The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will Scott Quigg become the Povetkin of the Super Bantam Division?

+8
mobilemaster8
Lumbering_Jack
Gerry SA
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
manos de piedra
TRUSSMAN66
Rowley
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Will Scott Quigg become the Povetkin of the Super Bantam Division? Empty Will Scott Quigg become the Povetkin of the Super Bantam Division?

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu 18 Jul 2013, 1:33 pm

Ok, this isnt a dig at Scott.

More so how they are hyping this fight (Hearn & Sky).

http://www1.skysports.com/boxing/news/12183/8828004/Scott-Quigg-ready-to-take-on-classy-operator-Yoandris-Salinas-for-WBA-title

Not one mention of who the real WBA title holder is although during the build up to Froch vs Kessler, Ward was mentioned countless times as being the "super" champion.

If Quigg wins the "regular" belt, will he do a (past) Povetkin and try to claim to be something hes not, or a (current) Povetkin and go for the main man.

I feel the lack of talk and absolutely NO mention of Rigondeaux in the article tells it all.

We heard how Eddie Hearn reacted when Burns joined his stable and mentioned fighting Broner.....Hearn refused because Broner looked too good against Rees.

Suppose there is no shame in getting to Regular level though.

Would like to see the WBA force a fight between Rigo & Quigg after about 2 defences (if Quigg wins that is). And to be honest, they probably will as Top Rank need opponents for Rigo and Quigg will be a sitting duck.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Will Scott Quigg become the Povetkin of the Super Bantam Division? Empty Re: Will Scott Quigg become the Povetkin of the Super Bantam Division?

Post by Rowley Thu 18 Jul 2013, 1:46 pm

Think you are being a bit harsh Reborn. Quigg seems a guy who wants to do things right. Could have stuck around with Hatton but dumped him when he did not think he was getting the shots he wanted and every indication he has been staying in shape and chomping at the bit to get back was his comeback performance anything to judge it on.

Think we need to be sensible about this Hearn’s job is to promote the fight, his fighter, shift tickets and get folk watching on sky. He is hardly likely to be helped in achieving any of these aims by coming out and saying “Have got Quigg a world title fight, not a proper one mind you, Rigo is the proper champion and you have more chance of finding rocking horse s*it that seeing me put him in with him any time soon”

This is a sensible step for Quigg at the minute, tough but winnable fight that will give him enough of a belt to make his name known beyond these shores and hopefully secure bigger and better fights.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Will Scott Quigg become the Povetkin of the Super Bantam Division? Empty Re: Will Scott Quigg become the Povetkin of the Super Bantam Division?

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 18 Jul 2013, 1:52 pm

Rowley no offence to him but reborn is Irish and we know of a certain other superbantam that is Irish....

Quigg will be a very good superbantamweight champ and good luck to him..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Thu 18 Jul 2013, 2:01 pm

I dont think so. I think Hearn will look to establish a fanbase for Quigg first. Rigondeaux doesnt even have a tv network willing to show his fights at the moment so theres no real money in that fight.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu 18 Jul 2013, 2:13 pm

No I mean no disrespect to Quigg. Its more a thought of how Hearn will market Quigg.

Povetkin got slated for being in "world title" fights yet Wlad is the WBA world champion.

When you read an article on Sky or anywhere else they mention this fact. Yet so far the fact that Rigo is the champion isnt being reported.

Why should Quigg get reported as the WBA world champion (which he will) when Povetkin gets laughed at when hes mentioned as a world champion.

Again this is NOTHING aimed at Quigg personally.

And Truss, stop boring people with your "oh hes irish" crap, you are boring.

This has nothing to do with Frampton....when Brian Magee held the "regular" belt, he got the same treatment, not a REAL title holder, and guess where he's from you numpty.

So it has nothing to do with nationality. I like both Quigg and Frampton.

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 18 Jul 2013, 3:34 pm

I'm just setting the record straight that you have an interest...Less of the abuse..

