semi-wins together with different squads thumbsup 

Completely, Corbisiero and Adam make a formidable alliance in the front row.

Jhamer25

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Sat 06 Jul 2013, 7:15 pm

and as for 10 we have 6-7 established FH's who should get regular game time next season

Priestland
Biggar/Morgan/Sam Davies
Patchell
Tovey/Steffan Jones

as well as lads abroad such as Hook and the lad who has gone to tigers whose name alludes me

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Jhamer25 Sat 06 Jul 2013, 7:19 pm

GavinDragon wrote:and as for 10 we have 6-7 established FH's who should get regular game time next season

Priestland
Biggar/Morgan/Sam Davies
Patchell
Tovey/Steffan Jones

as well as lads abroad such as Hook and the lad who has gone to tigers whose name alludes me

Owen Williams.
But Patchell is the most promising I believe

Jhamer25

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Sat 06 Jul 2013, 7:24 pm

Its good to see the strength in depth thought isnt it? And the fact that tha majority of these boys will get game time.

For me Biggar (and I have been one of his worst critics in previous years) has the right mentality and his decision making is improoving with every season....

Priestland will have a big season and want that Welsh Jersey back but his kicking and temperament when under pressure could be questioned...

Patchell....agree had a superb first season and looks a great prospect, will be interesting to see how he goes this year, will he get second season syndrome?

Tovey has to fight off steffan jones and Kris Burton but I believe back 'home' under what I hope will be a rejuvenated Dragons un Lyn and Kingsley will rediscover the form that took him to the fringes of the Welsh squad a few years back

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by flyhalffactory Sat 06 Jul 2013, 7:27 pm

As a Scot I will be very happy with Wales if they wack that side out come next 6Ns.

The only match I can safely say we (Lions) should have clearly won was todays. The first test Aussies missed 14 points, and they were the better side in the second. Clearly Corbs, SOB made a massive difference to the overall performance and whilst we had arguably almost a full strength selection (Warbs. POC apart). Australia has almost half of their squad injured. Lets not paper over the cracks it was a pish poor series and a hollow victory.

Cant wait for Rennie/Barclay, Brown, Beattie, Gray, Swinson, Denton, Grant, Murray...... Hogg, Maitland, Visser, Dunbar, Scott, Heathcote, Laidlaw, Cussie..... to name just a few...... Oh Yes Oh Yes, OOOOH YES.

To be honest one of your best players in 2012 didn't even have a sniff of a Lions spot...... Biggar.

Good side lads but don't get too excited. The England reserves has done pretty damn well in the summer and with the likes of Morgan who should have been touring IMHO is a country mile ahead of Faletau they will be quite a force

Should be an exciting 8 months
flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by Jhamer25 Sat 06 Jul 2013, 7:32 pm

Well Tovey was looking the best 10 for me 2 season ago before he had that injury that took him moths to recover from. Then he came back and wasn't really in faovur at the Blues so i hope the Dragons restore his form.
I mean players lIke Patchell, Sam Davies, Owen Williams and even Bigger are still really really young.
Priestland blows hot and cold and i'm just praying that he restores his world cup form becuase since then he has really been off form. But he has had a break so Fingers Crossed 

Overall I wouldn't say we lack good 10's in Wales, it's just they are all really young and developing. For years we relied on Stephen Jones and he was all we really needed with Ceri and Nicky Robinson to back him up but all have gone now and so we have a new generation.
We have the Talent, they just need the time, experience to develop into great 10's. Exact same situation with 9

Jhamer25

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Sat 06 Jul 2013, 7:33 pm

flyhalffactory wrote:As a Scot I will be very happy with Wales if they wack that side out come next 6Ns.

The only match I can safely say we (Lions) should have clearly won was todays. The first test Aussies missed 14 points, and they were the better side in the second. Clearly Corbs, SOB made a massive difference to the overall performance and whilst we had arguably almost a full strength selection (Warbs. POC apart). Australia has almost half of their squad injured. Lets not paper over the cracks it was a pish poor series and a hollow victory.

Cant wait for Rennie/Barclay, Brown, Beattie, Gray, Swinson, Denton, Grant, Murray...... Hogg, Maitland, Visser, Dunbar, Scott, Heathcote, Laidlaw, Cussie.....  to name just a few...... Oh Yes Oh Yes, OOOOH YES.

