The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Returning Posters from enforced or self imposed exile.

+15
GloriousEmpire
t1000advancedprototype
R!skysports
The Saint
Breadvan
LordDowlais
Scrumpy
Rugby Fan
Cyril
aucklandlaurie
DeludedOptimistorjustDave
ScarletSpiderman
mystiroakey
tigerleghorn
Biltong
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Returning Posters from enforced or self imposed exile. Empty Returning Posters from enforced or self imposed exile.

Post by Biltong Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:27 pm

Guys, the administration of this establishment has made an assessment on returning posters. As a general rule they come back as someone else and before long the accusations start flying around about their previous Pseudonyms.

In most cases these accusations continue across various threads and often derail good threads. Over the past few weeks a number of threads have been locked due to the unpleasantness created and in order for this to come to an end we have decided that returning posters will be accommodated in the following manner.

1. If you return you come back under your original Pseudonym and not an alternative, you face the posters as who you were and deal with the issue at hand.

2. Any grievances between returning posters and existing posters must be discussed in this thread, no more accusations or personal insults in other topic specific threads.

3. The same rules apply for returning posters as for any other posters, you will follow the same rules as everyone else, and if not, you face the same consequences for breaking house rules as anyone else would.

4. If a poster is baiting you (either returning or existing poster) report it through the correct channels, via the report buttom, pm on on here. But do not retaliate or you will be likely to be dealt with too.

5. Before anyone starts complaining about previously banned  (or deemed previously banned) posters, this is a decision made by the establishment in order to give posters a second chance, how they use that second chance is entirely up to them.

Thank you.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Returning Posters from enforced or self imposed exile. Empty Re: Returning Posters from enforced or self imposed exile.

Post by Guest Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:13 pm

Don't you think this has been the issue though. This second chance thing is fine and I don't disagree with that, but if you guys had adopted this stance sooner, it would save people like myself trying to point posters out.

When are poster's names being changed then?

Back to top Go down

Returning Posters from enforced or self imposed exile. Empty Re: Returning Posters from enforced or self imposed exile.

Post by tigerleghorn Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:56 pm

Biltong wrote:Guys, the administration of this establishment has made an assessment on returning posters. As a general rule they come back as someone else and before long the accusations start flying around about their previous Pseudonyms.

In most cases these accusations continue across various threads and often derail good threads. Over the past few weeks a number of threads have been locked due to the unpleasantness created and in order for this to come to an end we have decided that returning posters will be accommodated in the following manner.

1. If you return you come back under your original Pseudonym and not an alternative, you face the posters as who you were and deal with the issue at hand.

2. Any grievances between returning posters and existing posters must be discussed in this thread, no more accusations or personal insults in other topic specific threads.

3. The same rules apply for returning posters as for any other posters, you will follow the same rules as everyone else, and if not, you face the same consequences for breaking house rules as anyone else would.

4. If a poster is baiting you (either returning or existing poster) report it through the correct channels, via the report buttom, pm on on here. But do not retaliate or you will be likely to be dealt with too.

5. Before anyone starts complaining about previously banned  (or deemed previously banned) posters, this is a decision made by the establishment in order to give posters a second chance, how they use that second chance is entirely up to them.

Thank you.

Are the rules on original Pseudonym to be enforced retrospectively? Will existing returnees be expected to identify themselves or will they be "outed" by the administration?

tigerleghorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:59 pm

They will go back to their original pseudonym yes. From what I understand most can be identified by the IP addresses, although I am technically challenged in that area.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by tigerleghorn Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:04 pm

Biltong wrote:They will go back to their original pseudonym yes. From what I understand most can be identified by the IP addresses, although I am technically challenged in that area.

Thank's for the clarification Biltong.

tigerleghorn

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:37 pm

IF this gets GG out of the closet then I will donate a tenner to a charity of the forums choice!!