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Thu 18 Jul 2013, 3:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu 18 Jul 2013, 5:55 pm

apologies big lad
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Thu 18 Jul 2013, 6:13 pm

I agree it is a tad harsh, why don't we wait to see how he does before we start labelling him as anything let alone the next Povetkin which is, with all due respect, a tag that is suppose to put them down

He's a talented fighter and should he win a world title he's a good world champion, not the likes of Rigo and Donaire, but a good champ an a lot younger than both

There have been a lot of regular champs and super champs so not every single one of them is a Povetkin. Trout was a regular champ then was finally allowed to get amongst the big names and showed his mettle

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Fri 19 Jul 2013, 12:02 pm

Interestingly I watched Ringside yesterday.

They made out that Quigg's fight is for the real WBA title.

No mention of Rigondeaux.

Farcical if you ask me.

Rigondeaux is the champion. Quigg will be a paper holder like Povetkin

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Fri 19 Jul 2013, 12:07 pm

Will Quigg even be a paper holder? The WBA belt holds the same value as the intercontinental style rubbish we have out there - zero.

Do the WBA have the diamond belt? What is the diamond belt, does it mean you are best at the weight?

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Fri 19 Jul 2013, 12:11 pm

It is farcical. They go on about British golden age of boxing on ringside citing the world champions we have and world class fighters but the rising number of british world champions is in proportion with the rising number of world titles available. Even Froch, our best fighter, is not the best in his division.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Fri 19 Jul 2013, 12:12 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:Will Quigg even be a paper holder? The WBA belt holds the same value as the intercontinental style rubbish we have out there - zero.

Do the WBA have the diamond belt? What is the diamond belt, does it mean you are best at the weight?
Well Quigg already has the WBA 'interim' SBW title

So if the WBA 'regular' title is more an interim title

Is the WBA interim title more an interim interim title?

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Fri 19 Jul 2013, 12:21 pm

This is what I meant. Its not a dig at Scott, but more at the BS comes from the Eddie Hearn show.....sorry Ringside.

You can bet your bottom dollar that Rigo will not be mentioned when/if Quigg wins. According to Sky/Hearn Scott Quigg will be THE super bantam champion of the world.

We keep hearing that Andre Ward needs Carl Froch, not the other way round. I wonder if they will adapt this attitude with Quigg
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Fri 19 Jul 2013, 12:22 pm

Basically if he wins, no matter what anyone says, he isn't a world champion. If he beats rigondeux then he can claim as such.

But if he fights this random guy and wins, i guarantee sky will be LOVING it stating he is genuine world class and a genuine world champ.

If i was a pro boxer, i couldn't settle at that, id seek rigondeux out straight away to become an actual world champ and not some fake.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Fri 19 Jul 2013, 1:10 pm

mobilemaster8 wrote:Basically if he wins, no matter what anyone says, he isn't a world champion. If he beats rigondeux then he can claim as such.

But if he fights this random guy and wins, i guarantee sky will be LOVING it stating he is genuine world class and a genuine world champ.

If i was a pro boxer, i couldn't settle at that, id seek rigondeux out straight away to become an actual world champ and not some fake.
+1

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Fri 19 Jul 2013, 1:56 pm

Easier said than done

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Fri 19 Jul 2013, 1:59 pm

Is it though manos? Rigondeux is being screwed over stateside by Arum even though he gave Doanire a boxing masterclass after having had only 12 fights or so! He should be big TV now. If he cant get them, then Quigg would be a good fight in the UK for sure. Whether he comes across is another story, but would be good exposure. After all, he came to Ireland.....

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Fri 19 Jul 2013, 2:08 pm

I think from Quiggs perspective yes, far easier said than done. Most boxers will fight anyone if the money is right. But promoters, managers, tv networks etc crunch the numbers etc and in general decide who they fight - for the most part.