To be honest one of your best players in 2012 didn't even have a sniff of a Lions spot...... Biggar.

Good side lads but don't get too excited. The England reserves has done pretty damn well in the summer and with the likes of Morgan who should have been touring IMHO is a country mile ahead of Faletau they will be quite a force

Should be an exciting 8 months

It will be an epic contest between faletau and morgan that is for sure...

I think next season's 6n will be one heck of a competition,

Wales - on a high from this years championship win and many of players winning down under plus we're 3 games a thome.
France - smarting from a wooden spoon and dangerous although I still think they will decline due to their foreign stars killing their own players opportunities.
Scotland - still improving and a good performance against the boks and a new coach.
England - progressing nicely and building up a good strength in depth I think the fact they are playing Wales at home makes them my favourites.
Italy - improving every year.
Ireland - free from Kidney and excellent players will make them dangerous

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Sat 06 Jul 2013, 7:34 pm

Jhamer25 wrote:Well Tovey was looking the best 10 for me 2 season ago before he had that injury that took him moths to recover from. Then he came back and wasn't really in faovur at the Blues so i hope the Dragons restore his form.
I mean players lIke Patchell, Sam Davies, Owen Williams and even Bigger are still really really young.
Priestland blows hot and cold and i'm just praying that he restores his world cup form becuase since then he has really been off form. But he has had a break so Fingers Crossed 

Overall I wouldn't say we lack good 10's in Wales, it's just they are all really young and developing. For years we relied on Stephen Jones and he was all we really needed with Ceri and  Nicky Robinson to back him up but all have gone now and so we have a new generation.
We have the Talent, they just need the time, experience to develop into great 10's. Exact same situation with 9

agreed and I think the 'player drain' is the perfect way to give these guys the experience, it will be an interesting season!

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Sat 06 Jul 2013, 7:37 pm

Whilst Biggar has improved I do not feel he was even discussed alt Lions selection which is sad.
Patchell must get a go in the Autumn series.

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Sat 06 Jul 2013, 7:39 pm

thumbsup B&I for me today lads - will join in this tomorrow and Monday - Great performance from the NH today

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Sat 06 Jul 2013, 7:40 pm

Taffineastbourne wrote:Whilst Biggar has improved I do not feel he was even discussed alt Lions selection which is sad.

I think the coaches should start with a clean slate, whoever is on form in the lead up to the series gets the shirt, simple as that

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Jhamer25 Sat 06 Jul 2013, 7:42 pm

Taffineastbourne wrote:Whilst Biggar has improved I do not feel he was even discussed alt Lions selection which is sad.

No I don't think we should really, again he is still really young and in the world cup loads of pressure was put on Priestland and since it has cracked him I think. Patchell needs a few more seasons with the Blues and a few small games like Fiji or Tonga to give him experience. That's what has happened with Biggar and he is starting to come along nicely for us. Gatland will stick with Rhys and Biggar now for a few seasons. But Patchell is definitely one for the future.

Jhamer25

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 06 Jul 2013, 7:42 pm

Who would I have at 9? Such a toughie at the moment. I've always been a fan of a Genia type of 9. Dwane Peel in recent history played the sort of fast tempo 9 game I like. Howley before him. Rob Jones before him, etc.

I'm just not sure who's knocking on the door, and in fairness for all of his weaknesses Phillips has won us matches almost singlehandedly. The World Cup was a Phillips show with some great individual play, e.g. against Ireland. However, since he's had some injuries he's been a bit slower and at 9 that's sacrilege. 9 should be all about the quickness. I think that's why Connor Murray looks so good - he looks like Phillips did when he first came on the scene - big strong and quick. Phillips has lost the last bit and it's holding Wales back.

So, Brynmor's boy looked OK but is a bit up and down. More down than up unfortunately. I rate Jonny Evans at the Dragons but I just do not know if he'll get a chance to step up. Tavis maybe if he kicks on at Gloucester. The u20's lad looked really good. Webb at the O's? So promising to start with, but now? Ermmmm.