I just can't see him playing ball!!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:02 pm

I'll start apoll to see which charity we will prefer. Wink 
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:37 pm

Risca Rev wrote:Don't you think this has been the issue though. This second chance thing is fine and I don't disagree with that, but if you guys had adopted this stance sooner, it would save people like myself trying to point posters out.

To be fair some posters have returned under most peoples radar until the recent pitchforks and flaming torches approach.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:24 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:
Risca Rev wrote:Don't you think this has been the issue though. This second chance thing is fine and I don't disagree with that, but if you guys had adopted this stance sooner, it would save people like myself trying to point posters out.

To be fair some posters have returned under most peoples radar until the recent pitchforks and flaming torches approach.

It's a two way street though. I've tried messaging moderators about suspicions and not got anything back in reply.

Back to top Go down

Post by DeludedOptimistorjustDave Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:43 pm

I come back, was never banned requested my original account was deleted, but then Gats went and dropped BOD!!!! I had to express my opinion i had to rejoin 606v2.
So what better way to come back as a new person?
What if you want to leave your past stigma behind? and make a fresh start? why should original identities be reinstated?

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:48 pm

Maybe you should have gone into the poster protection programme.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:03 am

DeludedOptimistorjustDave wrote:I come back, was never banned requested my original account was deleted, but then Gats went and dropped BOD!!!! I had to express my opinion i had to rejoin 606v2.
What if you want to leave your past stigma behind? and make a fresh start? why should original identities be reinstated?

You may not be aware, but there have be a fair number of threads totally derailed by accusations and counter accusations about posters idenentities. Some correct some way off the mark.

The truth is we all have our own posting styles, pet hates etc, and sooner or later people twig who is who. If people are honest and up front then it will stop any future mud flinging about who is who. And that will lead to a lot less threads derailed in the way that they have been of late, which in turn will make these boards an easier and friendlier place for all.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:16 am

aucklandlaurie wrote:
Laugh

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:20 am

Cyril wrote:
aucklandlaurie wrote:
Laugh

laughing laughing laughing

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Rugby Fan Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:48 am

I'm pleased some action has been taken. I'm new to the forum, and still more of a lurker than contributor, but it was getting distracting.

I'm not familiar enough with the people involved, but I do have some sympathy with Risca Rev's points.

If Richard Cockerill were to flout his touchline ban by putting on a wig and false moustache, I don't think that would be acceptable to many, regardless of his broader contribution to the sport. To me, a banned member continuing to post on the forum under another name is guilty of the same behaviour.

If moderators have intentionally been turning a blind eye, then I hope this practice is now over. Allowing someone back on the sly, when they have disrupted the forum before, seems to me to be a recipe for trouble. If someone is to be allowed back, then it should be in full view so everyone knows what has transpired.

It seems this is where we are now, so I hope we can spend more time talking about the world's best sport.

I'm off now to watch the cricket and golf. Oh, hang on...

Rugby Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:47 am

Rugbyfan wrote:If moderators have intentionally been turning a blind eye, then I hope this practice is now over. Allowing someone back on the sly, when they have disrupted the forum before, seems to me to be a recipe for trouble.

Mate it isn't about turning a blind eye.

You have two scenario's, those previously banned permanently and coming back under a new name with new IP address, these guys are not easy to spot on the system.

Then there are those coming back and we know who they are, they are contacted by Administrators or Moderators and told to behave or they will again be sent packing.

You need to understand this is a part time activity for us, we don't have special systems in place to ensure those banned to exile never gets on the flight back home again.

The other side of the coin is also that we don't like to get rid of posters all the time, if that was our main practice on V2 Forum then sadly it would be a very quiet place.

People are encouraged to enjoy themselves here whilst contributing in a positive manner, unfortunately some posters are more inclined to hold grudges and personal vendettas than being willing to make positive contributions, and that doesn't only go for banned posters but regular long standing member alike.

The reason for the Administration and Moderation team to take this stance towards returning posters is trying to also have an attitude of forgive, even though we don't forget.