Most boxers also dont have the luxury of thinking like fans. For the most part they have to make a living from the sport and support their family. Fighting someone like Rigondeaux for small money is just not worth it. If he can develop a name, build some momentum and become a fixture on Sky Sports then he could tempt Rigondeaux over and make it financially viable. He shouldnt be fighting Rigondeaux at this stage in his career in any case in my view. His next fight is good one for him. I dont blame the boxers for the ridiculous multi belt system.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Fri 19 Jul 2013, 2:49 pm

Rigo has had less fights as a pro than Scott. No reason not to fight him.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Fri 19 Jul 2013, 3:03 pm

i dont really think the number of pro fights is t.he best basis to use. Aside from the lack of financial incentive i think quigg needs more experience at a high level before taking on one of the bestin the world

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by The Terror of Tylorstown Sun 21 Jul 2013, 7:47 pm

Nobody is going to actively seek out Rigondeaux because he's very high risk very low reward, why take a fight for peanuts that you have no realistic chance of winning?

The Terror of Tylorstown

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Sun 21 Jul 2013, 8:43 pm

Would tend to agree Rigo is the chairman of the who needs him club at the minute. Will probably beat you, in the unlikely event you can turn him over you'lll probably look god awful doing it and either way you will get sod all money for doing it as he has no kind of fanbase/PPV audience.

Still think singling Quigg out for criticism is harsh though, the accusation can be thrown at pretty much any fighter that does not go straight for the "man" at their weight. Most fighters will look to pick up a belt, a few defences before looking to establish themselves as the best in their division. Don't blame the fighters blame the farcical system that allows about seven people in any given division to call themselves world champion at the same time.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Mon 22 Jul 2013, 12:07 pm

Watched an interview last night were Hearn pathetically used his "he needs us, we dont need him" line about Rigo.

He actually went on to say that the "Regular" belt is THE world title and the Super Belt is only if a fighter is a unified champion. Now although this is true regarding the unification aspect. He is still trying to justify that Quigg will be the WBA world champion which is nonsense. Its a 2nd division title below the Champion.

Kugan Cassius then mentioned Brian Magee being champion and Hearn spouts that he wasn't, he was interim...again not true. Magee was made regular champion after some euro chump vacated. Whats funny is Hearn then said Froch is the Champion as he won the regular belt off Kessler......well Eddie, guess who Kessler won it from........

Fair play to Quigg if he wins, I would like to see him go for one of the other belts (IBF or WBC) as if he won one of those then he can hold his head high and proclaim himself as a legit world champion. But the WBA route is nonsense as Rigo is the champion and picking up the WBA scraps and trying to feed it to the fans as caviar is balloni. His dismissal of Rigo as a champion was embarrasing and as unfortunate as it may sound. The subject will linger around for as long as Scott and Rigo both hold the belts.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Mon 22 Jul 2013, 12:29 pm

They should literally have 3 belts. WBC,WBA,IBF. That's it.

One belt not five hundred.

Scott and Hearn, along with his fans need to understand the following:

If Scott Quigg wins this fight, he will NOT, I repeat NOT, be a world champion and will still be far from it. Rigondeux is the Unified Genuine world champion having beaten good level opposition and having dominated a P4P fighter in Doniare. He therefore is the world champion and Quigg will certainly not be.

I wont be classing him as one at all. This is actually pathetic.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 22 Jul 2013, 1:22 pm

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:Watched an interview last night were Hearn pathetically used his "he needs us, we dont need him" line about Rigo.

He actually went on to say that the "Regular" belt is THE world title and the Super Belt is only if a fighter is a unified champion. Now although this is true regarding the unification aspect. He is still trying to justify that Quigg will be the WBA world champion which is nonsense. Its a 2nd division title below the Champion.

Kugan Cassius then mentioned Brian Magee being champion and Hearn spouts that he wasn't, he was interim...again not true. Magee was made regular champion after some euro chump vacated. Whats funny is Hearn then said Froch is the Champion as he won the regular belt off Kessler......well Eddie, guess who Kessler won it from........

