The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Returning Posters from enforced or self imposed exile.

+15
GloriousEmpire
t1000advancedprototype
R!skysports
The Saint
Breadvan
LordDowlais
Scrumpy
Rugby Fan
Cyril
aucklandlaurie
DeludedOptimistorjustDave
ScarletSpiderman
mystiroakey
tigerleghorn
Biltong
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Returning Posters from enforced or self imposed exile. - Page 2 Empty Returning Posters from enforced or self imposed exile.

Post by Biltong Thu 18 Jul 2013, 1:27 am

First topic message reminder :

Guys, the administration of this establishment has made an assessment on returning posters. As a general rule they come back as someone else and before long the accusations start flying around about their previous Pseudonyms.

In most cases these accusations continue across various threads and often derail good threads. Over the past few weeks a number of threads have been locked due to the unpleasantness created and in order for this to come to an end we have decided that returning posters will be accommodated in the following manner.

1. If you return you come back under your original Pseudonym and not an alternative, you face the posters as who you were and deal with the issue at hand.

2. Any grievances between returning posters and existing posters must be discussed in this thread, no more accusations or personal insults in other topic specific threads.

3. The same rules apply for returning posters as for any other posters, you will follow the same rules as everyone else, and if not, you face the same consequences for breaking house rules as anyone else would.

4. If a poster is baiting you (either returning or existing poster) report it through the correct channels, via the report buttom, pm on on here. But do not retaliate or you will be likely to be dealt with too.

5. Before anyone starts complaining about previously banned  (or deemed previously banned) posters, this is a decision made by the establishment in order to give posters a second chance, how they use that second chance is entirely up to them.

Thank you.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Returning Posters from enforced or self imposed exile. - Page 2 Empty Re: Returning Posters from enforced or self imposed exile.

Post by DeludedOptimistorjustDave Thu 21 Nov 2013, 10:10 am

tigerleghorn wrote:
DeludedOptimistorjustDave wrote:
Portnoy's Complaint wrote:What happens to articles that just disappear without explanation, comment or plain old locking?

There's a curious and interesting mix of moderation and laissez-faire on v2 whilst sometimes the deities move silently and irrevocably in expunging without trace the presence and/or fate of posts and posters.

In my next life I want to be Franz Kafka with hubris.
This happened to me,posted a valid article with facts next thing you know GONE! talk about Wells 1984.
The level of restriction and control that is now in place on 606v2 would rival Stepford wives on what we can and can't think.
George Orwell Dave, not Wells.
You got my point.
But upon reflection i did have H.G Wells on the brain when posting.

Back to top Go down

Returning Posters from enforced or self imposed exile. - Page 2 Empty Re: Returning Posters from enforced or self imposed exile.

Post by Portnoy's Complaint Thu 21 Nov 2013, 7:09 pm

Ah come off it Biltong. I can't nor won't speak for anyone else but there is a line - a measured line - between banter and offensive comments. A line which must be observed by all.

But unilateral redaction without notice or forewarning to my mind is to my mind is a bit heavy-handed especially with the bile that spewed and condoned elsewhere on this board.

Portnoy's Complaint

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Thu 21 Nov 2013, 7:52 pm

Portnoy, at times good judgement is required when you want to open a topic.

Currently there is a lot of sensitive welsh posters around and they have copped enough flack without having to add more insult to injury.

Sure, I could have sent you a PM explaining the situation to you, but as a wise man, you should know better.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy's Complaint Thu 21 Nov 2013, 8:16 pm

Point taken (although I tend to skim through many posts which get heated). But my point remains. Plus I wasted an hour of my life playing acrostics with the OP containing Welsh international players for each letter. Only to find the article was 'disappeared'. When I left it, it was just good-humoured banter.

Miffed I was.
Maybe I should have written the article with yards of one-eyed rantings designed to engender wrath?

Portnoy's Complaint

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Thu 21 Nov 2013, 8:55 pm

Very Happy

You are better than that mate, humour is not always appreciated, even if well intended.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy's Complaint Thu 21 Nov 2013, 9:19 pm

Nothing is more serious than comedy my friend.
It's nothing to laugh about. Wink 

Portnoy's Complaint

Back to top Go down

Post by tigerleghorn Fri 22 Nov 2013, 3:29 am

Portnoy's Complaint wrote:Nothing is more serious than comedy my friend.
It's nothing to laugh about. Wink 
As the late, great, Bob Monkhouse remarked "My careers teacher said I'd never make a living telling jokes, he's not laughing now"!

tigerleghorn

Back to top Go down

Post by DeludedOptimistorjustDave Fri 22 Nov 2013, 8:56 am

Portnoy's Complaint wrote:Point taken (although I tend to skim through many posts which get heated). But my point remains. Plus I wasted an hour of my life playing acrostics with the OP containing Welsh international players for each letter. Only to find the article was 'disappeared'. When I left it, it was just good-humoured banter.

Miffed I was.
Maybe I should have written the article with yards of one-eyed rantings designed to engender wrath?
I would have liked to see these acrostics,
done it a few times but no one has ever picked up on one,i have told cyril to go and F himself with an acrostic before now, most satisfying i must say Wink 
Never heard of them before until Schwarzenegger used one whilst Governor and got caught,couldn't help but think what a great way of getting your own opinion across.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluedragon Mon 27 Jan 2014, 9:19 am

My gratitude to all who give up time to moderate the forums.

Wish all posters respected each other

Bluedragon

Back to top Go down

Post by GloriousEmpire Mon 27 Jan 2014, 10:43 am

Spent ten minutes looking an acrostic in there

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2