The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ultimate Warrior promo for new WWE game

+13
Shot 21 LCFC
MidnightToker
dyrewolfe
theundisputedY2D2
Hulking_up
Kay Fabe
Kid Vicious
MetalMotty
Dolphin Ziggler
Bluebird_ccfc
Samo
Adam D
Hero
17 posters

Go down

Ultimate Warrior promo for new WWE game Empty Ultimate Warrior promo for new WWE game

Post by Hero Mon 15 Jul 2013, 6:12 pm

Adam may just make a little sexwee in his pants at this...

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Ultimate Warrior promo for new WWE game Empty Re: Ultimate Warrior promo for new WWE game

Post by Adam D Mon 15 Jul 2013, 6:32 pm

I will never blink again in fear that my eyelids erase the awesomeness that I have just seen.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Ultimate Warrior promo for new WWE game Empty Re: Ultimate Warrior promo for new WWE game

Post by Samo Mon 15 Jul 2013, 6:42 pm

Does this imply that following up the Attitude Era mode will be a "Legends" mode? Focusing on the major events of the 80's?

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebird_ccfc Mon 15 Jul 2013, 8:59 pm

Shouldn't he be running around the place rather than walking?
Bluebird_ccfc
Bluebird_ccfc

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 15 Jul 2013, 9:21 pm

I wonder whether he can still run

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Jul 2013, 9:23 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:I wonder whether he can still run his mouth

Yes Chris.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Jul 2013, 10:27 pm

Although to be fair he comes across well here:

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/275265-video-ultimate-warrior-speaks-on-appearing-on-wwe-2k14-his-relationship-with-vincewwe-a-more

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalMotty Mon 15 Jul 2013, 10:48 pm

That's awesome, might just pre order it now :-)

MetalMotty

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid Vicious Tue 16 Jul 2013, 9:16 am

A. Maze. Ing.
Warrior is "The Happs"

The thing with the Warrior, is he comes across well most of the time. He's got a real bad reputation, and a lot of negative stories have been shared over the years. I'm not going to argue the man is a saint and that none of them are true, but I do take with a pinch of salt any anti-Warrior propaganda spewed from someone either on, or who's has an interest in, the WWE pay role.

Warrior created his legacy, made his money and walked. And they've been hating on him for 20 years for doing it.

Kid Vicious

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 16 Jul 2013, 2:16 pm

Thats the best thing the WWE have produced since I staryed watching again in 2007

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Hulking_up Tue 16 Jul 2013, 2:56 pm

Game graphics are shockingly bad.

Hulking_up

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Wed 17 Jul 2013, 12:42 pm

YES! YES! YES! Yahoo 

Can't wait to buy this just so I can play as WORYAH! and beat Triple H in 98 seconds after no selling a Pedigree.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Wed 17 Jul 2013, 1:29 pm

theundisputedY2D2 wrote:
YES! YES! YES! Yahoo 

Can't wait to buy this just so I can play as WORYAH! and beat Triple H in 98 seconds after no selling a Pedigree.

But aren't wrestling games fixed, just like the real thing, with a computerised Vince McMahon pre-ordaining the outcome of the matches and the player just acting out their chosen character's role?

Surely that's how it SHOULD be if they want to truly replicate pro-wrestling?

Laugh  raspberry  Run

Last edited by dyrewolfe on Wed 17 Jul 2013, 1:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Wed 17 Jul 2013, 1:30 pm

Adam D wrote:I will never blink again in fear that my eyelids erase the awesomeness that I have just seen.

Or you could just save the video to your computer. Wink
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by MidnightToker Wed 17 Jul 2013, 7:36 pm

This is the kinda thing that could get me back into gaming!

Warrior is a funking legend!

MidnightToker

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 17 Jul 2013, 9:31 pm

Wrestling fans are abuzz this week with news that the elusive Ultimate Warrior will be a playable character in the upcoming WWE 2K14 video game, complete with a realistic arsenal of three maneuvers.

An advertisement featuring the Ultimate Warrior — showing off his signature trifecta of clothesline, splash and press slam — went viral yesterday, leaving gamers and wrestling fans yearning to control the muscular, nonsensical lunatic.

“I can’t wait to play as the Ultimate Warrior,” wrote one fan on a Reddit thread devoted to the game. “I hate having to memorize large movesets.”