Fair play to Quigg if he wins, I would like to see him go for one of the other belts (IBF or WBC) as if he won one of those then he can hold his head high and proclaim himself as a legit world champion. But the WBA route is nonsense as Rigo is the champion and picking up the WBA scraps and trying to feed it to the fans as caviar is balloni. His dismissal of Rigo as a champion was embarrasing and as unfortunate as it may sound. The subject will linger around for as long as Scott and Rigo both hold the belts.

Wasn't Barry Mcguigan a paper champion when Azumah was around........Wasn't Bruno a paper champion when Holy was around......
Mike mccallum when hearns was around at 154.......Bet you wouldn't have moaned about Lewis picking a belt out of the trash....

Benn was a paper champ........Eubank was a paper champ.........Calzaghe was a paper champ for nearly ten years...

Stop having a go at the kid ...who you resent fighting for an alphabet title just because you spend all your time waxing lyrical about Frampton.......

i'll remember this thread when frampton fights the WEAKEST champ around.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Mon 22 Jul 2013, 3:59 pm

I didnt know McGuigan held a "regular" belt....Wasnt Bruno the WBC title holder?

Eubank, Calzage WBO???

Once again you miss the point just to bring your stupid nationality nonsense in as always. Yawn, yawn, yawn.

In the comment I wrote I made my opinion clear as a bell. But maybe if you weren't mentally jerking off over how to add a nationality comment into yet ANOTHER thread you would have got the point.

I'll explain again as there might be a learning difficulty involved with you.

"Fair play to Quigg if he wins, I would like to see him go for one of the other belts (IBF or WBC) as if he won one of those then he can hold his head high and proclaim himself as a legit world champion"

Now, if the weakest champion was the IBF belt holder and Quigg beat him then he is still a World Champion in his own right. He would hold a major title without the interim, regular, super nonsense. He would be number 1 with that organisation.

But with the WBA he is going for the belt which would make him number 2, but his team will proclaim him as THE CHAMPION.

Frampton would get the same flack as Im not Steffan or some nationalistic bell end like yourself.

Anyway, couldnt make it more clearer. So take the comment in, read it over a few times, do what ever you wish, but please go be your same boring self elsewhere. Maybe you can find some poor sap to go through the toreture of having to "debate" with you. I've got better things to do like clean dog dirt off my shoe with a lollypop stick. Beats reading your posts any day kid. Cool
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 22 Jul 2013, 4:05 pm

I'm bringing nationality in because it's relevant....you're Irish and you wax lyrical about Frampton...It's the same with Strongy who writes BOXNATION threads all the time now since Frampton made the switch..

It's alright.........However trying to make us believe you're objective about Quigg is a bit of a stretch Mate!!

Bit like me writing a Honeyghan article.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 22 Jul 2013, 4:12 pm

I'm with Reborn on this. Nationalistic jongoism not relevant and being shoe-horned in for the sake of an argument.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 22 Jul 2013, 4:17 pm

I don't care what you think If I'm honest....Picking arguments for no reason is the reason you were stripped of your MOD  STATUS....

Don't want one with you..I'll ignore you like everyone else is on the Prime Tyson thread instead..

Stand by my point to you reborn..Posting history shows in this case Nationalism is relevant....

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Mon 22 Jul 2013, 4:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 22 Jul 2013, 4:24 pm

Oh look, Truss throwing his toys out and reverting to dick status.

Reborn has been painfully clear he's not trying to make this about nationality and you choose to ignore it, I may have been stripped of Mod status but how many times have you been banned?

One little insight my brief Mod status did give me is that you are universally the most reported poster on these boards, so clearly I'm not the only one to find you obnoxious.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 22 Jul 2013, 4:27 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Oh look, Truss throwing his toys out and reverting to dick status.

Reborn has been painfully clear he's not trying to make this about nationality and you choose to ignore it, I may have been stripped of Mod status but how many times have you been banned?

One little insight my brief Mod status did give me is that you are universally the most reported poster on these boards, so clearly I'm not the only one to find you obnoxious.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 22 Jul 2013, 4:42 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:One little insight my brief Mod status did give me is that you are universally the most reported poster on these boards, so clearly I'm not the only one to find you obnoxious.

