The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lions Countries Performances in the Last Cycle

+12
HammerofThunor
Brendan
lostinwales
Portnoy's Complaint
SecretFly
Taffineastbourne
Biltong
RDW
Taylorman
Hound of Harrow
BigTrevsbigmac
LondonTiger
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Lions Countries Performances in the Last Cycle Empty Lions Countries Performances in the Last Cycle

Post by LondonTiger Mon 08 Jul 2013, 8:00 am

You can tell when I have data processing and downtime at work as I tend to do pointless analysis. Make of this what you will.

Performance vs Other B&I Countries:

England - P16 W10 D1 L5
Ireland - P15 W6 L9
Scotland - P14 W3 D1 L10
Wales - P15 W10 L5

England and Wales had 3 wins apiece in 6 matches.
Scotland have only beaten Ireland in this period.
Ireland have a losing record (more losses than wins) against all 3 opponents.

Performance against SANZAR countries

England - P13 W3 D1 L9
Ireland - P11 W2 D1 L8
Scotland - P7 W3 L4
Wales - P17 L17

I reckon we need to see a vast improvement in those stats if the B&I Lions are to have any chance in 2017.

It will be interesting to see what the next 4 year cycle brings.

Last edited by LondonTiger on Mon 08 Jul 2013, 8:45 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Faulty arithmetic)

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Lions Countries Performances in the Last Cycle Empty Re: Lions Countries Performances in the Last Cycle

Post by BigTrevsbigmac Mon 08 Jul 2013, 8:17 am

Wales have nowhere to go but up - how long have we been saying that?

England I expect an improvement with the youngsters only getting better

Scotland & Ireland will be a lottery.

LT Scotland/Sanzar figures can`t be right.

BigTrevsbigmac

Back to top Go down

Lions Countries Performances in the Last Cycle Empty Re: Lions Countries Performances in the Last Cycle

Post by Hound of Harrow Mon 08 Jul 2013, 8:22 am

Trev - Scotland have beaten Aus home and away + I'm sure they beat SA too.

Hound of Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Mon 08 Jul 2013, 8:22 am

LondonTiger wrote:

Performance against SANZAR countries

England - P13 W3 D1 L9
Ireland - P11 W2 D1 L8
Scotland - P7 W3 L5
Wales - P17 L17

NZ- 1L/8...Run 

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by BigTrevsbigmac Mon 08 Jul 2013, 8:27 am

Hound of Harrow wrote:Trev - Scotland have beaten Aus home and away + I'm sure they beat SA too.

Yes Hound but played 7 - won 3 lost 5 doesn`t add up.

BigTrevsbigmac

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Mon 08 Jul 2013, 8:44 am

BigTrevsbigmac wrote:
Hound of Harrow wrote:Trev - Scotland have beaten Aus home and away + I'm sure they beat SA too.

Yes Hound but played 7 - won 3 lost 5  doesn`t add up.

True blame my senility

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound of Harrow Mon 08 Jul 2013, 8:56 am

BigTrevsbigmac wrote:

Yes Hound but played 7 - won 3 lost 5  doesn`t add up.

OK

Hound of Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 08 Jul 2013, 9:05 am

Pretty such sums up the enigma that is Scottish rugby – better win record against the SANZAR teams than the 6N teams!

You need to change the stat – Wales played 18, lost 17, won 1 Wink 

Run

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 08 Jul 2013, 9:09 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:Pretty such sums up the enigma that is Scottish rugby – better win record against the SANZAR teams than the 6N teams!

Run
I think they will take that. Wink 
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 08 Jul 2013, 9:11 am

Back on topic - have the 6N teams ever really been that good against the SANZAR nations? England probably did OK between 2001 and 2005 but we all know how the 2005 tour panned out...

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Mon 08 Jul 2013, 9:11 am

Don't think they will!

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 08 Jul 2013, 10:45 am

Two of those sides has coaches now settled in. (One so settled in, he's already taking his holidays with a pride of Lions.... and other stragglers )

The other two are now in heavy transition mode.  Scotland has a new coach who won't be showing up for a full year!  Ireland have a new coach that has to try and drag them out of their lowest slump since professionalism began.  Both these coaches are NZers, and therefore Gatland will be joined on the 6N circuit by fellow countrymen.  That's a competitive bear pit that'll have a new vibe for him.

The next year is certainly going to be interesting.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy's Complaint Mon 08 Jul 2013, 1:30 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:Pretty such sums up the enigma that is Scottish rugby – better win record against the SANZAR teams than the 6N teams!

Run

Scotland should create a new version of rugby like sevens. Subaqua rugby is a strength that should reap initial dividends.

Continual hoses from the roof and wind machines from the touch-lines should be compulsory IMcHO.

Portnoy's Complaint

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Mon 08 Jul 2013, 1:50 pm

There is already an underwater rugby. I couldnt find a reference but I believe the current world champions are Swedish

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Brendan Mon 08 Jul 2013, 1:56 pm

If memory serves me right Ireland lost all three warm up games for the World Cup. In the 6N ee must be about 50%. Still not good enough.