The problem for me (hope no one else is reading this!) is that we have some, dare I say, 'approaching world class' players in key positions (notice I say 'approaching', meaning we're not all that clearly as we still get whooped by NZ etc.) but scrum half and 10, our traditional strong positions, are now perhaps our weakest. Not sure what the answer is but for me we need to discover, expose or train someone to be a lightening quick, darting, tap'n'go maestro in the mould of Peel, Howley and R Jones and I think in a flash 'Gatlandball' will suddenly be 'Aus-v-Lions-3rd-test-second-half-ball' instead. Phillips, as has been said over and over by us and every man and his dog, is holding us back. Sorry Mike. But we need someone to put their hand up. No one's doing that so Mike gets the nod as the experienced incumbent unfortunately, and you can't blame Gatland for that lack of alternatives.

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sat 06 Jul 2013, 7:45 pm

Wales play South Africa and Australia in the autumn

The first game against South Africa will be huge for me. A win could be more significant than any recent 6Ns victory

The last time Wales played SA was at the world cup - that was the new Wales, playing "Gatlandball" for the first time really; it was a tactic designed specifically to beat South Africa in that first pool game. Wales lost by 1pt, but boy was is close.

2 years on, the inexperience WC team now have 2 titles to their name and a lot more experience - Wales missed kicks against SA and had James Hook playing at 15, this time we will have the best fullback in the game and most accurate goal kicker - things have changed a lot, but the gameplan is there to beat South Africa.

Gain momentum against SA and Aus could/should fall too. Then we look to defend our 6Ns crown (when was the last time the same team won 3 in a row?) - Twickernam will be the big game there, it's going to be close - but momentum from the Autumn could be key.

I can't wait, despite previous disappointment, I believe that Gatland really is building something, When he wants a win, he is capable of pulling something out of the bag, and 2015 could be huge. That is what everything has been about since that finally whistle against France 2 years ago.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Jhamer25 Sat 06 Jul 2013, 7:49 pm

Griff wrote:Who would I have at 9? Such a toughie at the moment. I've always been a fan of a Genia type of 9. Dwane Peel in recent history played the sort of fast tempo 9 game I like. Howley before him. Rob Jones before him, etc.

I'm just not sure who's knocking on the door, and in fairness for all of his weaknesses Phillips has won us matches almost singlehandedly. The World Cup was a Phillips show with some great individual play, e.g. against Ireland. However, since he's had some injuries he's been a bit slower and at 9 that's sacrilege. 9 should be all about the quickness. I think that's why Connor Murray looks so good - he looks like Phillips did when he first came on the scene - big strong and quick. Phillips has lost the last bit and it's holding Wales back.

So, Brynmor's boy looked OK but is a bit up and down. More down than up unfortunately. I rate Jonny Evans at the Dragons but I just do not know if he'll get a chance to step up. Tavis maybe if he kicks on at Gloucester. The u20's lad looked really good. Webb at the O's? So promising to start with, but now? Ermmmm.

The problem for me (hope no one else is reading this!) is that we have some, dare I say, 'approaching world class' players in key positions (notice I say 'approaching', meaning we're not all that clearly as we still get whooped by NZ etc.) but scrum half and 10, our traditional strong positions, are now perhaps our weakest. Not sure what the answer is but for me we need to discover, expose or train someone to be a lightening quick, darting, tap'n'go maestro in the mould of Peel, Howley and R Jones and I think in a flash 'Gatlandball' will suddenly be 'Aus-v-Lions-3rd-test-second-half-ball' instead. Phillips, as has been said over and over by us and every man and his dog, is holding us back. Sorry Mike. But we need someone to put their hand up. No one's doing that so Mike gets the nod as the experienced incumbent unfortunately, and you can't blame Gatland for that lack of alternatives.

Sad to say but I think your right about Mike, has been great for so many years but he is starting to age now. The Scarlet's have 2 young scarlets 9's that seem to suit bth yours and my type of 9. Both Aled Thomas and Gareth Davies are starting to look really good. keep any eye out for them next season. I don't think Tavis Knoyle or Rhys Webb have IT to be honest.

Jhamer25

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sat 06 Jul 2013, 7:52 pm

Griff wrote:W

At 10, we have options. If consistent, we could do a lot worse than Biggar. If Biggar doesn't work out, we can hope for Preistland to pick up form. If Preistland is poor, Patchell is the young pretender, then there are the young players who will be coming through in the next few years, like Owen Williams.