Please don't say that. Az will interpret it as a challenge.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 22 Jul 2013, 4:43 pm

Rowley wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:One little insight my brief Mod status did give me is that you are universally the most reported poster on these boards, so clearly I'm not the only one to find you obnoxious.

Please don't say that. Az will interpret it as a challenge.

and I thought they pmed for a chat...........It's good to talk..........

just out of interest have any other moderators been stripped or are you a trailblazer!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 22 Jul 2013, 5:01 pm

Az was a mod when we first moved over from 606, he lasted less time than I did even.

Other's have resigned their position due to the hassle. Don't think anyone has been appointed or sacked that's also served bans like you tho....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 22 Jul 2013, 5:02 pm

Well you beat Azania....I take it all back..thumbsup ..No offence kid but who'd notice If you were banned ??..

You're irrelevant...at least Az offers something....although the way he offers it can be questionned..

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Mon 22 Jul 2013, 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Mon 22 Jul 2013, 5:25 pm

Nationality only seems to matter to you Truss. Steffan is tongue in cheek.

But you bring it up as if people should be ashamed of it.

Irish boxers are crap and its been years since anything remotely worth getting excited about has even scratched the surface.

If I am so bias then prove it. You are the only person I ever see bringing this up to every poster who tries to make a point. Its borderline cringeworthy.

If thats the best you can do to try and bait someone into a silly arguement then you must try harder. Even Winchester can crack people better than than.

Up your game Truss, you are getting to predictable Wink 
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 22 Jul 2013, 5:27 pm

Why should you be ashamed of who you are..........

I've just seen you go on about Frampton ad nauseum.. he's obviously a hero.........It's a fair assumption you'll not be quite so objective about his arch-rival.......

But you know...whatever.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 22 Jul 2013, 5:29 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Well you beat Azania....I take it all back..thumbsup ..No offence kid but who'd notice If you were banned ??..

You're irrelevant...at least Az offers something....although the way he offers it can be questionned..

Had to edit that when you thought up something better to say??

You just don't like it because I don't whimper to your bullying and see through your bluster easily. Pity, as you can actually 'offer something' when you're not commiting yourself to just playing the arrishole.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 22 Jul 2013, 5:34 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Well you beat Azania....I take it all back..thumbsup ..No offence kid but who'd notice If you were banned ??..

Had to edit that when you thought up something better to say??

You just don't like it because I don't whimper to your bullying and see through your bluster easily. Pity, as you can actually 'offer something' when you're not commiting yourself to just playing the arrishole.

okay enough......You're irrelevant...and even worse boring.

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Mon 22 Jul 2013, 5:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Mon 22 Jul 2013, 6:26 pm

Prove it Truss, you are making up things. Come on, shows all the comments iv made about Frampton for it to be considered ad nauseum.

Maybe I should make a spelling mistake and give you something REAL to criticise me for. At the minute you are pee peeing in the wind talking complete muck. At least Toppy was made a mod. You say he wouldn't be noticed? I didn't see anyone noticing you when they where looking for a new mod. Toppy is ten times the poster you are. At least he makes sense and doesn't tell lies
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 22 Jul 2013, 7:00 pm

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:Prove it Truss, you are making up things. Come on, shows all the comments iv made about Frampton for it to be considered ad nauseum.

Maybe I should make a spelling mistake and give you something REAL to criticise me for. At the minute you are pee peeing in the wind talking complete muck. At least Toppy was made a mod. You say he wouldn't be noticed? I didn't see anyone noticing you when they where looking for a new mod. Toppy is ten times the poster you are. At least he makes sense and doesn't tell lies

"At least Toppy was made a mod"....I knew Edmund Hillary wasted his life climibing Everest...Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes 

Calm down...Cool

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Mon 22 Jul 2013, 7:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed 24 Jul 2013, 7:38 am

All of these titles are nonsense. Rigo is the man at super bantam - same way Ward is at super middle.