It will be helpful if posters concentrate on the fact that they are here to discuss sport, rather than behaving in manners not becoming.

Remember the posters who are intent on creating controversy and launch parties by having a sole purpose of hunting down and persecuting returning posters is as unacceptable as those constantly breaking house rules.

We all need to just remember this is a sporting forum and we are to have fun.

There is a word in Afrikaans "Verdraagsaamheid"

It is a beautifull descriptive word in my language that basically encompasses the ability to tolerate people, unfortunately I can't think of a better word in English to describe it. But essentially the word means more than just tolerance, it is also about the ability to forgive and allowing people to express themselves in situations you yourself may find irritating etc.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:16 pm

This all seems rather pointless, it’s not like it’s the crime of the century to return to this site. Sure sometimes things may get out of hand, one mans Banter/Sledging is another mans Wumming.

Maybe the real problem is the people with no sense of humour who point and wag their finger at every opportunity and are prepared to make offensive comments that are the real problem, it's not like anyone makes them read or reply to comments that are posted here.

606v2 needs to keep some sense of fun as well as being a site to discuss serious sporting issues otherwise what is the point?
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:25 pm

Biltong wrote:
Rugbyfan wrote:If moderators have intentionally been turning a blind eye, then I hope this practice is now over. Allowing someone back on the sly, when they have disrupted the forum before, seems to me to be a recipe for trouble.

Mate it isn't about turning a blind eye.

You have two scenario's, those previously banned permanently and coming back under a new name with new IP address, these guys are not easy to spot on the system.

Then there are those coming back and we know who they are, they are contacted by Administrators or Moderators and told to behave or they will again be sent packing.

You need to understand this is a part time activity for us, we don't have special systems in place to ensure those banned to exile never gets on the flight back home again.

The other side of the coin is also that we don't like to get rid of posters all the time, if that was our main practice on V2 Forum then sadly it would be a very quiet place.

People are encouraged to enjoy themselves here whilst contributing in a positive manner, unfortunately some posters are more inclined to hold grudges and personal vendettas than being willing to make positive contributions, and that doesn't only go for banned posters but regular long standing member alike.

The reason for the Administration and Moderation team to take this stance towards returning posters is trying to also have an attitude of forgive, even though we don't forget.

It will be helpful if posters concentrate on the fact that they are here to discuss sport, rather than behaving in manners not becoming.

Remember the posters who are intent on creating controversy and launch parties by having a sole purpose of hunting down and persecuting returning posters is as unacceptable as those constantly breaking house rules.

We all need to just remember this is a sporting forum and we are to have fun.

There is a word in Afrikaans "Verdraagsaamheid"

It is a beautifull descriptive word in my language that basically encompasses the ability to tolerate people, unfortunately I can't think of a better word in English to describe it. But essentially the word means more than just tolerance, it is also about the ability to forgive and allowing people to express themselves in situations you yourself may find irritating etc.

I've said that I don't mind the poster I've been highlighting returning to moderators, but again how are we meant to know that they have been allowed back if we aren't told? Otherwise it obviously gives the impression that they are trying to sneak through, particularly when they're allowed to change their name when they register again and then again when they are here.

It's all well and good saying that somebody like me is guilty of hunting down a poster, but it's easily avoidable with a little communication, like has happened here. Also, if I (or others) was (were) to highlight a poster, then it is nice to feel like the question raised is being taken into consideration. My point has always been if some are allowed to return, why aren't others.

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:32 pm

The trouble with certain members of this forum, and indeed the world in general, is that they are far to precious for there own good. Look at the uproar the Lions series caused, and we won, imagine if we had lost that tour, god help us.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:35 pm

606v2 would be better off without the Bounty Hunters trawling through pages and pages of posts.

These people need to lighten up and enjoy 606v2 for what it is, which imo is a way to discuss sport with fellow 606ers like you would if you were in a sportsbar guinness a laugh and a smile makes the day fly by imo. Very Happy

Long live 606v2.
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:00 pm

Scrumpy wrote:606v2 would be better off without the Bounty Hunters trawling through pages and pages of posts.