At 9 however, there is nothing. Lloyd Williams is very inconsistent as is Rhys Webb and Tavis Knoyle. Jonny Evans is playing well, but yet to be tested. There is no standout youngster anywhere. Perhaps Rhodri Williams will kick on, but there is no one showing they will be a future great. Crying or Very sad 

So it's Phillips was now, because he is the only "star" player.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Sat 06 Jul 2013, 7:55 pm

wales606 wrote:
Griff wrote:W

At 10, we have options. If consistent, we could do a lot worse than Biggar. If Biggar doesn't work out, we can hope for Preistland to pick up form. If Preistland is poor, Patchell is the young pretender, then there are the young players who will be coming through in the next few years, like Owen Williams.

At 9 however, there is nothing. Lloyd Williams is very inconsistent as is Rhys Webb and Tavis Knoyle. Jonny Evans is playing well, but yet to be tested. There is no standout youngster anywhere. Perhaps Rhodri Williams will kick on, but there is no one showing they will be a future great. Crying or Very sad 

So it's Phillips was now, because he is the only "star" player.

I wonder what it is that has caused that particular conveyor belt to stop working,as you said rob jones, rob howley, peel (cooper who also toured with the lions in 05) we used to produce good quality 9s quite regular

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 06 Jul 2013, 8:03 pm

I think it's just cycles - we used to be all about the flashy backs. Now we produce front rowers when we couldn't get a solid scrum for toffee a while back! We also just to get physically bullied but now we have some size across the park. Just odd the way it goes sometimes - at the mo 9 and 10 are the places we can't produce them.

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Sat 06 Jul 2013, 8:30 pm

I think what a lot of posters are for getting is this was not Wales v Australia. ..This was  the "LIONS" v Australia. Although Wales made up most of the team today and it was good to get a Lions win...It was the other players in the squad that made the win possible in my opinion.

I really hope that all the NH teams/players that have been on this tour come away with the belief convidence that they can win against SH team come the Ais.

I truly think that 1/2 P truly deserved man of the series. His kicking is what kept the Lions in the game in all 3 test.

Who are the players that are going to replace the like's of Adam Jones, Mike Phillips, will either of these 2 be around for or rather after 2015 rugby world cup?

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Sat 06 Jul 2013, 8:32 pm

majesticimperialman wrote:I think what a lot of posters are for getting is this was not Wales v Australia. ..This was  the "LIONS" v Australia. Although Wales made up most of the team today and it was good to get a Lions win...It was the other players in the squad that made the win possible in my opinion.

I really hope that all the NH teams/players that have been on this tour come away with the belief convidence that they can win against SH team come the Ais.

I truly think that 1/2 P truly deserved man of the series. His kicking is what kept the Lions in the game in all 3 test.

Who are the players that are going to replace the like's of Adam Jones, Mike Phillips, will either of these 2 be around for or rather after 2015 rugby world cup?

agree majestic, we're are just looking ahead but it will have done all the players no harm to be part of a victory over the aussies and hopefully all will go back to their nations and look to take on the SH sides in the autumn

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by patersonismyhero Sat 06 Jul 2013, 8:35 pm

Code:
Taffineastbourne wrote:

As I predicted, everyone tells us to get behind the LIONS then when a win comes it's all about how Wales won. Double standards.

patersonismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Sat 06 Jul 2013, 8:38 pm

patersonismyhero wrote:
Taffineastbourne wrote:

As I predicted, everyone tells us to get behind the LIONS then when a win comes it's all about how Wales won. Double standards.

No one has said that Wales won? It was a LIONS victory. This thread is about going forward and what effect psychologically it will have on its welsh participants. No doubt one could be created for the other home nations players as well...

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Sat 06 Jul 2013, 8:39 pm

patersonismyhero wrote:
Taffineastbourne wrote:

What are you on about now?
Leave it go.It is over.We won.

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sat 06 Jul 2013, 9:08 pm

majesticimperialman wrote:

Both should make 2015.

We suddenly have a lot of people wanting Adam's shirt - Scott Andrews has been fantastic this season, Craig 'suspended sentance' Mitchell is a very strong scrummager, Samson Lee has been immense at U20 level and is one of the most powerful THPs coming through, and not forgetting Aaron Jarvis who already has a few caps to his name and Adam Jones' protegé Joe Rees, who Adam rates highly.