Frampton will be in the same boat when he wins the IBF version. That won't stop Hearn/Warren marketing a clash between Q and F as a unification bout (same way Hearn's marketing Froch-Groves as a championship bout).

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 24 Jul 2013, 10:53 am

Difference is when Frampton wins the iBF he will be a genuine champion according to the thread author...

You wait...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed 24 Jul 2013, 1:38 pm

He would be the top man of a major organisation, Quigg wont be number 1 of his titles organisation.

What's the problem with that?

Anyway, still waiting on the proof that I constantly talk about Frampton....or are you having trouble backing up that additional piece of BS that you ruin this site with.

Cool 
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed 24 Jul 2013, 1:41 pm

If Darren Barker beats Geale for the IBF he will be a genuine world champion. So what is your gripe about others. Picking and choosing your nonsense arguements again are you Truss.

You have to try harder, your WUMMING is even more predictable and boring as ever.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 24 Jul 2013, 1:59 pm

All sounds like semantics to me Reborn, in division where someone has established something approaching dominance such as Ward at super middle and Rigo at super bantam, those are the man and anyone else holding a world title is a belt holder. How you happen to come by that belt is largely irrelevant, you are either the man or you're not. Should Frampton and Quigg win belts they will be beltholders until the point Rigo buggers off or one of them beat him. Frampton would be no more or less a valid "champion" than Quigg IMO.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed 24 Jul 2013, 2:12 pm

I agree Rowley and really its the ring mag belt that seems to point to the "man" at the weight. But the WBA for me have created such a horrible system where they have the fighters who are ranked 2/3 in their organisation claiming to be World Champions whereas the point I was making is the IBF (which Truss brought up) have one belt for the one world champion within that organisation. So for me, the IBF belt (which I did not mention) can at least give a fighter the right to market themselves as a world champion within that body. But the WBA belt that Quigg is going for will have him sitting behind Rigo so how can that belt rightfully be recognised as one that makes a fighter a world champion when they are 2nd placed within the WBA at that weight.

The point of the article has absolutely nothing to do with Frampton and it is the idiot who keeps bringing him up and telling lies that apparently I never stop talking about him who wants to ruin the point.

My gripe is more with the WBA situation and if Quigg is to be recognised and marketed as a legit world title holder then why does Povetkin get laughed at for being in exactly the same prediciment. Froch also got (and still gets stick) for stating he is the WBA champion when Ward really is.

If Quigg won the IBF or WBO I would recognise him as a World Champion, as he would be the top ranked fighter in each body. The WBC have that stupid diamond or champion emeritus or whatever its called so they are just as bad as the WBC.

Anyway, thanks for your valid point Rowley, its been a few days since I have heard one on this thread. thumbsup 
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 24 Jul 2013, 2:14 pm

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:If Darren Barker beats Geale for the IBF he will be a genuine world champion. So what is your gripe about others. Picking and choosing your nonsense arguements again are you Truss.

You have to try harder, your WUMMING is even more predictable and boring as ever.

Barker will be a double alphabet champion.......good achievement when you're part-unified...Never said he'd be the man though..

It's not that I don't appreciate you..It's just you're so very transparent on this subject.

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Wed 24 Jul 2013, 2:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed 24 Jul 2013, 2:42 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:If Darren Barker beats Geale for the IBF he will be a genuine world champion. So what is your gripe about others. Picking and choosing your nonsense arguements again are you Truss.

Barker will be a double alphabet champion.......good achievement when you're part-unified...Never said he'd be the man though..

It's not that I don't appreciate you..It's just you're so very transparent on this subject.

Im still waiting on the proof Truss. Come on, you must have something to back up your silly point. Or are you just spouting nonsense as usual?

What about Hopkins, is he not a World Champion at Light Heavy? No such thing as an alphabet champion by the way. You are a world champion by right if you win the belt and become No.1 in that organisation. I take it Vitali K isnt a world champion in your eyes?
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 24 Jul 2013, 2:51 pm

Vitali is a paper champion...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next