I think this 6N ireland will win their three home games so that will be a good start for the cycle. Think they will also pick up 2 wins between the AIs and tour of Aus.

Brendan

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy's Complaint Mon 08 Jul 2013, 2:04 pm

lostinwales wrote:There is already an underwater rugby. I couldnt find a reference but I believe the current world champions are Swedish

Could possibly be more interesting than sevens though liW.

I'd love to see how refs interpret the breakdown, the scrum and the lineouts.

Don't let the USA in though as it'd be a foregone conclusion how subaqual passes would end up.

Portnoy's Complaint

Back to top Go down

Post by Brendan Mon 08 Jul 2013, 2:16 pm

It would be interesting to compare this cycle to the previous one. Would say Ire and Eng have swaped places with Wales improving alittle.

Brendan

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 08 Jul 2013, 2:35 pm

Portnoy's Complaint wrote:
lostinwales wrote:There is already an underwater rugby. I couldnt find a reference but I believe the current world champions are Swedish

Could possibly be more interesting than sevens though liW.

I'd love to see how refs interpret the breakdown, the scrum and the lineouts.

Don't let the USA in though as it'd be a foregone conclusion how subaqual passes would end up.

There was a computer game called Final Fantasy X that had in it a mini-game called Blitzball - basically underwater, full contact handball! Kind of similar to underwater rugby....ish

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Mon 08 Jul 2013, 2:41 pm

Go Aurochs!!

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 08 Jul 2013, 2:49 pm

HammerofThunor wrote:Go Aurochs!!

Very Happy 

Made my day that someone knows what I'm talking about!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Mon 08 Jul 2013, 2:56 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:
HammerofThunor wrote:Go Aurochs!!

Very Happy 

Made my day that someone knows what I'm talking about!

I did debate with myself whether to admit to it Smile

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 08 Jul 2013, 3:02 pm

Nothing to be ashamed of - my favourite ever game!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy's Complaint Mon 08 Jul 2013, 3:02 pm

I have to admit that I had to google auroch.

I hadn't realised that any species referred to on this post was totally extinct.

Nonetheless some are critically endangered though.

Portnoy's Complaint

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Mon 08 Jul 2013, 4:39 pm

I think conservation efforts got a boost recently.

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Mon 08 Jul 2013, 4:47 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:Nothing to be ashamed of - my favourite ever game!

I always wonder what happened to that little guy in the room, when after the success of the Original Final Fantasy the planned the sequel, said "You can't have a final Fantasy 2, final means the last". Now we are up to what final Fantasy XV?

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Mon 08 Jul 2013, 4:51 pm

LondonTiger wrote:

I always wonder what happened to that little guy in the room, when after the success of the Original Final Fantasy the planned the sequel, said "You can't have a final Fantasy 2, final means the last". Now we are up to what final Fantasy XV?

I think he ended up a Sega Shocked

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 08 Jul 2013, 4:53 pm

LondonTiger wrote:

Not sure - gave up after X-2 where they tried (badly) to appeal to the female games market by focussing on the female characters and made them do ‘dress’ changes and learn different ‘dances’ to do different things!

We’ve really gone off topic here…

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 09 Jul 2013, 10:30 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:
LondonTiger wrote:

Not sure - gave up after X-2 where they tried (badly) to appeal to the female games market by focussing on the female characters and made them do ‘dress’ changes and learn different ‘dances’ to do different things

Ain't nobody got time for that.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Tue 09 Jul 2013, 12:14 pm

SecretFly wrote:
RDW_Scotland wrote:
LondonTiger wrote:

Not sure - gave up after X-2 where they tried (badly) to appeal to the female games market by focussing on the female characters and made them do ‘dress’ changes and learn different ‘dances’ to do different things

Ain't nobody got time for that.
That was my favourite one.Yahoo 

I do remember when I was kid I knocked up about 90 hours on FF8. Then we were broken into a few days before Christmas. They nicked the play station with the 3rd disk and memory card Shocked 

Got the game through for insurance but they sent FF7 instead. I thought "great" but it was missing the 1st disk. The bar stewards. Never trusted insurance companies since.

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Tue 09 Jul 2013, 12:16 pm

FFVII is still my fave.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Tue 09 Jul 2013, 12:48 pm

FF x and X-2 are out again soon on PS3 and Vita in HD! Just imagine the pervy teens pleasure when they can watch Rikku getting changed in HD.

Really miffed that 7 never got the remake it deserved, I played Crisis Core, the 7 prequel a short while back and it ended right where 7 started but in updated graphics, but nothing game of it.

PS why are any of you suprised that we are sad nerds who play rpg games, after all we spend a hell of a lot of time typing our thoughts about rugby on an aonline forum, let's face it cool peole don't do that censored 
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 09 Jul 2013, 12:56 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote: after all we spend a hell of a lot of time typing our thoughts about rugby on an aonline forum, let's face it cool peole don't do that censored 

Good point Spidey - my GF keeps threatening to dump me over the amount of time I spend on here - she think's it's full of pervy old men trying to arrange to meet up with me! Not far from the truth.....!Erm  

So on the topic of being geeky....did anyone manage to breed a golden chokobo in FF7?? My brother finally managed it when we were younger - was literally the best ever day in our young lives!