Scrum half is more of a problem, but it's not like Phillips is vital to Wales at the moment, and a lot chances in 2 years.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Sat 06 Jul 2013, 9:17 pm

wales606 wrote:

Both should make 2015.

We suddenly have a lot of people wanting Adam's shirt - Scott Andrews has been fantastic this season, Craig 'suspended sentance' Mitchell is a very strong scrummager, Samson Lee has been immense at U20 level and is one of the most powerful THPs coming through, and not forgetting Aaron Jarvis who already has a few caps to his name and Adam Jones' protegé Joe Rees, who Adam rates highly.

Scrum half is more of a problem, but it's not like Phillips is vital to Wales at the moment, and a lot chances in 2 years.

both of these are at the ospreys behind big Adam. Id loved to see one of them loaned out to us at the Dragons for the season...heck you could even have the ospreys insistn on a call back clause so they could have them back at 48 hours notice, win win dragons get a good quality TH, opsreys get their youngster getting game time while keeping the rights to him

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Sat 06 Jul 2013, 9:52 pm

Wales are a top fly half away from being the best side in the world imo, they have an outstanding group of players just now, many of whom are still getting better.

For me they are serious contenders for the 2015 RWC.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sat 06 Jul 2013, 9:54 pm

rodders wrote:Wales are a top fly half away from being the best side in the world imo, they have an outstanding group of players just now, many of whom are still getting better.

Bit far Rodders

Wales still need a bit of strengthening in certain positions and as certainly capable of winning a World Cup (joint 4th favourite at the moment), but NZ are still the best side in the world.

Wales should be aiming to be no2 when the WC comes knocking in 2015 - that would be an achievement...then they look to knock over NZ in the final Very Happy 
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Sat 06 Jul 2013, 9:56 pm

rodders wrote:Wales are a top fly half away from being the best side in the world imo, they have an outstanding group of players just now, many of whom are still getting better.

I wouldnt go that far Rodders Id say we are a top fly half away from being consistently able to compete and beat the top teams, until we do that we cant claim to be the best.....but you know on our day Wink 

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Sat 06 Jul 2013, 10:00 pm

We are on the pathway towards 2015 but are a work in progress.England are progressing too and have loads more resources.Hey ho!We chug on and see how we go.

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Sat 06 Jul 2013, 10:04 pm

Yees of little faith lads!
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by captain carrantuohil Sat 06 Jul 2013, 10:07 pm

Wales seem to have plenty of cover in most positions, barring 9 10 and, I think, lock. From memory, the line-out has been the bane of Wales's existence for a year or two - sort that out and you'll give anyone problems, I reckon.

captain carrantuohil

Back to top Go down

Post by Metal Tiger Sat 06 Jul 2013, 10:08 pm

Wales is nice. Been on holiday there a few times. Rains a lot.
Metal Tiger
Metal Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Sat 06 Jul 2013, 10:11 pm

Metal Tiger wrote:Wales is nice. Been on holiday there a few times. Rains a lot.

Rain! Compared to Ireland its like the Sahara!
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Sat 06 Jul 2013, 10:14 pm

thumbsup Its raining supreme at the moment

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Jhamer25 Sat 06 Jul 2013, 10:15 pm

GavinDragon wrote:
wales606 wrote:

Both should make 2015.

both of these are at the ospreys behind big Adam. Id loved to see one of them loaned out to us at the Dragons for the season...heck you could even have the ospreys insistn on a call back clause so they could have them back at 48 hours notice, win win dragons get a good quality TH, opsreys get their youngster getting game time while keeping the rights to him

I just want Adam to live and play for us forever, I think Mike's time isn't far away though. Yes I am glad we got so much talent coming through bet when the likes of Adam, Gethin, Mike and Ryan (and I think it will be about the same time) ther will be a dark cloud over Wales.
Adam and Gethin though have expressed their desires to carry on until the 2015 World Cup.
I just want Adam to keep going until young Samson Lee comes of age, if you haven't seen him yet I can honestly say he is the best tight head prop at scrummaging I have EVER seen at his age (20).

Jhamer25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next