According to the studio behind the game, Yuke’s, players will need only to randomly mash buttons on their controllers in order to perform the Warrior’s rudimentary offence.

In addition, pressing the R1 trigger button will cause the Warrior to sprint to the ring, and R2 will make him gasp for breath afterward.

Holding down either of the left triggers will cause the Warrior to growl a completely incoherent, and occasionally racist, diatribe.

According to the Warrior himself, the game will be released “when the astral plane converges upon the cosmic calamity foretold by the ancient scribes.”

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalMotty Fri 19 Jul 2013, 10:38 am

Lol thats funny Hero
You missed out that L triggers together no sells any move :-) especially a pedigree.

To be fair im hoping that it's a prelude to either a proper warrior DVD or Hof eventually

MetalMotty

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Fri 19 Jul 2013, 11:29 am

I noticed Vince McMahon put on Twitter "Welcome back to the WWE Warrior" or somehting along those lines...

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid Vicious Fri 19 Jul 2013, 11:46 am

Shot 21 LCFC wrote:I noticed Vince McMahon put on Twitter "Welcome back to the WWE Warrior" or somehting along those lines...

I like this. Warrior, even at the nastiest between him and Vince, has always maintained they clash because they're so alike. They're both business men, and there's more money to be made for both parties when they're on the same page than when they're at loggerheads. As Metal said, I'm hoping for a proper Warrior DVD. The SDotUW was awful. "5 matches?! You could only find 5 matches?!!"

Kid Vicious

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 19 Jul 2013, 3:55 pm

Warrior rejected the chance to headline The Hall of Fame the year DiBiase went in

You dont ever really know whats happened but for me ive always considered Warrior as a decent guy simply because he wouldn't sell his soul to Vince McMahon in order to make a quick buck, the WWE have subtley and not so subtley in the past tried to discredit him simply because he wasn't a slave for their coin.

Despite suggestions that he's wired to the moon and full of his own self importance this guy got in, got huge, made his money and got out, he's an intelligent guy who invested wisely and he doesn't feel the need to lady of loose morals himself out to the highest bidder to stay relevant.

No doubt he had his flaws and would have been in the wrong himself on a number of occassions but on the whole I think despite what the McMahon-ites try to peddle, The Ultimate Warrior's integrity has shone through.

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Tue 23 Jul 2013, 11:50 am

Shot 21 LCFC wrote:I noticed Vince McMahon put on Twitter "Welcome back to the WWE Warrior" or somehting along those lines...

I see Warrior hsa now retweeted...

Interesting that Warrior mentioned in a recent interview that they (Vince and him) are no longer fighting and that'd he can say no more about the future.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid Vicious Tue 23 Jul 2013, 12:06 pm

Kay Fabe wrote:Warrior rejected the chance to headline The Hall of Fame the year DiBiase went in

You dont ever really know whats happened but for me ive always considered Warrior as a decent guy simply because he wouldn't sell his soul to Vince McMahon in order to make a quick buck, the WWE have subtley and not so subtley in the past tried to discredit him simply because he wasn't a slave for their coin.

Despite suggestions that he's wired to the moon and full of his own self importance this guy got in, got huge, made his money and got out, he's an intelligent guy who invested wisely and he doesn't feel the need to lady of loose morals himself out to the highest bidder to stay relevant.

No doubt he had his flaws and would have been in the wrong himself on a number of occassions but on the whole I think despite what the McMahon-ites try to peddle, The Ultimate  Warrior's integrity has shone through.

clap 

Kid Vicious

Back to top Go down

Post by BD21 Tue 23 Jul 2013, 3:12 pm

Spot in the Rumble and finally accepting a spot in the HoF for 2014?

BD21

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Tue 23 Jul 2013, 3:19 pm

If the Warrior’s music hit during the Rumble I would. I don’t actually know what id do. Probably have a heart attack. Then die.

It might not be beyond the realms of possibility though. Warrior has responded to Vince’s ‘olive branch’ on Twitter and has basically accepted Vince’s invitation.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 23 Jul 2013, 4:00 pm

I'd love to see Warrior charge down the ramp again, apart from his now short white hair his appearance looks amazing, the best theme music in history in my opinion, if he did decide to make himself available for McMahon I think it'll be on his terms.