Again massive apologies that we have gone so far off topic...

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Tue 09 Jul 2013, 1:07 pm

Shocked Whistle Run

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by whocares Tue 09 Jul 2013, 1:13 pm

Golden chokobo has for a very long time been synonym of endless frustration. Thanks for bringing those bad memories Wink

whocares

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Tue 09 Jul 2013, 1:32 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:
ScarletSpiderman wrote: after all we spend a hell of a lot of time typing our thoughts about rugby on an aonline forum, let's face it cool peole don't do that censored 

Good point Spidey - my GF keeps threatening to dump me over the amount of time I spend on here - she think's it's full of pervy old men trying to arrange to meet up with me! Not far from the truth.....!Erm  

So on the topic of being geeky....did anyone manage to breed a golden chokobo in FF7?? My brother finally managed it when we were younger - was literally the best ever day in our young lives!

Again massive apologies that we have gone so far off topic...
Yeah. Me and my mate played it in the summer after GCSE. Managed to breed the golden chocobo AND kill both Emerald and Ruby Weapons. We were very satisfied with ourselves. Also got into cricket that summer, strangely by playing Brian Lara cricket (or whatever it was called).

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Tue 09 Jul 2013, 1:34 pm

Gold chocobos is a Black rank S and a Green/Red rank S with a Zeio nut or something.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 09 Jul 2013, 1:37 pm

Is there any way of getting this back onto rugby or should we just admit defeat and carry on with gamer speak?

Final Fantasy character rugby XV?? That would be impressive (and very geeky) FF knowledge!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Tue 09 Jul 2013, 1:40 pm

Never managed to beat Emerald or Ruby. I recently (drunkenly) bought FF1-9 on the PS Store on my Vita, and have been slowly working my way through them, so fingers crossed with age and wisdom on my side I should be able to sneak a victory over at least Emerald now.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Tue 09 Jul 2013, 1:40 pm

Barret as a prop? And maybe Cait Sith?

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 09 Jul 2013, 1:42 pm

Emerald weapon at number 8...

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Tue 09 Jul 2013, 1:43 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:Never managed to beat Emerald or Ruby.  I recently (drunkenly) bought FF1-9 on the PS Store on my Vita, and have been slowly working my way through them, so fingers crossed with age and wisdom on my side I should be able to sneak a victory over at least Emerald now.

It took us ages just to kill him. 1000000 HP or something like That. emerald was actually easier than Ruby as he countered with Ultima every time you use Knights of the Round. It was a case of spamming it and hoping you didn't die. The 'skill' was buffing to a point you could do it.

Vincent is probably my favourite character as well.

I thought 9 was good as well.

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 09 Jul 2013, 1:54 pm

I take it HammerofThunor is also a geeky computer game reference?Headscratch 

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Tue 09 Jul 2013, 1:55 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:I take it HammerofThunor is also a geeky computer game reference?Headscratch 

No. I was Mjolnir but changed it to current version when asked what it was several times. Thunor is just the Anglo-Saxon version of Thor.

Edit: I was reading some Norse mythology when signed up for original 606

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Tue 09 Jul 2013, 2:30 pm

HammerofThunor wrote:
RDW_Scotland wrote:I take it HammerofThunor is also a geeky computer game reference?Headscratch 

No. I was Mjolnir but changed it to current version when asked what it was several times. Thunor is just the Anglo-Saxon version of Thor.

Come on you've admitted to being a ff player, it only takes one more step to admit being into comics too. Although who the hell would admit that Whistle 
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Tue 09 Jul 2013, 2:34 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:
HammerofThunor wrote:

Come on you've admitted to being a ff player, it only takes one more step to admit being into comics too.  Although who the hell would admit that Whistle 

I like them but don't own any myself. A mate a uni had a load soI read some of his. Preacher was the one I read most of.

Never seen any of the Thor\Avenger ones. And the Thor film was Poopie

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Tue 09 Jul 2013, 2:42 pm

HammerofThunor wrote:Never seen any of the Thor\Avenger ones. And the Thor film was Poopie

My eldest daughter enjoyed it. Am hoping it was not an adolescent crush on the main character.

PS Should have stayed with Mjolnir - one of the great weapons of mythology and pleasantly obscure.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Tue 09 Jul 2013, 2:43 pm

LondonTiger wrote:
HammerofThunor wrote:Never seen any of the Thor\Avenger ones. And the Thor film was Poopie

My eldest daughter enjoyed it. Am hoping it was not an adolescent crush on the main character.

PS Should have stayed with Mjolnir - one of the great weapons of mythology and pleasantly obscure.

Mind you the new name now abbreviates to HoT - which may be desirable?

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 09 Jul 2013, 3:02 pm

Now I really do draw the line at comic books...

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Tue 09 Jul 2013, 3:03 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:Now I really do draw the line at comic books...
Ah, but call them graphic novels and you're ok.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 09 Jul 2013, 3:04 pm

I thought 'graphic' novels was the likes of 50 shades of grey? Very Happy 

kiss

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next