These people need to lighten up and enjoy 606v2 for what it is, which imo is a way to discuss sport with fellow 606ers like you would if you were in a sportsbar :guinness:a laugh and a smile makes the day fly by imo. Very Happy

Long live 606v2.

Again, on another thread. Here,Here clap 

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:35 pm

Yahoo 

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:11 am

Scrumpy wrote:606v2 would be better off without the Bounty Hunters trawling through pages and pages of posts.

These people need to lighten up and enjoy 606v2 for what it is, which imo is a way to discuss sport with fellow 606ers like you would if you were in a sportsbar :guinness:a laugh and a smile makes the day fly by imo. Very Happy

Long live 606v2.

Bounty hunters? We don't need that kind of scum....
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:14 am

DeludedOptimistorjustDave wrote:I come back, was never banned requested my original account was deleted, but then Gats went and dropped BOD!!!! I had to express my opinion i had to rejoin 606v2.

Hi view....Very Happy 
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by DeludedOptimistorjustDave Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:37 pm

Breadvan wrote:

Hi view....Very Happy 
drumroll zen 

Back to top Go down

Post by tigerleghorn Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:16 pm

I haven't noticed any old names reappearing, when is this to be implemented?

tigerleghorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:18 pm

As soon as the admins get to it, not sure when it will be though.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:41 am

tigerleghorn wrote:I haven't noticed any old names reappearing, when is this to be implemented?

Will be an interesting reveal. Kind of like a who shot Phil Mitchell.

Wonder why some people are so worried about it? Surely no secret/new identities = no "bounty hunting" and a more pub like environment without the false pretences?

Last edited by Risca Rev on Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:34 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:10 am

Bring back Stone Motif Wales 

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:50 pm

New poster here, bit of a veteran though from the old 606. I agree with the message from SS and this post, those false accusations made against The Saint were just dumb.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by R!skysports Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:30 pm

I am Spartacus

Thought better get that out before the Romans take me away

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

Post by t1000advancedprototype Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:22 pm

Banned posters returning under alternative names boils my blood.

t1000advancedprototype

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:28 pm

t1000advancedprototype wrote:Banned posters returning under alternative names boils my blood.
Yeah, along with your other pet peeve: polls.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by tigerleghorn Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:28 pm

It's not going to happen is it?

tigerleghorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:38 pm

Nope. Still, it doesn't really have to.

Why was GG's post deleted off here? Was it a lie?

Back to top Go down

Post by GloriousEmpire Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:42 am

I'm eagerly awaiting the name changes to see who has snuck back under a new alias and who is genuine. 

Of course it will start a whole new debate about which current name changed to which "old" name.

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:09 am

We'll always recognise you though ghostie. Don't worry!

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:31 am

Biltong wrote:Guys, the administration of this establishment has made an assessment on returning posters. As a general rule they come back as someone else and before long the accusations start flying around about their previous Pseudonyms.

Thank you.
Remembering the thread for what it was, shouldn't it get locked now? It never happened. Still, play on Ghostie and Hershey.

Back to top Go down

Post by GloriousEmpire Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:39 am

The powers have lives and Things to do other than babysit us here. I'm sure there are valid reasons for the delay and we should be respectful of them.

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Post by alanmackie6 Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:00 am

I have only just read with some concern this thread recently after a 5 month absence due to illness and personal problems.Thankfully my original Emack 2 credentials were accepted BUT
about a month ago.My hard drive crashed and on at considerable expense my Pc was functioning normally.To my frustration on trying to sign in with my new hard drive got a series
of messages which were completely unhelpful."account discontinued","Email address invalid"
"that name is already taken ","That Email address belongs to someone else"
I have done NOTHING WRONG,not been banned have the Administrators/Moderators any
idea how difficult it is to rejoin here.Messages tell you why you may not be able to log in
BUT not any sensible way to correct the problem.
I had to get a new email address and rejoin with a new persona.I want access to my posts
as EMACK2 plus any messages.On the old BBC 606 site I had to reinvent my self 7 times.
Today tried logging in with my new details and was refused needed to get a new password then reset my old one.Even then I HAD TO RESET IT AGAIN love this site but you make it really hard on guys inadvertenly disconnected to rejoin not even a contact email for an administrator to fix things.Not good lads FIX IT PLEASE.

