The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will Scott Quigg become the Povetkin of the Super Bantam Division?

+8
mobilemaster8
Lumbering_Jack
Gerry SA
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
manos de piedra
TRUSSMAN66
Rowley
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Will Scott Quigg become the Povetkin of the Super Bantam Division? - Page 2 Empty Will Scott Quigg become the Povetkin of the Super Bantam Division?

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu 18 Jul 2013, 1:33 pm

First topic message reminder :

Ok, this isnt a dig at Scott.

More so how they are hyping this fight (Hearn & Sky).

http://www1.skysports.com/boxing/news/12183/8828004/Scott-Quigg-ready-to-take-on-classy-operator-Yoandris-Salinas-for-WBA-title

Not one mention of who the real WBA title holder is although during the build up to Froch vs Kessler, Ward was mentioned countless times as being the "super" champion.

If Quigg wins the "regular" belt, will he do a (past) Povetkin and try to claim to be something hes not, or a (current) Povetkin and go for the main man.

I feel the lack of talk and absolutely NO mention of Rigondeaux in the article tells it all.

We heard how Eddie Hearn reacted when Burns joined his stable and mentioned fighting Broner.....Hearn refused because Broner looked too good against Rees.

Suppose there is no shame in getting to Regular level though.

Would like to see the WBA force a fight between Rigo & Quigg after about 2 defences (if Quigg wins that is). And to be honest, they probably will as Top Rank need opponents for Rigo and Quigg will be a sitting duck.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Will Scott Quigg become the Povetkin of the Super Bantam Division? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will Scott Quigg become the Povetkin of the Super Bantam Division?

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed 24 Jul 2013, 3:13 pm

He is the WBC World Champion last time I looked.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Will Scott Quigg become the Povetkin of the Super Bantam Division? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will Scott Quigg become the Povetkin of the Super Bantam Division?

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 24 Jul 2013, 3:19 pm

Just as much a world champion as Scott Quigg will be..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed 24 Jul 2013, 3:23 pm

WBC Heavyweight ratings:

No:1 - Vitali Klitschko

WBA Super Bantam Ratings:

No:1 - Guillermo Rigondeaux

Quigg will be number 2, Vitali will be number 1....completely different.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Furysuppercut Wed 24 Jul 2013, 3:26 pm

Vitali isn't a joke. How can anyone with a boxing brain say such garbage.

Vitali will go down as one of the top 10 heavyweights in History.

Future HOF fighter, lost twice to a cut and an injury, absolutely battered Lewis who was in his prime on two weeks notice.

Awful comment.

Furysuppercut

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed 24 Jul 2013, 3:30 pm

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:If Darren Barker beats Geale for the IBF he will be a genuine world champion. So what is your gripe about others. Picking and choosing your nonsense arguements again are you Truss.

You have to try harder, your WUMMING is even more predictable and boring as ever.

Martinez is the man at middleweight. Barker would be nothing more than a title holder.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed 24 Jul 2013, 3:30 pm

Furysuppercut wrote:Vitali isn't a joke. How can anyone with a boxing brain say such garbage.

Future HOF fighter, lost twice to a cut and an injury, absolutely battered Lewis who was in his prime on two weeks notice.

Awful comment.

Nowhere near top ten.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Furysuppercut Wed 24 Jul 2013, 3:32 pm

How is he not?

Furysuppercut

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 24 Jul 2013, 3:45 pm

Furysuppercut wrote:Vitali isn't a joke. How can anyone with a boxing brain say such garbage.

Awful comment.

Did anyone say he was.....Look Is this a winchester alias...can you check....

One is enough

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Furysuppercut Wed 24 Jul 2013, 3:49 pm

What does that mean? Are you comparing me to an English town steeped in history?

Furysuppercut

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 24 Jul 2013, 3:49 pm

Furysuppercut wrote:What does that mean? Are you comparing me to an English town steeped in history?

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Furysuppercut Wed 24 Jul 2013, 3:51 pm

IM simply voicing my own opinion i thought that's what these boards were for? I have no idea why your comparing me to an English town, unless im missing the joke? Not sure.

its like me comparing you to Fareham or Manchester. Why would i?

Furysuppercut

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 24 Jul 2013, 3:52 pm

Furysuppercut wrote:What does that mean? Are you comparing me to an English town steeped in history?

Just off the A491 in Worcestershire, near Hagley.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Furysuppercut Wed 24 Jul 2013, 3:54 pm

Thanks for the directions mate. But in still confused.

Furysuppercut

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 24 Jul 2013, 3:56 pm

Furysuppercut wrote: But in still confused.