Maybe McMahon is looking for a nostalgia fest for WrestleMania 30 and having Warrior and Hogan do something...for me thats still the biggest ever Wrestling match in my life time

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Tue 23 Jul 2013, 4:06 pm

30 is going to be absolutely huge I reckon KF. I think Vince & HHH are going to pull out all the stops. Hogan, Warrior, Hart, Michaels, Austin, Flair, Sting, Goldberg, Batista, Edge. I honestly wouldn’t be surprised to see any of these guys in New Orleans in some capacity. It’s going to be a huge celebration and every pro-wrestler past or present will want to be part of it. I agree it will be a nostalgia fest but a proper nostalgia fest with legitimate marquee names.

I’m going on record right now and will say this –

Kurt Angle will wrestle at Wrestlemania 30.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid Vicious Tue 23 Jul 2013, 5:07 pm

Oh God, if Warrior's music hit at the Rumble... we'd all bear witness to possibly the biggest pop in the history of pro wrestling.

Kid Vicious

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Tue 23 Jul 2013, 5:24 pm

If it happens I want one of the commentators to say "Wait a minute, thats Warriors music!!!"

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebird_ccfc Tue 23 Jul 2013, 6:28 pm

Shot 21 LCFC wrote:If it happens I want one of the commentators to say "Wait a minute, thats Warriors music!!!"

And by the time they say that he would've been in the ring and eliminated two people already! thumbsup 
Bluebird_ccfc
Bluebird_ccfc

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid Vicious Wed 24 Jul 2013, 9:17 am

OK, here's where I'd go with it. Warrior's music hits. I doubt he'll do too much running, but eventually he arrives in the ring and dumps out any lower-mid card heel (as much as Warrior is and always will be #1, there's no point in wasting old talent to bury new). Warrior, relatively quickly (but not Godfather quickly) gets dumped out by... HHH.

In the run up to Wrestlemania, HHH cuts promo's as to how he had to job out to Warrior. How it's burnt inside of him for 18 years. And that now he want's a rematch.

Warrior accepts; to the Wrestlemania 30 chopper! At 55 we all know Warrior does not have the engine for a 15 minute match anymore, so basically I'd want to see an exact repeat of the Wrestlemania 12 match. Pedigree, no sell, big splash. 1. 2. 3.

HHH would NEVER agree to it.
Sad

Kid Vicious

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 24 Jul 2013, 9:21 am

Kid Vicious wrote:OK, here's where I'd go with it. Warrior's music hits. I doubt he'll do too much running, but eventually he arrives in the ring and dumps out any lower-mid card heel (as much as Warrior is and always will be #1, there's no point in wasting old talent to bury new). Warrior, relatively quickly (but not Godfather quickly) gets dumped out by... HHH.

In the run up to Wrestlemania, HHH cuts promo's as to how he had to job out to Warrior. How it's burnt inside of him for 18 years. And that now he want's a rematch.

Warrior accepts; to the Wrestlemania 30 chopper! At 55 we all know Warrior does not have the engine for a 15 minute match anymore, so basically I'd want to see an exact repeat of the Wrestlemania 12 match. Pedigree, no sell, big splash. 1. 2. 3.

Sad

I disagree. I reckon even HHH would want to see that match.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid Vicious Wed 24 Jul 2013, 9:27 am

Agree to another job for The Warrior?

Kid Vicious

Back to top Go down

Post by poc.sco Wed 24 Jul 2013, 9:58 am

Kid Vicious wrote:OK, here's where I'd go with it. Warrior's music hits. I doubt he'll do too much running, but eventually he arrives in the ring and dumps out any lower-mid card heel (as much as Warrior is and always will be #1, there's no point in wasting old talent to bury new). Warrior, relatively quickly (but not Godfather quickly) gets dumped out by... HHH.

Sad

Mania preceeded by a promo about the mcmahon/ levesque family in a plane with the warrior and crashing it into a mountain? no?........ craziest promo ever by Warrior!

poc.sco

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Wed 24 Jul 2013, 10:07 am

Warrior jobs to nobody!

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalMotty Mon 29 Jul 2013, 11:00 am

Sad

With all the speculation that it will be Mcmahon v HHH could it be a team v team at mania where you have past and present wrestlers chosen by each so Warrior could be on mcmahons team with likes of Austin, Rock etc maybe some younger talent that can do alot of the match. eg ziggler, the miz

Could see HHH going for that match rather than him being squashed by Warrior again. Athough i would love to see it again Very Happy 

MetalMotty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down