alanmackie6

Back to top Go down

Post by GloriousEmpire Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:33 am

Alan if you mail the admins via the contact button when not logged in, the administrators will reply to you at a specified email account. It might not be right away because obviously they are just people and not 24 hour support Wink but they will do it! And they will help you solve your issues! They're fairly awesome people I tell you!!

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:09 am

Emack- !!

You lost your name fella!

Old men and computers:laughing: 

Just joshing dude!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by The Fourth Lion Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:26 am

This all seems rather hostile to returning posters to me.... as if they would all have left through fault of their own. Nobody seems to have given consideration to any other reason why somebody might have left in the first place.

My experience, when I have used other discussion forums, is that many leave because they are hounded out when the admins do nothing to protect them from malicious elements.

On one site, a young woman was disgracefully treated and left that place. She was intelligent, had an incisive wit and was very analytical but that apparently presented a threat to some who made her life a misery. She went through the appropriate channels to complain but nothing was done. Not surprisingly, the people she complained about were popular individuals who were chummy with the admins. And of course, once you're a mate of an admin, you're fireproof.

Cliques form, and admins, unwittingly or otherwise, are often a part of them.

It is good to see there is a distinct policy on this issue here, though. All I will say is: Cliques. Watch out for 'em. Because if you get somebody who is part of one on your back, you're toast.
The Fourth Lion
The Fourth Lion

Back to top Go down

Post by GloriousEmpire Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:04 am

The bloody cliques, coming over here, taking our jobs, living on benefits and disrupting our forums! Send them home to cliquonia in there'll be riots I tell you.

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Post by The Fourth Lion Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:13 am

GloriousEmpire wrote:The bloody cliques, coming over here, taking our jobs, living on benefits and disrupting our forums! Send them home to cliquonia in there'll be riots I tell you.
Yeah..... what have the cliquonians ever done for us..?
The Fourth Lion
The Fourth Lion

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:34 am

There's a small chance one poster may not be here in the same guise tomorrow.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy's Complaint Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:53 pm

What happens to articles that just disappear without explanation, comment or plain old locking?

There's a curious and interesting mix of moderation and laissez-faire on v2 whilst sometimes the deities move silently and irrevocably in expunging without trace the presence and/or fate of posts and posters.

In my next life I want to be Franz Kafka with hubris.

Portnoy's Complaint

Back to top Go down

Post by DeludedOptimistorjustDave Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:58 pm

Portnoy's Complaint wrote:What happens to articles that just disappear without explanation, comment or plain old locking?

There's a curious and interesting mix of moderation and laissez-faire on v2 whilst sometimes the deities move silently and irrevocably in expunging without trace the presence and/or fate of posts and posters.

This happened to me,posted a valid article with facts next thing you know GONE! talk about Wells 1984.
The level of restriction and control that is now in place on 606v2 would rival Stepford wives on what we can and can't think.

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:10 pm

Perhaps if the two of you write a proper article with content containing more than just a one liner or a stab at some random team your articles will be debated in a constructive manner.

If you ask me the standard of articles are slipping because there isn't enough control on the content of some of these attempted threads.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by tigerleghorn Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:05 pm

DeludedOptimistorjustDave wrote:
Portnoy's Complaint wrote:What happens to articles that just disappear without explanation, comment or plain old locking?

This happened to me,posted a valid article with facts next thing you know GONE! talk about Wells 1984.
The level of restriction and control that is now in place on 606v2 would rival Stepford wives on what we can and can't think.
George Orwell Dave, not Wells.

tigerleghorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next