Confused enough to believe someone said Vitali is a joke as well..You have got it bad today Sonny.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Furysuppercut Wed 24 Jul 2013, 4:01 pm

Who said he was a joke? I said he is, in my opinion, a top ten heavy of all time.

Furysuppercut

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 24 Jul 2013, 4:02 pm

Let's just calm down...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Furysuppercut Wed 24 Jul 2013, 4:03 pm

? I am calm.....??

Furysuppercut

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed 24 Jul 2013, 4:28 pm

hazharrison wrote:
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:If Darren Barker beats Geale for the IBF he will be a genuine world champion. So what is your gripe about others. Picking and choosing your nonsense arguements again are you Truss.

You have to try harder, your WUMMING is even more predictable and boring as ever.

Martinez is the man at middleweight. Barker would be nothing more than a title holder.

When did I ever refer to who will be "the man"?

I am only pointing out that becoming number 1 within one of the four major bodies and holding a world title, that fighter is a world champion. Maybe not THE world champion as you are mistaking my point for, but still officially a world champion. The point is, with the WBA holding a belt while ranked 2nd with them still gives promoters the brass neck to claim their fighter is the world champion. Other fights who hold the regular belt get slated for it, Povetkin, Froch.... So why shoould Quigg be viewed and reported as the WBA World Champion when he isnt even ranked number 1 by the WBA.

We refer Hopkins as the oldest ever world champion, I have never seen someone describe him as the oldest ever paper champion.

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 24 Jul 2013, 4:31 pm

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:
hazharrison wrote:

When did I ever refer to who will be "the man"?

I am only pointing out that becoming number 1 within one of the four major bodies and holding a world title, that fighter is a world champion. Maybe not THE world champion as you are mistaking my point for, but still officially a world champion. The point is, with the WBA holding a belt while ranked 2nd with them still gives promoters the brass neck to claim their fighter is the world champion. Other fights who hold the regular belt get slated for it, Povetkin, Froch.... So why shoould Quigg be viewed and reported as the WBA World Champion when he isnt even ranked number 1 by the WBA.

We refer Hopkins as the oldest ever world champion, I have never seen someone describe him as the oldest ever paper champion.

When Quigg is the wba champ...He's the wba champ end of...Deal with it!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed 24 Jul 2013, 4:39 pm

When he is ranked number one in the organisation he will be.

Until then hes just a number 2 who has a belt.

About the same as a WBC silver title.

Deal with that Truss.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 24 Jul 2013, 4:40 pm

I don't care Mate...If he's WBa champ...then he's what is on the tin....

Frampton IBF then he'll be IBF champ...

Haye-Fury shows titles are redundant these days anyway...

I think Quigg may be the best fighter in the division....Looked awesome against Munroe..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed 24 Jul 2013, 4:45 pm

I know what you are saying about them all being paper champs. But being number 2 within a major organisation, its ridiculous to be paraded as a champion (paper or otherwise).

Most fighters fight their way to the top of the rankings to win a belt.....Scott isn't, he is fighting all the way to number 2 to make that claim.

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 24 Jul 2013, 4:49 pm

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:I know what you are saying about them all being paper champs. But being number 2 within a major organisation, its ridiculous to be paraded as a champion (paper or otherwise).

Most fighters fight their way to the top of the rankings to win a belt.....Scott isn't, he is fighting all the way to number 2 to make that claim.

With so many alphabet anomalies why are you picking on Quigg ????

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed 24 Jul 2013, 4:59 pm

Its the WBA situation. If you read my comments again without trying to create petty accusations you will see countless times that I have mentioned that it isnt Quigg who deserves the flack. More so Hearn and Sky Sports for skimming over the fact that there is a very good champion at the top of the WBA rankings already who isnt involved in this fight.

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 24 Jul 2013, 5:04 pm

Not petty at all.........The fact that you don't go for quigg directly doesn't discount the fact you brought the subject up....

Which highlights the fact you have an interest...

and championing Frampton like you do and being Irish....

One may opine as to why you brought it up..and to where your sympathies lay.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed 24 Jul 2013, 5:20 pm

Again, you tell more lies. I was nearly taking you serious for a second there Truss.

The reason I mentioned Quigg is because the story I added to the post, I read that day and thought it was odd that nowhere in the article did they mention the word "regular" when the belt was brought up. Nowhere did it mention the number 1 guy in the SBW rankings with the WBA.

So just because Im from a country where a fighter is from means I have to support him??

Ok, Mr Merchant....keep winding away.

You seem to have an agenda with Irish people Truss, did a priest feel you up back in the old country or something?
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 15 Aug 2013, 9:11 am

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2